GG is complete garbage [MERGE]

Replies

• With the disappointment of the recently reworked Grievous the question remains: is there any team for arena that can defeat this Jedi team dominated by Revan?? Arena is no longer fun ... It's all unbalanced.
    CG, you promised a high damage Grievous, but that's not what we're seeing...
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Just wait a few weeks and the arena will be dominated by Darth Revan. Well, at least the top spots, the rest will be drowning in the sea of Revan for months...
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    @Nikoms565

Honest question, I don't watch many videos, and almost never when they first come out, but they presented a clip provided by CG? Not made by themselves on the test server? Was this stated in the video?

On Ahnald's channel in the video in question, he specifically thanks "EA_Carrie" and having the developers "sit down with him" and explain and teach him about the kit. He also says several times in the video that a GG lead team should "easily be able to defeat a Revan team" based on how the kit was detailed by the developers - and as witnessed by the numerous runs on both defense and offense. Clearly that is not the case.

Where the videos playing in the background came from, he doesn't say. But it's clear that the GG in the videos and the GG we all have are not working the same way. Whether that is CG's attempt to mislead people or bugs in-game that don't, for some reason show up in the video, we'll find out.

Honestly, if your question is intended to suggest that CG can wash their collective hands of the under performance of GG compared to the GG teams in the video, I don't think it matters. CG can't use the Game Changers and Youtube test accounts to promote content - then turn around and weaken the actual in-game content and pin the blame on "third party promotional accounts".

Perception is reality - and the perception by most intelligent people is that CG uses GC and Youtube test account players to promote new content. If they are baiting people into investing resources into content, then switching that content to a lesser content, even if CG can "technically" avoid any legal issues by pawning it off on the GC's (and leaving them out to dry), from a perception stand point, it's CG that is culpable. At least in most intelligent people's minds.

We can agree to disagree, but reality is reality.

I'm just wondering why you would specifically be stating a video made by CG, when no one is saying who made the video. The perception ( and reality) of a video playing in the background of a game changers video, would normally be that it is of thier own making, the intent to promote the game and working with the dev team wouldnt normally change that.

Game play is a different story, I am not disputing what was said is not meeting up with what we are seeing. As I said I never get to watch videos early on and almost go out of my way to avoid any promotion of what is coming, until i can see it first hand or from a less biased source, but that is just me.

Honestly, the source of the video is irrelevant. Primarily because CG provided the GC's with the test accounts for doing exactly that - testing out new content (with changes applied to the account by CG) so really, the only question regarding where the video came from is, whose computer recorded the video? Why is that important?

The fact of the matter is, CG seems to have provided the test accounts with content that was not the same as the content changes they released in game - regardless as to who actually recorded the video.

The source does matter, if the GC had no hand in making the video and it appears as is that is way worse IMO, than if the GC was using a test account that was on a server and should have the same content as was released.

It also lends itself to figuring out where the disconnect was that is causing the differences in game play we are seeing vs the video.

Yeah. Possible a version issue or bug introduced after.

But I will say that after watching the videos last night is that the problem may not be the droids at all. The problem is Revan. The Direct Focus is such a powerful ability that its really game-changing from the first move. RNG decides who gets marked and if its the wrong toon, you just lose.

And since it ignores taunt, I'm not sure how you can design around it. Pretaunt doesn't work.

Makes me think Han with Shoots First may be the best 5th. Or, if the team is meant to be a Revan counter, make them all have a 1 turn damage immunity at start. But getting past the demoralizing marked-death-RNG-open seems to be the root of the issue.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Just wait a few weeks and the arena will be dominated by Darth Revan. Well, at least the top spots, the rest will be drowning in the sea of Revan for months...

That's the problem... only legendary and hero's journey chars will dominate the arena... It seems that the arena is only made for p2w people... They need to balance this.
  • VonZant wrote: »
    Makes me think Han with Shoots First may be the best 5th.

Revan immune to stun.

• HenriqueAA wrote: »
    With the disappointment of the recently reworked Grievous the question remains: is there any team for arena that can defeat this Jedi team dominated by Revan?? Arena is no longer fun ... It's all unbalanced.
    CG, you promised a high damage Grievous, but that's not what we're seeing...

