Rebel Roundup: Bossk goes before bonus turn from "Many Disintegrations"

The description of Many Disintegrations says "this character gets an immediate bonus turn". But my Bossk, who has the highest speed of the bunch, often goes before the bonus turn. Sometimes, this makes it impossible to kill an opponent with the toon who activated MD. It happens with Jango most of the time.

Replies

• Darth_DeVito
    1231 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    It just happened again after I retreated and started over:

abk7zjxv7i6a.jpg

I activated MD with Jango and instead of him, Bossk goes next. I'm lucky there are two tanks with taunt, otherwise I'd have no choice but use Bossk for the kill shot.

ETA: Both Bossk and Cad went before Jango's bonus turn, and Cad has less speed than Jango. Something isn't working as intended.
  • It just happened again after I retreated and started over:

abk7zjxv7i6a.jpg

I activated MD with Jango and instead of him, Bossk goes next. I'm lucky there are two tanks with taunt, otherwise I'd have no choice but use Bossk for the kill shot.

ETA: Both Bossk and Cad went before Jango's bonus turn, and Cad has less speed than Jango. Something isn't working as intended.

Like Han's Shoot First bonus turn that doesn't always go first in events where the opponent has preloaded TM this is probably working as intended.

The 'bonus turn' is likely just filling TM to 100%. In that case anyone else that is already at 100% could go before the bonus. It's a simple coin flip.

They changed this for Thrawn. Maybe they'll change it here. Unlikely though. It would be nice if they went through all of the abilities and effects and made sure they were described in the manner in which the game applies then though. "Bonus turn" should really just say "gain 100% TM".
  • jhbuchholz wrote: »

abk7zjxv7i6a.jpg

Like Han's Shoot First bonus turn that doesn't always go first in events where the opponent has preloaded TM this is probably working as intended.

The 'bonus turn' is likely just filling TM to 100%. In that case anyone else that is already at 100% could go before the bonus. It's a simple coin flip.

They changed this for Thrawn. Maybe they'll change it here. Unlikely though. It would be nice if they went through all of the abilities and effects and made sure they were described in the manner in which the game applies then though. "Bonus turn" should really just say "gain 100% TM".

^ this. Because Bossk's "Frenzy" is granting him 100% TM when an ally uses a special, it's a coin flip between him and Jango.

abk7zjxv7i6a.jpg

^ this. Because Bossk's "Frenzy" is granting him 100% TM when an ally uses a special, it's a coin flip between him and Jango.

Yes, this, but somehow I don’t think it’s a coin flip. I’ve never seen Bossk with Frenzy not go first after using MD, so something about the Frenzy mechanic is giving him priority. That’s been consistent across all tiers and multiple iterations of RR for me. I honestly don’t have an issue with it like OP though, I just plan around it.

abk7zjxv7i6a.jpg

Yes, this, but somehow I don’t think it’s a coin flip. I’ve never seen Bossk with Frenzy not go first after using MD, so something about the Frenzy mechanic is giving him priority. That’s been consistent across all tiers and multiple iterations of RR for me. I honestly don’t have an issue with it like OP though, I just plan around it.

If that's the case it might be a bug. CG has asserted that if multiple characters are at 100% then it should be random. Things like speed and who got to 100% first should not matter.

They do break this rule with some of the opposition characters in events where TM is preloaded and force the opposition to take the first turn even ahead of Han with no random factor involved. But that shouldn't apply here since all characters are human controlled. It should be random.
    jhbuchholz wrote: »

abk7zjxv7i6a.jpg

If that's the case it might be a bug. CG has asserted that if multiple characters are at 100% then it should be random. Things like speed and who got to 100% first should not matter.

They do break this rule with some of the opposition characters in events where TM is preloaded and force the opposition to take the first turn even ahead of Han with no random factor involved. But that shouldn't apply here since all characters are human controlled. It should be random.

Nope, not a bug. The actual Frenzy mechanic gives Bossk 100% TM and then subtracts 1% from everyone else to ensure he goes next.

hfws32jlpc3w.jpeg
  • Q

abk7zjxv7i6a.jpg

Nope, not a bug. The actual Frenzy mechanic gives Bossk 100% TM and then subtracts 1% from everyone else to ensure he goes next.

hfws32jlpc3w.jpeg

Great googly moogly. Another effect that doesn't perform the way the in game description says it should. I couldn't find a description of Frenzy in Bossk's kit so here's the one from Bistan:

aaa863939n4i.png

Says nothing about removing TM from others (note: Bistan's Frenzy also has the -1% TM gain applied according to swgoh.gg).

What's the point of the in game descriptions if they're so inaccurate that you have to go read the pseudo code pulled from the game to really see what they do?

Anyway, great catch Firebrigade.
    Q

abk7zjxv7i6a.jpg

hfws32jlpc3w.jpeg

Great googly moogly. Another effect that doesn't perform the way the in game description says it should. I couldn't find a description of Frenzy in Bossk's kit so here's the one from Bistan:

aaa863939n4i.png

Says nothing about removing TM from others (note: Bistan's Frenzy also has the -1% TM gain applied according to swgoh.gg).

What's the point of the in game descriptions if they're so inaccurate that you have to go read the pseudo code pulled from the game to really see what they do?

Wow, I didn’t go look at the actual kit, I figured it must say something like “immediately take a bonus turn”. But no, the kits that say that have to go to a coin flip and somehow that one that just says gain 100% tm automatically goes first lol
    Q

abk7zjxv7i6a.jpg

hfws32jlpc3w.jpeg

aaa863939n4i.png

Wow, I didn’t go look at the actual kit, I figured it must say something like “immediately take a bonus turn”. But no, the kits that say that have to go to a coin flip and somehow that one that just says gain 100% tm automatically goes first lol

You're right, this would be a great mechanic for characters that get a "bonus turn"!

And of course it's reversed :D
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    That -1% could actually hurt you a lot...if an effect caused your team and your opponent's team to both gain turn meter at the same time (like say Rex clearing a bunch of debuffs with a Frenzy Bossk vs a zPalp team), then the Bossk with frenzy will gain 100% turn meter, then remove 1% turn meter from all your team.

This will leave Bossk at 100% turn meter, the enemy team at 100% turn meter, and the rest of your team at 99% turn meter - ready to get slaughtered!