GG is complete garbage [MERGE]

Replies

• BobaPhat wrote: »
    Boy we got fooled good didn’t we? Waited forever for GG rework and the new droids are all lack luster. I brought my Droideka to 6* in hopes it helps but not looking good. Totally disappointing releases and rework. Hopefully they rework the rework. Haven’t spent serious $ in a while on this game and after this I won’t be spending anymore. This game is slipping from fun to pay to play real fast

Did you just contradict yourself? You just paid good $ and you didn't get a good enough team to beat Revan which is now available to F2P. It only shows that the game is getting more F2P friendly!
  • Yep. Don't get tricked by the grievous distraction. save your zeta mats hoarde your gear and ride out good revan until malak / evil revan.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Surpass expectations, huh Devs?

Hmmmm...

spmzw.jpg

CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • GG and sep droids are good, at least I have 1 more team that can defeat revan, really useful in GA/TW. Going to gear them up.

And yes I dont care about jedi or sith.
  • Have the devs even responded about this yet?

Yes. He is working as intended but continue to welcome feedback.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Now, since I am a firm believer in Hanlon's razor, and given CG's history with proving said razor to be the case regarding their "extensive internal testing" numerous times in the past, I'm going to wait and see what "fixes" come about to the numerous bugs that plague this GG "Revan-killing" team (no NS pun intended).

Never attribute malice to what can be explained with stupidity.

I think there is an interesting philosophical debate here. Should Hanlon's be amended to say "Never attribute malice to what can be explained with stupidity unless there is a profit motive"?

Cause here's the thing. This isn't a one time occurrence. Over the course of 3 years a company that is making 100s of millions of dollars off this game has committed a dozen or more potentially ethically questionable actions that have been shrugged off with Hanlon's razor each time. Are we to believe that this highly successful venture is run by such staggeringly stupid people that they are unable to learn from previous mistakes and repeat history on a frequent basis? That's somewhat mind boggling.

Now, since I am a firm believer in Hanlon's razor, and given CG's history with proving said razor to be the case regarding their "extensive internal testing" numerous times in the past, I'm going to wait and see what "fixes" come about to the numerous bugs that plague this GG "Revan-killing" team (no NS pun intended).

I think there is an interesting philosophical debate here. Should Hanlon's be amended to say "Never attribute malice to what can be explained with stupidity unless there is a profit motive"?

Cause here's the thing. This isn't a one time occurrence. Over the course of 3 years a company that is making 100s of millions of dollars off this game has committed a dozen or more potentially ethically questionable actions that have been shrugged off with Hanlon's razor each time. Are we to believe that this highly successful venture is run by such staggeringly stupid people that they are unable to learn from previous mistakes and repeat history on a frequent basis? That's somewhat mind boggling.

I agree. But it is worth noting that some of the "repeat" mistakes are by different CG executives. They've changed in the time some of have been playing. They will change again.

All of that said, the recent statement from CG that "everything is pretty much is WAI" forces me to withdraw my above comment. There will be no fixes. This time it was more than "ethically questionable" - it was deceitful.

CG clearly intended to mislead people on this one - all along. From the comments about GG "exceeding expectations" to the videos THEY released with GG's team crushing Revan team after Revan team.

The more mind boggling thing is this - why be misleading? The original GMY wasn't meta changing - but people loved it anyway. People geared up garbage jedi just to get him. I have Eeth Koth at level 75 g9 because of that event - back in the day - before there were better options.lol People don't like to support (financially) a company that lies, misleads and ignore their customers (I believe EA has won a specific award...twice that would support that point). But people will happily drop money when they feel like they are helping build a better game - not just lining the pockets of people trying to trick and deceive them. That's why I was p2p for the first year and half I played - the team listened, the improvements and their attempts to improve were legitimate. Were they always perfect? No. But at least there was a sense of the developers and the players working together to make a better Star Wars game.

That all changed - as has my financial support. I am not going to name names or point fingers, but things are different now. GG and his disingenuous "rework" is just the latest example. And you are correct - this CG team no longer gets the benefit of the Hanlon's razor doubt. The complete lack of transparency, communication and honesty makes that impossible. And in many ways, that's more disappointing than frustrating.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Have you guys tried using a Poggle lead?
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

I agree. But it is worth noting that some of the "repeat" mistakes are by different CG executives. They've changed in the time some of have been playing. They will change again.

All of that said, the recent statement from CG that "everything is pretty much is WAI" forces me to withdraw my above comment. There will be no fixes. This time it was more than "ethically questionable" - it was deceitful.

CG clearly intended to mislead people on this one - all along. From the comments about GG "exceeding expectations" to the videos THEY released with GG's team crushing Revan team after Revan team.

The more mind boggling thing is this - why be misleading? The original GMY wasn't meta changing - but people loved it anyway. People geared up garbage jedi just to get him. I have Eeth Koth at level 75 g9 because of that event - back in the day - before there were better options.lol People don't like to support (financially) a company that lies, misleads and ignore their customers (I believe EA has won a specific award...twice that would support that point). But people will happily drop money when they feel like they are helping build a better game - not just lining the pockets of people trying to trick and deceive them. That's why I was p2p for the first year and half I played - the team listened, the improvements and their attempts to improve were legitimate. Were they always perfect? No. But at least there was a sense of the developers and the players working together to make a better Star Wars game.

