If Darth Revan is released this year I will be shocked

Replies

• I’m with you. We have revan. Even in that old games stupid cannon he’s a light side guy when it comes down to it. It’s just conspiracy theorists who can explain away anything. These people can literally be told that no dark side revan is coming and they will say - yea well that’s what the developers say to throw us off the track. That’s the thing with non fact based arguments. It can always continue because I can make up what it wants. Just look at the states political climate. Same deal. Any problem gets explained way because more people want to believe what they like , rather than fact.
    There’s no facts to prove if revan is coming or not. So why are they all siding with him coming ? Because they want it.

Look at the amount of people who can’t even accept that this month isn’t sith month. Clearly greve is a distraction.... bla bla.

• Stick wrote: »
    I’m with you. We have revan. Even in that old games stupid cannon he’s a light side guy when it comes down to it. It’s just conspiracy theorists who can explain away anything. These people can literally be told that no dark side revan is coming and they will say - yea well that’s what the developers say to throw us off the track. That’s the thing with non fact based arguments. It can always continue because I can make up what it wants. Just look at the states political climate. Same deal. Any problem gets explained way because more people want to believe what they like , rather than fact.
    There’s no facts to prove if revan is coming or not. So why are they all siding with him coming ? Because they want it.

Look at the amount of people who can’t even accept that this month isn’t sith month. Clearly greve is a distraction.... bla bla.

Lots of design elements that point to a Darth Revan. One of those was in the original Revan trailer, they referred to him as "Savior, Conqueror, Hero, Villain." and the "Savior" and "Hero" both glowed...those ended up being Jedi Revan's two unique skills. It would make a lot of sense to have a Darth Revan with "Conqueror" and "Villain" as two uniques, and he could apply Deathmark instead of Mark (to work well with Canderous, and be like a dark-side version of Jedi Revan, just like Bastila Fallen is a dark side version of the original Bastila, and her skills are similar but twisted to be dark side).

If CG wants to make money on a Darth Revan event (similar to how they made money on Jedi Revan), they'll have to make people spend money on the new KOTOR toons - and the window for doing that is shrinking. So if there's going to be a Darth Revan, it's most likely going to happen soon.
  • jkray622 wrote: »
    Stick wrote: »
    I’m with you. We have revan. Even in that old games stupid cannon he’s a light side guy when it comes down to it. It’s just conspiracy theorists who can explain away anything. These people can literally be told that no dark side revan is coming and they will say - yea well that’s what the developers say to throw us off the track. That’s the thing with non fact based arguments. It can always continue because I can make up what it wants. Just look at the states political climate. Same deal. Any problem gets explained way because more people want to believe what they like , rather than fact.

Lots of design elements that point to a Darth Revan. One of those was in the original Revan trailer, they referred to him as "Savior, Conqueror, Hero, Villain." and the "Savior" and "Hero" both glowed...those ended up being Jedi Revan's two unique skills. It would make a lot of sense to have a Darth Revan with "Conqueror" and "Villain" as two uniques, and he could apply Deathmark instead of Mark (to work well with Canderous, and be like a dark-side version of Jedi Revan, just like Bastila Fallen is a dark side version of the original Bastila, and her skills are similar but twisted to be dark side).

If CG wants to make money on a Darth Revan event (similar to how they made money on Jedi Revan), they'll have to make people spend money on the new KOTOR toons - and the window for doing that is shrinking. So if there's going to be a Darth Revan, it's most likely going to happen soon.
    Exactly. No proof. Games called galaxy of heroes , must be because they always planned on making a Jedi revan.
    jkray622 wrote: »

Exactly. No proof. Games called galaxy of heroes , must be because they always planned on making a Jedi revan.

What? Please explain.
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Use of gam guard as a visual place holder for testing a new toon. It's most likely revan or Malik.

Additional design elements include D.Bastila and Canderous both having deathmark synergy, when the only character currently capable of inflicting deathmark is death trooper, who is clearly not designed to synergize with either OR character.
  • Additional design elements include D.Bastila and Canderous both having deathmark synergy, when the only character currently capable of inflicting deathmark is death trooper, who is clearly not designed to synergize with either OR character.

Yes, exactly.
  • Liath wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Why are we only doing 6 attempts? And why wouldn't you account for all that when that's what you need to spend? My math is right (and I acknowledge that so is Roopehunter's), but I don't understand why you would do it that way. I'm spending 375 crystals/day for those 8 shards, regardless of how it's broken up. The actual cost to me then is 47 crystals/shard; 75 crystals/shard if I leave out the free energy.
    Because you aren't spending the same amount of crystals for each of those 8 shards. The first 2 - 3 from natural energy are free, the rest costs crystals, so your 375 crystals aren't spent for all 8 shards but only for whatever you get after the free attempts, and at different rates.
    And we are counting with 6 attempts because that's how many you get from one energy refresh, assuming a 20e node.

