So... after 2/20 patch, Revan no longer marks Traya first 100% of the time... WAI?

Prev13
This is turning out to be pretty annoying for us non-Revan users in arena... he marked GAT first in my photo:

qh55bqgie8p6.png

Is Revan now 100% RNG on his mark targets? This effectively gives the AI a free RNG-based focus fire nuke on *any* toon now...
SWGoH Ally Code: 988-869-147 GM of [Elite Casual]
May the Force be with you.

Replies

• I’ll say it. Revan needs nerfed
  • xxragnarjsxx
    244 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    This is a disgusting move by CG.
    Forcing money to be spent gearing droids and trying to eliminate other Revan counters?
    Seriously?

So annoying.

Tanky Traya has been a solid counter. And a needed one.

This is just frustrating
  • Ironic. I remember when everyone complained about Traya being targeted lol.
  • lisztophobia
    808 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    DarkLord7 wrote: »
    Ironic. I remember when everyone complained about Traya being targeted lol.
    Then we got Bastila Fallen and built our tactics around the knowledge that Traya would always be marked. Just seems like an old fashioned bait and switch.
    Post edited by lisztophobia on
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    This is a disgusting move by CG.
    Forcing money to be spent gearing droids and trying to eliminate other Revan counters?
    Seriously?

So annoying.

Tanky Traya has been a solid counter. And a needed one.

This is just frustrating

In the span of a few days 2 revan counters have been removed from the game.

But don't worry, you can buy the new droids to solve that problem! Until we decide we don't want that to solve problems anymore that is.

The fonz is putting on his water skis folks
  • This is a great change in my opinion. I ran EP for the longest time after Revan first came and the thing that bugged me most was how Nihulus easy the bullet 100% of 200+ matches.

I just seen this on reddit and ran a test. He targeted Palps first for me and Nihulus was able to get off 2 annihilates rather easily in B mods only.
    It isn't worth tossing a perfectly reliable counter in the trash just to allow you to score one victory against the weakest Revan squad ever.
  • DarkLord7 wrote: »
    Then we got Bastila Fallen and built our tactics around the knowledge that Traya would always be marked. Just seems like an old fashioned bait and switch.

Yeah, this is the annoyance... sacrificing Traya's speed and other stats for tank stats is no longer a smooth path to victory when you can lose any member of your squad to an AI focus-fire that ignores taunt. There is no way any of us can out-speed Revan (if modded properly) at this point, so this is very very very bad.

I noticed I have to play the RNG now that Traya is marked first, and nothing else bad happens to upset that balance, like a second mark leaking out onto GAT (which happens when some Revans are set up with so much speed they have mark back off cooldown before you can Fracture them again).
  • What's the problem?

If he doesn't hit traya it's guaranteed win
  • What's the problem?

If he doesn't hit traya it's guaranteed win

If he doesn't hit Traya, that toon dies from the mass assists that ignore taunt. Fastila and GAT get melted for sure. The only other toon that might survive is maybe Sion. A mark on DN means you are down in the count for annihilate, which makes life messy, especially if it's a proper Revan squad with zGMY throwing foresight up every other move...

• SWGoH Ally Code: 988-869-147 GM of [Elite Casual]
  • And to follow up on the link to the forum post CG made about this, there was a more detailed post by CG in a Reddit thread that pointed out this issue: "We are aware something is going on with Revan’s AI. Thanks for flagging. We are looking into it first thing tomorrow morning."

But at least people around here don't overreact or anything, lol.
  • And to follow up on the link to the forum post CG made about this, there was a more detailed post by CG in a Reddit thread that pointed out this issue: "We are aware something is going on with Revan’s AI. Thanks for flagging. We are looking into it first thing tomorrow morning."

But at least people around here don't overreact or anything, lol.

Don't even get me started about the bolded. :#
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Honestly, that's an improvement,not a bug imo. I rather see it be random since people too easily figure out ways to beat the ai when it does the same thing every time.
  • scootle wrote: »
    DarkLord7 wrote: »

Yeah, this is the annoyance... sacrificing Traya's speed and other stats for tank stats is no longer a smooth path to victory when you can lose any member of your squad to an AI focus-fire that ignores taunt. There is no way any of us can out-speed Revan (if modded properly) at this point, so this is very very very bad.

I noticed I have to play the RNG now that Traya is marked first, and nothing else bad happens to upset that balance, like a second mark leaking out onto GAT (which happens when some Revans are set up with so much speed they have mark back off cooldown before you can Fracture them again).

This ^^

Also,
    Sure it can be beaten with palp Sith, but that’s usually slower revans and always RNG based. Traya always getting marked cause less reliance on RNG and fewer attempts wasted.

And no, I wasn’t one that complained that Traya was always marked. By the time I started using this setup, Traya was always marked and it’s always worked well, regardless of the Revan comp or mods.
    If not rectified today, it’s a low blow by CG to get you to “spend on droids so you don’t have to Revan mirror”

Not that they aren’t going to make enough money off of revan/Malak soon enough anyways
  • yohann269
    375 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    It was not a foolproof 100% victory with Traya getting marked first. There were ways to set up a Revan team to make it difficult. if it was a bug from the beginning than CG could have changed that line of code back in Oct/Nov. But they didn't which means they wanted it to be that way and was WAI. If it wasn't WAI for the past 5 months then we need a bit more of an explanation as to why it went so long without being fixed.
    Post edited by yohann269 on
  • So back to Ewok elder as the 5th 😂😂😂
  • All joking aside to take away another revan counter is total garbage
  • yohann269 wrote: »
    I was not a foolproof 100% victory with Traya getting marked first. There were ways to set up a Revan team to make it difficult. if it was a bug from the beginning than CG could have changed that line of code back in Oct/Nov. But they didn't which means they wanted it to be that way and was WAI. If it wasn't WAI for the past 5 months then we need a bit more of an explanation as to why it went so long without being fixed.