That all changed - as has my financial support. I am not going to name names or point fingers, but things are different now. GG and his disingenuous "rework" is just the latest example. And you are correct - this CG team no longer gets the benefit of the Hanlon's razor doubt. The complete lack of transparency, communication and honesty makes that impossible. And in many ways, that's more disappointing than frustrating.

^^ this. I also had EE and Plo for gmy.

The video sent to ahnald was totally focused on killing revan. A real shame. There will be no fixes... that’s exactly what I got from the statement as well.

If there is any silver lining atleast a long called for character got reworked and droideka which has been wanted for awhile has arrived.

I’m still wondering if there is a droid team out there with gg lead ipd l3 t3 and 88.

The Jedi revan defeater will be darth revan I’m guessing.
  • Have you guys tried using a Poggle lead?

EE I'm not sure if you are right that Poggle or JE are going to be the answer here, but I give you kudos for trying. ;)
  • I cannot even begin to express how disappointed and dissatisfied with the recent grevious “rework”. This was in my opinion (a player since launch) the most excited the community has been as a whole for a rework ever. To say it bluntly, grevious and his droids are still quite bad. They get completely mowed over by any decent teams and require multiple zetas to even reach their sub-par level of competition. Another poor decision CG, your EA roots have become clearer and clearer since the release of Jedi Knight Revenue and this was your easy chance to turn it around. Too bad.
  • They don’t get mowed over after the fix pack yesterday nerfed Revan AI.

Palp and Vader were more requested reworks and it isn’t close.
  • Jedi killer become mood killer. I d8dnt feel this k8nd of negativity since I started. Greed will kill this game...
  • can I see your roster with them? Are they maxed our gear and star and mods?
  • Just look me up 2lit2quit Maylazie Im having fun with my 7 star GG that sits at G11... you? My team is full omega, no zeta, and I can see its potential. Have you even used it yet? My B1 and Droidca are at 4 stars yours? Show your stuff. I bet you dont even have GG unlocked do you?
  • GG is 7 star, B2 Super Battle Droid is at 7 star and IG Magna Guard is at 7 stars. Only Droidica and B1 are at 4 stars. Think my B2 SUper Battle Droid is G8 and the rest G7. They're fun as heck to use. I destroyed a Rogue 1 team. It hurts BH teams. But the modding is tricky. Really tricky. Not sure how you want to work this so each time GG goes he hurts everyone else. So you want him slow or fast? More droids that go down stronger he is. It's a delicate dance thus far. Day 3? 3? CHill..
  • I think CG’s one saving grace is that they can always introduce new separatist droids to actually make the droid army usable.

On the other side they just picked up a giant hornets nest with their bare hands by angering some diehard fans who’ve been waiting for this disappointment for years. We won’t forget this.
  • No one has figured out that these videos made by fan boys can be altered by mods to show a team winning that you want to win? That such things also help push the hype and therefore increase the panic farm and thereby revenue. But of course everyone is objective and that never happens.
  • I’m sure they will take this down anyways, not convinced they want to hear what we have to say
  • evoluza wrote: »
    They don’t get mowed over after the fix pack yesterday nerfed Revan AI.

Palp and Vader were more requested reworks and it isn’t close.

They do.

Nobody requested a palps vader rework, they were good and become meta.
    Grievous never was and never will be, I guess.

Revan almost always marks Droideka and Magnaguard after the nerf.

Go look at Cubs new video recorded after fixpack. 16 of 17 wins vs Revan.
  • Just look me up 2lit2quit Maylazie Im having fun with my 7 star GG that sits at G11... you? My team is full omega, no zeta, and I can see its potential. Have you even used it yet? My B1 and Droidca are at 4 stars yours? Show your stuff. I bet you dont even have GG unlocked do you?

https://youtu.be/V610uEDNrP0
  • Ha~! Yet I grinded my GG ---I don't even think you can buy his shards.. but hey if u feel like saying something about buying 7 stars direct it somewhere else. My Revan had me in top ten so much it paid for itself. Yet I never bought the packs! I just bought the 320 crystal packs as they came in the shard store for his companions. I was done with them before the event launched and I will be for Darth Revan. Play your game the way you want. But dont get mad at anyone else for having a job and some extra cash to buy stuff.
  • still no roster post from the OP? Shicker! Like I said, he doesn't have GG unlocked yet I bet lol
  • Worst rework ever! I was going to go all out on b1 and Droideka but forget that. Gg is still worthless
  • So u didn't and you're making these kind of statements? Lol you can't be serious. Spend the Zetas then come back.
  • So u didn't and you're making these kind of statements? Lol you can't be serious. Spend the Zetas then come back.

You don’t need to use the team first hand to know how bad they are. There are plenty of videos on YouTube or posts here on the forums saying how bad they are, even with the zetas. It’s unfortunate and I wish it weren’t true, but it’s just how it is. CG dropped the ball on this one.
  • The meta should be jedi then sith then jedi then sith and so on. Other factions should be able to compete but not be better. Welcome to star wars where force users are the most powerful beings in the galaxy.