Disheartened by the grievous rework? Never fear... BB8 makes the team amazing!

Prev134567
Smapty
1260 posts Member
So I too was really feeling the pain of grevious and the newly reworked separatist droids.... they just seemed to fall short somehow :(

That was until I decided to stick BB8 on the team in magma’s place... then it all came together :)

The initial speed boost for the droids he gives makes them all super fast... so they all move before the other team. This opens up a lot of advantages for the droid team....
Once he gets to the point of illuminated destiny (which happens pretty fast) then thats all she wrote for the other team...

Worst case scenario is that b1 gets marked and dies early... but even in these situations I’ve still managed to pull out the win more often than not...

It’s really an amazing team to use (at least offensively) against the sea of Revan squads in today’s arena... against CLS or others use R2 instead of B2 to focus fire on Droideka (who will have damage immunity for 2 turns already since he moves super fast)

I took a few screenshots from some battles today as I climbed the ranks with ease ;)

I sunk some money into the droids (B1 and Droideka) after I saw they were capable of winning.... but I had pretty much the same success while they were both at only 4*

fz9nA4o.jpg

CDZ3NU2.jpg

VGIB8CZ.jpg

C8irZje.jpg

Good luck fellow droid lovers... and enjoy the team :)

Replies

• Very nice, and missing 3 zetas.
    Maybe my farming wont be in vein.
  • Can always count on Smapty. Good stuff.
  • Nice job mang! Now zeta that b2. His is probably the best Of the lot.
  • well done, amigo!
    thought after the rework of grevious he would be unplayable in other droid teams, especially with light side droids.
    had an idea with jawa engineer - one of the fastest hero in the swgoh-universe, but bb8 is much better!
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Nebulous wrote: »
    Nice job mang! Now zeta that b2. His is probably the best Of the lot.

Yeah B2 is next for sure... he should make them much faster :)

I used the only zetas I had saved up on grevious lead and b1

I think b1 zeta was really significant.... him staying alive longer makes the durability of the team dramatically better.... it like it’s just enough to survive through those tough situations that would maybe cost you the match...
    ... as long as he isn’t marked he can keep whoever is marked alive long enough to push through it...
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    I made a video but the first half is super laggy and almost painful to watch....

The second half of the fight is pretty clear though... and gotta love that 60k basic hit on Kenobi from GG at the end :)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A0qWFxmH8B4
  • Smapty wrote: »

I think b1 zeta was really significant.... him staying alive longer makes the durability of the team dramatically better.... it like it’s just enough to survive through those tough situations that would maybe cost you the match...
    ... as long as he isn’t marked he can keep whoever is marked alive long enough to push through it...

I zeta'd b1 the day he came out.
    I never thought to use any light side droids because of the grevious unique. Gald you were braver than me.

Have you tried t3?
    The mass dispel, and his cleanse/heal sound good and he could help ramp up the damage... i never use him and he is my highest total power character at 23k with both zetas.

• What happens if focus gets placed on BB8? Is it essentially game over or can you still pull out the win?
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    What happens if focus gets placed on BB8? Is it essentially game over or can you still pull out the win?

It hasn’t happened yet in about a dozen matches surprisingly... it’s usually grevious (primarily) or b1 (which sucks bad) or B2 (which is still fine)
  • b1 mods: speed or damage?
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Smapty wrote: »

I zeta'd b1 the day he came out.
    I never thought to use any light side droids because of the grevious unique. Gald you were braver than me.

Have you tried t3?
    The mass dispel, and his cleanse/heal sound good and he could help ramp up the damage... i never use him and he is my highest total power character at 23k with both zetas.

Ive tried T3... and 88 and several other “target lock” combos...
    T3 is really good... and I thought I would need him in any droid team to make them work... he boosts their damage a good bit (I’ve hit 70k basics with GG withT3 in there)

But he’s just not as useful as BB8 for the first turn of action and then the illuminated destiny buff later to push them through the survivors... BB8 was the one that made the team really work vs high end arena teams

You could maybe try subbing him for B2... I haven’t tried it yet :)
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    What happens if focus gets placed on BB8? Is it essentially game over or can you still pull out the win?

I think Revans AI doesn't target a char with taunt with his Direct Focus as long as there are chars without taunt. And since BB8 is hilariously fast with the 40% speed boost and gets taunt when using his Covert Data when all allies are droids, he'll be safe.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • jedibaer71
    575 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    tm3 instead of droidika, an idea.
    my ig-88 is maxed, with zeta, and with the target locks he stops health/protection of the enemies.
    and: he has 50% evading against target locked enemies and health steal 50%.
    also an idea...
  • Really glad someone figured a team out. It was really making me mad that people were complaining before trying more than one team. Well done. Hopefully I can get this team going pretty soon.
  • This is pure gold Smapty. Great job showing us that, thank you!
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/

It hasn’t happened yet in about a dozen matches surprisingly... it’s usually grevious (primarily) or b1 (which sucks bad) or B2 (which is still fine)

I think since you can immediately gain a taunt on BB8 that he will keep for effectively the entire fight, Revan will never choose to mark him.
  • Lagandary wrote: »
    Really glad someone figured a team out. It was really making me mad that people were complaining before trying more than one team. Well done. Hopefully I can get this team going pretty soon.

