[MEGA] General Grievous’ Leadership and Damage Clarifications

Replies

• SmilinStonee
    195 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Pretty sure what hoberfinkle is trying to say that advertisement failed to mention the 20% part. That "based" was too vague of a description, not detailed enough in the kit.

**spelling Edit.
  • Lol just like the Separatists were pawns in Palpatine’s scheme, they’re pawns again in CG’s scheme for your $$$. 😂
  • Not based on his Max health.... the text is misleading. It's based on part of his max health.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    Phoenixis wrote: »
    7h2zb4dbajdy.jpeg

CapitolSCAMS.R.Us
    General Grievous is only doing damage based on 20% of his max health not full max health. No wonder his damage is so crap. They don’t even clarify this in his kit. All we’re told is “General Grievous does damage based on his max health” what is should say is “General Grievous does damage based on 20% of his max health”. Complete trash CG. Especially with the pricing on the new packs. You’ve lost a customer, that’s for **** sure.

from what people are saying the new packs (the droideka ones) are actually cheaper to get the character.

i'm not sure how what they said is any different than what you wanted them to say, it is based on his max health, how much is a matter of game balance, but is no way false or misleading (on this point)

because CG said they would give you a whole chocolate bar, and then only have you 20% of one. pretty easy to see how it's misleading

at no point did they say they would give you " a whole" or "100%" or anything to imply it was in any way based on his whole health.

to follow the line you gave, it would be like them saying they will give you a chocolate desert and giving you 20% of a hershey bar.

what?

if you base something off of its "max" health that means it's MAX health. So if GG has 60k health then his ability is based on 60k, not 12k (20% of that).

of course he hits like a wet noodle

"Max health" is a point, a value that it is based on. that does not suggest or imply that it is based on 100% of the that value.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Phoenixis wrote: »
    7h2zb4dbajdy.jpeg

CapitolSCAMS.R.Us
    General Grievous is only doing damage based on 20% of his max health not full max health. No wonder his damage is so crap. They don’t even clarify this in his kit. All we’re told is “General Grievous does damage based on his max health” what is should say is “General Grievous does damage based on 20% of his max health”. Complete trash CG. Especially with the pricing on the new packs. You’ve lost a customer, that’s for **** sure.

from what people are saying the new packs (the droideka ones) are actually cheaper to get the character.

i'm not sure how what they said is any different than what you wanted them to say, it is based on his max health, how much is a matter of game balance, but is no way false or misleading (on this point)

because CG said they would give you a whole chocolate bar, and then only have you 20% of one. pretty easy to see how it's misleading

at no point did they say they would give you " a whole" or "100%" or anything to imply it was in any way based on his whole health.

to follow the line you gave, it would be like them saying they will give you a chocolate desert and giving you 20% of a hershey bar.

what?

if you base something off of its "max" health that means it's MAX health. So if GG has 60k health then his ability is based on 60k, not 12k (20% of that).

of course he hits like a wet noodle

"Max health" is a point, a value that it is based on. that does not suggest or imply that it is based on 100% of the that value.

3ap7aodgfrse.jpeg
  • jayjonbeach
    697 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    This comment under the video AhnaldT101 posted today has over 100 likes (incl. 1 from Ahnald) and seems to be the general consensus among players who have the team fully geared, zetad etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa4oICq0q0s[url="http://"][/url]

B1 “Battalion” feels more like B1 “Platoon” down to under 60 stacks before he can even take a turn. Grievous hits like a wet noodle but most people won’t know that because he gets eliminated before he can even take a turn. Droideka needs undispellable damage immunity other wise he is just slow and useless Magnaguard is a completely useless character and the worst rework of all. B2 is the only decent character but should probably still hit a bit harder.
  • Well....they could have just given them new helmets instead I guess..... Oh wait they've done that before...
  • Everyone here has a right to be angry. Take a facction everyone wanted to be good, put out a misleading video, have everyone trying to gear one of the most difficult factions to gear up, then find out they are nearly useless. I only put 1 zeta on so far but when they struggle at g11 in crappy GW matchups I feel like I've had it broke off in me.

CG, you wont get more money from me. I was ready to pay to finish gearing this team because they looked fun and interesting but the kids no point for a team that is a C-D grade squad at best.
  • To be fair, they wouldn't need to make a whole forum post clarifying how GG's damage works and everything if they had just said "20% of his max health" from the beginning or even put it in the description of his kit. I know they said "based" and that confused me for a while, but after seeing the test footage I assumed that they must have really meant max health = damage dealt. Some up-front clarification about what "based on" means or, again, a stipulation in his kit to clarify, would have gone a long way to avoid people feeling misled when his damage output was more lackluster in practice.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Everyone here has a right to be angry. Take a facction everyone wanted to be good, put out a misleading video, have everyone trying to gear one of the most difficult factions to gear up, then find out they are nearly useless. I only put 1 zeta on so far but when they struggle at g11 in crappy GW matchups I feel like I've had it broke off in me.

