Dodging while fractured....

... shouldn’t be a thing.

In a GA battle, my Thrawn fractured Zavage, and Death Trooper used special to inflict Deathmark and Zavage dodged. I feel like the Fracture mechanic should prevent the ability to evade the same way Stun does.

Fortunately I didn’t lose the match, but it was close

Replies

• Dwinkelm wrote: »
    ... shouldn’t be a thing.

In a GA battle, my Thrawn fractured Zavage, and Death Trooper used special to inflict Deathmark and Zavage dodged. I feel like the Fracture mechanic should prevent the ability to evade the same way Stun does.

Fortunately I didn’t lose the match, but it was close

Well logically if u fractured ur arm u could still dodge. If u fractured ur leg u could still hop away. But if u were stunned then well it doesnt make sense.

But guess what, i hate the dodge mechanic. They shpuld just remove it entirely and give those dodge leads a change.
  • Well, the AI does whatever it wants sometimes. Heck there were times in GA I was seeing characters do attacks with 3-4 cooldowns immediately after I brought a team in when they just used that ability right before I lost with the previous team.

As far as Dodge, the AI uses dodge to "explain" why it won sometimes. That's why Tie Fighter can dodge 4 times in a row (especially when it's the last ship left). "Oh but that's just RNG...." Yeah, when one of my ships dodges 4 times in a row even once, then I'll say "sure, okay."

As far as fracture, it is a stun. The character can't respond, can't move, can't do anything. But, can still dodge? I'm sure it's just a bug they'll get to in a couple years. Same as the bug with Hound's Tooth that hasn't been fixed since it was released last year.
  • I don’t think it’s a bug, it’s just not part of fracture. As far as I know it never claims that anywhere. Stun used to be the same way, then during the dodge meta they changed it so you can’t dodge while stunned. While it would make sense to not be able to dodge while fractured, I doubt they add that. Dodge needed a nerf at the time the stun change was made, and that was a logical way to help. With no dodge meta in sight and numerous other ways to counter it now, it’s not really a pressing issue.
  • Personally, I think a fractured toon should be akin to a dead fish; unable to dodge, move, gain TM, resist debuffs, gain debuffs, counter, etc. That's just not the way it works though, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.