Scheduled Update 2/27/2019 and March Event Calendar [MEGA]

Prev134
DEV POST
CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
Hi Holotable Heroes!
Today, 2/27/2019, we have a Scheduled Update to prepare for March.

GENERAL UPDATE NOTES:
  • Added Sith Marauder as Daily Login Character for March

TERRITORY WAR - MARCH BONUSES:
Clone Troopers
Army of the Galactic Republic: At the start of battle, Clone Troopers gain 50% Health, 50% Protection, 50% Offense, and 50% Defense for each Clone Trooper ally. Clone Troopers gain 100% Critical Chance and 100% Critical Damage while they have no debuffs. When they attack out of turn, Clone Troopers dispel all debuffs on other Clone Trooper allies, dispel all buffs on the target enemy, and gain 20% Turn Meter.

Geonosians - NEW!
Industry of War: At the start of battle, Geonosians gain 35% Max Health and 70% Max Protection for each other Geonosian ally. When a Geonosian ally uses an ability, they gain Foresight for 1 turn.

Heavy Artillery: Call heavy artillery to destroy target enemy and another random enemy, which can't be evaded. When a Geonosian ally uses an ability, they reduce this ability's cooldown by 1. This cooldown can't be reduced any other way, is shared across all Geonosian allies, and starts on cooldown. (Cooldown 3)

Developer Insight:
Being an industrious race, the Geonosians are constantly constructing weapons of war. With Industry of War, Geonosian warriors can call on the worker drones to build these war machines (the cooldown reduction mechanic) and use them to rain destructive fire on enemies.

MARCH EVENT PREVIEW:

DISCLAIMER: ALL DATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.

Want to learn more about what’s coming up in the Month of March for SWGOH? Head on over to Gaming-Fans.com

ログインキャラ、イベントの詳細スケジュールを日本語でご覧になりたい方は
http://swgoh.blog.jp/ を御覧ください。

DEV POST

Replies

• Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Now I need to learn Japanese to understand the monthly calendar??
  • Why do you continue releasing the monthly event calenders via third party sites first?
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Can we please go back to publishing the calendar here first? Not only is that site ad-ridden, the link takes me to the February calendar.

And yes, I can see the CDN message on the site, and I'm aware of the deals you have with the site, it just seems crazy that official information is not first shared through the official forums.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Can we please go back to publishing the calendar here first? Not only is that site ad-ridden, the link takes me to the February calendar.

http://swgoh.blog.jp/archives/28454843.html
  • I have to be reading something wrong on Heavy Artilllery. Cooldown of 3 and reduced when a Geo uses an ability? That could be as early as the 2nd character on our team to take a turn.
  • Ultra wrote: »

Its will be available in English from Gaming-Fans shortly. Looks like his site is taking a moment to update.

Also, we will be posting the calendar on the forums in the future.
  • I noticed a lack of Bounty Hunter I and II on the calendar.
  • Does heavy artillery ohko 2 toons? Or am I taking the meaning of destroy wrong?
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »

Its will be available in English from Gaming-Fans shortly. Looks like his site is taking a moment to update.

Thanks.

ちょっとの間、私は日本語が今後コミュニケーションをとる唯一の方法であろうと思いました
  • Ultra wrote: »

http://swgoh.blog.jp/archives/28454843.html

Cheers. Sticking with my point though, if only to avoid these frankly awful translations:
    klb52pgxct83.jpg
  • IgneoMorte
    253 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    I’m assuming Geo Soldiers have to be used on Offense to use the Special Ability? @CG_SBCrumb
  • EnderGamer87
    633 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Can we have GA no longer be 5v5 then? Since having 9 matches a month with the usual 4 matches on top of other content there will be lots more burnout. Fighting the same meta teams over and over is getting boring. People play other mobile games as well, and spending 2 hours on one game is kind of an overload.
  • I will not be using an ad-ridden garbage dump of a site for information that should be on the forum.
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    edited February 2019

Thanks.

それは楽しいだろうがいいえ

Whazn wrote: »
    Does heavy artillery ohko 2 toons? Or am I taking the meaning of destroy wrong?
    Yes, it's similar to Darth Nihilus' Annihilate but without preventing revives
  • Thanks for another reason to work on my geos! Just needed an excuse to gear them up for ships.
  • I feel like this may be a clue for an event. Anyone else?
  • English please
  • So every two turns a geonosian squad will defeat two enemies. I’m assuming the defeated enemies can still be revived?
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

Thanks.

それは楽しいだろうがいいえ

Yes, it's similar to Darth Nihilus' Annihilate

Not quite. It doesn't stay they can't be revived.

Splitting geos in groups of 2 and protection from tanks could be a possibility
  • @CG_SBCrumb Are Galactic Bounties I and II suppose to be on the calendar for March?
  • それはとても楽しいだろう。
    Should be fun. -

Hmm... Is there something more to this?
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Man do I miss when bonuses were just fun things that slightly made you better and were not op for no reason at all other then to make us waste resources on bad characters that are useless in every other aspect of the game.

Giving Geo's a double annihilate. lol. With constant foresight and a buff that makes them super tanky. Gonna be great fun.

And back to waiting for the Chalendar to be on an English site not ruined with advertisements.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Crumb,

We haven't had a puzzle in a while. I miss them. I hope the next one is due soon, and has some surprises beyond the obvious "Gammorean Guard" ;)
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

Thanks.

それは楽しいだろうがいいえ

Yes, it's similar to Darth Nihilus' Annihilate

Not quite. It doesn't stay they can't be revived.

Splitting geos in groups of 2 and protection from tanks could be a possibility
    Correct, it doesn't prevent revives. I was only referring to how it destroys a unit without technically dealing damage. Updated my previous post
  • @CG_Carrie , @CG_SBCrumb
    Thanks for the upcoming schedule.

What my real concern is, why has no dev responded to the red hot thread that is the Finn nerf with stern language of no zeta refund?

The Finn zeta has been around for 2 years plus, and cg is on record saying his leadership is working as intended and the problem is in the interaction with the Sith raid (we're now seeing 2 new teams or characters that have problematic interactions with p3 as well in cls and droideka). Additionally, the precedent has already been set when major changes like this happen, namely zarriss and daka (who wasn't even primarily affected).

To drop a bombshell on the way out the door on a Friday that you're going to change a long standing, heavily invested character with no option of zeta refund and still not address it to date (even though that forum page has 36 pages to date of venomous outrage, largely in part to the communication and handling) is more distressing than all this disappointing grievous business to me. I hope you and your team make this right by either rethinking the Finn leadership nerf or rework, whichever you prefer, or by allowing us the opportunity to get our investment of time and resources back (namely just the zeta). Also, a little communication goes a long way as was proven here, and if you haven't noticed yet you'd need a riot shield you walk into that room at this point due to the neglect.

An afterthought, I'm far far away from free to play, but this particular issue has me on a spending freeze, as it concerns me that my investments are not only short of keeping me relevant, but subject to change without refund at any moment according to @CG_TopHat

You may have seen me post this in other threads, and I plan to continue until it is addressed.

Respectfully,
    A farmer looking for a new hope
  • Lol thanks for the link to February’s calendar
  • It’s a trap! Spend gear on Geos at your own risk!
    Go Pens!
  • What a joke. Sith Marauder as the log in? What’s this, another L3 smoke screen? And Geonosians? Are you serious?!?!? After you basically scammed people into thinking GG was a good investment and then having to retract, why in the world would you not give the bonuses to the Seperatists? Do you guys have your heads on straight?
This discussion has been closed.