Sub Commander/Leader

Think the new droideka update is great. And looking forward to seeing Drevan. As a suggestion or potential change to the not so great characters can we add in sub commander/leader ability so that if the leader dies a new ability appears? Just a thought.

Replies

• Sounds great on paper, but interactions will be extremely messed up.

Not to factor in revives, how your leader affects OTHER leader etc.

Say traya lead and traya dies, “sub” leader is nihilus and what suddenly all sith lose all protection?

Also will generate even scarier powercreeps.
  • I can understand what your staying with traya, revan the top end characters, but I believe there is plenty of potential for the team like Imperial troopers/Clone troopers Jawas to maybe boost chances of winning against the big boys with something like a sub leader. It could even rejuvenate someone like chewbacca (the first one to the game). It may not be suited for the squad arena It’s was just a thought. You always get a barrage of abuse when you post controversial stuff like this. I am no IT expert just a normal person playing playing a game who wanted to share a potential idea or something I wouldn’t mind seeing in the game. Just trying to make something better (or worse). Cheers Aplus
  • You seem to be an expert Aplus. Someone who clearly knows what they are talking about. There will be a lot like you who know there stuff. I suppose I am representing the auto community (not all of them, in fact probably none). People who don’t understand (or too lazy to want understand) to mechanics of it all. That’s me. I have got guys in our who understand it all and they are really good. I think from my point of view I am looking for the fun side. I am not trying to sound patronising to anyone I just don’t get it. I tell our guild I have all the gear no idea. I just like playing it. If I was to nominate someone for the ability it would be Amilyn Holdo. That’s only because of how she stepped in during the film as commander before Poe kicked her out. Didn’t last long after though. It would be fun though.
  • imagine killing of revan and then suddenly zeta bastilla lead pops up with everyone gaining 200% undispellable protection up and 150% tenacity. and then jolee revives revan and its over for no matter what team is in the opposition. what you are suggesting is no fun, itll be the opposite of fun once the novelty wears off
  • Haha. Yeah I suppose that don’t sound like fun. It’s also not fun for those guys who don’t have them characters but they have a brilliant squad I.e clone/imperial troopers. I’m not for one minute suggesting any of those characters should get the the sub leader ability. I’m thinking more being able to include more of variety to your team rather than the same old. It sounds like I’m complaining, I’m not and it is a great achievement when you get darth/revan, it’s just what happens then. Your building up the same squads. Everyone is working towards the best leader. No one wants to be second best but tell that to someone like Poe. It’s almost like the second in command gets rage or some giant retaliation comes in on the orders of the sub commander. Stupid suggestion. I’m not suggestion for the high end characters.
  • Hey I like the idea of sub-leader, I mean, leader ability works even the char is not in leader slot.
    We have soo many older character that have a leader skill we rarely or never used..with this we can have some interesting combination and maybe boost of the older char's usage at the very end.

Like Rolo + farmboy, the crazy tenacity boost, or some jedi squad with plo kun to anti stealth..etc.
  • I suppose it leaves food for thought if nothing else. I think there’s plenty of potential and I would maybe have events where you acquire certain abilities, almost like your capturing intel instead of mods. Sub commander/leader is Definitely not for the higher end characters. It’s almost like an unsung hero team. Biggs/wedge veers/stark kylo wren unmasked/general hux??? Ha
  • Coriantum
    44 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Could simply be a 2 step Leader Ability.
    - When equiped in Leader slot
    - When not in Leader slot
    Like they did on I don't remember wich character. (Oh, yes it's Revan :neutral: )
    So they could give some bonus effects to characters who are not used anymore as leader and leave the OP ones with a Leader only Ability.
  • There’s characters who need a boost. I.e clone wars chewbacca. There ability is unique as it’s only activated if let’s say storm trooper Han dies. The team get an enhanced Wookiee boost.

The example I have just joked with is: Qi’ra (Leader) dies. Young Han (sub commander) says “Noooo”. He automatically gains my new suggested made up ability and drafts Tobias Beckett in for 3 turns. He has his own set of unique leader abilities for them 3 turns then dies. It’s a shame for him.
  • I know I am clinging to idea/suggestion of this Sub/Leader or Commander ability. What if you could just keep it simple and add something like lock all current buffs/can’t evade something to that effect. Again for the smaller characters. Love the updates with the clones and genosians and great to hear that the more familiar characters are coming back soon. If anyone likes this idea chick your thoughts in. It would be nice to know if it’s a ridiculous one or do-able.
  • If your not going to use my proposed new ability on qira, shaak ti, darth revan or Malak, I’ve got to say he, wasn’t my first choice to use such a fine prototype ability but I’ll take it with clone wars chewy. He would be perfect with the ability leading the other beast. If he dies, the ability gets passed to vandor or veteran chewy.
  • I think this seriously is my last suggestion on my sub leader ability. Holdo and Old Leia (another made up character). You will need to read the previous post to catch up on my spontaneous thoughts
  • I think I can safely say that you have answered that. Nice work. (In broader terms)

It’s easy for people to criticise what happens behind the scenes but seeing old characters (mainly f2p) characters come good is all I wanted. So I wanted to say thanks.

Drevan is still doing well by the way, nearly a year and a half later, think it’s time to shake things up though now.

If I can warning for posting randomness, then this a definite warning ⚠️ 😜
  • EA_Joz
    4056 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/127295/forum-guidelines

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.