Why is Carth Onasi in Ships Hard Nodes?

Replies

• It's likely, if you've not finished DS Bastilla and Canderous, that you'll need to spend money.

If however, you are starting today on Carth and Juhani, and have finished the other 2, that DS Revan will not cost anywhere near what people paid for LS. Worse case scenario is you need the 50 shard pack for both and a few shipments, provided you start farming at 2/3 refresh a day from today.

People need to get real and stop whining.
  • cynerd wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb you really don't care about f2p players don't you?

I’m all for f2p but you can’t be f2p and expect to have the latest characters at the same time as a p2p.

CG is looking to make money

That's how you kill competitive aspects of games you know. That's why most games keep the p2p as cosmetic or supplementary items not things that affect pvp and competitiveness
  • leef wrote: »
    Intrapidoo wrote: »
    It's true that quite many legendaries came one after the other. However, it's hardly a bad design. There are other problems, for sure, but not this one.
    Unless you want to spend huge amounts on this game, you need to skip 1-2 metas every once in a while and save for the next one. That's what I'm doing.
    If everybody could obtain every top tier toon with relative ease the first time they come around, there would be no point in spending. And spenders keep the game going, after all.

I couldnt even get together 1 meta because by the time you finish one you are alredy behind with 4 unless you are pay 2 win or alredy extremly high gp. Its the worst design if you look at it from the standpoint of someone not at 4million gp. You cant even properly finish an IT squad or something general as that just because its marquee on top marquee followed by legendary after legendary.

1st time chewbacca came in i missed it got him the 2nd time g12 zeta all that, by that time revan alredy destroyed the entire game so no chance to move forward. Than came c3po which i will get for the 2nd time but now darth revan will come so there will be nowhere to go again. Meanwhile try to get the falcon, which is probably the worst farm ever, much worse than veterans could ever be and since i was farming for other legendarys i need to start on farming ls revan still.

Thats the f2p problem currently. People with 30k+ crystals stacked up who say are f2p are full of crap.

That's the thing though isn't it, that there are f2p players with well above 4m GP and players who started playing more recently. It's almost impossible to release an event which is reasonable for all players across the board.
    It is to be expected that they don't want to make it too easy for the 4m+ crowd and that obviously has it's consequenses for the rest of the players.

So GA isn't a reason enough to keep all veteran players on an even playing field?
  • leef wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    It's true that quite many legendaries came one after the other. However, it's hardly a bad design. There are other problems, for sure, but not this one.
    Unless you want to spend huge amounts on this game, you need to skip 1-2 metas every once in a while and save for the next one. That's what I'm doing.
    If everybody could obtain every top tier toon with relative ease the first time they come around, there would be no point in spending. And spenders keep the game going, after all.

I couldnt even get together 1 meta because by the time you finish one you are alredy behind with 4 unless you are pay 2 win or alredy extremly high gp. Its the worst design if you look at it from the standpoint of someone not at 4million gp. You cant even properly finish an IT squad or something general as that just because its marquee on top marquee followed by legendary after legendary.

1st time chewbacca came in i missed it got him the 2nd time g12 zeta all that, by that time revan alredy destroyed the entire game so no chance to move forward. Than came c3po which i will get for the 2nd time but now darth revan will come so there will be nowhere to go again. Meanwhile try to get the falcon, which is probably the worst farm ever, much worse than veterans could ever be and since i was farming for other legendarys i need to start on farming ls revan still.

Thats the f2p problem currently. People with 30k+ crystals stacked up who say are f2p are full of crap.

That's the thing though isn't it, that there are f2p players with well above 4m GP and players who started playing more recently. It's almost impossible to release an event which is reasonable for all players across the board.
    It is to be expected that they don't want to make it too easy for the 4m+ crowd and that obviously has it's consequenses for the rest of the players.

Which is completely fine if you can provide stability for the lower gp players because they are potential spenders. Which they cant, because of how bad the cg team members are. The only thing they would know the need to fire carrie, is if people would stop spending as much as they do and thats sad.

statements like they need to fire carrie are kinda invalidating the point you're trying to make.
    That being said, i think you can do just fine if you're not able to unlock every legendary/journey character right out of the gate. It's not that fun, but neither is 90% of arena using the same character because everyone and their uncle was able to unlock it. So there's that aswell.

Actually that's only the result of power creep and making newer characters always that much stronger than the previous ones. If Revan was easy to beat on defense then 90% of players would be using something else and whatever they are using can also easily be beat by something else and so on. I get it, it's hard to achieve this on game with no skill cap but this situation isn't preferable either
  • I wonder if only emo bastila/canderous and HK will be required for D-Revan, perhaps we will get Malak & another DS character before D.Revan.

