[MEGA] General Grievous’ Leadership and Damage Clarifications

Replies

• So glad we finally have GG and his amazing droid army.

I already start seeing a lot of GG teams in the Top 100 arena spots...oh.... wait...No. Still all Revan.
  • Gg the jedi killer is here...

In top 50 lets see how many jedi killers are there...

https://youtu.be/UDaBf6sloVw

• TheChampionBum
    340 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Erdmanski wrote: »
    If I remember correctly, in the video shown to us the entire team was completely zeta'd and g12, presumably g12+. I doubt there are many players that have the entire Separatist droid team geared and starred up like that, including the zetas. For those that do, I wouldn't be surprised if their Revan battle outcomes are wins just like in the video.

Are there any whales out there who have 7* g12+ Separatist droids that are doing well against Revan teams? I genuinely want to know.

For the rest of us that are using 3* g11 B1 and Droideka, well what did you expect? They are 3* and G11! Lol.

Personally I've ditched the Grievous lead and started using an HK lead team with Grievous, zB2, zT3, and zzBB8. I'm missing a couple of zetas and only the Seps and BB8 are g12, but I've been beating Revan teams.

I guess you don't watch YT... multiple videos showing both on test and personal accounts that GG cannot reliably beat Revan on offense... also videos showing GG does not win at all on defense and can even be beaten 3v5 by multiple different trios

The ones showing off Grievous with personal accounts aren't using G12+ zeta'd B1 and Droideka. The ones using the test accounts don't know what they are even doing and are strategically inept.

I said it above already but I guess you missed the part that goes like this.. "I've ditched the Grievous lead and started using an HK lead team with Grievous, zB2, zT3, and zzBB8. I'm missing a couple of zetas and only the Seps and BB8 are g12, but I've been beating Revan teams."

The GG lead sucks, I'm not denying that. But few people are using him in a different manner other than as a leader in a full Separatist droid squad.

As far as Grievous holding out on defense, I agree with you that the AI wont use him well and you'll drop. But if you want to win against Revan without having to use Revan, the team I've outlined above is a good choice. Provided you have them starred and geared up with a few zetas of course.
    Where is my kitten General Grievous rework at!!??
  • This pretty much sums up my feelings.

cjloe8ycpw7x.jpeg
  • Seems some people starting to win with him. Keep an open mind.
  • This whole issue could be fixed if b1 did not lose stacks from gg's unique.
    The 8% doesn't hurt the other droids much.
  • I have a suggestion. It’s pretty simple but could easily help this team become actually good. I have personally tested a grievous team with all the new zetas on my own account, and the one thing that could fix this, and make sense, would be to give grievous a unique stealth buff (not copyable but dispellable like droidekas damage immunity) and this stealth buff could imitate grievous sending in his droids and sticking back while they wear down the enemies so he can pop in and do a lot of damage. Just so he doesn’t get instantly demolished by raid Han, Revans mark, etc. Canonically, that’s not something he would do, he wouldn’t sit out in front of the battle and just get destroyed. He is smarter than that, and it needs to reflect in his kit. Not sure if this will completely solve all the problems with the grievous team, but it’s a start.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Always blows my mind how much love they give reddit and other media platforms over their own forum....
  • Fellow swgoh fans, are you truly upset they released a PVE toon/rework just before a major pvp release?

This happens every cycle. You KNOW a meta defining DS kotor toon is coming, at least if you are paying attention you do.

All of your resources are belong to the new shiny. Now, here comes the real shiny. Want it? Buy it. This is not new.

My sympathies if you invested your money thinking they would dominate arena. Perhaps, and I mean this in the kindly advice way, you should reconsider your compulsive spending habits, and wait a day or two before buying.
  • Things come from the Top and roll downhill. Magenta

Always blows my mind how much love they give reddit and other media platforms over their own forum....

Yeah. And People are so civil and nice to them here! I can't imagine why they dont post here more.

• The ones showing off Grievous with personal accounts aren't using G12+ zeta'd B1 and Droideka. The ones using the test accounts don't know what they are even doing and are strategically inept.

Wrong. AhnaldT101 finally maxed out a GG team at the cost of between $500-$600 and after trying it out was not impressed. His exact quote: "Revan's still the way to go."

• From the reddit post it's hilarious to see cgcarrie discuss the footage they gave as if she wasn't entirely aware of how screwed it was from reality
  • The problem for me is these rework can't dent Revan squads. Nobody ever said this was meant to be a PvE squad. Max droids pre-GG rework were already plenty competent at PvE content.

Bounty Hunter reworks CAN engage Revan squads and win. There are so many interesting ways to do it as well. It takes more investment and work but it's completely possible with Sing and Jango leads.

Droids? Nothing. Can't beat CLS, can't beat Traya, can't beat Revan. They have NOWHERE to exist. We don't need more PvE Robots. We don't need more TB/GA stuff.

What we need is teams that can participate in PvP for variety. The same junk happened with Imperial Troopers.. such a fun team. But they DO have PvE relationships as they gain TM when things die.. this is a clear example of "These guys are good at PvE where things die a lot".

Here is just the simple truth about the issues:
    CG have created a team that has no weakness.

The constant cleansing/resist and TM gain from it means debuff strats are out (half the game).
    The constant group attacks means practically any character without janky rules can be one shot.
    The constant fakking revives means you can't even keep anyone killed.
    The constant foresight means your attacks can't even land.

I can't even fathom how long Darth Revan's ability list is going to be and how bat-**** crazy confusing it's going to be just to get around all that junk.

If anyone should have revive madness mechanics it's the bloody droids not Jedi.

GG is on the same spectrum as Vader/EP/Yoda as iconic general/leader characters. Yet the off-screw off-brand Hk47 remains a more useful leader.

