3v3 literally destroys 40% of our investment

2Next

Replies

• As a player with a rather weak roster, I find 3v3 useful given how few decently geared and leveled toons I actually have. I can see it being annoying if you're well geared and leveled and such, but when you only have 2-3 mediocre 5 man squads it's nice to have the extra wiggle room.
  • You know, you don't NEED a character with a leader ability to make a good team 😁
  • Lonit wrote: »
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    Full disclosure: I find 3v3 stupid.

In 3v3 you usually build team from the typical meta teams at 5v5 but then the two toons that are left out are usually useless (exceptions exists such as NS, and Revan/Bastilla).

For example, I have 10 resistance toons at g12 (poor Rose) and can only use 6 of them because of synergy or lack of leader (I can’t find a leader for R2 and 3PO among my Rebels). Solo’s smugglers is the same thing: all the prepared squad at G12, but Vandor, Han and Lando are out because the team would be too slow and the three of them don’t have a leader to support them.

Please consider reducing the pace of 3v3 because it is infuriating to me that most of my teams and investment are just cut.

dont like dont play it

I like the rewards though :)

• Well, the game isn't personally catered to specific players. A lot of people love 3 vs. 3. It rewards people who have built deeper rosters and gives people a chance to use characters that never make the cut for the 5 character teams.

I have 74 G12 and 33 G11 with 58 zetas, looks it is not deep enough for me to enjoy the game ...
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    I'm boycotting 3v3. It has no place in this game. No other game mode for 3v3 to try anything. Characters are designed for 5v5 , not 3v3. Many great 5v5 teams are terrible in 3v3. They should limit it to 5v5 or perhaps try more than 5 in a team or something else to give us a different look, but lowering to teams of 3 was a terrible decision in my opinion. I boycotted last time, and this time, I am losing on teams I can beat easily in 5v5 so back to boycotting.

Please remove 3v3 from the game CG.
    Post edited by Mzee on
  • Mzee wrote: »
    I'm boycotting 3v3. It has no place in this game. No other game mode for 3v3 to try anything. Characters are designed for 5v5 , not 3v3. Many great 5v5 teams are terrible in 3v3. They should limit it to 5v5 or perhaps try more than 5 in a team or something else to give us a different look, but lowering to teams of 3 was a terrible decision in my opinion. I boycotted last time, and this time, I am losing on teams I can beat easily in 5v5 so back to boycotting.

Go ahead and boycott it 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • The squad synergies, leadership abilities, etc. were clearly designed, "tested" and "balanced" for 5 v.5.

3v3 just feeks like a weak (and not very good) attempt to make things "fresh".... without CG actually doing anything content-wise to truly make things more engaging.

If this were a poll, my vote would be for 5v5, all the time.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    The squad synergies, leadership abilities, etc. were clearly designed, "tested" and "balanced" for 5 v.5.

3v3 just feels like a weak (and not very good) attempt to make things "fresh".... without CG actually doing anything content-wise to truly make things more engaging.

what about the team literally called the "sith triumvirate".

yeah, not the best argument, but I don't think the characters were created for specifically 5v5 teams. looking at the crazy synergies between characters like death trooper and krenic are a good example of toons created for just one other toon.

3v3 is a new way of approaching the game rather than the same old thing over and over and over and over again.
    The squad synergies, leadership abilities, etc. were clearly designed, "tested" and "balanced" for 5 v.5.

3v3 just feels like a weak (and not very good) attempt to make things "fresh".... without CG actually doing anything content-wise to truly make things more engaging.

what about the team literally called the "sith triumvirate".

yeah, not the best argument, but I don't think the characters were created for specifically 5v5 teams. looking at the crazy synergies between characters like death trooper and krenic are a good example of toons created for just one other toon.

3v3 is a new way of approaching the game rather than the same old thing over and over and over and over again.

The Triumverate are lore - not because CG designed them to be a team of 3. Yes, there are synergies between fewer than 5 characters. But many of the teams are balanced to be fighting 5 on 5. Teams that rely on death (NS, DT) or create TM engines based on crits, buffs, debuffs or expose (Imps, Resistance, BH, Ewoks, etc.) - or even Vader's speed based on ally/enemy team composition. Most of those are % based changes having to do with number of allies/enemies affected - and all were originally balanced for 5v5. Several teams almost "require" all 5 members and their respective contributions to even be fun to play - or at least interesting.

