Darth Revan timeline?

Replies

• Event will start March 14. It will be Revan. I've been saying that for a while now.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • The question is, when will the HK rework be announced? I'm guessing around March 7, which will be when they spring the announcement for the event on us.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • And the deathmark I think will be in HK's kit, while Darth Revan will still apply Marked. Which is why Badstila has synergy with both Deathmark and Marked.
  • And the deathmark I think will be in HK's kit, while Darth Revan will still apply Marked. Which is why Badstila has synergy with both Deathmark and Marked.

Which is dumb because Bastila was NEVER Darth Revan's apprentice. She was Darth Malak's apprentice for a short time. Darth Malak was Revan's apprentice.

CG really messed up all the KOTOR stuff if we are talking in terms of timeline/lore.

But you are probably right.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Roken_Fett wrote: »
    And the deathmark I think will be in HK's kit, while Darth Revan will still apply Marked. Which is why Badstila has synergy with both Deathmark and Marked.

Which is dumb because Bastila was NEVER Darth Revan's apprentice. She was Darth Malak's apprentice for a short time. Darth Malak was Revan's apprentice.

CG really messed up all the KOTOR stuff if we are talking in terms of timeline/lore.

Why would BSF have to have been Darth Revan's apprentice to take advantage of Deathmark? Or anything that he may apply?
  • I'm starting to think @Kokie is right here. It's been far too long for them to surprise anyone with a Darth KOTOR character that is going to be meta defining. Half of my shard has most of these guys farmed to the point where there will be no panic farms. Maybe by the other half of the shard? I don't know. If you scrimped and saved or spent for Revan the first time around, you probably learned a thing or two and farmed like mad once those toons became available (I mostly bought Carth from shipments while he was in them).

The only place for them to make money would be if it were a legendary (HK / BSF / Canderous / Carth / Juhani) AND it was along the lines of Chewie / C3PO difficulty. Especially if the character were intended to be a hard counter to Revan. I can only imagine the fury unleashed if that were the case. From my perspective, I've been looking for a good reason to gear that squad anyway, so I would welcome it :smile:
  • StarSon wrote: »
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    And the deathmark I think will be in HK's kit, while Darth Revan will still apply Marked. Which is why Badstila has synergy with both Deathmark and Marked.

Why would BSF have to have been Darth Revan's apprentice to take advantage of Deathmark? Or anything that he may apply?

Because her having synergy with him makes almost zero sense.

IIRC, Hot Topic Bastila could be recruited by a DS Revan as your apprentice to overthrow Malak and regain the mantle of Sith Lord.
  • Azudelphi wrote: »

IIRC, Hot Topic Bastila could be recruited by a DS Revan as your apprentice to overthrow Malak and regain the mantle of Sith Lord.

Yeah, but that's not the "official" story. You could also make Revan female, but that's not true either.

Officially Malak turned Bastila and Revan brought her back to the light.
  • Per Azudelphi's post, the original game had a light side and dark side ending. In the dark side ending you kill Malak and use the Star forge against the republic. I personally still expect them to come out with a legendary Malak before they come out with DR. But this wouldn't surprise me, and I hate Malak's weird skin tight outfit anyways.
    Azudelphi wrote: »

Yeah, but that's not the "official" story. You could also make Revan female, but that's not true either.

I think SWGOH can take some liberties given that the "canon" of Revan (and most of the OR era) is still not officially canon.
  • Azudelphi wrote: »

I think SWGOH can take some liberties given that the "canon" of Revan (and most of the OR era) is still not officially canon.

But it's not SOME liberties, they are changing everything. lol
  • February 20th - Last two characters added to table.

March 13th - Event ends giving us all 21 days from F2P to get all characters to 7*

Wow, you think so? The Jedi Revan event started 21 days after the last OR characters became farmable for a total of 28 days until the event ended...and they took a LOT of heat over that. You think they're going to decrease the total time this time around? I can't see them doing anything on a shorter timeline than they used for Jedi Revan.
    StarSon wrote: »

Because her having synergy with him makes almost zero sense.

Why is it different than Tusken Shaman having synergy with Vader and Wampa?
  • I still don't understand why people make up event schedules in their heads and then come here and proclaim them as unassailable truth.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

So then "officially" Darth Revan doesn't exist at all?
  • I keep wondering why people keep on assuming that JKRevan will be 'continuing his journey' into Darth Revan. Darth Revan-- at least in the sense that people keep referring to him, the terrifying threat that returned to Republic Space after smashing the Mandalorians-- isn't the future of JKRevan; he's the past. JKRevan is specifically stated to be the _post redemption_ Revan, wearing the armor you get in **** near the endgame; that's why characters who start in the game itself, like Mission and Z, are required to get him-- the Ancient Journey is his "return to the Light" aka the KOTOR story itself.