• GG was never going to be meta defining. We know CG’s next play here. Darth Revan will own the JKR meta, then Jedi Luke will come in and own Darth Revan. Easy peasy. Prep now.
  • @everyone If you want your feedbacks to be heard, make it where it matters, update your review of the game, stop paying. It has been proven well enough that pages of forum posts don't matter.

The situation is understandable. Grievous has always been a useless rare/epensive toon. Anyone would expect for a rework to make it way better than the average toon. CG clearly made sure to advertise that separatist team as really good. As they should, because obviously, who would buy those 2 new markee if they were advertised as average ?
  • Talk about misleading misdirection for the consumer. It seems like you don't care and will lie to get those bucks up at all cost and now you drop Darth Revan. People will tire of these antics. Remember people work hard for their money. It doesn't grow on trees. Shameful acts.
  • They learned their lesson in not overhyping a rework. Now instead, they will advertise (and make true) how Darth Revan will be worth it and exceed expectations... But at a higher cost.

It's a shame how much more transparent the shareholders have become with each update
  • Obviously newer characters are always going to cost more than re-worked characters. Some of us have had GG, B2 and Magma at 7* for a long time.
  • Of course. But now they're going to lean into Revan even harder saying that they learned their lesson and not even ironically, will be Revan 2.0 to a T and just be nonsensically dominant "for the players sake" and in goodwill because they didn't want it to get the same response as Grevious
  • VonZant wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Yeah. And People are so civil and nice to them here! I can't imagine why they dont post here more.

They literally replied to a post titled “angry incoherent rant” over there...
  • Is there any footage of this new problem of HSTR+droideka stand alone interaction? I wanna see how badly they missed this one.
  • Suprème_Lèader_Tsao
    122 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    This Grievous rework fits the lore perfectly. If you remember, he was able to reliably kill many Jedi... just none of the ones that mattered. Same is true in this game.
    To be fair, they wouldn't need to make a whole forum post clarifying how GG's damage works and everything if they had just said "20% of his max health" from the beginning or even put it in the description of his kit. I know they said "based" and that confused me for a while, but after seeing the test footage I assumed that they must have really meant max health = damage dealt. Some up-front clarification about what "based on" means or, again, a stipulation in his kit to clarify, would have gone a long way to avoid people feeling misled when his damage output was more lackluster in practice.

b4ia2v3c6wix.png

The term" based on" means they use that as a base for the calculation.

take the example of rent. the price is based on 2 people sharing the room. meaning you take the base price and divide it by 2, getting what you should pay.

if this was as other have expressed, the price being based on 2 people sharing the same space would be to pay double rent for 2 people sharing the same space.
    his damage is based on his max health, you take his max health and multiply by 20% to get the damage. this % could have been anything and is likely picked to keep a balance to his damage as his health stacks, but also giving decent damage if you max him out for health in every way.

Hey there Kyno Mr I'm all over the forums fan boy. Watch D3 video..... You know the game changer. If you need the link I would be more than happy to get it for you. 3 characters beats a entire fully geared, fully zetaed team. Matter of fact 3 teams of 3 beat a entire GG team. How's that rework coming there broooooo? How's that for base ;)
  • So they are saying GG had stacked HP through his unique to get those numbers. Wow that reven squad must’ve been trash to allow them to live so long.
    Very misleading.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

They literally replied to a post titled “angry incoherent rant” over there...

Not to mention the Constant thread right at the top where you can go and yell your frustrations out. So much swearing towards CG, and Reddit doesn't block it like these forums do.

Lol at thinking Reddit is more civil then here xD Here is quite nice in comparasin, the only time people speak up is becuase people are tired of being ignored.

if they refunded Finns lead zeta in the opener, if GG was good, if the extra crystals in the pack didn't increase the price, if they didn't go ahead with the banning TW, there would be much much less feedback here on the negative side of things.
  • Let me start by saying I appreciate the content and effort that goes into the new character's, raids and events that are regularly released. There's a reason people are still playing after 3 years and new players are joining.

But I want to talk about this rework and new release and give my thoughts.

I understand that marketing material will always show the best and want to create demand for the new character's but the footage imo appears to be misleading. Theres people implying the defence teams were unmodded maybe?

I have committed substantial gear and 4 zetas to the team. I have G12 GG with both zetas and most G12+ pieces and all 6E mods (as suggested other than Crit Damage triangle I have gone for more health.) But at best it's a 1/4 chance of beating Revan.

After substantial testing i can report: If marked hits GG it's possible to recover but often he's down and out before you can recover. I've actually been using L337 for an extra heal over droideka as it's slightly improved the overall chance of victory. If B1 gets marked it's pretty much over too. So your usually destroyed in the first 30 seconds.

Yes I have won, yes I like the faction and kit but the results are very lack luster. I have modded as suggested and even with GG having loads of health it isn't working great. You only have to watch the multitude of YouTube videos out there to see they are easily countered too on defence. I had nearly as much success pre Magnaguard, GG and Droideka rework/release. So not great on offence and walked over on defence........

As I see it there are three potential solutions:
    1) Buff the faction (they are far from overpowered), I'm sure people wouldn't mind if they could still be easily countered if they could actually reliably counter something! Grevious lead is weak, a suggestion would be to add a separatist droid buff based on the number of Jedi on the opposing team . Like Plus 10% health and offence per jedi. They were hyped as a jedi killer, so perhaps a focused buff would work best.
    2) Refund gear and zetas and let people decide if they would reinvest now the true videos and gameplay is in the open
    3) Do nothing and have angry disappointed players. Even those that haven't invested agree it's still a worthless faction.

Feel free to PM me if you want more info etc.