3v3 is not a "new way of approaching the game" - it's actually just a spillover from how they ruined ships by going from 5v5 to 3v3 - and one that eliminates designed synergies and team work within the given factions.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • 3v3 is my favorite part of this game. So many useful combos. Forces you to get creative at times. Also makes you gear up more than just 5 toons per faction. Almost makes you make sure you have atleast 6 toons ready (where possible). Such as BH, NS, Jedi, etc. Makes some toons that normally aren't used much, pretty viable. Yes, some teams become less effective, like Ewoks and Imperial Troopers, but still. Great game mode. I like the constant switch from 5v5 and 3v3.
  • I thought 3v3 was a good idea and worth trying, but in practice it actually feels tedious and I'm ready for something else.

Ten nodes to fill and attack without much chance to practice and test combinations (other than earlier GAs) is overly time-consuming. Theory-crafting ends in frustration when you go in with a team you thought really hard about and it just doesn't work the way you expect because you forgot a minor detail on page 3 of the kit of the character you had to leave out. Sure I could read all the kits a dozenth time and maybe prevent my mistake, but I'd prefer to just turn it off and go read Steinbeck instead.

Or maybe you go against CLS/Chewie/Han, and the enemy Han shoots before yours to incapacitate 33% of your force immediately. It's a coin toss that decides the whole battle in a fraction of a second, because there aren't enough toons left to recover with, because the game isn't balanced for this.

In general, my opinion of the shakeups/bonuses in both GA and TW is this: I don't think any of them has been a home run so far, but am glad that it's not the same every time, and I hope the devs keep trying things.
  • if you can't find a team for C3PO and R2, try RJT with them in attack, it easily breaks a Bossk Team, and save few resistance members for other teams !

3v3 just feeks like a weak (and not very good) attempt to make things "fresh".... without CG actually doing anything content-wise to truly make things more engaging.

I agree. It was a pretty quick and dirty way to change things up, with little thought/work into it. IMO if they want 3v3 to be a thing then they need to actually put some effort into designing and expanding it into a different experience.

For example, make every Monday and Friday 3v3 only in arena (I won’t go into logistics, it’s not worth it). We’ve talked about mythic raids, how about making them 3 man squads to make the raids more challenging? Basically give us other places to use 3v3 and be able to test things out instead of the high stakes of GA.

Also, how about giving every character a new 3v3 only ability. This would be a great way to really make the gameplay unique as well as encourage us to develop wider rosters.
  • I like the different combinations. Would like to see more variety. perhaps 7v7? Or 9v9? or even 1v1 mode.
  • 7v7 and 9v9?? That's a pretty cramped screen. lol
  • I like the different combinations. Would like to see more variety. perhaps 7v7? Or 9v9? or even 1v1 mode.

Honestly, if they're looking for easy ways to "change it up", with little work on their part, simply allow 6 v 6 with the second slot also be a leader slot....the same way when you do an event or have an ally. It would be an easy implementation and allow for more synergy per squad...not less, like 3v3 does.

• ArthurDent wrote: »
    but I'd prefer to just turn it off and go read Steinbeck instead.

Haha. Well played. I actually can't decide if this is a comment on complicated kits or 20th century American literature.
    I like the different combinations. Would like to see more variety. perhaps 7v7? Or 9v9? or even 1v1 mode.

Honestly, if they're looking for easy ways to "change it up", with little work on their part, simply allow 6 v 6 with the second slot also be a leader slot....the same way when you do an event or have an ally. It would be an easy implementation and allow for more synergy per squad...not less, like 3v3 does.

That sounds messy though...

I really wouldn’t care what they do, just implement it throughout the game, and not just one spot. And a spot that basically comes around once a month, is competitive (discourages taking risks to try out teams), and you can’t make mod/gear changes during seasons.
    I like the different combinations. Would like to see more variety. perhaps 7v7? Or 9v9? or even 1v1 mode.

I really wouldn’t care what they do, just implement it throughout the game, and not just one spot. And a spot that basically comes around once a month, is competitive (discourages taking risks to try out teams), and you can’t make mod/gear changes during seasons.

As much as I love new things, adding two leader abilities to the mix is too much. That would lead to many combinations that are simply unbalanced. They need to find a different way to make things fresh, I'd say going back to the way the daily challenges were first implemented is a better idea. Attacker/Tank/Healers&Support allowed only in specific territories (Should be able to use all of them throughout the whole map, but limit to maybe just attackers and healers in one territory or tanks only etc.) would be a better way to try and get people to mix synergies rather than just cutting down team size or implementing extremely OP dual-leads. Could also make some territories have a defensive team guarding a wall that is guarding them in the way that we have raid mechanics that cause topples. Topple part of the wall to make it easier etc. (would need to have less teams on defense for this as the wall would assuredly make some teams too strong to be beaten without having more than enough offense, and then try to make people win based on efficiency and # of people standing etc.)

