Is Revan the least enjoyable meta?

Prev1
I've had Revan on one account since his first go round. Unlocked him on his second coming on another account. I've probably played over 500 mirror matches across those two accounts (maybe more). I would think at this point I have a good idea of the mechanics and how to win them.

I can say, unequivocally, this is the least enjoyment I've gotten out of arena. I lack so much enthusiasm for it that I basically stopped arena climbing on one of the accounts, since five Revan mirrors a day is more than one person should be subjected to.

Where's the rest of the community on this?

Traya v. Traya was fine - took some time but had a rhythm to it and there were counters. zEP v. zEP was similarly abhorrent to Revan due to the 100% TM coin flip and everybody basically always had 100% TM, but at least those matches were fast, and there were counters. CLS matches were great. Win or lose, they were over in under 2 minutes, and there were counters.

These Revan fights literally have periods of 15 to 20 seconds where you don't get to take a turn, you just watch the other turn go over and over again, and watch you counter attack. And the you get to watch them counter attack when it's your turn.

Anybody else tired of it, or is it just me?

Replies

• I like Revan in KOTOR, but I don't like him in SWGOH. I've had him since his first release, and at first it was okay since my shard didn't have too many, but now I just hate doing my arena battles. Some days I just don't do them. The Palpatine meta was much more bearable and enjoyable than this.
  • No, it’s not just you. I absolutely dislike the state of things in arena. Extremely bored with this aspect of the game. I just tru to enjoy the other areas minus fleet arena as well since the OT Falcon came out. I’m sure lots of OR fans are happy but I completely dislike the era and look forward to when we can finally put the OR in the dust bin.
  • No.... i may be tired of mirror matches but i enjoyed getting revan amd getting to first in arena.

Good times
  • I've played this game since launch and I can say without a shadow of a doubt that its just not fun to play right now. Its extremely frustrating to see the state of the game and where its headed.
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    No.... i may be tired of mirror matches but i enjoyed getting revan amd getting to first in arena.

Good times

Comments like this make me wonder if this is the point of Revan...to "rebalance" the game so that those that have been behind, not paying attention, whatever the case might be, get a quick and easy chance to catch up. You've got basically five easy farms and then you're on to the most powerful character the game has seen. Very different from other legendary requirements.

Not exactly sure how healthy that is for the game long term.
  • Cbd with mirror matches. Climb to 1 with Traya then switch to revan on defence
  • I use CLS, win or lose it’s over in 1.5-2 minutes
    Mirror matches look awful
    I can take 1st place pretty consistently w CLS
  • But yeah I do agree it’s a bit stale when all you ever fight is revan, ever..
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    No.... i may be tired of mirror matches but i enjoyed getting revan amd getting to first in arena.

Good times

Comments like this make me wonder if this is the point of Revan...to "rebalance" the game so that those that have been behind, not paying attention, whatever the case might be, get a quick and easy chance to catch up. You've got basically five easy farms and then you're on to the most powerful character the game has seen. Very different from other legendary requirements.

Not exactly sure how healthy that is for the game long term.

That's exactly what happened with Millennium Falcon as well.
  • What was the devs thinking with this meta? I just want to puke all over it. Find your spot in arena and just park there. So utterly boring
  • I'm used to play 10 arena games a day with traya to get back to #1, at about 2-3 minutes each it was good fun; now these mirror matches take a minimum of 4 and a half minutes - and a draw isn't fun.
    So now I play my minimum of 2 games a day for quest rewards; mirror matches are simply terrible, Jolee keeps reviving which makes it stupid.

The point that pushed me over was when time elapsed for a draw and both teams had all their toons alive. That was when I had my epiphany that this game really isn't fun anymore.
    Some things I would love to know is how does Revan get 2 direct focus on my toons at the same time as one of my toons struggles to shake it off (it's happened twice) and how can my Revan go first and target Revan and yet my opponent can get off it's 2nd direct focus before I can get my second one off?

I understand why the devs do this, it's to make money but can't you also make it fun?
    Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.
  • Dooku was the worst.
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Every meta has its ups and downs. Now I should state I started the last week of November 2017 so I haven’t seen a ton of metas. I should also say I’m a whale. My opinion is NOT going to be popular so all I ask is you take that in mind.

