No defense set in Grand Arena

Replies

• People have the right to focus on attack for achievements, if they want to. If they decide that achievements are more important than winning, you must respect that. Take your free zeta and don't force people to play the way you like.
  • I've got an idea. Make the scoring cumulative through the three battles each person plays; not necessarily for top tier - straight up wins should be only consideration for getting number one. With this being said, make it where if someone posts zero defense then the non-participant gets locked out from scoring on offense - an auto zero. Then make the bottom tier for getting any rewards be a minimum amount related to the cumulative score of setting a defense in all slots in all 3 battles without winning one territory on offense. The cumulative point total would just be for qualifying to receive any rewards at all. This would eliminate the ability for someone to come in and do nothing. For example, let's say setting all defenses nets 680 points. With 3 battles then make the minimum point total be 2040 points to qualify for the bottom tier.
  • People have the right to focus on attack for achievements, if they want to. If they decide that achievements are more important than winning, you must respect that. Take your free zeta and don't force people to play the way you like.

Nobody is trying to force anyone to play the way they like...... It's a voluntary game mode that people sign up for ... Setting defence is part of.playing.....
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    People have the right to focus on attack for achievements, if they want to. If they decide that achievements are more important than winning, you must respect that. Take your free zeta and don't force people to play the way you like.

Nobody is trying to force anyone to play the way they like...... It's a voluntary game mode that people sign up for ... Setting defence is part of.playing.....

Oh but it’s not, is it? CG set up GA with the ability to not set defense, therefore it’s not part of playing. So by changing it you are forcing people to play differently. I understand it’s hard for some of you to not receive achievement rewards right this minute, but it should not warrant calling everyone who doesn’t set defense “gutter level,” and saying that there is “no justification” for their actions. This whole thread is toxic, and CG will probably change it so you can have your way anyway.
  • Nihion wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    People have the right to focus on attack for achievements, if they want to. If they decide that achievements are more important than winning, you must respect that. Take your free zeta and don't force people to play the way you like.

Oh but it’s not, is it? CG set up GA with the ability to not set defense, therefore it’s not part of playing. So by changing it you are forcing people to play differently. I understand it’s hard for some of you to not receive achievement rewards right this minute, but it should not warrant calling everyone who doesn’t set defense “gutter level,” and saying that there is “no justification” for their actions. This whole thread is toxic, and CG will probably change it so you can have your way anyway.

Except they didn't..... They set it up to auto deploy it you didn't deploy and it was bugged so they pulled it out for now....
    Nihion wrote: »

Except they didn't..... They set it up to auto deploy it you didn't deploy and it was bugged so they pulled it out for now....

Well that’s the way it is currently, so it’s not a part of playing. If they said that’s how it is for now, that means they’ll probably change it, so why complain?

Well that’s the way it is currently, so it’s not a part of playing. If they said that’s how it is for now, that means they’ll probably change it, so why complain?

Because this is a discussion forum where people come to discuss their opinion.....

Right now, currently, matchmaking is based only on GP..... That's the way it is..... "So why complain?"

It works as intended.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    edited February 2019

Because this is a discussion forum where people come to discuss their opinion.....

Right now, currently, matchmaking is based only on GP..... That's the way it is..... "So why complain?"

First of all, thanks for mocking me, I appreciate the attention. Second, you told me that originally auto deploy was not WAI, so they ended it “for now”, which implies that they will change. So you’re problem will be solved, and that’s why I don’t understand your protest. Third, matchmaking is based on GP and clearly they have no intention of changing it, so there’s warrant to discuss it

FYI they just stated their intentions, so you can live happy and crush your opponent for max rewards, while I sulk in a corner because I lost. Every single time. Thanks CG.

First of all, thanks for mocking me, I appreciate the attention. Second, you told me that originally auto deploy was not WAI, so they ended it “for now”, which implies that they will change. So you’re problem will be solved, and that’s why I don’t understand your protest. Third, matchmaking is based on GP and clearly they have no intention of changing it, so there’s warrant to discuss it

FYI they just stated their intentions, so you can live happy and crush your opponent for max rewards, while I sulk in a corner because I lost. Every single time. Thanks CG.

How did I mock you?..... I'm not looking to "crush my opponent for max rewards" either......

Fwiw, CG intends to do a lot of things. . I think their timeline on delivery stinks...... They can certainly rush a new toon out and deliver that.... Dealing with the consequences of that toon though..... Not their strong point. ..

My protest stems from the fact that people with watered down rosters only want to face watered down opponents..... You can't build a solid roster in this game without sacrificing at least one game mode.....it's just not going to happen...
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

How did I mock you?..... I'm not looking to "crush my opponent for max rewards" either......

Fwiw, CG intends to do a lot of things. . I think their timeline on delivery stinks...... They can certainly rush a new toon out and deliver that.... Dealing with the consequences of that toon though..... Not their strong point. ..

