Update on the Finn/Threepio Raid Interaction: Resulting Finn Modifications [MEGA]

Replies

• @CG_Carrie @CG_SBCrumb @CG_TopHat
    The community needs answers. We are tired of being lead on by false pretenses and ignored afterwards.
    The community needs answers. We are tired of being lead on by false pretenses and ignored afterwards.

Some kind of response would be nice for sure. Kyno has done as much damage control as he can but that’s not his responsibility.
    An EA moderator coming on and reprimanding the community (again) for their outrage at no response just adds fuel to the fire.
    Perhaps the answer is to have Crumb, TopHat or Carrie come on themselves and do damage control about refusing to refund Finns zeta since they decided to change a 2 year old mechanic rather than the raid itself.
  • Couldnt just make expose be % based for rebels and ewoks in raid? No ofcourse not.
  • SmilinStonee
    195 posts Member
    edited February 2019

Kyno has patience of a saint to stay in such a position, between a rock and hard place.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    He Protec
    He Atac
    But most importantly, he makes his daily Refund Finn's Zeta Post
  • why even nerf it at this point treya isnt meta anymore most already have her so whats the issue? just refund the Zeta mats and this 31 page thing comes to an end. its Really Freaking simple.

It is not as easy for the newer players.
    I have only three chars who are G12... 2x Resistance + Boba.
    You can imagine how this continues...
    I tried to build up one team into higher gear, to help me getting other gear.

For those with lower ratings, it is not only about the Zeta, it is about an big investment of their time and resources.

So either refund the whole resistance, or rebalance the rest of the resistance.

• Hey @Kyno, any chance you could ask someone at CG to come on and explain why they won’t refund Finn’s zeta? In the interest of open and honest communication.
    Go Pens!
  • This is swindling at it's finest and it's made much worse by the fact that it's now Wednesday, and there hasn't been a word from CG, even addressing one concern here would be appreciated.

It's very insulting to try and convince people with basic cognitive abilities that buffing up three abilities and nerfing a leadership is an advantage in our favor that we should be grateful for when Finn's leadership is the only thing that actually made him a good character.

If buffed up specials/uniques/basics are more important than a leadership, why haven't I seen a single common Revan team lineup under Kenobi lead (Which Finn's new kit could *maybe* counter)? Is it because, that without Revan's over buffed leadership that is dominating 85% of the top arena spots (86% of my top 50), he would just be a cool jedi that a bunch of factions would be able to wreck?

Was Finn's 1% of the meta, that gets demolished on defense that damaging to Revan's 85% which is only going to decrease slightly due to the convenient release of a P2W counter?

No one who zeta'd Finn years ago, and geared him up for his LEADERSHIP is going to be convinced that they're in a much better place by NOT being able to counter Revan.

Zfinn does not deserve to be benched in our rosters due to the year old, repeatedly resulting in changes to characters and game mechanics Sith Raid/ 4 month+ Revan meta. The community should not be grateful by the eventual compromise of refunding a zeta for a rework that is not wanted or needed when there are once again, plenty of suggestions to fix the loop without touching Finn if the loop is sincerely the big problem here.
  • Have you guys received enough backlash yet to finally decide that you'll refund the zeta?
    We upgraded an ability for a huge boost in TM gain and you KNOW that because that's what it was intended for and how it's been used since it's release.
    Now the ability is the "same" in the sense that it's name hasn't changed but the ability itself is way too different to justify your decision not to refund the zeta.
    You gave us Bariss' back, hell you even gave us Daka's back after you reworked a DIFFERENT CHARACTER???
    Give US, the community, the decision to either re-zeta him or not.
  • i'm pretty disgusted with this company right now. the list of things they've done to disrespect the players... it would be a waste of time to post a detailed list.. they know what they're doing. their actions prove that they do not care about us being upset.. this is definitively dystopian.
    meanwhile, this game is no longer grossing as high as competitors, and yet, rather than being more open, communicative, and appeasing, they're just downright treating us like trash.
    last year the company feared competition, and got really talkative for a while. yet they then went on with all their shady plans, like throwing f2p on 20 energy farms. having ship/cantina energy refresh cost 100 crystals, not reworking daily challenge rewards, using tighter panic farm timeliness and high end gear requirements on new events. now nerfing w/o apology, and increasing price of store packs.. etc etc.
    actions like this is like those at the heads of this company seems to be trying to line their pockets before the whole game goes down in flames.
  • Well now I have no reason to zeta Finn, this is a sad day
  • Well now I have no reason to zeta Finn, this is a sad day