Carth/Juhani may have been designed to allow for an old republic squad to go with Mission/Zal/T3 - by giving them a viable leader as Bastila/Jollee are designed around the Jedi squads.

I'm unsure at the moment, at this rate I don't think I'll have Carth in six months with only one hard node fleet farm, hell I'm still only most of the way through emo bastila so Juhani is going to have to wait for her too.
  • My only issue is that Carth is on ship node and only because I believe the difficulty of the farm should represent the quality of the character. Carth is a B tier character at best, more likely a C tier character. He's someone who should be in a store if they didn't completely right them off, or a mid tier Cantina battle. Instead he's in the hardest to farm nodes in the game. Who cares about what you can unlock with him, or what ship he may pilot in the future. His character just isn't very good for where he was placed.
  • Reyalp wrote: »
    It's likely, if you've not finished DS Bastilla and Canderous, that you'll need to spend money.

If however, you are starting today on Carth and Juhani, and have finished the other 2, that DS Revan will not cost anywhere near what people paid for LS. Worse case scenario is you need the 50 shard pack for both and a few shipments, provided you start farming at 2/3 refresh a day from today.

Do the math. You need 280 shards for Carth, assuming you completed the marquee. That means at 2 node refreshesand 3 energy refreshes, it would take you 280/8 = 35 days to complete, all the while spending 375 crystals daily, which is already a steep cost. And do you really think CG will wait a month? No, some shipment purchases will be necessary as well, increasing the crystal cost even further. Plus Juhani, who is cheaper but farmed at the same rate, so shipments are needed as well. That's not only impossible without spending money, that's impossible without spending ridiculous amounts of money. The 50 shard packs won't help all that much.
  • elmarko1234
    165 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Exactly, Juhani needs to get a fleet node and so does Carth need a standard hard node - or one of them go onto Cantina node.

This single node fleet farm is the hardest farm in the entire game, at least nest you can get from galactic bounties/isn't required for unlocks.

I'm very dissapointed - it's so toxic to put in on one hard node fleet.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Reyalp wrote: »
    It's likely, if you've not finished DS Bastilla and Canderous, that you'll need to spend money.

Do the math. You need 280 shards for Carth, assuming you completed the marquee. That means at 2 node refreshesand 3 energy refreshes, it would take you 280/8 = 35 days to complete, all the while spending 375 crystals daily, which is already a steep cost. And do you really think CG will wait a month? No, some shipment purchases will be necessary as well, increasing the crystal cost even further. Plus Juhani, who is cheaper but farmed at the same rate, so shipments are needed as well. That's not only impossible without spending money, that's impossible without spending ridiculous amounts of money. The 50 shard packs won't help all that much.

Load of rubbish. I bet there will be many people circa 50 shards short by the time event drops and the 50 shard pack will be useful. I'm saying this isn't a $300 panic buy - it's $50 over 3 weeks if done correctly. But woe is you.
  • Reyalp wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »

Load of rubbish. I bet there will be many people circa 50 shards short by the time event drops and the 50 shard pack will be useful. I'm saying this isn't a $300 panic buy - it's $50 over 3 weeks if done correctly. But woe is you.

Hey, if you think my calculation is rubbish, provide your own. Even with the pack it takes 230/8 = 29 days to get to 7* from hard node farm only, and assuming similar pattern to LS Revan, we get around two weeks before the event hits plus one week of the event, so, as I said, impossible without shipment purchases.
    But let's break it down even further (assuming three weeks of farming available):
    For Carth, you get 21x8 = 168 shards from farm for 375 crystals daily, so you need to buy additional 62 shards from shipments, that's 62x80 = 4960 extra crystals.
    For Juhani, it's the same except the daily cost is 175 crystals (assuming you can collect 2 node refreshes with only 2 energy refreshes, should be possible on 16e node).
    In total, you need to spend 550 crystals daily plus additional 10k over three weeks in addition to buying the 50 shard pack. Even with reasonable arena placement, that's getting into Vault of crystals territory, which is $100. Of course, stockpiles can reduce the price tag.
    They might be a bit more benevolent and give us more time, but I doubt it.
  • elmarko1234
    165 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Correct, you are looking at around 20k crystals cost for refreshes/shipments - the big hit is from the fleet nodes costing so much per day.
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    250 shards / 21 days = 12 a day.
    375 energy for 3 refreshes per day.