The hero we need, but, don't deserve66pexcy4eul9.jpg

• The source does matter, if the GC had no hand in making the video and it appears as is that is way worse IMO, than if the GC was using a test account that was on a server and should have the same content as was released.

It also lends itself to figuring out where the disconnect was that is causing the differences in game play we are seeing vs the video.[/quote]

@Kyno In the video of Ahnaldt101 showing Grievous' kit reveal, the battles are being fought with a 30 minute timer. Normal arena, as we all are aware, is a 5 minute timer as are other areas of PVP. This must be a test build. Plus, the GC do not have the same test accounts as they did about 4 months ago when the leak came out. Back then, they were able to test out new characters before release. This is not the case any more. Chances are, with these facts in mind, the shown gameplay was at the minimum approved by CG, if not directly from them. The GC are under NDAs and in this video, CG gave Ahnaldt101 exclusivity in showing the kit reveal of GG. I watch his content regularly, as well as other GC, and they all have complained to some extent that they do not have any access any more. Anyhow, I thought I would bring this up.

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    HenriqueAA wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »

That's the problem... only legendary and hero's journey chars will dominate the arena... It seems that the arena is only made for p2w people... They need to balance this.

Those are hardest to get, it makes sense for them to be strong. The problem is that there is currently only one best team with no real competition.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    @Nikoms565

Honest question, I don't watch many videos, and almost never when they first come out, but they presented a clip provided by CG? Not made by themselves on the test server? Was this stated in the video?

On Ahnald's channel in the video in question, he specifically thanks "EA_Carrie" and having the developers "sit down with him" and explain and teach him about the kit. He also says several times in the video that a GG lead team should "easily be able to defeat a Revan team" based on how the kit was detailed by the developers - and as witnessed by the numerous runs on both defense and offense. Clearly that is not the case.

Where the videos playing in the background came from, he doesn't say. But it's clear that the GG in the videos and the GG we all have are not working the same way. Whether that is CG's attempt to mislead people or bugs in-game that don't, for some reason show up in the video, we'll find out.

Honestly, if your question is intended to suggest that CG can wash their collective hands of the under performance of GG compared to the GG teams in the video, I don't think it matters. CG can't use the Game Changers and Youtube test accounts to promote content - then turn around and weaken the actual in-game content and pin the blame on "third party promotional accounts".

Perception is reality - and the perception by most intelligent people is that CG uses GC and Youtube test account players to promote new content. If they are baiting people into investing resources into content, then switching that content to a lesser content, even if CG can "technically" avoid any legal issues by pawning it off on the GC's (and leaving them out to dry), from a perception stand point, it's CG that is culpable. At least in most intelligent people's minds.

I'm just wondering why you would specifically be stating a video made by CG, when no one is saying who made the video. The perception ( and reality) of a video playing in the background of a game changers video, would normally be that it is of thier own making, the intent to promote the game and working with the dev team wouldnt normally change that.

Game play is a different story, I am not disputing what was said is not meeting up with what we are seeing. As I said I never get to watch videos early on and almost go out of my way to avoid any promotion of what is coming, until i can see it first hand or from a less biased source, but that is just me.

Honestly, the source of the video is irrelevant. Primarily because CG provided the GC's with the test accounts for doing exactly that - testing out new content (with changes applied to the account by CG) so really, the only question regarding where the video came from is, whose computer recorded the video? Why is that important?

The fact of the matter is, CG seems to have provided the test accounts with content that was not the same as the content changes they released in game - regardless as to who actually recorded the video.

The source does matter, if the GC had no hand in making the video and it appears as is that is way worse IMO, than if the GC was using a test account that was on a server and should have the same content as was released.

It also lends itself to figuring out where the disconnect was that is causing the differences in game play we are seeing vs the video.

Once again, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Either way CG provided misleading content (either the video itself or the content on the test server not being the same as the content in game) with the intention and full knowledge that it would be promulgated to the masses through the videos.

