[MEGA] General Grievous’ Leadership and Damage Clarifications

Replies

• “Professional driver on closed course; DO NOT ATTEMPT.”
  • I think you did a great job CG, This is a truly great team.
  • "GG I hope will exceed expectations" dont make me laugh. I guess expectations were higher than your hopes CG... The people love GG.
  • I think you did a great job CG, This is a truly great team.

Yes, if you can’t solo traya in hsr phase 4 with grievous, you obviously know nothing about raids.
  • CG promises a revan killer and that turned out to be a lie but on the same day they make the remaining old republic toons farmable. Looks like we know what the next meta is. Clear case of false advertising here in hopes that we burned through our resources just in time for the next hot toon. Wish I had all my zetas and gear and crystals back. Not impressed 1/10 would not recommend
  • Drim
    359 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    I want to see a new video from Devs with mods from both teams and gear live streamed.
  • All the people hopping on the Grevious bandwagon. You guys should have waited for forums to check arena viability
  • I noticed if Grievous is in the battle, B1 will be destroyed by his unique, even if the stacks expires. Plus, if the MagnaGuard also reaches 1 Health by Grievous’ unique, it could trigger its unique before defeated.
  • SixTwoFour wrote: »
    I'm sorry this post is not telling the truth. I have G12+ GG 65k health with all 6e Health Mods and Health Primaries and I cant replicate those numbers against Revan teams unless GG is on his own with 4 dead droid bodies. And to those saying at least you got a TW team - you definitely don't have a defensive team that's for sure. Also how patronising does CG want to be explaining mod management to us.

This there are alot if players with max droids having the same issue.
  • Jtn2t wrote: »
    I noticed if Grievous is in the battle, B1 will be destroyed by his unique, even if the stacks expires. Plus, if the MagnaGuard also reaches 1 Health by Grievous’ unique, it could trigger its unique before defeated.
    It is made worse because Magnaguard will give Grievous speed up, which will hurt B1 even more.
  • ctyc123 wrote: »
    All the people hopping on the Grevious bandwagon. You guys should have waited for forums to check arena viability

Just to be clear - not everyone calling out CG for misleading everyone with promotional videos "hopped on the Grevious bandwagon". Some of us just take exception to being lied to.

Those of us who have seen this particular team of CG execs operate for the past 18+ months, and new better, were smart enough to keep our zetas, crystals and credit cards out of the race until we knew what our horse really looked like in action. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • 7h2zb4dbajdy.jpeg

CapitolSCAMS.R.Us
    General Grievous is only doing damage based on 20% of his max health not full max health. No wonder his damage is so crap. They don’t even clarify this in his kit. All we’re told is “General Grievous does damage based on his max health” what is should say is “General Grievous does damage based on 20% of his max health”. Complete trash CG. Especially with the pricing on the new packs. You’ve lost a customer, that’s for **** sure.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    SiFuLee wrote: »
    Revan just got alot better on defense, these droids don't stand a chance even at 7* fully geared/modded

"Fixed a bug where Jedi Knight Revan's "Direct Focus" would not properly target units without Taunt, Marked, or Damage Immunity."

Again what was the point of this rework?????

Still better than before

I just figured after a little forum spat and ahnald amazing diss video that rework was changed at last second from amazing to meh as retaliation against ahnald....

This whole thing could be one big troll from the top... teach us all not to mess with da bosses of the 5 families.. they literally whacked ahnalds spirit luca brozi style... they let him in offered a drink settled differences.... then. Bam sleepin with fishes
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Phoenixis wrote: »
    7h2zb4dbajdy.jpeg

CapitolSCAMS.R.Us
    General Grievous is only doing damage based on 20% of his max health not full max health. No wonder his damage is so crap. They don’t even clarify this in his kit. All we’re told is “General Grievous does damage based on his max health” what is should say is “General Grievous does damage based on 20% of his max health”. Complete trash CG. Especially with the pricing on the new packs. You’ve lost a customer, that’s for **** sure.

from what people are saying the new packs (the droideka ones) are actually cheaper to get the character.

i'm not sure how what they said is any different than what you wanted them to say, it is based on his max health, how much is a matter of game balance, but is no way false or misleading (on this point)
  • Well, at least you came out and told us it was terrible on purpose... a little honesty here and there is a good start! Keep it up for another 3 years and you’ll break even.
  • Is this an out of season April Fool's joke?
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    ctyc123 wrote: »
    All the people hopping on the Grevious bandwagon. You guys should have waited for forums to check arena viability

Just to be clear - not everyone calling out CG for misleading everyone with promotional videos "hopped on the Grevious bandwagon". Some of us just take exception to being lied to.