There's 3 ways this can be done:

A) you have saved crystals and can farm hard, or use your accrued daily crystals to farm (easier if you place top 3 in either arena and/or fleet)

B.) you can buy the crystal pack that gives 2800 for £20. That will cover farming Carth at the rate needed above Per week. 375*7= 2625. You'll buy 3 = £60. That's a daily cost of £2.85. this method also leaves another 500 crystals left over after 3 weeks

C) you whale at the end on packs and spend circa £300

Juhani, despite being on a hard node is a 16 cost and easy to farm solely using accrued energy and taking 3 refreshes. So really you need to be making 500 crystals a day to farm both comfortably.

Obviously this only works if you compromise on all other toons for 3 weeks.

Your gripe seems o be it's paywalled. But it is and it isn't to an extent - it depends on your situation. Because I place 1st in arena, I can spare 375 crystals without needing to purchase
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    BlitSnax wrote: »
    It's just been pointed out to me that Carth, and Juhani are LS characters so quite possibly won't be needed on a 'villain's journey' event. Hmmm

Carth has a dark past and Juhani killed her master. Canderous and DS bastilla are obviously more dark, but of the KOTOR toons, carth and Juhani make more sense for a heroes fall than any required for LS Revan.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

A) you have saved crystals and can farm hard, or use your accrued daily crystals to farm (easier if you place top 3 in either arena and/or fleet)

B.) you can buy the crystal pack that gives 2800 for £20. That will cover farming Carth at the rate needed above Per week. 375*7= 2625. You'll buy 3 = £60. That's a daily cost of £2.85. this method also leaves another 500 crystals left over after 3 weeks

Juhani, despite being on a hard node is a 16 cost and easy to farm solely using accrued energy and taking 3 refreshes. So really you need to be making 500 crystals a day to farm both comfortably.

Your gripe seems o be it's paywalled. But it is and it isn't to an extent - it depends on your situation. Because I place 1st in arena, I can spare 375 crystals without needing to purchase

Yeah, you're right about Juhani, I didn't realize we get that much free regular energy. That makes it 450 crystals daily, not 550. But you are forgetting the additional shards that are needed from shipments, 3x8 attempts (what 375 crystals get you for Carth) only give you 8 shards daily on average, not 12, so you have to buy more.
  • youre all gonna waste your crystals for them and when the real needed toons for Darth Revan are coming you'll all be crying cause you'll have spent all your crystals into Juhani and Carth.
    Come on. They are LIGHT SIDE... if there was a villan's journey they would need only DS characters.

Plus adding the fact that legendary events have always been for LS characters, it would be really surprising to see a Darth Side character with a legendary event.
  • Intrapidoo wrote: »

Definitely not full of crap here and I am 100% FTP. I only just missed out on Revan first time round with the really short time we had to farm the characters. I could have got him if I had bought the Mission and T3-M4 packs but staying FTP was far more important me, so I waited and got him second time round. Having learnt from this, I stockpiled the crystals I earned in game, only spending on essential gear upgrades and Badstilla, Canderous, Carth and Juhani shards when they appeared in the store. My crystals stockpile grew to about 48k doing this and having spent a load in the shops for the above, I am currently sitting on 20.8k crystals with Badstilla and Canderous @ 7*, Juhani @ 6* (55/100) and Carth @ 5* (45/85). I am just farming the last 2 now up to the 200 crystal refresh point to finish them up.

So it can be done FTP first time around if you are focussed, choose the right characters to farm and finish high in the arena each day. What also set me back also the first time Revan appeared was my gambling on us needing the scoundrels!

• Aydnie wrote: »
    youre all gonna waste your crystals for them and when the real needed toons for Darth Revan are coming you'll all be crying cause you'll have spent all your crystals into Juhani and Carth.
    Come on. They are LIGHT SIDE... if there was a villan's journey they would need only DS characters.

Plus adding the fact that legendary events have always been for LS characters, it would be really surprising to see a Darth Side character with a legendary event.

1) I wouldn't call investing in Carth as wasted. In fact he's a strong leader for an OR squad and pretty useful for TW/GA.
    2) Juhani and Carth WILL be requirements for Darth Revan
    3) The "Ancient Heroes Journey" event already has it's own requirements not following the old standards (legendary = unlock at 5* and requiring factions; Heroes Journey = unlock at 7* requiring factions aswell as an already existing version of the char - ScavRey --> JTR; Farmboy Luke --> CLS), so it might aswell require 3 DS and 2 LS chars, it's really all about the chars being companions of the new char
    4) It's not going to be a legendary event
    5) With Palp and Thrawn there already have been DS legendaries
    6) Dark Side, not Darth Side
    7) Don't forget to take off the tinfoil hat from time to time
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Nauros wrote: »

Yeah, you're right about Juhani, I didn't realize we get that much free regular energy. That makes it 450 crystals daily, not 550. But you are forgetting the additional shards that are needed from shipments, 3x8 attempts (what 375 crystals get you for Carth) only give you 8 shards daily on average, not 12, so you have to buy more.