CG, you wont get more money from me. I was ready to pay to finish gearing this team because they looked fun and interesting but the kids no point for a team that is a C-D grade squad at best.

Who cares about g11.... gg health goes up like 25k at g12 for the low low price of 160 purple medpacks

Asumming perfecto drop rate thats only 80 HSTR raids

For that sweet sweet 20% 5k damage..... lolz 160
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hi Holotable Heroes,

There has been some confusion around the rework of General Grievous and several posts concerned that the damage Grievous can deal is less than what has been shown to be possible in the footage we provided for preview videos.

What this has revealed to us is that we need to give more information and be clearer about character intent. While we generally avoid it, because we don’t want to be prescriptive, and because quite honestly, we are fearful of posting something that is wrong later, or can be beaten another way - understanding our intentions will help you all make decisions about how to use these characters as you see fit. We will work to formalize this kind of post moving forward.

Two key parts of the kit to keep in mind:
    • His Basic Attack, Furious Assault, deals damage based on his Max Health
    • His Unique, Metalloid Monstrosity, increases his max health each turn

This means General Grievous' should be solely modded for health if you are looking to maximize damage. With max gear, max abilities, and 6 dot mods (3 Health sets, 2 Health primaries, and 1 Critical Damage primary), the Grievous in the sample footage had around 65,000 health. This is not the usual modding strategy for attackers which traditionally care about Speed and Damage, and may seem counterintuitive to people first picking up the kit. Additionally, when looking at the damage in the footage, keep in mind that Grievous' unique, "Metalloid Monstrosity", increases his Max Health throughout the fight. As such, Grievous' damage will look different at the start of a battle compared with the end of the battle.

We have also seen reports that General Grievous’ Leadership, Daunting Presence, is not decreasing the enemy team’s armor but we didn’t find any issues during our investigation and given the damage variance of all attacks and the way armor is calculated, many characters, such as B1, already have enough defensive penetration naturally to overcome the damage mitigation from armor without any assistance.

As for Grievous' -50% Defense on his Leadership specifically, it won’t have a noticeable impact on targets with low armor. In general, this is very difficult to detect the impact of armor penetration as most PvP and PvE units have little armor to mitigate. However, you can test this with units that have a large amount of armor like the Heroic Sith Triumvirate Raid version of Sion or against player-obtainable Sith Trooper, Stormtrooper, and CT-5555 "Fives" in order to see a more observable difference.

Hopefully this clarifies some things, as always keep providing your feedback. We have addressed several of the issues that came up yesterday in today’s hotfix, and will continue to monitor and make any appropriate changes.

<<ORIGINAL POST>>

Congrats on taking GG from useless to irrelevant. He wont even make a decent TW or GA squad. What a big pile of "meh"
  • 5k0eak089xvk.gif

Actual footage of the separatist droid rework....yeah I went there. This is what you have brought me to CG! I'm using gifs from attack of the clones! I HATE SAND! IT'S COARSE AND IT GETS EVERYWHERE!

LOOK UPON YOUR WORK CG!
  • KwikShotaAce
    215 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    I want my zeta refunded that i put on grievous. I'm glad I saved my 2nd zeta I had ready. Where can we request refunds? I'm super ticked. I was ready to drop money on this too. Ridiculous. Beyond ridiculous.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited February 2019
    To be fair, they wouldn't need to make a whole forum post clarifying how GG's damage works and everything if they had just said "20% of his max health" from the beginning or even put it in the description of his kit. I know they said "based" and that confused me for a while, but after seeing the test footage I assumed that they must have really meant max health = damage dealt. Some up-front clarification about what "based on" means or, again, a stipulation in his kit to clarify, would have gone a long way to avoid people feeling misled when his damage output was more lackluster in practice.

b4ia2v3c6wix.png

The term" based on" means they use that as a base for the calculation.

take the example of rent. the price is based on 2 people sharing the room. meaning you take the base price and divide it by 2, getting what you should pay.

if this was as other have expressed, the price being based on 2 people sharing the same space would be to pay double rent for 2 people sharing the same space.
    his damage is based on his max health, you take his max health and multiply by 20% to get the damage. this % could have been anything and is likely picked to keep a balance to his damage as his health stacks, but also giving decent damage if you max him out for health in every way.
  • AKAren
    40 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Omg. We get it. It’s based on max health.
    The point is they should have defined it. It was poor form to not give us that detail.

I was skeptical because of the wording, but I incorrectly assumed it wouldn’t be as low as 20%. It’s just terrible, especially considering how much they kept showing that he was capable of producing.

That’s the new argument going forward.

Carry on.
  • AKAren wrote: »
    Omg. We get it. It’s based on max health.
    The point is they should have defined it. It was poor form to not give us that detail.

I was skeptical because of the wording, but I incorrectly assumed it wouldn’t be 20%. It’s just terrible.