Ok. But, that seems a very weird way to do it. If I'm farming a 20 energy ship node and I'm in such a hurry that I'm refreshing, I will buy my 3 refreshes all at once, and do all my attempts all at once.

I'll leave it at that, but man to just buy a refresh and do 6 attempts and walk away and say those 2 shards cost 125 crystals is weird.

Again, you ought to be looking at the marginal cost, not the total cost, when the cost increases with each set.

The reason they are talking about 6 attempts is because that’s how many you are able to do with the 100 crystal energy refresh. To do the other 2 attempts you need to refresh again, which makes it even more expensive.

If I, for some unknown reason, buy just a single refresh, do 6 sims and then leave the other 2 un-simmed, those shards still only cost 75 crystals per shard on the 2nd refresh (100 crystals for the energy, 50 for the node). Still cheaper than the 80 from the shop.

But, again, you don't play this way. If you are refreshing a node, you are doing all 8 sims; you are probably also buying enough energy at one single time to do all the refreshes, so you need to use the total cost, do you not?

Well no in that old games stupid canon revan is full blown Darth Revan before the title scroll happens. Hes swayed dozens of militant jedi away from the traditional teachings, won the mandalorian war, and on his way to fight/reshape the old republic. Then boom task force Bastilla wipes his mind. Enter player character Revan. 300 years later Revan escapes the Sith Emperor and is working on reactivating star forges as Darth Revan. Granted his spirit is split and it gets a little convoluted with ls Revan force ghost vs raid boss Darth Revan. So it seems like factually in the old stupid canon Revan spends more narrative time as Darth Revan then a Jedi knight or "redeamed" Revan. But like you said you can just make up what you want. Youre right theres no facts to support Darth Revan coming, but there are very predictable patterns and prestablished trends. What purpose would Dark Side Bastilla serve if not to set a precedent for characters having alternate light and dark versions. Its not like we were so desperatelly needing another sith and theres absolutely no other female ds users. Frankly i wouldnt have given DS bastilla a sith tag in the same way visas doesnt have a sith or jedi tag. Ill bet ya 20 stun guns when the rest of the kotor2 companions show up in game they will have ls and ds versions. The same goes for Meetra, shell have a Jedi version and a ds version. Why? Because morality choices in games was one of the big selling points in trends in the early 2000s, and having your parties morality affected by your choices was a huge selling point of kotor 2. So which seems more likely? That Darth Revan will or wont happen?

Additional design elements include D.Bastila and Canderous both having deathmark synergy, when the only character currently capable of inflicting deathmark is death trooper, who is clearly not designed to synergize with either OR character.

And the raid Gamorrean guard........ wait a minute

Of course not, no "proof." But I'm not theorizing because I "want Darth Revan." I never played KOTOR and I don't care about the character. He could be Pikachu for all I care. But I expect he's coming, I expect it to be a short timeline, and I expect him to be about as dominant as Jedi Revan, so all the players who farmed speculatively (or spent tons of crystals or cash) will get him, and 90% of the players won't.

I did the same with the Millennium Falcon, and I am LOVING fleet Arena now. I barely drop out of top 10 anymore.
  • Riffinator wrote: »

What? Please explain.

Didn’t you know ? Revan has a move called hero. It was all an elaborate plan.

• I mean the raid version can inflict Deathmark.... which is what DSbast and Ordo have synergy with. Coincidence? I think not.
  • Use of gam guard as a visual place holder for testing a new toon. It's most likely revan or Malik.

Yeah, i figured that out.... really wish it was good ole' gam-gam

• Or milk
    Use of gam guard as a visual place holder for testing a new toon. It's most likely revan or Malik.
    Or milk?

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member

I don't think your analogy works. You are comparing a world of chaotic interactions and unknown unknowns to actions of a game development crew. In some way they want to make their patterns predictable for a consistent experience. And they need to capitalise on rest of the OR toons before everyone is able to finish them. Either Revan or Malak. Don't care which, both will serve the same purpose.

Lastly there are many facts regarding how things have happened that set precedents and then there are exceptions too ofc. These are data points where we can see the patterns. You are talking as if either Darth Revan/Malak gets announced or else it's purely unpredictable if he will ever get released or not.

