Update on the Finn/Threepio Raid Interaction: Resulting Finn Modifications [MEGA]

Replies

• KM1
    145 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Gama_Fox wrote: »
    We have over 1000 replies on this thread but not one comment from ANY of your staff regarding the vast majority of concerns laid out in this thread.

If you ACTUALLY cared about your players you would have responded or updated us on the situation. Congratulations you have lost another paying customer. I love this game but you genuinely don't deserve another penny from myself.
    If they were going to reply- and I have little doubt there will be a reply of some sort when it's not the weekend- what reason would they possibly have to give that reply here? This thread is full of torches and pitchforks and, "Show yourself so I can flame you!" and this thread moves so fast any response will be immediately dogpiled and buried, and this forum already has a section for dev announcements that would be infinitely more suited to the task.

No, I expect them on Reddit which is globally renowned for flame-free, reasoned posts. Oh wait, they did show up there? Only for GG? Ah! Guess they're not discouraged by torches... But why won't they engage on their own forums? Is it because the press doesn't come here?
    Well, at least we can identify who the covert CG/EA employees and apologists are who will applaud every CG move no matter how inane or insane.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    it has yet to happen, so yea... i agree he wasn't nerfed
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »

"Ha! Got 'em"
  • Nerfed, reworked or boosted, his kit was drastically changed and they need to refund our zetas. With Old Daka they messed her up way less and refunded us right away. This even creates praxis about the matter. If they don't refund us this time, it will be another policy change of less friendliness towards customers.
  • KM1 wrote: »
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Gama_Fox wrote: »
    We have over 1000 replies on this thread but not one comment from ANY of your staff regarding the vast majority of concerns laid out in this thread.

If you ACTUALLY cared about your players you would have responded or updated us on the situation. Congratulations you have lost another paying customer. I love this game but you genuinely don't deserve another penny from myself.
    If they were going to reply- and I have little doubt there will be a reply of some sort when it's not the weekend- what reason would they possibly have to give that reply here? This thread is full of torches and pitchforks and, "Show yourself so I can flame you!" and this thread moves so fast any response will be immediately dogpiled and buried, and this forum already has a section for dev announcements that would be infinitely more suited to the task.

No, I expect them on Reddit which is globally renowned for flame-free, reasoned posts. Oh wait, they did show up there? Only for GG? Ah! Guess they're not discouraged by torches... But why won't they engage on their own forums? Is it because the press doesn't come here?
    Well, at least we can identify who the covert CG/EA employees and apologists are who will applaud every CG move no matter how inane or insane.

And even then they only came out for GG because there’s still money to be made off him and the droids. No money in Finn refunds...
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

"Ha! Got 'em"

That almost made me spit out my coffee!

But seriously, change is coming, evaluate it when it comes to see if it’s crap or gold. Things can look good on paper, but turn out terrible (looking at you sep droids) or could be even better then before.

I’m fine with the changes. His leadership was definitely nerfed, but everything else was buffed. I’m interested in trying to find a use for him. My *only* issue/concern is that his zeta should be refunded. It’s not the ability I signed up for. At least let me reevaluate whether this new ability is still a worthwhile investment, don’t just make me swallow it.
  • Well, I put a zeta on my Finn to get JTR easily. Did I expect to ever have any remote use for it through TM? Not really. For STR I will always depend primarily on Revan team (I have to make it uber-fast and uber-tenacious for Arena anyway, and since it could solo one raid and comes close to soloing another, it is easy to consider it as being a must-have for the third raid as well), and a couple of other teams I use anyway in PVP events. Yes, a rebels team led by zFinn would make it in there, close to the end, ahead of jawas and sand people for sure, and ahead of clones (unless I play one of the adjusted sessions ofc).

Claims that zFinn is a real danger to Revan, well, my Arena top 100 looks more or less like this: 93 Revans, 7 Nightsisters. And no, I would be killing NS with Palpatine teams not Revan teams, but against a Revan team I would always, ivariably, use a speed-pumped Revan team with everything zetaed to kingdom-come. And guess what? There have only ever been 2 types of teams that can beat my defending Revan - NS zetaed to kingdom-come, and other Revan teams that have had the good fortune of having even higher speed than me.