That’s the new argument going forward.

Carry on.

Chewie has the same statement, and his isn’t 100% heath. I’m not sure why you would assume that. There are very few abilities that are 100% offense. Everything has a modifier.
  • The most disappointing thing to me is, pre grievous rework night, but after b1/b2, grievous b1 b2 asajj bb8 did great. After the rework, they fell apart so fast due to the unique damage on b1.

So, if you wouldn't have reworked him, the squad would be better. The squad won before thanks to staying power and asajj being a great character. Now it loses. Aren't reworks supposed to help characters?

Mind blowingly bad. I hope you find something else not working as intended a la bastila release, or be ready for more disappointed people like me.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    To be fair, they wouldn't need to make a whole forum post clarifying how GG's damage works and everything if they had just said "20% of his max health" from the beginning or even put it in the description of his kit. I know they said "based" and that confused me for a while, but after seeing the test footage I assumed that they must have really meant max health = damage dealt. Some up-front clarification about what "based on" means or, again, a stipulation in his kit to clarify, would have gone a long way to avoid people feeling misled when his damage output was more lackluster in practice.

b4ia2v3c6wix.png

take the example of rent. the price is based on 2 people sharing the room. meaning you take the base price and divide it by 2, getting what you should pay.

if this was as other have expressed, the price being based on 2 people sharing the same space would be to pay double rent for 2 people sharing the same space.
    his damage is based on his max health, you take his max health and multiply by 20% to get the damage. this % could have been anything and is likely picked to keep a balance to his damage as his health stacks, but also giving decent damage if you max him out for health in every way.

OK, I understand that based uses his Max Health as the base for the calculations, but his kit doesn't not read 20%, so assumedly you would think without any indicators otherwise that the kit would literally mean "based on 60K health" not "damage equal to 20% of 60K"

We got videos from CG of GG hitting for 50K-60K against Revan teams, but now we're seeing under 40k for GG's with 70K health after mods.

The text should be "dealing damage equal to 20% of his max health" not this vague misleading "based on" with no evidence of anything less than 100% of his max health.
  • AKAren
    40 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    @Bulldog1205
    For clarification, I assumed it wouldn’t BE AS LOW AS 20%. I also assumed it wouldn’t be 100%.

I was hoping it would be a competitive percentage.
  • AKAren wrote: »
    @Bulldog1205
    For clarification, I assumed it wouldn’t BE AS LOW AS 20%. I also assumed it wouldn’t be 100%.

I was hoping it would be a competitive percentage.

Or like the video.
  • Kyno wrote: »

b4ia2v3c6wix.png

Wow, way to be condescending. I'm pretty sure I speak English okay considering it's my first and only language, but thanks for wasting your time providing the dictionary screenshot and the pedantic explanation of a simple term.

Like I said, when they said "based on" pre-release I remember wanting some more clarification since that wording is too vague, but I assumed it would come with the kit reveal. When the kit didn't clarify and test footage showed 60k hits on a character who can be reasonably assumed to have 60k health after mods at g12+, I and many others went "huh. Guess it must be health==damage after all?"

All I was saying was the wording is vague and clarification would've gone a long way towards preventing some of the fallout.

Just fyi, (max health * 100%) is still a calculation that is "based on" max health per your own definition. It's not unreasonable to assume that that could have been the intent behind the wording in GG's kit. It IS unreasonable to assume that people who were expecting that are just brainless or don't understand English.
  • Cya around
  • Wait they are even better then we thought!!
  • AKAren
    40 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    4wofc8k59jgs.jpeg
    Another vague description I was hoping would get clarification.
  • AKAren
    40 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    mwukq4qfwpns.jpeg

A variant of his would help Grievous, instead of the marked that is too easy to get around.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    SiFuLee wrote: »
    Wait they are even better then we thought!!

Gotta love how they can even be beaten by multiple different teams of... three.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    SiFuLee wrote: »

If they are going to be as soft as they are, they need to do a LOT more damage all around. Especially B2 and Magnaguard. Every skill on those two characters needs do do at least 100% more damage except maybe B2’s dispel. And B1 needs to have his stacks adjusted to ignore percentage based attacks. Tweak the numbers...
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • I think the real dmg will be seen with HK-47 rework. And grouping those droids could end in some killing disaster.
  • SiFuLee wrote: »

Well, to be fair a HUGE percentage of teams in the game would lose to those 3 teams of 3.

Revan GMY Ezra
    CLS Han Chewie
    Traya Nihilus Sion

I'm not saying the GG team is good, but those teams arent proper metrics for saying his team is trash. Those are simply some of the most powerful 3 man synergy combos in the game.

Qira Nest can duo Bastilla teams. Nest alone can solo many teams and timeout CLS. Doesn't mean those teams are trash.

Again I dont know if team is good or bad but I'm not sure if this is the proper metric.