2019 so far

Prev1
Holy_warrior
116 posts Member
edited February 2019
Well it’s been a terrible start to the year so far, whatever do we have next? Over powered padme with Jar Jar Binks to rule the Arena? Stay tuned to SWGOH.

No seriously, of all the years playing, this has been the worst yearly quarter to date. Maybe it’s time to release to some content, not more characters. Focus on buffing up the core game not peeing off the dedicated fans with garbage reworks? Bit of a shout out to everyone who used zetas on GG and Finn!

Replies

• SmurfLAX28
    288 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    The only "exciting" thing in the recent 2018 calendar year has been this obnoxious sith raid that they still care wayyyyyy too much about protecting and Grand Arena. Everything else has just been a bunch of very obviously monetized toons, really the only bone thrown our way in terms of that was the "early" timeframe JTR came back because how vital that squad is to said obnoxious raid.

This game has and always will be based on getting people to spend on characters they don't have or spending on toons that no one has invested in. Their data probably says that new exciting content isn't remotely worth the time and resources on their end.
  • The game is dead until they move on from Carrie. The game turned south exactly when she joined.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    We need :
    1. A ship raid
    2. Mythic/arcade raids
    3. New tiers in the challenges
    4. New tiers in rotating battles(military might, places of power, etc)
    5. Hard/easy mode selector in GW
    6. Tweaks in GG’s team
    7. Road aheads on time
    8. State of the galaxy?
    9. No more JKR type paywalls. (Looking at you Darth Revan)
    10. Those qol items already revealed
    11. Perhaps an extended time so timeouts are rarer
    12. New toons in the stores ( I know, I know what they’ve said.)
    13. New capital ship
    14. Training/playground mode
    15. Clone rework
    16. Mod management improvements
    17. Q &A session
    18. Perhaps a free toon( nothing game breaking, but fun)
    19. Kyno for official community manager

I dunno, just spitballin here.
    Post edited by Iy4oy4s on
  • Sounds great, has my approval (but is worthless to anyone)
  • Well it’s been a terrible start to the year so far, whatever do we have next? Over powered padme with Jar Jar Binks to rule the Arena? Stay tuned to SWGOH.

No seriously, of all the years playing, this has been the worst yearly quarter to date. Maybe it’s time to release to some content, not more characters. Focus on buffing up the core game not peeing off the dedicated fans with garbage reworks? Bit of a shout out to everyone who used zetas on GG and Finn!

Used to think this way, but with current arena - No way :sweat_smile:
  • Bunch of people are still not done farming the kotor toons for Jedi knight revan. And they have still to farm next the bounty hunters ship for millenium falcon and after that the kotor toons for darth revan. It s getting too much farming behind
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Only good thing about this quarter will be the rancor raid sim feature that is due before April
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    We need :
    1. A ship raid

The only thing that could possibly generate some revenue is this... Everything else is WAYYYYYYYYY too far down on their priorities to bother doing something for the fans
  • DaveB
    16 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    I would be happy if they let places 11-50 pick which G12+ pieces they obtain in the Sith raid.
    We need :
    1. A ship raid
    2. Mythic/arcade raids
    6. Tweaks in GG’s team
    7. Road aheads on time
    8. State of the galaxy?
    13. New capital ship
    15. Clone rework
    17. Q &A session

Yes, Please

All of this.
  • The Grievous scam was a bit low move and got me sad. Feel sorry for the devs who had nothing to do with this false advertising.
    We need :
    1. A ship raid
    2. Mythic/arcade raids
    6. Tweaks in GG’s team
    7. Road aheads on time
    8. State of the galaxy?
    13. New capital ship
    15. Clone rework
    17. Q &A session

Yes, Please

All of this.

Or half of this. Or even a third of this.
  • The Grievous scam was a bit low move and got me sad. Feel sorry for the devs who had nothing to do with this false advertising.

Wasn’t devs advertising this, was a couple youtubers (working along side with ea) which is even worse. They can’t advertise their own content.
    We need :
    1. A ship raid
    2. Mythic/arcade raids
    6. Tweaks in GG’s team
    7. Road aheads on time
    8. State of the galaxy?
    13. New capital ship
    15. Clone rework
    17. Q &A session

Agreed with 17/18.
    Pretty spot on!
    👏👏👏👏
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    The Grievous scam was a bit low move and got me sad. Feel sorry for the devs who had nothing to do with this false advertising.

Wasn’t devs advertising this, was a couple youtubers (working along side with ea) which is even worse. They can’t advertise their own content.

No. Youtubers were provided footage to display.... which is how that always works.

The issue was the footage was misleading and was done with that intent.