I do agree that in can be helpful to figure out where the disconnect is - but obviously only CG knows if the "disconnect" is due to bugs or due to intention. And the executive team has never been known for their willingness to be forthcoming - or timely in their communication. As is clearly the case today.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • HenriqueAA wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »

Those are usually the cheapest releases if you plan ahead. I got C3PO and Chewie without spending a dime. Same with the Millenium Falcon. I did spend $100 on Revan, but that’s still 20% of the price of a 7* Droid separatist team.
  • Oh, there is a team that can beat Revan teams consistently and in less than 90sec:
    Finn (L), 3PO, Han, Chewie, R2/RT.

Oh, wait...
  • Simple fix: Introduce a team that has distinct advantages over Revan, but has weaknesses that other existing teams can take advantage of. Presto: Rock/paper/scissors dynamic reestablished.

Could have been GG, but isn't. Unfortunately, if they make it Darth Revan, everyone who whales out to get him will be mightily disappointed that they haven't bought their way to top ranks for the next half-year. So DR will have to be just like JR was: Pretty much unbeatable for a few months.

Maybe CG will break their own vicious cycle someday. Not holding my breath for that to happen.
  • DocDoom wrote: »
    Simple fix: Introduce a team that has distinct advantages over Revan, but has weaknesses that other existing teams can take advantage of. Presto: Rock/paper/scissors dynamic reestablished.

Could have been GG, but isn't. Unfortunately, if they make it Darth Revan, everyone who whales out to get him will be mightily disappointed that they haven't bought their way to top ranks for the next half-year. So DR will have to be just like JR was: Pretty much unbeatable for a few months.

Maybe CG will break their own vicious cycle someday. Not holding my breath for that to happen.

I agree
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    DocDoom wrote: »
    Simple fix: Introduce a team that has distinct advantages over Revan, but has weaknesses that other existing teams can take advantage of. Presto: Rock/paper/scissors dynamic reestablished.

All DR has to do is beat JR consistently and hold reasonably on defense, it doesn't matter much if it gets beaten by CLS on def since CLS is pretty easy to dismantle with any good team. The only real fail would be if he turned out to be worse leader than Traya, but I don't think it will be the case.
  • I don’t understand why it was so hard releasing a decent team that would destroy Revan easily at decent gear?...(G12 on GG G11 for the rest) that’s all people wanted, and CG would have made a boatload of money with a happy customer base.
    Instead we get this garbage that people paid for and feel cheated on. Even if it beat no other team, people just want a Revan killer for GA/TW and are willing to pay for it. Anyway that’s what was advertised, but not what we got.
  • This rework is disappointing, underwhelming, and misleading. It’s a cold hard slap in the face to the loyal long time players who have willingly farmed our “fan-favorite” Grievous while knowing that he was horrible, but holding on to that simmer of hope that he’ll get a more than half-decent rework one day. (We want our guild store tokens back!) Shame on you CG for showing us fixed footage of mod-less Revan teams to show off your lame “rework” and false damage outputs and scamming us into spending our omegas, zetas and gear into these horrible separatist characters. You said he was going to be a Jedi killer in the posts! You straight up lied to us. You hyped him up to us and we fell for it. What a dirty, immoral, and sick business “tactic” you pulled on us! You’ve utterly **** me and many of my guild mates off and so many are ready to quit. We’re burnt out using Revan vs Revan in the arena. We wanted a Rock/Paper/Scossors counter and you haven’t given it to us. This game got more stale than bantha poodoo real fast! We’re bored in the arena. I’ve been waiting since day one to get a Droideka and GG rework and now I have nothing to look forward to in this game other than mid-riff Padme and dark side Anakin. It’s too bad my droids couldn’t have a spotlight for a few months.
  • Yet you and I will be here tomorrow playing this game because we love Star Wars, it’s a deal with the devil himself when it comes to EA and Star Wars.
  • If its truly that bad I feel for you all. I'm glad I didn't touch any of my separatist toons.
  • Maybe you guys should try running Jawa Engineer
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    @Nikoms565

Once again, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Either way CG provided misleading content (either the video itself or the content on the test server not being the same as the content in game) with the intention and full knowledge that it would be promulgated to the masses through the videos.

I do agree that in can be helpful to figure out where the disconnect is - but obviously only CG knows if the "disconnect" is due to bugs or due to intention. And the executive team has never been known for their willingness to be forthcoming - or timely in their communication. As is clearly the case today.