As I mentioned before, I've taken 3 refresh and got 10 shards. I Also have 4 more attempts today on the node without a further refresh; and still to collect my extra ship energy later. That potentially is 12 a day...
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »

As I mentioned before, I've taken 3 refresh and got 10 shards. I Also have 4 more attempts today on the node without a further refresh; and still to collect my extra ship energy later. That potentially is 12 a day...

Then you have been lucky. The consensus is that shard drop rate is around 1/3, meaning that on average, you should be getting 8 shards out of 3x8 attempts. Of course, that's just the average rate. There will be good days and bad days, you might get 12 one day and 4 the next.
  • elmarko1234
    165 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Jedibaldy wrote: »

Definitely not full of crap here and I am 100% FTP. I only just missed out on Revan first time round with the really short time we had to farm the characters. I could have got him if I had bought the Mission and T3-M4 packs but staying FTP was far more important me, so I waited and got him second time round. Having learnt from this, I stockpiled the crystals I earned in game, only spending on essential gear upgrades and Badstilla, Canderous, Carth and Juhani shards when they appeared in the store. My crystals stockpile grew to about 48k doing this and having spent a load in the shops for the above, I am currently sitting on 20.8k crystals with Badstilla and Canderous @ 7*, Juhani @ 6* (55/100) and Carth @ 5* (45/85). I am just farming the last 2 now up to the 200 crystal refresh point to finish them up.

So it can be done FTP first time around if you are focussed, choose the right characters to farm and finish high in the arena each day. What also set me back also the first time Revan appeared was my gambling on us needing the scoundrels!
    How many crystals a day did you earn to stockpile 48k crystals?.

Finishing in the top 20 fleet & top 50 arena is already in the top 1% - which nets me 250 PVP crystals and you get about another 90 from the dailys.

so less say 340 a day. So you saved for 141 days at that rate? - which it's only been 121 days since the first Revan release & you've said that you didn't get him first time around (so likely didn't save crystals then) - also you'd have spent crystals on farming canderous/badstila outside of the 48k stockpile.

Something in your figures doesn't really add up, either your a long term vet who can get 1 in area without needing Revan (not really possible on most shards), have stayed 1 in arena for fleet (despite not spending anything on bounty hunter ships for OG falcon - required for top 10 arena most shards).

Staying in the top end of arena & fleet for half a year without spending any crystals isn't really as viable strategy for 99% of the player-base.
  • Corruptor wrote: »
    Lol the fact you guys think they care at all about f2p is hilarious. Just look at sith raid rewards non heroic.

Sith Raid has nothing to do with f2p/p2w at this point. Even at launch, if your guild had the right squads, it could be done. Spenders just had more brute force to make up for the wrong toons.
  • Most expensive farm and drop rates so far have been beyond garbage.
  • Kilo_Ren wrote: »
    Most expensive farm and drop rates so far have been beyond garbage.

YMMV. I got 5/8 and 3/8 last night, and 7/16 this morning, so I'm pretty pleased with the drop rates. I expect they will equalize about 30% like all other drop rates though.
  • iliftalot1 wrote: »
    I understand, but I think it make sense to put Pilots in the Fleet battles rather then non pilots.

Wasnt he a pilot in kotor?
    Because Darth Revan is coming and they don't want to make him easy to get.

Darth revan ?
    Carth and Juhani are both light side. I dont think theyll be requiered if theres a legendary Darth Revan event.
    Also, I believe that no Dark Side character will get a legendary event like Cls/Rjt/Revan actually have.

Not going to farm them at all and I dont know why everyone says they will be requiered. You're just going to waste your time on them.

The story has carth and juhani as playable in the battle with fallen bastila. You can then choose to be good and redeem bastila or be bad and become darth revan again.

Carth quits in the story if you do..... but i dont remember if juhani falls to dark side if you go bad.

Regardless in kotor you could beat the game as darth revan with fallen bastila and hk47 in your party.

Playing loose withe story i could use jedi revan and that team all the way up to a point where you could then get event character darth revan and require fallen bastila, canderous and hk47 in the party.
    youre all gonna waste your crystals for them and when the real needed toons for Darth Revan are coming you'll all be crying cause you'll have spent all your crystals into Juhani and Carth.

1zzgz9.jpg

Seriously though, Juhani and Carth both had dark pasts. They were redeemed and fell on the LS spectrum when they joined, but as with all KOTOR toons, they could 'become' Dark side based on your decisions, and had the best reason to thematically.