Kinda like how the prepared scoundrels are terrible together, but swap out young lando and young han for pretty mhch any other scoundrels and then they work
  • I dont get it. You say most of the time, Revan marks GG. If he really does that, how come he doesnt die? I can kill pretty much anything if marked (even a g12 jolee can fall). Grievous should insta die at that point.
  • I dont get it. You say most of the time, Revan marks GG. If he really does that, how come he doesnt die? I can kill pretty much anything if marked (even a g12 jolee can fall). Grievous should insta die at that point.
    GG goes first because of BB8 and gets 50% extra health which makes him more durable. When the focus gets put on him, Grievous will mark someone else like magnaguard and the three jedi may go after them instead of Grievous. It is probably still possible to kill him quickly but not as likely.
  • Has anyone tried sun-fac in place of magnaguard? Better or worse?
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Here’s a less laggy recording of a fight... things didn’t go ideally by any means... and BB8 even dies:(

But still an easy win :)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zOe7MdbnYTA
  • So I tried this the first night and due to my GG being at 61k in health his unique killed BB-8 before ID could even trigger. With no one to heal BB-8 he’s a sitting duck. Plus I have him zeta’d so he throws a taunt due to a full droid team. There was way to many attacks coming his way to survive. Maybe I’ll give it another go. How was GG modded?
  • Khyron
    43 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    So I tried this the first night and due to my GG being at 61k in health his unique killed BB-8 before ID could even trigger. With no one to heal BB-8 he’s a sitting duck. Plus I have him zeta’d so he throws a taunt due to a full droid team. There was way to many attacks coming his way to survive. Maybe I’ll give it another go. How was GG modded?

This.

BB8 died in 10/10 pvp attempts vs Revan teams and 1 treya team before I had anywhere near a chance to use his special. I won twice and 1 of those times was barely squeaking out a win versus a 5* treya team with a gear 11 sion.
  • So I'm not driving and was able to watch videos. True Damage from DD seems to be the difference maker as it negates GK and Jolee crit reduction.

I'm glad the team works. Sad that it requires an outside legendary character.

Smapty I seem to remember you have god tier mods. Mind if I ask the speeds?
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Khyron wrote: »
    So I tried this the first night and due to my GG being at 61k in health his unique killed BB-8 before ID could even trigger. With no one to heal BB-8 he’s a sitting duck. Plus I have him zeta’d so he throws a taunt due to a full droid team. There was way to many attacks coming his way to survive. Maybe I’ll give it another go. How was GG modded?

This.

BB8 died in 10/10 pvp attempts vs Revan teams and 1 treya team before I had anywhere near a chance to use his special. I won twice and 1 of those times was barely squeaking out a win versus a 5* treya team with a gear 11 sion.

The problem here is the problem for most of these "These characters work" strats. We have no idea on the mods being used, from what I've seen this guy has mods we'd kill for. Could also be going up against Revans who are nowhere near as good modded.

GG can beat Revan 50ish percent of the time already, the thing is, that is still not reliable, that is A LOT of resources to spend on a team that 100% cannot be put on defence in TW/GA. And BB8 still better used on a Resistance squad for those areas of the game. Thing is, you go Revan you keep your spot in arena because you are not being focused. Same as when Palp was meta, you had to have him to stop people attacking you.
  • VonZant wrote: »
    So I'm not driving and was able to watch videos. True Damage from DD seems to be the difference maker as it negates GK and Jolee crit reduction.

Here’s my gg account of you want to look at the speeds...

https://swgoh.gg/p/298548193/

I haven’t bothered to mod the droids properly at all yet... I’m sure I could make them more functional with a little thought into who should get what (I just stole mods off my CLS team and stuck them on them for now)
  • Nerf stick on BB8 for sure coming. Just watch.
    VonZant wrote: »
    So I'm not driving and was able to watch videos. True Damage from DD seems to be the difference maker as it negates GK and Jolee crit reduction.

Here’s my gg account of you want to look at the speeds...

https://swgoh.gg/p/298548193/

I haven’t bothered to mod the droids properly at all yet... I’m sure I could make them more functional with a little thought into who should get what (I just stole mods off my CLS team and stuck them on them for now)

Awsome. Again good job. I find it kind of ironic that the team with an anti speed Droiddeeka is made functional by MOAR SPEED. ;) Glad you figured them out.
  • OmegaIV wrote: »
    Nerf stick on BB8 for sure coming. Just watch.

And that stick will be darth revan.

Basic.... insta kill all droids, jedi, and everything but tuskens.

Special 1.... silly fornite dance

Special 2... insta kill all tuskens

Unique.... revive all enemies in order to continue the cycle of insta kill
  • HK lead get a mention?

Or is GG zeta lead better?