Basically anything that doesn't give us two leader abilities because that would just break an arena mode so very much.
  • Spharynx01 wrote: »
    if you can't find a team for C3PO and R2, try RJT with them in attack, it easily breaks a Bossk Team, and save few resistance members for other teams !

Where do you put BB8?
  • Vertigo wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

As much as I love new things, adding two leader abilities to the mix is too much. That would lead to many combinations that are simply unbalanced. They need to find a different way to make things fresh, I'd say going back to the way the daily challenges were first implemented is a better idea. Attacker/Tank/Healers&Support allowed only in specific territories (Should be able to use all of them throughout the whole map, but limit to maybe just attackers and healers in one territory or tanks only etc.) would be a better way to try and get people to mix synergies rather than just cutting down team size or implementing extremely OP dual-leads. Could also make some territories have a defensive team guarding a wall that is guarding them in the way that we have raid mechanics that cause topples. Topple part of the wall to make it easier etc. (would need to have less teams on defense for this as the wall would assuredly make some teams too strong to be beaten without having more than enough offense, and then try to make people win based on efficiency and # of people standing etc.)

Basically anything that doesn't give us two leader abilities because that would just break an arena mode so very much.

I agree on 2 leaders. As someone who likes to test and experiement around with different things, I’ve kind of just gotten frustrated with 3v3. Honestly frustrated with both GA and TW in general, but especially in 3v3. I want to try new teams and test things out but if it doesn’t work out I’m kind of just screwed.

Or just give us a testing grounds so we can fight our own teams and I can then prepare for 3v3 on my own. Allow us to only fight our own roster so we have to get the characters ourselves to be able to practice against them. Close it off during attack phases so we can’t just go mimic our opponents teams to do exact practice battles before. Then I’d be happy with 3v3 or other oddball game modes.
  • Vertigo wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

I agree on 2 leaders. As someone who likes to test and experiement around with different things, I’ve kind of just gotten frustrated with 3v3. Honestly frustrated with both GA and TW in general, but especially in 3v3. I want to try new teams and test things out but if it doesn’t work out I’m kind of just screwed.

Or just give us a testing grounds so we can fight our own teams and I can then prepare for 3v3 on my own. Allow us to only fight our own roster so we have to get the characters ourselves to be able to practice against them. Close it off during attack phases so we can’t just go mimic our opponents teams to do exact practice battles before. Then I’d be happy with 3v3 or other oddball game modes.

That would be nice, would still force you to farm characters to test against them, but would at least allow us to try things rather than just thinking hey maybe this will work, but not wanting to lose.
  • Just about every aspect of this game has been tested, cheeseballed and meta-sheeped to death.

At least for the time being 3v3 actually makes people think for themselves and take chances that *gasp* may not pay off.
  • GA 3v3 is literally my favourite part of the game
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Mzee wrote: »

Go ahead and boycott it 🤷🏻‍♂️

The problem with this argument is it is a competitive game where you compete with other players for rewards so this argument just doesn't work.
  • PepsiAddict
    311 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    Full disclosure: I find 3v3 stupid.

In 3v3 you usually build team from the typical meta teams at 5v5 but then the two toons that are left out are usually useless (exceptions exists such as NS, and Revan/Bastilla).

For example, I have 10 resistance toons at g12 (poor Rose) and can only use 6 of them because of synergy or lack of leader (I can’t find a leader for R2 and 3PO among my Rebels). Solo’s smugglers is the same thing: all the prepared squad at G12, but Vandor, Han and Lando are out because the team would be too slow and the three of them don’t have a leader to support them.

Please consider reducing the pace of 3v3 because it is infuriating to me that most of my teams and investment are just cut.

First of all: you do not know what “literally” means. 3v3 did NOT “literally destroy 40% of our investments.”

Secondly - something I am slowly learning myself: you don’t need a leadership ability to kill a team. Leadership is not quite as important in 3v3 as it is in 5v5.
    Example on current 3rd round: I’ve used all my good teams, have plenty of random toons left. His last defense team is 1 zeta Traya, no zeta Nihilus, no zeta Dooku. I’m looking at my lineup and know my Resistance Trooper packs a punch. So who else can I team him with? I go with FO SFTFP and TFP. The debuffs rained down and RT is using his special ability every turn. I slowly but surely [figuratively] killed Nihilus, then Traya, then Dooku.
    3v3 offense is a lot to do with mashups. I’m slowly learning this, but having fun doing it.
    Participation trophy? No. You want something: earn it.