Those of us who have seen this particular team of CG execs operate for the past 18+ months, and new better, were smart enough to keep our zetas, crystals and credit cards out of the race until we knew what our horse really looked like in action. ;)

This. I've invested literally nothing into the new droids because
    A. I knew from the "gameplay" videos they were going to suck (they had to use an EP L with no Traya just to beat Sith)
    B. I knew this entire thing was a smokescreen to drain people's gear, zetas, etc because they're going to drop the new Sith (probably DS Revan) next month (at the latest).

CG has showed their hand time and time again, for years now. Take the most money sucking rushed product you can think of, and that's what they're going to do. I've adapted, so I'm still having a lot of fun playing SWGOH.

However, I still get mad when they pull stuff like this because I have arena-mates and guild-mates who LOVE to theorycraft and play with different non-meta teams, and to see them so hopeful and excited, then get screwed hard where the sun don't shine makes me sad/mad. Also, despite all evidence to the contrary, I still have hope the devs actually care about us, and want us to enjoy playing SWGOH.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Thanks for clarification post.

Rework seems solid to me and team CAN beat Revan. But the problem with the rework is not GG. Its Revan.

Direct Focus at Revan's speed is an RNG death sentence if it hits the wrong character on ANY team. Not just GG. So, that is the issue IMHO. No matter how good GG rework is, the fact that your battle can essentially be over after the first move probably adds to the frustration.

I would guess a 1 turn Damage Immunity on all toons at the start of battle would make GG a true Revan counter but he would still fall to other teams. Punishes speed, syncs with DD, etc.

IMHO of course.
  • Oh, I get it. So you’re saying GG still sucks. Nicely done, CG! Nicely done! The separatist Droids hit like noodles and aren’t fun to play with. I was trying soooo hard to enjoy the rework. But I don’t. No worries. Just guess I’ll wait for something else to come along to invest my resources.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    7h2zb4dbajdy.jpeg

CapitolSCAMS.R.Us

from what people are saying the new packs (the droideka ones) are actually cheaper to get the character.

i'm not sure how what they said is any different than what you wanted them to say, it is based on his max health, how much is a matter of game balance, but is no way false or misleading (on this point)

because CG said they would give you a whole chocolate bar, and then only have you 20% of one. pretty easy to see how it's misleading
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    7h2zb4dbajdy.jpeg

CapitolSCAMS.R.Us

because CG said they would give you a whole chocolate bar, and then only have you 20% of one. pretty easy to see how it's misleading

at no point did they say they would give you " a whole" or "100%" or anything to imply it was in any way based on his whole health.

to follow the line you gave, it would be like them saying they will give you a chocolate desert and giving you 20% of a hershey bar.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    7h2zb4dbajdy.jpeg

CapitolSCAMS.R.Us

at no point did they say they would give you " a whole" or "100%" or anything to imply it was in any way based on his whole health.

to follow the line you gave, it would be like them saying they will give you a chocolate desert and giving you 20% of a hershey bar.

Raymond agrees
    fe6zn3j64g3f.jpeg
  • CG, you need to refund the zetas spent on GG
  • I am deeply disappointed with this rework, I invested time, money and zetas on this team thinking I could use it in the arena and it is ridiculous. The videos that your team posted on YouTube are far from the reality of this team. I feel cheated by EA ...
  • Kyno wrote: »
    7h2zb4dbajdy.jpeg

CapitolSCAMS.R.Us

what?

if you base something off of its "max" health that means it's MAX health. So if GG has 60k health then his ability is based on 60k, not 12k (20% of that).

of course he hits like a wet noodle
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    7h2zb4dbajdy.jpeg

CapitolSCAMS.R.Us

what?

if you base something off of its "max" health that means it's MAX health. So if GG has 60k health then his ability is based on 60k, not 12k (20% of that).

of course he hits like a wet noodle

Pretty sure the math questions i took in my SAT’s 30 yrs ag disagree i would have gotten a 1600 if not fer the maths sectstions

The word based.... the word based the word BASED
  • @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Carrie

GG mod recommendations are CD and Health. According to your post it should be 3 health sets instead, yes? Thank you.
  • Where is the request button to get my zeta's back from these horrible characters???? To say I'm disappointed is an understatement! I seriously want a Mulligan on the gear and zeta's I just put into these trash droids!