That again is a broad assumption, them providing it meaning they made it and handed it to them is different then a build that could have an issue in it and being shared.

One implies an intent to mislead, the other is misleading without intent. I know many wont care about that distinction but there is a difference.

Kyno In the video of Ahnaldt101 showing Grievous' kit reveal, the battles are being fought with a 30 minute timer. Normal arena, as we all are aware, is a 5 minute timer as are other areas of PVP. This must be a test build. Plus, the GC do not have the same test accounts as they did about 4 months ago when the leak came out. Back then, they were able to test out new characters before release. This is not the case any more. Chances are, with these facts in mind, the shown gameplay was at the minimum approved by CG, if not directly from them. The GC are under NDAs and in this video, CG gave Ahnaldt101 exclusivity in showing the kit reveal of GG. I watch his content regularly, as well as other GC, and they all have complained to some extent that they do not have any access any more. Anyhow, I thought I would bring this up.

[/quote]

Yes test account, I'm not disputing that.

The statement was that CG made the content, making sound like they just handed it out with a bow on it. I'm just trying to get clarification, as statements are being made that seem to imply an intent that may not be there.
  • If you are burnt out of using Revan vs Revan you can switch to something else or do you prefer somebody else acting like a tool and doing it.
    No matter what meta is in an arena this is how things are going to be. Everybody and his/her/it dog will switch to that meta and it will be same thing. Meta team gives everyone the best chance for highest reward and nobody will take Phoenix team and try to earn it as doing that would be waste of time.
  • The footage the gamechangers showed was provided by CG. This is not a question, this is a fact. The gamechangers don't have test accounts like they used to, to where they could play around with the characters early and provide their own footage.

This is not up for "agree to disagree." This is a fact. The only footage you'll see the GCs provide is the current footage with them showing this rework isn't doing well.

But the footage we all got hyped on was in fact filmed and provided by CG.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • :D:D:D
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    I couldn’t agree more. It worries me that CG decided to meet a deadline versus delaying and polishing this poop. Very Jango-esk, but worse! Oh well, us whales still gotta whale. :pB)
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • This is 100% true
    This rework is disappointing, underwhelming, and misleading. It’s a cold hard slap in the face to the loyal long time players who have willingly farmed our “fan-favorite” Grievous while knowing that he was horrible, but holding on to that simmer of hope that he’ll get a more than half-decent rework one day. (We want our guild store tokens back!) Shame on you CG for showing us fixed footage of mod-less Revan teams to show off your lame “rework” and false damage outputs and scamming us into spending our omegas, zetas and gear into these horrible separatist characters. You said he was going to be a Jedi killer in the posts! You straight up lied to us. You hyped him up to us and we fell for it. What a dirty, immoral, and sick business “tactic” you pulled on us! You’ve utterly **** me and many of my guild mates off and so many are ready to quit. We’re burnt out using Revan vs Revan in the arena. We wanted a Rock/Paper/Scossors counter and you haven’t given it to us. This game got more stale than bantha poodoo real fast! We’re bored in the arena. I’ve been waiting since day one to get a Droideka and GG rework and now I have nothing to look forward to in this game other than mid-riff Padme and dark side Anakin. It’s too bad my droids couldn’t have a spotlight for a few months.

• mlb1399
    674 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Maybe CG likes no arena diversity and the major amount of fun it is to go through constant foresight, taunts and revives for 3 minutes.

Maybe their next game will incorporate watching grass grow. And not the kind you put in your pipe
  • mlb1399 wrote: »
    Maybe CG likes no arena diversity and the major amount of fun to go through constant foresight, taunts and revives.

Maybe their next game will incorporate watching grass grow. And not the kind you put in your pipe

You don't think nothing but the exact same revan team with bastilla, johlee, gk, and gmy for literally every team in the top 50 is deverse enough? Some have 110k combined power, some only 109k! Its super diverse! And whats more fun than attacking the team the exact same way, every single time in order to secure a win?

Y'all don't know what fun is...
  • There are still a few nightsister and scoundrel teams hanging around... like 1 for every 50 revans..... diversity I tells you.

I really wanted the Rock, paper, scissor arena. Oh well.