Ahnold and the others were taken for a ride like we were.

Hell he even spent his own money in hopes that he could copy the footage.

Blaming him is just plan wrong. You should feel bad how easily they took him... not how a dude whos been begging for a rework for over a year was hyped when he got a video of a rework that looked way better than reality
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    The Grievous scam was a bit low move and got me sad. Feel sorry for the devs who had nothing to do with this false advertising.

No. Youtubers were provided footage to display.... which is how that always works.

The issue was the footage was misleading and was done with that intent.

Ahnold and the others were taken for a ride like we were.

Hell he even spent his own monry in hopes that he could copy the footage.

Blaming him is just plan wrong. You should feel bad how easily the took him... not how a dude whos been begging for a rework for ocer a year was hyped when he got a video of a rework that looked way better than reality

I’m sleepy.. i mean this is bad of ea to let youtubers publish their work, why couldn’t EA do it? I’m not blaming the you tubers at all. They’re just doing what they do. I watched him spend over $300 on a mobile game its plain ridiculous but there we go. I’m glad they let youtubers test drive the new characters and stuff but ya know. EA should be showcasing their work. I do blame the you tubers spending £££ encouraging behaviour for ea to carry on manipulating the player base. No one should be paying for anything right now.
  • I know some of you like KOTOR but it has been a disaster since they brought out JKR. A meta that has completely ruined the Arena. I see nothing but complaining about the state of things. I have zero faith the next shiny Darth whatever thing will fix the current problems since they have let so many of us down with the Grevious rework. The community was very excited and it has become a complete debacle. Right now it seems 2 tries KOTOR and everything else. Too bad for most of us.
    We need :
    1. A ship raid
    2. Mythic/arcade raids
    6. Tweaks in GG’s team
    7. Road aheads on time
    8. State of the galaxy?
    13. New capital ship
    15. Clone rework
    17. Q &A session

Agreed with 17/18.
    Pretty spot on!
    👏👏👏👏

List is missing an engaged community manager
  • SWGoKOTOR
  • Yeah all of the kotor lovers cried for Revan and now that we got him he’s ruining the game so thanks 👍
  • Olddumper wrote: »
    The game is dead until they move on from Carrie. The game turned south exactly when she joined.

What a pleasant thing to say.

Go you.
  • CHFC22 wrote: »
    Olddumper wrote: »
    The game is dead until they move on from Carrie. The game turned south exactly when she joined.

Go you.

What he’s saying isn’t 100%. Haven’t really been good decision making since she’s taken over but I’m confident in the team
  • Fives5555 wrote: »
    CHFC22 wrote: »

Go you.

What he’s saying isn’t 100%. Haven’t really been good decision making since she’s taken over but I’m confident in the team

It's 0%. Actively wanting someone out of the job. Genuinely hope it's a kid as no fully functioning adult could think like that
  • CHFC22 wrote: »
    Fives5555 wrote: »

Go you.

It's 0%. Actively wanting someone out of the job. Genuinely hope it's a kid as no fully functioning adult could think like that

You think too highly of your fellow man
  • You are all so negative. I loved how the year began with the second coming of Revan! B) Mirror matches might not be fun, I agree on that. But at least it made f2p players (especially from guilds who can't do hstr yet) who focused on him and well-modded Jedi around him, able to compete with the high end of the arena shards for a while, including the whales.
    As for the droid rework, I can't believe how many people really believed in the hype that it could become the next meta. I learned from Cad Bane's rework to never expect too much, and was pretty sure from the beginning that Grievous is only distraction - still as viable as a common legendary though, while the next real meta will definitely be Sith again. And don't forget, when you watch youtube videos made by the game changers, they are not only advertising the game, but also themselves. Some of them are quite enjoyable, but with childish claims like "I will delete my youtube channel bla bla", that one youtuber you know who I mean, actually provoked the overhype and deserved to fall for the trick. I rather watch videos that focus on content and real theory crafting, not showmanship.
  • I’m glad you have enjoyed this fun filled quarterly. Can’t say many others have!
  • Olddumper wrote: »

Correct. Get rid of her she is rubbish plus a liar
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    It's been great so far
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Fives5555 wrote: »

Go you.

Excuse me, wut? The moral superiority complex is strong with this one. No functioning adult would ever think that someone who is bad at their job should move on? Seriously?

Turn the hyperbole WAY down.

Now, if you think all of CG's decisions have been outstanding for the past 18 months or so, that's your prerogative. But if there are those who think someone is bad at the job they are doing, why is it childlike to want someone else to take over the reigns? Someone that might do a better job?

That's not how the real world works - like it or not.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*