I’m not a big fan of the arena format. I love TW and GA but the format of arena, having to be available at a certain time of day, every day, drama, etc. is not much fun. So for me, arena has always been about whaling to build the best possible squad so that no one wants to hit me and I only have to do 1 or 2 fights a day. I don’t want it to be fair, I want to pay to win. Thus, when Revan came the first time I loved it. We have a pretty Whaley shard and had a fair number of Revans, but overall I didn’t drop out of top 10 ever and I didn’t have to spend much time doing arena. Perfect for what I wanted.

Fast forward to today, everyone has Revan, mods barely matter unless there is a massive differential between you and your opponent, I drop farther, I have to do more fights, and those fights take FOREVER.

So worst meta ever? Not at the start, but since the second round of Revans, absolutely.

Now having said that, I’m not complaining. I understand F2P people need their time in the sun and I don’t begrudge them of that. I’m also not going to complain when they next P2P meta comes around though :D
  • Depends how we're defining "worst meta ever". I like the character and his support characters, they are fun to play.

What is NOT fun is just how stupidly dominant and prolific he is in Squad Arena. Non-stop mirror matches that only come down to who has the better mods; and even then, a lot of games still end in a draw because 5 minutes is no longer enough to get through everyone's defences ... that's not fun. That's not fun at all.
    Nowadays, I usually do my two Squad Arena fights per day to fulfill my Daily Quests then check back periodically to see if I've fallen out of the top 100. If I have, I'll play another one to climb back up but if I haven't then I really can't be bothered to do any more. If I try, I can get into the top 50 but I don't want to as it's just not fun to go up against the same thing again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again ...
  • It's definitely no fun anymore - whatever you do, your strategy typically means diddly squat, assuming that you are able to see who to hit under all those buffs...
  • Best part of all this is that next meta is... another Revan + old Revan. Enjoy!
  • Could keep Revan as is but change arena so you have to use a different leader every time, or 3 battles per day but different team each time. Would work as long as it remains that nothing is a guarantee on defense. You'd still see the same teams being used, it would be a deeper pool than we have currently.
  • The main problem with revan is that he is pretty much top of the line in everything, top of the line Arena team (only meta), Imbalanced in GA 3v3, meta in 5v5, Still the best team for TW on both offence and defence. Best P2 hsith team, workable in p1.

For every problem the game throws up the answer is "revan".

No other meta has been that dominating nor has it been allowed to ruin the game for so long, this is actually making people who cared before leave. It has to be one of the worst implemented characters ever in terms of powerbalance.

Even if we do get a counter the problem remains, all other squads you have to invest in and they have weaknesses and strenghts, nothing is meta in both pve and pvp, most of the squads you have to work remarkably hard to even get it to remotly preform yet Revan is allowed to reign supreme. It's discouraging, kinda like when you are used to playing an MMO that loses controll over its ilvl system and you know they have to reset it yearly, even if revan gets a counter the new level of characters that has to come in the game has already pushed the balance into full jojo mode and a game never recovers from that without a reset.
  • Omeah wrote: »
    This is why people wanted Grievous to be Revan-killer, so he’d drop from his 80% meta. Now he’s risen up to 87%. Grievous should have been a hard-counter to Revan both defense and offense and the Squad Arena would be alive again.

Absolutely, especially if Grievous rework team could be taken down by traya, CLS, and JTR. Balance would have been restored and there would have been lots of options in the top 100 of arena. Now as everyone points out it is boring mirror matches until you just give up.
  • Miladog wrote: »
    Best part of all this is that next meta is... another Revan + old Revan. Enjoy!

And months more of KOTOR dominating the game :(
  • xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    Lets face it, revan needs a nerf, maybe bindo as well or the next meta toon is gonna have to be even more OP than revan, I personally,don't mind revan, my issue is with yoda, tm gain, buffs, foresight never ending, perhaps having a jedi able to rwvive a whole team is a bit much, sure 10p% to revive one, then a chance (%) to revive more with it getting lower and lower with each revive in one use.

This all start when chase happened, then CLS was far too good for the time he came out, same for JTR, so on so on, arena needs to be diverse, everyone needs to have a chance, with top 20, not just 1 team and the rest have to find a way to cheese for 5 minutes and end up drawing, all these metas, all these powerful teams, and yet they could all be countered and beat quickly, but revan? Very small chance of winning unless you are also running revan and high time out due to mirrors. I can 100% understand why people are sick and tired of it, something needs to change, and not just another HUGELY op toon to counter revan.

But hey! CG know best!

Or a nice counter or two that are not over powered. Balance needs to restored, especially against KOTOR leaders. Doesn't likely to happen soon as everyone seems to think the next Meta is Darth Revan.