At least you didn't do it long ago and regret it now. This is now a zeta I feel I wasted materials on. Before, I was able to use a team of 5 under RJT and ZFinn, Trooper and Poe along with two other randoms as a second team. Now I'll most likely have to bench Finn until I star and gear Holdo and Rose (neither is happening any time in the foreseeable future)
  • Finn must have been able to beat Grevious and Darth Revan during testing. We certainly can't have that!
  • Please update/edit the post to indicate when this is going to go live in big bold letters and numbers so we can know when to actually expect this to happen
  • FINN'S KIT - We are still planning to change Finn’s kit to prevent the infinite loop with C-3PO in a future update. Read more about the planned changes to Finn’s kit here

Is this ENTIRE thread a joke to you?
    We look forward to your feedback on this proposed change.
    clearly you wont be

"ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Dhuriya24
    77 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    So...where at 31 pages in terms of complaints of continued distrust due to nerfing, game mechanic changing, cheap cash grabs and whale pandering due to the Sith Raid and Revan meta, and your response is to not address a SINGLE injustice or even acknowledge a trend of shifty behavior on your behalf because of the two factors mentioned above, and instead state "Were still nerfing Finn if you want to know more, here's a link directing you to our original nerfing informational post".

A Grevious rework that relies on P2P characters to be successful will not make people forget that you spent 2 months ignoring everyone's suggestions to fix your garbage raid.

In which the numerous nerfs you've done to game mechanics/characters/raid features could have been avoided if you just took the help that people who spot potential issues within 10 minutes have been offering for months/years.

The lack of communication between the players and developers is beyond unprofessional and I expect that you'll put the dumpster fire "Finn Pack" in the store for new players to invest in as though they too cant spot the cheap,horrible, bait and switch tactic you pulled for the 50th time. You must truly think the majority of the player base is compromised of gambling nerds to continually expect that you can con us out of another investment because we like Star Wars and turn based games. :/
  • What they basicly do is destroying the classic resistance team; (finn, poe, 3 other res). Especially PvP!

PvP finn-lead will become pretty much useless and not be used in the classic resistance counterteam for specific teams as it could before, for so many years.

Its ridicolous. Not only i want my zeta back but also all the gear from all the heroes i geared up around Finn and Poe.

These changes have p2p such a big effect on the (classic) resistance faction that i can hardly believe they are really pushing this through..

• Add me on the boat of:

The Zeta should be refunded, as it does a totally different thing now, it should be up to me to decide wether I invest in it or not.
  • Do what you have to with Finn to combat an infinite loop, but do the right thing and return the zeta. I only zetad Finn well AFTER C3PO released and BECAUSE of the synergy. CG has never done me wrong before...so this would be a first. And I won’t take it well.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Hey Kyno, any chance you could ask someone at CG to come on and explain why they won’t refund Finn’s zeta? In the interest of open and honest communication.

I can always ask, but isnt what they did in the last paragraph
    7r9r4ar75eea.jpg
  • @Kyno Any chance you can get someone over at CG to update/reply to any of the concerns in this thread? 900 replies later over 4 days and no response from ANYONE at CG is truly pathetic.
  • SmilinStonee
    195 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    So how badly did Finns zeta beat GG? Since GG comp relies on stripping buffs and applying buff immunity, i have yet to see a GG v. Finn Lead from the HypeMakers
  • Gama_Fox wrote: »
    @Kyno Any chance you can get someone over at CG to update/reply to any of the concerns in this thread? 900 replies later over 4 days and no response from ANYONE at CG is truly pathetic.

This
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Honestly I think the way it is worded has triggered many of us. Like they expected pushback and are cutting it off before it starts. This is HORRIBLE customer relations. The info we see, whether it is game related or simply updates should be read and approved by marketing and is proof of why so many companies do not let techs or devs interact with customers. This is not to say it was intended to sound cold, and uncaring, it was no doubt to convey accurately the facts as they were known. But again, honestly if a sales rep talked to me like that, he or she would never get another dime. Seriously, Carrie should be the face and voice as it were given her finesse and manor of conveying such info. Let the devs do what they are hired for. They are technical people, and they operate on a different level of expertise. They are not customer service reps. A company making several billion a year can certainly afford a marketing department that can proof read what is really a press release.

Instead of "We have no intention of..." it should say "after testing we have come to the conclusion a refund of a zeta used on Finn will not need to be given. We will be monitoring his results and reserve the right to alter this decision, should it be warranted."

No hurt or angry feelings would have been started.
    This was not about the sith raid loop and everyone knows it. This was an excuse to nerf a meta killer, while fixing a loop. As has been said many times in this thread and else where, there are many ways to fix this raid and all subsequent ones without breaking Finn. It is insulting to say otherwise. It can't kill Revan but it can take out a GK lead jedi team that no one cares about. Please rethink this or you're going to have the same issue EA did with BF2. Just a bad idea and even worse it how it was communicated. Or show the new Finn _leader_ defeating a _fast_ Revan team then it will all be good.

• DeWannaWonga
    122 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    It’s as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror.... and were completely ignored. Hahaha
  • It’s as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror.... and were completely ignored. Hahaha

Lol, love it
This discussion has been closed.