So excuse my French, but zFinn was only ever remotely useful to those few souls who have C3PO and help their guild pass a single stage of a single raid faster (to be honest, I have not ever been in a guild where a single zFinn team actually has beaten 50% or more of the P3 HSTR, and if it takes as high an investment in gear as I think it does to do it, that person would have enough teams to pass 30% of the WHOLE raid on his own anyway, with or without Finn).
  • lol, I chuckled at the title, it's nice to see some Crowder fans out there.
    As far as OP's question goes, I've mentioned in another thread that my first impression is that I don't like the Finn change. It appears as if his leadership has been nerfed. However, none of us can really say for certain until we try him out ourselves or at least see him in action.
  • lol love the title
  • Altazarus wrote: »
    Well, I put a zeta on my Finn to get JTR easily. Did I expect to ever have any remote use for it through TM? Not really. For STR I will always depend primarily on Revan team (I have to make it uber-fast and uber-tenacious for Arena anyway, and since it could solo one raid and comes close to soloing another, it is easy to consider it as being a must-have for the third raid as well), and a couple of other teams I use anyway in PVP events. Yes, a rebels team led by zFinn would make it in there, close to the end, ahead of jawas and sand people for sure, and ahead of clones (unless I play one of the adjusted sessions ofc).

Claims that zFinn is a real danger to Revan, well, my Arena top 100 looks more or less like this: 93 Revans, 7 Nightsisters. And no, I would be killing NS with Palpatine teams not Revan teams, but against a Revan team I would always, ivariably, use a speed-pumped Revan team with everything zetaed to kingdom-come. And guess what? There have only ever been 2 types of teams that can beat my defending Revan - NS zetaed to kingdom-come, and other Revan teams that have had the good fortune of having even higher speed than me.

So excuse my French, but zFinn was only ever remotely useful to those few souls who have C3PO and help their guild pass a single stage of a single raid faster (to be honest, I have not ever been in a guild where a single zFinn team actually has beaten 50% or more of the P3 HSTR, and if it takes as high an investment in gear as I think it does to do it, that person would have enough teams to pass 30% of the WHOLE raid on his own anyway, with or without Finn).

Your post is so wrong and ignorant on so many levels.

1. zFinn can beat Revan. Just because your arena is full of Revan's, doesn't mean people aren't using Finn to beat Revan teams and then switching back to Revan for defence.

2. I have a CLS led rebels with C3P0 and get No. 1 or 2 spot every day in an old shard. So saying that only 2 teams can beat Revan is just stupid.

3. You claim zFinn was only useful for P3 of Sith raid? You literally obviously have no clue about how to play this game. have you ignored the 100s of posts saying how people regularly use Finn in GA/TW etc. as the TM expose train can take on pretty much any team?

4. I have used C3P0 in P3 of the sith raid about 10 times now - soloed it on Auto every single time. Never failed to solo it once. You obviously haven't seen it used properly.

Please don't make posts like this based purely on your own experience

SWGoH - TurgonGW
    Guild - Starchoppers - Feel free to help us in the Raids!
  • leef wrote: »

gRk1uZm.gif
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Gotta love the merges, so we lose all context and bury the other relevant posts.
  • The title says it all. Ready, go.

Thanks for merging my fantastically humorous titled thread with this garbage thread. You should have just said i hurt your feelings and deleted it all together .. **** poor admin action.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    The title says it all. Ready, go.

Thanks for merging my fantastically humorous titled thread with this garbage thread. You should have just said i hurt your feelings and deleted it all together .. **** poor admin action.

Ok now I am quite curious as to what this title is as there are now multiple posts "lol'ing" at the title and there is no title to be found... lol.

Anyway:

One does not simply

Not refund Finn's Zeta
  • Huh. So where 10 days past the announcement that the player base will be punished as a whole on behalf of the developers continually never testing released characters in raids + eliminating the small sliver of meta competition. And the only thing even stated in relation to Finn and Sith is...

"were still nerfing Finn, your opinions have, and always will be worthless."

"Grievous is pretty mediocre but he should be great in raids."

"Were on to you about Droideka's interaction in our most precious phase after you guys used him in the raid since we didnt do one test run with seperatists, but yes Grievous has raid potential."
  • We don't need no game controllers
    We don't need no thought control
    No darn sarcasm in the forums
    Devs just leave them heroes alone

Hey Devs leave them heroes alone.
    All in all you're just another brick in the wall..

I love this post, like I love the album of pink Floyd.
    One of the best comments in this forum ever.
  • Jeez... Finn nerf, crappy Grevious rework and a seemingly untested Droideka in the sith raid. I think someone at CG tied everyone's shoelaces together to watch them stumble over everything
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Gryf wrote: »
    Jeez... Finn nerf, crappy Grevious rework and a seemingly untested Droideka in the sith raid. I think someone at CG tied everyone's shoelaces together to watch them stumble over everything

Not even to mention the recent hated TW banning, and doubling of Marque prices.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Gorem wrote: »
    Gryf wrote: »
    Jeez... Finn nerf, crappy Grevious rework and a seemingly untested Droideka in the sith raid. I think someone at CG tied everyone's shoelaces together to watch them stumble over everything

Not even to mention the recent hated TW banning, and doubling of Marque prices.