So it's bugged me that people keep thinking what we have is the Jedi who left the Council's rules behind to smash the Mandalorian Neo-Crusaders. They then go on to think that the Darth Revan whom we really only get whispers of is the character who's coming up. *shrugs* It's also a pretty good sign that anybody speculating about a "continuing journey" isn't actually paying attention to what's been said about our current Revan.

Honestly, it's sort of a painted-into-the-corner moment. AFAIK, Fallen Bastila falls in the middle of the game; and-- yep, just checked Wookiepedia, pretty much every character we have right now has very little to do with pre-Mandalore Revan. Juhani is freed from slavery by him on the way out, I suppose, but Canderous, while a Mandalorian, doesn't have much to do with DR other than being one of the Mandalorians forced to completely disarm by Revan's outbound attacks.

And, of course, given how messy even the stuff that happens before and after the game(s) are, there's even arguments as to when pre-KOTOR Revan fell, whether after Mandalore the Ultimate told him about the Emperor, during the campaign against the Neo-Crusaders, or even before they left, as some jedi theorize in game. As a result, we don't really have a build-up to the pre-game Fallen Revan.

Huh. Actually...

If you think about it, given who we recently got-- Carth, Juhani, Canderous, Fallen Bastila, I could honestly see the Darth Revan who's coming up as NOT the builder of the Mass Shadow Generator, but a Dark Side post-KOTOR Revan, instead. After all, while the various Legends sources presume a Light Side, male Revan who romanced a redeemed Bastila, and that's the 'canon ending' so far as it goes, you can GET a Dark Side victory; you can even get Carth trying to pursue and redeem you (or kill you) if you're playing a female darksider. Juhani's an option for a romance for a female Revan, too, but only as a lightsider as far as I know.

I suspect we're going to get pre-game Darth Revan, but I would honestly applaud CG far more if they provided a coequal post-game Darth Revan. I always play light side but having both light and dark ending Revans would be a nice nod to the player choices.
  • Kokie wrote: »
    Standing by my statement that neither revan or malak are coming anytime soon

What other Triple Zeta Sith character with HK47 synergy could be coming?

The HK47 Zeta and the triple zeta rule out Malak. Darth Revan is the only character that makes sense.
  • Jarvind wrote: »
    I still don't understand why people make up event schedules in their heads and then come here and proclaim them as unassailable truth.

You saw the question mark in the TITLE, right?
  • February 20th - Last two characters added to table.

March 13th - Event ends giving us all 21 days from F2P to get all characters to 7*

Wow, you think so? The Jedi Revan event started 21 days after the last OR characters became farmable for a total of 28 days until the event ended...and they took a LOT of heat over that. You think they're going to decrease the total time this time around? I can't see them doing anything on a shorter timeline than they used for Jedi Revan.

21 day schedule is certainly possible.

We have 2 characters instead of 3 released in the last shard shuffle and people are more prepared this time.

I hope I am wrong and we have an extra week.

(eye roll emoji)
  • Good assessment.
    But based on last Revan event, I would say March 14th event start.

Last toons for first event were dropped 9/26
    Event was 10/18.

I except HK47 rework between now and the 7th
  • xxragnarjsxx
    244 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    StarSon wrote: »
    February 20th - Last two characters added to table.

March 2nd - Puzzle

March 5th - Kit released

March 7th - Event begins

Thankfully, they have to give a week's notice, which means the earliest possible start date is now 3/14.
    EdSolo wrote: »
    Who knows if it is Darth Revan or Darth Malak

Everyone. Everyone knows that it's Darth Revan, because HK in a Malak team doesn't make sense at all.

This^^^^^
    All of it. 👏👏
    💯

It depends on which Darth Revan. They could go with a noncanon ending, like I said; or they could go with the pre-game Darth Revan. If they go with the pre-game DR, though, none of the characters we have in game have any relation to that DR except JKRevan-- and JKRevan is the future of that DR, not a step along the journey there.
  • It’s possible a new hero event runs at the same time a legendary does. So I’d be farming like it was 3/14. But if it is 3/21, that’s better for all of us.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Looking more likely no darth revan in the near future
  • Donrob
    37 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Kokie wrote: »
    Looking more likely no darth revan in the near future

Judging by the calendar, it’s starting to look that way.

Wishful thinking, calendar never shows new events, they’re separate announcements. With the addition of more and more journey/legendary on rotation there’s bound to be overlaps moving forward. Plus C3PO back on 7th actually gives me more reason to blieve it’s the 14th for Darth Revan.

Also not sure why people are thinking that there should be a puzzle/reveal. We’ve already technically had that in the original Revan puzzle and ancient journey announcement - hero, villain, saviour, conqueror.