My 3v3 GA opponent has 300k more character GP than me

Justloseit
27 posts Member
edited February 2019
What the title says. That is some matchmaking.
This is my opponentc3pmaklifzcr.png
and this is me2lbvvmczb5h3.png

Replies

• It goes on GP at the moment, not individual score
  • Im in same boat 300k char gp difference, I thought they said they were going to remove fleet gp from calculation when we arent using fleets?32y0m5m25t9m.png
  • Just show that you are better than him with lower GP. Get creative and find a way to win ;)
  • I will definitely still win, I just thought they had already implemented not counting fleet gp in 3v3 GA where fleets are not used.
  • SkiaRyder wrote: »
    I will definitely still win, I just thought they had already implemented not counting fleet gp in 3v3 GA where fleets are not used.

Not yet. It was announced in the Road Ahead as a QOL improvement, but hasn't rolled out in a patch yet.
  • Ah ty knew I read it officially somewhere, road ahead makes sense. Not sure why they put stuff like that off at all but atleast we will get it eventually.
  • Yeah I see now that the person im against is dead even. One or two players are 200k gp + on characters. Then the other four are 200k ish - gp. Only two revan teams and one treya. I'm in 3.2 total gp area.
  • Fleet should be separate. Shame it is not.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    jkray622 wrote: »
    SkiaRyder wrote: »
    I will definitely still win, I just thought they had already implemented not counting fleet gp in 3v3 GA where fleets are not used.

Not yet. It was announced in the Road Ahead as a QOL improvement, but hasn't rolled out in a patch yet.

It's literally just swapping one number for another, how can it be so difficult?
  • DarthAxiod wrote: »
    Just show that you are better than him with lower GP. Get creative and find a way to win ;)

Oh. according to the forums' cancer, just don't set a defense and deny him of any quest progress and credits!
  • Cyclonick
    126 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    All my GA opponents have about 200k to 300k more GP than I have.

This is from the Road Ahead post:
    We are also looking to improve the matchmaking of the Grand Arena. One of the clearest improvements we could make based on the data from the first few runs is that when ships are not used in the Grand Arena, ship GP will not contribute to matchmaking

@CG_Carrie
  • Nauros wrote: »

It's literally just swapping one number for another, how can it be so difficult?

I have no idea. But given how many bugs crop up in the game, I'd guess that making any change is not "easy."
  • Corruptor wrote: »
    Wait until your in the 3rd and final bracket then get 4th place instead of 2nd.

And this matters how?
  • Corruptor wrote: »
    Wait until your in the 3rd and final bracket then get 4th place instead of 2nd.

2nd and 4th place are the exact same payout. And not an actual standing but a place holder
    You're all 2 and 1

Seemingly simple changes can sometimes turn out to be a royal pain in the backside.

And we have no insight into their task prioritizing / scheduling process either.
  • Nema
    136 posts Member
    Cyclonick wrote: »
    All my GA opponents have about 200k to 300k more GP than I have.

This is from the Road Ahead post:
    We are also looking to improve the matchmaking of the Grand Arena. One of the clearest improvements we could make based on the data from the first few runs is that when ships are not used in the Grand Arena, ship GP will not contribute to matchmaking

@CG_Carrie

I don't want them to change it. I neglected my ships and focuses on PvP. Now I do great. That's my choice. I'd expect to suffer in a ship focuses version so others should suffer in PvP
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »

Seemingly simple changes can sometimes turn out to be a royal pain in the backside.

And we have no insight into their task prioritizing / scheduling process either.

The character GP is already an established number, this is just a matter of swapping one variable for another...
  • This 3vs3 gameplay is horrible! They should take it away
  • pain bro
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »

The character GP is already an established number, this is just a matter of swapping one variable for another...
    There's clearly a bit more than that if you take a moment to think about the problem and there's more to upgrading production systems than just hacking code around.
  • Justloseit wrote: »
    What the title says. That is some matchmaking.
    This is my opponentc3pmaklifzcr.png
    and this is me2lbvvmczb5h3.png
    My opponent has about 220k or a 25% advantage in squad GP. I just cleared his zones and am curious to see what he can do in return. >:)
  • My opponent actually didn^t put any defense....
  • Justloseit wrote: »
    My opponent actually didn^t put any defense....

but he could click on pacrticipate GA xD
  • SkiaRyder wrote: »
    Im in same boat 300k char gp difference, I thought they said they were going to remove fleet gp from calculation when we arent using fleets?32y0m5m25t9m.png

You've got double the gear 12 characters and better mods. You're going to win. No reason to complain.
  • They should just make as many ship-only GA events as character-only GA events. Problem solved.
  • They should just make as many ship-only GA events as character-only GA events. Problem solved.

UNLIMITED POWER!!!