And crappy GA mode !!!
  • KM1
    145 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Going to update and post this every day until the devs show they care enough to respond to us and acknowledge our feedback.
    35 pages of community(customer/player) feedback and over 1000 comments later, we have seen neither hide nor hair of a single CG community manger. Fortunately the CG community managers show up on Reddit on the inadequate GG rework. However, here's hoping their internal forums will be graced by their presence at some point in time.
    In the meanwhile, let us reiterate what so much of their community who actually use zFinn (vs the armchair generals who are reticent to share their swgoh.gg profiles lest we see they're academicians and not actual players) would like. Here are options we would like in order of decreasing favourability
    1. Don't do the rework nerf at all (come on, it's P3 of an over year old raid)- don't make us leave guilds who are only now approaching the HST raids because we otherwise become uncompetitive in GA.
    2. Modify Treya post-topple in the HSTR P3
    3. Make the rework nerf only active in the HSTR (a simple coding change). Even make it a %ge chance of TM gain in the raids...
    4. Refund the zetas and gear on zFinn (he's a whole different character than the one we invested in)
    5. Refund just the zeta on zFinn
    For the love of God @CG_Carrie @CG_TopHat @CG_SBCrumb, engage with your community on the rework nerf you supposedly dropped for comment (quote " We look forward to your feedback on this proposed change.")
  • @altazarus my zfinn team did 89% of p3 of the Sith raid yesterday, in my opinion that interaction was a blessing for us under powered guilds who still can't do the heroic Sith raid. We recruit for people to help us complete it but generally get people in the 400k range GP which doesn't help. I could have soloed p3 but it already had 11% completed when I started.h42ywaci4blr.jpg
  • Don’t rework(nerf) Finn! Thanks
  • Please refund the zeta.
  • @CG_SBCrumb @CG_CapGaSP @CG_Carrie @CG_TopHat

The fact that you remain silent just goes to show your promise of increased communication is a flat out lie. You have given the community absolutely no reason to trust anything you ever say again.
    Your decision making has been poor at best the last year and it shows. The rank in the App Store says enough. It’s falling faster than Palpatine down the energy shaft.
    You decide to increase marquee pack prices to force purchases of crystals which everyone has blasted yet no response.

Try communicating. It’ll go a long way, but as we’ve seen for a long time, you are incapable of it.

#F2Psince2016.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    The fact that you remain silent just goes to show your promise of increased communication is a flat out lie. You have given the community absolutely no reason to trust anything you ever say again.
    Your decision making has been poor at best the last year and it shows. The rank in the App Store says enough. It’s falling faster than Palpatine down the energy shaft.
    You decide to increase marquee pack prices to force purchases of crystals which everyone has blasted yet no response.

Try communicating. It’ll go a long way, but as we’ve seen for a long time, you are incapable of it.

#F2Psince2016.
    Yeah, that's gonna convince them they're in for a healthy and productive chat with you.
    Still not a he.
  • Alteisen76 wrote: »
    We don't need no game controllers
    We don't need no thought control
    No darn sarcasm in the forums
    Devs just leave them heroes alone

Hey Devs leave them heroes alone.
    All in all you're just another brick in the wall..

I love this post, like I love the album of pink Floyd.
    One of the best comments in this forum ever.

Thank you :) You may enjoy our ongoing silliness.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/183631/cantina-karaoke/p1
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    HarryTDF wrote: »
    Don’t rework(nerf) Finn! Thanks

This of course being the best outcome, or rather, rework everything of Finn but his lead, I'd love that new kit he's gonna get with his old lead. Make him a beast in raids and help take out Nest in pvp.

The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round
    The wheels on the bus go round and round, all the way to the Finn zeta Refund

• YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

#F2Psince2016.
    Yeah, that's gonna convince them they're in for a healthy and productive chat with you.

Perhaps if they didn’t wait over a week to respond to this thread, even once, more people would be calmer and willing to discuss things in a more civilized manner.
    Almost two weeks without so much as a peep? They better expect many to be angry and cynical. Your cynicism and sarcasm, and unbearably naive defense of all their mistakes isn’t really helpful either ;)
This discussion has been closed.