My protest stems from the fact that people with watered down rosters only want to face watered down opponents..... You can't build a solid roster in this game without sacrificing at least one game mode.....it's just not going to happen...

They still intend to change it, so...

My protest stems from the fact that I should be able to what I want in a game where it gives you options, and people on here wanted to restrict that, and they succeeded.
  • You know, every once in awhile life happens, and sometimes your intentions of filling GA slots goes by the wayside because you quite literally didn’t have the time, or your day which was supposed to end at whatever time turns into a marathon or just goes, because of things beyond your control, or because it plain just didn’t happen. Why should I be punished for that in a game I play voluntarily as a pastime? And yes, I have spent a bit of money in-game, so it is actually in my vested interest to play whenever possible, but sometimes I can’t when I sure wish I could...

What’s the damage? Your opponent gets an easy win, misses a quest opportunity. Easy fix - CG gives the winner the quest credit anyway...if everyone is so upset about no defense to have to attack, spend your time asking CG to QOL-change the quest credit for this outcome. And why not also ask them to QOL-program to just plain random-populate if a player doesn’t place toons? You get to attack, you get quest credit, you get higher rank and therefore more rewards. Again, why should I be punished for CGs lack of problem-solving?

Let’s flip it around - If I get matched against a clearly superior team, should they be punished for placing teams that I clearly cannot defeat even with my best team? I mean really, where’s the competition in that? Why not punish them for taking advantage of a clear mismatch? Oh, wait, they had an easy gimme win, but in that case it’s ok, even though I would have ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE of getting the number one rank and therefore the top reward after 3 battles...

Take the forfeit and move on to the next match, and reap the rewards for the top spot or two at the end of the 3 matches. Gee, I dunno, some zetas and a full gear piece, handed to me by a forfeit, I don’t know if I can stomach this kind of reward. CG, can I give the rewards back if I win by forfeit? Really, I didn’t earn them, and it makes me feel dirty, almost like a cheat even, when all I want is really just to give them back so I can have a clear conscience...

It's a game. Life happens. And sometimes the two just don’t play well together. And that’s all it is.

• I’m one of those players that have been playing “wrong” or “ineffecient”. I don’t set defense because I have no interest in playing GA. Before these whining threads I also didn’t realize there were decent rewards for completing GA quests. I had also ignored quests because when they were introduced the rewards were very much laughable. So now thanks to those so adamant the non-defenders should be hung, I will continue to set no defense, but also work on completing my quests for rewards. I appreciate the heads up. I also might suggest another solution. Add quests for defense. This would incentivize people to set defense and also help compensate the “severely oppressed” players that get auto-wins being matched against people that don’t want to play this game mode.
  • Just saw in the update it’s being addressed, I’m happy now :)
  • oldmate wrote: »
    Just saw in the update it’s being addressed, I’m happy now :)

And im not

It works as intended.

I set def on day One
    Wanted the same Def on day 2
    Thats Why i didnt set one because of autodef
    Now i have zero def and the units from Def day 1 are not available for Off aswell
    Yes, totally agree lol
    Pay 50 stun cuffs - yellow card
    Ban from next GA - red card

And also agree it’s not the rewards etc that bothers me, it’s losing the opportunity to play. I went to the trouble of choosing my def based on opponents roster, and they don’t even show up..

It’s happened to me 3 times so far :(

Rather than punishing the player base for not setting a defence you should ask why people don’t set a defence?

1). Matchmaking is horribly unbalanced. Why set a defence if there’s no chance of winning.

2). The rewards for GA have been awful.

3). Setting a defence can be a pain. Fiddly UI.

4). People forget. Because visual reminders aren’t set in game.

Solve these. Stop trying to punish players for poor game design.
    Yes, totally agree lol

And also agree it’s not the rewards etc that bothers me, it’s losing the opportunity to play. I went to the trouble of choosing my def based on opponents roster, and they don’t even show up..

Rather than punishing the player base for not setting a defence you should ask why people don’t set a defence?

1). Matchmaking is horribly unbalanced. Why set a defence if there’s no chance of winning.

1- There is always a chance of winning
    2- 3 Zetas, a full gear piece and a whack of top tier slicing mats is awful?
    3- Do you even TW bro?.... It's not hard to set defence...
    4- There are visual reminders in the game...
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    Ph1l wrote: »
    I set no defence when I get "so called matched" against far stronger players that I stand zero chance against. And I will continue to do so till CG pull there heads out and fix the matching. Fyi I do set defence when I get a fare match.

Match-ups can be unfair, that's well-known. But you are punishing the wrong person.

Really... Considering a FREE win as PUNISHMENT is so... Kitten

Who cares about a free win when you would win anyway? (Considering the uneven matchup you use as a motivation to not set defenses). I lose more by delaying my quests another few weeks (especially if all my opponents start thinking like this) then being "spared" from using my 15-20 minutes to go through those defenses.