No counter is foolproof. But it was pretty **** close. Every 19/20 battles ending in a win. Regardless of revan speed or Yoda Dps.

I will agree though that if they have now changed to what was always intended, than we still need an explanation. Otherwise it’s just a dirty stunt to force a resource dump on droids, and more spending on whatever meta is next in a few weeks Revan/Malak
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Honestly, that's an improvement,not a bug imo. I rather see it be random since people too easily figure out ways to beat the ai when it does the same thing every time.

this
  • Honestly, that's an improvement,not a bug imo. I rather see it be random since people too easily figure out ways to beat the ai when it does the same thing every time.

When a significant gameplay change occurs like this without a corresponding announcement, players don't know if it's a bug that was introduced or not.

All AI plays based on how it's programmed - and this hard-coding DID make Revan teams more beatable. However, many players have been relying on this to consistently defeat Revan in GA, TW, and Arena. So...regardless of whether it's the correct move to make, I think that those players are owed at least an announcement.

The Revan/Traya matchup is highly impactful in many game modes, and a significant change to it (like the zFinn change) should be communicated in advance so players can know to adjust.

Just my two cents.
  • All joking aside to take away another revan counter is total garbage

This
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    jkray622 wrote: »

All AI plays based on how it's programmed - and this hard-coding DID make Revan teams more beatable.

it also made revan harder to beat when not using the specific strategy developed to take advantage of the programming, lets not forget about that fact.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • 7AnimalMother
    2053 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Honestly, that's an improvement,not a bug imo. I rather see it be random since people too easily figure out ways to beat the ai when it does the same thing every time.

When a significant gameplay change occurs like this without a corresponding announcement, players don't know if it's a bug that was introduced or not.

All AI plays based on how it's programmed - and this hard-coding DID make Revan teams more beatable. However, many players have been relying on this to consistently defeat Revan in GA, TW, and Arena. So...regardless of whether it's the correct move to make, I think that those players are owed at least an announcement.

The Revan/Traya matchup is highly impactful in many game modes, and a significant change to it (like the zFinn change) should be communicated in advance so players can know to adjust.

Just my two cents.

It CAN'T be a bug for the simple fact that no where in Revan's kit does it say "WIll focus Darth Traya if present".

That action was never promised in skill descriptions. That action was never guaranteed.

I'm on board with the communication of a change and all, but I disagree with people calling it a bug.

• xxragnarjsxx
    244 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    It’s not a bug. And likely here to stay.

And if you’re not a tanky Traya user, likely you don’t care or think it better.

And I get that droids need to be effective. That’s their money maker before their next Revan in a few weeks.

But it doesn’t change the fact that it’s a dirty stunt to pull on those that have been using Traya to counter Revan effectively.
    Also screws them from the Revan running if they can’t cintinue to climb to payout as effectively as before.
    It’s still dirty. gb3ih6dgf12w.png
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

Just my two cents.

It CAN'T be a bug for the simple fact that no where in Revan's kit does it say "WIll focus Darth Traya if present".

That action was never promised in skill descriptions. That action was never guaranteed.

I'm on board with the communication of a change and all, but I disagree with people calling it a bug.

That's just sementics though.
    If all of a sudden R2 grants stealth to everyone except for the toon with the lowest h/p, would you call that a bug?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • It CAN'T be a bug for the simple fact that no where in Revan's kit does it say "WIll focus Darth Traya if present".

What is a bug, if not an unintended impact to the game. If nobody intended to make this change to the AI programming, yet it was either implemented (or is the result of another change), then it would be a "bug" per se. No, it isn't listed as a guaranteed requirement of Revan's behavior, but if the Devs didn't intend to make this change, then it's a bug.

So far it's been reported to AnswersHQ, and the QA support is investigating. Given that TopHat said they would investigate Revan's AI this morning, it's possible they didn't intend this change to occur. Perhaps they were testing it internally to see the overall impact, and it accidentally snuck into the final build. It's possible they intend it to be future state (post Darth Revan?), but releasing it yesterday might have an impact to the community they didn't want.
  • leef wrote: »

Just my two cents.

That's just sementics though.
    If all of a sudden R2 grants stealth to everyone except for the toon with the lowest h/p, would you call that a bug?

Nope. I would call it Bad ai, but not a bug.
  • It’s not a bug. And likely here to stay.

And if you’re not a tanky Traya user, likely you don’t care or think it better.

And I get that droids need to be effective. That’s their money maker before their next Revan in a few weeks.

But it doesn’t change the fact that it’s a dirty stunt to pull on those that have been using Traya to counter Revan effectively.
    Also screws them from the Revan running if they can’t cintinue to climb to payout as effectively as before.
    It’s still dirty. gb3ih6dgf12w.png

So they did it intentionally? Wow. So much for Hanlon's razor. Sorry CG - no more benefit of the doubt. Malice confirmed.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*