GG is complete garbage [MERGE]

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    The footage the gamechangers showed was provided by CG. This is not a question, this is a fact. The gamechangers don't have test accounts like they used to, to where they could play around with the characters early and provide their own footage.

This is not up for "agree to disagree." This is a fact. The only footage you'll see the GCs provide is the current footage with them showing this rework isn't doing well.

But the footage we all got hyped on was in fact filmed and provided by CG.

That's all I was asking, if someone stated this, so they stated they dont have access to the test accounts?

Last I heard it was given back a little while ago.
  • I thought the gamechangers had their test accounts taken away a few months ago. They are not making these test videos anymore. It is provided by CG given to the gamechangers.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    The footage the gamechangers showed was provided by CG. This is not a question, this is a fact. The gamechangers don't have test accounts like they used to, to where they could play around with the characters early and provide their own footage.

This is not up for "agree to disagree." This is a fact. The only footage you'll see the GCs provide is the current footage with them showing this rework isn't doing well.

That's all I was asking, if someone stated this, so they stated they dont have access to the test accounts?

I was watching Ahnoldt stream yesterday. He said that they were given test accounts back, but they were greatly changed and not as useful.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Droideka wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

I was watching Ahnoldt stream yesterday. He said that they were given test accounts back, but they were greatly changed and not as useful.

Yes the first part of that was my understanding, I didnt hear anything about the usefulness.

The source does matter, if the GC had no hand in making the video and it appears as is that is way worse IMO, than if the GC was using a test account that was on a server and should have the same content as was released.

It also lends itself to figuring out where the disconnect was that is causing the differences in game play we are seeing vs the video.

@Kyno -- in a reddit thread about the zzzGamGuard leak, CubsFanHan indicated that the footage was provided by CG.

The source does matter, if the GC had no hand in making the video and it appears as is that is way worse IMO, than if the GC was using a test account that was on a server and should have the same content as was released.

It also lends itself to figuring out where the disconnect was that is causing the differences in game play we are seeing vs the video.

@Kyno -- in a reddit thread about the zzzGamGuard leak, CubsFanHan indicated that the footage was provided by CG.

He's just trying to deflect since there's no excuse. I don't know what vids exactly have it but multiple game changers have mentioned how the video was provided by CG
  • ...we are waiting for a solution CG!
  • Oh but don't worry they want you to spend money on the next great toon after this lie was spread.

Not a way to build trust.
  • OP is right. I have put everything I have the past month into these droids, and for what? Mediocrity.
    Droideka wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Yes the first part of that was my understanding, I didnt hear anything about the usefulness.
    Listening to it again, it appears they reverted it to an earlier version where they had less control over the other teams that they face. MobileGamer said that he did test out Grievous on his test account and was easily beating Revans, but the Revans he was facing had terrible mods and there was no way he could change that to get an accurate representation of the matchup.
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    "Slap in the face", really? You're being dramatic.

Who really expected droids to be meta defining? No one but GG fan boys. They are now a viable faction and will have their uses.

Numerous times in the "promotional" video about the rework, it is stated that "GG lead teams will be able to beat Revan teams fairly easily". That isn't anywhere close to being accurate. They are not viable anywhere - they lose to CLS, NS, Revan and virtually every other meta team. That's why people are frustrated and feel like they have been mislead. Because they have been.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Violator1984
    19 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    If things don’t change I’m calling the Apple Store to get a refund. I’ve spent a ton of money on this game and have felt mislead about a few toons before but this was over the top. I’ve never complained or tried to get a refund. But if this group of toons doesn’t improve, I’ll be getting a refund.
  • 6l3phmrqtrmb.gif

To be fair, to lie, CG would actually have to say or post something. Their communication since last night has been zero...which is par for the course for them.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Austin9370 wrote: »

Who really expected droids to be meta defining? No one but GG fan boys. They are now a viable faction and will have their uses.

Numerous times in the "promotional" video about the rework, it is stated that "GG lead teams will be able to beat Revan teams fairly easily". That isn't anywhere close to being accurate. They are not viable anywhere - they lose to CLS, NS, Revan and virtually every other meta team. That's why people are frustrated and feel like they have been mislead. Because they have been.

A reserve judgement until the dust settles. It usually takes a minute to get the optimal team together. I still think there is hope.

Rebellions are built on hope.

And a stock pile of torches and pitchforks. In 3+ years of waiting for responses, I've had plenty of time to sharpen mine. ;)

• Nauros wrote: »
    Just wait a few weeks and the arena will be dominated by Darth Revan. Well, at least the top spots, the rest will be drowning in the sea of Revan for months...

Oh yeah?

Wait until neutral revan comes out in 6-7 months.

The arena will be dominated by trio revans. Neutral, darth and jedi under neutral leadership.

The rest will be drowning in the sea of Darth revan for months until..... non-binary Revan appears making quadruple revans the ultimate counter to trio Revans.

Maybe we'll get a 5th revan to completely counter the quadruple revan meta.
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Austin9370 wrote: »

A reserve judgement until the dust settles. It usually takes a minute to get the optimal team together. I still think there is hope.

I wish I could share your sentiment... and just so you know, the optimal team was the one we saw in the videos CG gave to the game changers. They showcased Grievous, B1, B2, Droideka, and magnaguard besting revan teams, and even said they were “Jedi killers.” But when we use those same 5 characters ourselves, we don’t get the same result, not even close. The devs straight up lied to us, like the money hungry **** they are.

In addition, most don't have these characters properly upgraded and / or molded optimally. There potential is still a work in progress.

So how much did you spend on this team?
  • Violator1984
    19 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    zhzx5eeb9onv.jpeg

At least garbage gets taken to a landfill. Trash goes into a can than taken out to a curb.
  • GG is kneeling, because that 4 year old with no legs in a hoodie just beat his entire droid team in arena....in 48 seconds.

• Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    @Nikoms565

Quote from Warrior one of the game changers:

"Actually it was played by Mage ducky who works for them and actually knows the game better than almost anyone in the world.. so there's reasons why he did everything"

That was about the vid that the GC's received showing GG beating everything on defence and offence.

I got this comment after I was like "man whoever did this vid played NS terribly, plague counters B1 yet they chose to use BASICS on Talzin instead of it" To which he replied that.

Most likely Mage Ducky removed mods from everyone but GG's squad, had a maxed GG's squad fully modded to show off how "good GG is"

Stuff that Mcmole used to do before he was removed as a GC, this new guy is better at shilling ;D
  • Violator1984
    19 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Z
  • Violator1984
    19 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    -
  • Violator1984
    19 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Z
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    6l3phmrqtrmb.gif

To be fair, to lie, CG would actually have to say or post something. Their communication since last night has been zero...which is par for the course for them.

So passing along a misleading video for game changers to push isn’t deceptive? Really?? You probably got a wall you want to sell me too.