Why should they play, when they know they lose? There is absolutely no point for these player's.
    Sulking in the corner because you are convinced that you will lose is childish.

Trying to punish players because you can’t have your own way is childish
    Yes, totally agree lol

Don't know if this applies to yoy, but someone who feels like that shouldn't sign up then. Stop actually punishing your fellow players.
  • Gawejn
    1105 posts Member
    oldmate wrote: »
    Yes, totally agree lol

1- There is always a chance of winning
    2- 3 Zetas, a full gear piece and a whack of top tier slicing mats is awful?
    3- Do you even TW bro?.... It's not hard to set defence...
    4- There are visual reminders in the game...

Yes, rewards are for first only, 7 Players have less, and even for first rewards are terrible low.
    Greed, Greed Greed is implemented in those rewards.
  • CHFC22 wrote: »
    Yes, totally agree lol

Don't know if this applies to yoy, but someone who feels like that shouldn't sign up then. Stop actually punishing your fellow players.

It doesn’t, just trying to be empathetic to those that see it differently.

But that’s just not how people work. People’s time is precious and therefore if you want them to spend it on a game or particular mode, you should make that game mode appealing.

Some of the above would be very easy to fix. Eg put in a notification ping when phases of GA start, or send a message to the inbox.

If the goal is to increase participation then fixing the above points are a far more effective way of doing it than punitive measures.

Those who are suggesting punitive measures are only trying to solve the goal of how do you improve the experience of highly invested players.

The former is a much better approach IMO
    Yes, totally agree lol

But that’s just not how people work. People’s time is precious and therefore if you want them to spend it on a game or particular mode, you should make that game mode appealing.

Some of the above would be very easy to fix. Eg put in a notification ping when phases of GA start, or send a message to the inbox.

If the goal is to increase participation then fixing the above points are a far more effective way of doing it than punitive measures.

Those who are suggesting punitive measures are only trying to solve the goal of how do you improve the experience of highly invested players.

I don't think ensuring someone who signs up to a game mode of attack vs defense actually sets a defense is punishing them. If I don't like a game mode I just wouldn't play it at all - rather than sign up for it then do diddly squat aside from potentially ruin my opponents' experience, as they actually enjoy playing it. Doing that is the only lose/lose option.
    CHFC22 wrote: »
    Yes, totally agree lol

I don't think ensuring someone who signs up to a game mode of attack vs defense actually sets a defense is punishing them. If I don't like a game mode I just wouldn't play it at all - rather than sign up for it then do diddly squat aside from potentially ruin my opponents' experience, as they actually enjoy playing it. Doing that is the only lose/lose option.

Oh I agree with you. But the original theme of the thread suggested that not setting a defence should come with a heavy penalty (I.e. loss of gear or credits).

I feel that’s wrong.

I do think maybe you’re perceiving it a little too personally? I don’t believe that the majority of players who fail to set a defence are doing it to “ruin the experience of their opponent”.

Could be people forget, or are busy doing something else.

The devs could build solutions to fix this. Eg. Only having to fill your board once per GA and then by default it will auto fill that way for the whole event but can be changed up until the start of each attack phase.
    CHFC22 wrote: »
    Yes, totally agree lol

Oh I agree with you. But the original theme of the thread suggested that not setting a defence should come with a heavy penalty (I.e. loss of gear or credits).

I feel that’s wrong.

I do think maybe you’re perceiving it a little too personally? I don’t believe that the majority of players who fail to set a defence are doing it to “ruin the experience of their opponent”.

Could be people forget, or are busy doing something else.

The devs could build solutions to fix this. Eg. Only having to fill your board once per GA and then by default it will auto fill that way for the whole event but can be changed up until the start of each attack phase.

I get that people forget - auto deployment fixes that. If they don't like it, then they can only blame themselves! I know folk who do it on purpose will be in the minority but it's easy to see on this thread and others how bizarrely wedded they are that they're not in the wrong, and it riles me.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    When people want to punish their opponent for letting them win. Lol, angry people
  • That wasn’t intended to be the original theme of the thread..
    I just asked if there had been an update on whether it was being addressed. Devs have announced it is, so I am happy.

Topic over, I would close thread if I could
  • keknoby
    93 posts Member
    everybody should have the right playing the way he wants to play... forced auto-deploy is not a good way to bring fun into the game
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    keknoby wrote: »
    everybody should have the right playing the way he wants to play... forced auto-deploy is not a good way to bring fun into the game

I want to play against a defense each time
  • Aydnie
    432 posts Member

It works as intended.

I set def on day One
    Wanted the same Def on day 2
    Thats Why i didnt set one because of autodef
    Now i have zero def and the units from Def day 1 are not available for Off aswell

Is it true ?
    Topic over, I would close thread if I could
    Youre not a moderator.