500 crystal refund for Barriss.

Prev1
That was a nice thing for EA to do. :)

Replies

• I agree
  • Great gesture from EA, you guys are lucky you got any compensation at all. Let's be honest here, anyone who purchased barriss was not entitled to anything, you also got several other characters from that pack.
  • And its not like Barriss is unusable. Her heal and leader ability are still powerful.
  • Well done EA. And good to those who bought Bariss pack. You got your worth back then with all the ability mats, credits etc and she is still very useful now, although not OP. This is the first time I see Developers compensating for balances.
  • Lol
  • Thank you EA. This is indeed a good will gesture and I really do appreciate what they did.
  • I do appreciate gesture. Thanks!
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Token gesture considering but if your happy with it
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Lol while I don't believe people should be compensated, it is funny to see how easily pleased people can be xD all that whining people did and then go settle for $5 worth of virtual currency that costs EA nothing to hand out. They are still the winners and come out top with this outcome, even more so when they see how easily people can be bought with freebies that cost them naff all :p
  • I don't feel compensated at all. I can't replace a character with 5 shards, and they defraded an already underpowered girl. I disn't use her in the past, I won't use her in the future. And I certainly hate the 500 Crystal "gift" for what it means regarding nerfing things they just sold without any accountability or process.
  • I made a post, telling people to stop complaining a few days ago thinking her nerf was barely noticeable from ai in gw. But when you use bariss you really notice the nerf, she got nerfed so bad, she cannot be used in my pvp squad, or i assume in anyones squad. I don't understand why she got crit nerfed for over 9k. She literally got one shotted.
  • A good compensation
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Said no one....
  • Blam
    113 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Between the Barriss nerf and the resistance pilot "bug fix" that nerfed my team I am just not going to spend another dime on the game. I paid to save myself time on grinding things, but in the end I am left grinding to try and level up replacement. Before I bought things I thought you had to be "intellectually challenged" to waste money on this game and all this taught me was how "intellectually challenged" I am :p This is definitely saving me money on the new characters I would have purchased after watching the movie.
  • Crystals can be bought with money. We all bought the pack for something more unique. Was hoping for shards. Maybe enough to make a 4* barriss 5*.
  • 500 crystals?? What garbage. I thought they promised a Gold Bikini Princess Leia with unique ability of Blinding Bra that stuns the enemy. Is that really too much to ask for??

Hint Hint EA...I'd pay $99.99 for that.
  • Starworks wrote: »
    500 crystals?? What garbage. I thought they promised a Gold Bikini Princess Leia with unique ability of Blinding Bra that stuns the enemy. Is that really too much to ask for??

Hint Hint EA...I'd pay $99.99 for that.

Lol, blinding bra. ( stun the other team for 3 turns)
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    Here's a question. If they gave 65 shards of barriss instead if anything else, would you want that?

Get her to 5. Would she be good enough?
  • Barrok wrote: »
    Here's a question. If they gave 65 shards of barriss instead if anything else, would you want that?

I would have been better with that than 500 crystals. I would still like to see her balanced so she's at least mildly unignorable. Even if all she did was had a new special that constantly played "Never gonna give you up" for the enemy.
  • Lol sounds like you ALL got ripped off, you should just claim a refund back to make the most if it
    Can't beat POE and aren't willing to change strats to defeat him? Cry nerf lol
  • I used my 500 on a chromium pack. Thought that would be just.
    Pulled a 4* Tarkin. Woot!
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Barrok wrote: »

Not for me. I've got her benched in favor of Jedi consular. I only use her in situations where two healers are needed as those the only two I have. As soon as I can get Luminara, I doubt I'll use Bariss ever again.
  • Barris was the reason to buy the pack. Practically the sole reason as Asajj is utterly broken and Ahsoka simply sucks. They neutered Barris, she just sucks now and Doesn't have a place anywhere except in a turtle squad to maintain arena rating while one goes on vacation. 500 crystals is just lame lame lame.
  • KTroy24 wrote: »
    Lol sounds like you ALL got ripped off, you should just claim a refund back to make the most if it

Yeah total bait and switch!!! Filed a complaint with Google and they refunded immediately. What kills me is they still continued selling the bundle even after they knew they were nerfing her.
  • Such a wonderfull and generous compensation. #not

My consequence at least will be that I will not buy any more packs. Well done@EA/CG
  • Grim wrote: »
    Yeah total bait and switch!!! Filed a complaint with Google and they refunded immediately. What kills me is they still continued selling the bundle even after they knew they were nerfing her.

But they buffed the other characters from the pack (from what I've heard atleast). Soooo technically, the majority of what was offered in the pack, got an improvement.
  • Bochista
    30 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    500 crystals as compensation is pathetic compensation.

First, the cost for 500 crystals is below $5 according to the pricing in the store at the time of this post. The main feature in a bundle that cost 10 times that isn't, or shouldn't be all that EA compensates for.

After all, the character wasn't purchased and automatically effective. Players invested a lot of resources into the character. What does it take to acquire the Ability Markers that are now part of that character which EA acknowledges people have shifted away from?

If what EA did actually balanced the character then people would stick with it. After all, a balanced character that's received that type of resource investment would still be very useful. It would be at least useful enough that people wouldn't feel as though they should shift strategies and/or move on to another healer.

Appropriate compensation would be to allow anyone who has a character that's been balanced an opportunity to exchange all of the character shards for those of a single other character, and to have their inventories stocked with all Ability Markers and Gear that went into the character. The character should be reset on the account to zero shards acquired and level 1 gear.

How close does 500 crystals get one towards whatever previous level of enjoyment they were having?

I don't need the character to be what it was, but I was mildly disappointed in what seemed like an overreaction to squeaky wheels.

However, considering that the compensation I just mentioned would equate the resources invested in a single character when people have put resources into a squad of characters makes 500 crystals just insulting.

If EA features a pack or bundle as they did in this case, then one should be able to expect a company with their experience to thoroughly play test what's offered. Even when mistakes are made I don't expect a refund, but I expect better compensation than this when the compensation we're talking about is virtual.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Give peace a chance!
  • I would have been fine if they just rebalance Barris. Buff her a bit more in offense or make her healing and equalization abilities a little less nerfed (some middle ground). I really didn't expect any compensation with the nerf, yet we did get something back. So it's a plus in my books for customer relations.

I guess I'm more easily pleased than others.
  • SlyWalker
    148 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    :D