Ship reinforcement materials: is 1 out of 30 sims a normal drop rate??!

Title says all...
When you are at 74/75 to max an ability....
Please, don’t come here with the usual mantra “in a great sample size the average drop rate is 33%....).
Come on! One should have a wonderful 2/2 or 3/3 several times for weeks to adjust this toward the pretended average....😬

Replies

• Like everyone else.... weeks of accidental drops farming something in ship battle nodes...
    Help me Contraband Cargo, you’re my only hope! 😆
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    I have a couple thousand I can spot you lol
  • The frequently-quoted ~33% figure is specifically for shards. Drop rates do vary for different things (ability mats, gear color, etc). Reinforcement mats are rarer than 33%, just like omegas are (I didn't even realize for months that higher Cantina battles advertise omegas as a possible drop, because it practically never happens).
  • ArthurDent wrote: »
    The frequently-quoted ~33% figure is specifically for shards. Drop rates do vary for different things (ability mats, gear color, etc). Reinforcement mats are rarer than 33%, just like omegas are (I didn't even realize for months that higher Cantina battles advertise omegas as a possible drop, because it practically never happens).

Yup. This exactly. Character shards drop 33% of the time, purple gear drops 20% of the time, and gold gear drops at a number in the teens. It's like 14-15% or something like that. I don't recall exactly.

Some items are DEFINITELY more rare. I don't know what the drop rate for omega mats on cantina nodes is, but I believe I farmed four full character to 7* from scratch in cantina before I got the first omega to drop from nodes they are supposedly on. And I think I finished all cantina node toons that have omega drops, and only got two total. So the rate is abysmal.

That said, even high drop rate stuff goes through dry spells. I've gone 0/30 plenty of times on characters even though I tracked drops for like a year, and I absolutely got 33% overall.