Is Revan the least enjoyable meta?

2Next

Replies

• My shard is 14 months old....and it’s often been dominated by one meta!
    Currently Top 50 = 47 Revan, 1 Traya, 1 CLS/C3PO and 1 NSister
    @the beginning it was 100% Phoenix
    Then —>100% zEP
    Then —> A brief period with Bastila, EP, Qi’ra, NSisters, CLS and even BHs
    Then —> Revan (wave 1) = a few Revan, CLS, NS and Bastila
    Then —> Revan (wave 2) = 47/50 Revan

The middle section was the most fun :)
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    I got to ask, when has a meta ever been enjoyable?
    Meta switches are fun, other than that i never really enjoy arena so for me the least enjoyable meta is the one i drop the furthest on def. The most enjoyable is the one which takes the least effort to finish high.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • It's why I don't push for top 50 or even bother to try for top 100 most days. Only way in, reliably, is cracking out a meta team and fighting mirror matches and checking everyone's speed/mods. Turns Arena into a job. I hang out in the 101-300 range, which means I'm up and down Squad Store currency some days, but I don't have to spend crystals refreshing attempts, and don't have time outs.

I also get to find all sorts of other random teams that are doing their daily yo-yo on the leaderboard. Makes for entertaining matches.
  • leef wrote: »
    Meta switches are fun, other than that i never really enjoy arena so for me the least enjoyable meta is the one i drop the furthest on def. The most enjoyable is the one which takes the least effort to finish high.

Meta switches are fun...if you're on the right side of them! At least Traya had some difference in team comps (Nest / Thrawn / Trooper / EP were all involved at times). It wasn't 47 of one team comp and a few stragglers that left Hoda in for Bastila. It's the particularly low entertainment value of the mirrors which is irksome to me. Someone on here said arena was a job. It's sad at this point, but very true. GA is fun. Arena is something I have to do in order to get crystals. It doesn't have to be.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

Meta switches are fun...if you're on the right side of them! At least Traya had some difference in team comps (Nest / Thrawn / Trooper / EP were all involved at times). It wasn't 47 of one team comp and a few stragglers that left Hoda in for Bastila. It's the particularly low entertainment value of the mirrors which is irksome to me. Someone on here said arena was a job. It's sad at this point, but very true. GA is fun. Arena is something I have to do in order to get crystals. It doesn't have to be.

i do not consider what happened when revan's event returned a meta switch. His initial release was fun though. I had to change my team up in order to be able to consistandly win on offense.
    i personally don't mind the mirror matches that much, whether i battle revan 5 times in a row or i battle the same 3 teams 5 times each day for an extended period of time doesn't make that much of a difference to me.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I don't mind mirror matches generally, but Revan mirror matches are the worst because they take too long. I hate how if I'm a little bit distracted during the fight there's a chance I'll time-out. I can't stand arena matches that take the entire 5 minutes and I think time-outs should not be a thing (add 8x speed), so imo Revan is probably the least fun meta, but Bastila wasn't great either. Also I don't even think back in the CLS days it was this bad in terms of diversity, literally 48 of the top 50 on my shard are Revan.
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    This will be how the next cycles will look, nobody knows how much time this will go on. Do you think it will be different with Darth Revan? It will be exactly the same. They will give him something to make him more appealing than Jedi Revan, then you will have some months with whales bragging around for their shiny new 400$ mobile game line of code, then f2ps will get the thing, whales will complain because their 400$ have now jumped in the toilet, rinse and repeat.