• Here is the pattern. Something gets added or is without context and the forum will always add in some sort of baseless speculation. Darth revan has been speculated since DN and HK. Everything points to jedi luke to some fanatics. That’s your pattern.
    If there’s a pattern let me see when
    We had 5 characters introduced , req for a heroes journey , then 4 introduced. One of which isn’t even on the same side as the others (light/dark). Then these 4 become used for a new journey character ?
    There is a pattern of when characters are simply released in the game with no end game planned.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Here is the pattern. Something gets added or is without context and the forum will always add in some sort of baseless speculation. Darth revan has been speculated since DN and HK. Everything points to jedi luke to some fanatics. That’s your pattern.
    If there’s a pattern let me see when
    We had 5 characters introduced , req for a heroes journey , then 4 introduced. One of which isn’t even on the same side as the others (light/dark). Then these 4 become used for a new journey character ?
    There is a pattern of when characters are simply released in the game with no end game planned.

Until Revan we didn't have ancient journey's which turned out pretty similar to hero's journey but without the same requirements (one previous leg in relation)

Characters released in the game with no plans is not a pattern as there's no amount deliberation or naturalistic drive behind it. We saw increasing amount of leg/hero releases with some preceding effects. That's another pattern.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Or milk
    Use of gam guard as a visual place holder for testing a new toon. It's most likely revan or Malik.
    Or milk?
    Got milk?
    Milk confirmed!
    New Milk meta incoming!
    Milk OP!
    Nerf Milk!!!

:D
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    Why are we only doing 6 attempts? And why wouldn't you account for all that when that's what you need to spend? My math is right (and I acknowledge that so is Roopehunter's), but I don't understand why you would do it that way. I'm spending 375 crystals/day for those 8 shards, regardless of how it's broken up. The actual cost to me then is 47 crystals/shard; 75 crystals/shard if I leave out the free energy.
    Because you aren't spending the same amount of crystals for each of those 8 shards. The first 2 - 3 from natural energy are free, the rest costs crystals, so your 375 crystals aren't spent for all 8 shards but only for whatever you get after the free attempts, and at different rates.
    And we are counting with 6 attempts because that's how many you get from one energy refresh, assuming a 20e node.

Ok. But, that seems a very weird way to do it. If I'm farming a 20 energy ship node and I'm in such a hurry that I'm refreshing, I will buy my 3 refreshes all at once, and do all my attempts all at once.

I'll leave it at that, but man to just buy a refresh and do 6 attempts and walk away and say those 2 shards cost 125 crystals is weird.

Again, you ought to be looking at the marginal cost, not the total cost, when the cost increases with each set.

The reason they are talking about 6 attempts is because that’s how many you are able to do with the 100 crystal energy refresh. To do the other 2 attempts you need to refresh again, which makes it even more expensive.

If I, for some unknown reason, buy just a single refresh, do 6 sims and then leave the other 2 un-simmed, those shards still only cost 75 crystals per shard on the 2nd refresh (100 crystals for the energy, 50 for the node). Still cheaper than the 80 from the shop.

But, again, you don't play this way. If you are refreshing a node, you are doing all 8 sims; you are probably also buying enough energy at one single time to do all the refreshes, so you need to use the total cost, do you not?

I calculate it based on the energy cost for the 8 attempts, which is 100*1.33333 = 133 crystals. But it works out the same either way. If you calculate it assuming that the 150 crystals are buying you 8 attempts you are understating the cost.

I calculate it based on the energy cost for the 8 attempts, which is 100*1.33333 = 133 crystals. But it works out the same either way. If you calculate it assuming that the 150 crystals are buying you 8 attempts you are understating the cost.

Which is why I calculate the whole cost. I spend 375 crystals on that node each day, and I get 8 shards. Actual crystal cost per shard is 47 for that particular node.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

Which is why I calculate the whole cost. I spend 375 crystals on that node each day, and I get 8 shards. Actual crystal cost per shard is 47 for that particular node.

Completely different thing. But since you don’t understand the concept of marginal cost and marginal benefit, I don’t know how else to explain it except to recommend that you take an economics class.
  • It's be really cool if it was darth revan, but man that's like 20 legendaries in 6 months. :'(

CG: we hear you!
    Darth whatever become villain's jouney.
  • Power! unlimited power :D
  • Reyalp wrote: »
    Must be a placeholder. That Gamorean guard has 3 Zeta's....

Come on, you guys have to accept the truth that Gam guard is getting rework and has 3 zetas.
  • Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Reyalp wrote: »
    Must be a placeholder. That Gamorean guard has 3 Zeta's....

Come on, you guys have to accept the truth that Gam guard is getting rework and has 3 zetas.

I'm starting to think you'll need g12+ 3 zeta Gamorean Guard for Jedi Luke. Boom. Have that one community!

Completely different thing. But since you don’t understand the concept of marginal cost and marginal benefit, I don’t know how else to explain it except to recommend that you take an economics class.

unknown.png?width=400&height=226
  • PoD
    67 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Deleted my accidental post