Darth Revan timeline?

Replies

• Donrob wrote: »
    Kokie wrote: »
    Looking more likely no darth revan in the near future

Judging by the calendar, it’s starting to look that way.

Wishful thinking, calendar never shows new events, they’re separate announcements. With the addition of more and more journey/legendary on rotation there’s bound to be overlaps moving forward. Plus C3PO back on 7th actually gives me more reason to blieve it’s the 14th for Darth Revan.

Also not sure why people are thinking that there should be a puzzle/reveal. We’ve already technically had that in the original Revan puzzle and ancient journey announcement - hero, villain, saviour, conqueror.

I don't expect it to be listed in the calendar. However when looking at the calendar, there aren't many gaps unless they were to run concurrently with another legendary event. Only real gap would be around the 21st which might fit. Also looking at the toon of the month, Sith Marauder, kinda leads me to believe we may see a Sith ship event.

Another gap is right now, but hopefully they don't pull that off...
    Anyway, the weekly shipments should give us a warning a week in advance, at least that's how it has been so far. Any future-dwellers here who know what this week's shipments are?
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Donrob wrote: »

Wishful thinking, calendar never shows new events, they’re separate announcements. With the addition of more and more journey/legendary on rotation there’s bound to be overlaps moving forward. Plus C3PO back on 7th actually gives me more reason to blieve it’s the 14th for Darth Revan.

Also not sure why people are thinking that there should be a puzzle/reveal. We’ve already technically had that in the original Revan puzzle and ancient journey announcement - hero, villain, saviour, conqueror.

I don't expect it to be listed in the calendar. However when looking at the calendar, there aren't many gaps unless they were to run concurrently with another legendary event. Only real gap would be around the 21st which might fit. Also looking at the toon of the month, Sith Marauder, kinda leads me to believe we may see a Sith ship event.

Anyway, the weekly shipments should give us a warning a week in advance, at least that's how it has been so far. Any future-dwellers here who know what this week's shipments are?

Ewoks for C3PO.

Looks more like the 21st. We are being given an extra week - most likely due to these characters being in one node rather than two.
  • Updated table based on March calendar.

CG being generous this round. k78zqxhafeey.jpeg
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Nauros wrote: »

Ewoks for C3PO.

Looks more like the 21st. We are being given an extra week - most likely due to these characters being in one node rather than two.

If it starts 21st, we are getting two extra weeks. That sounds suspiciously generous...
    On the flip side, it means two more weeks of the Revan kitten in arena.

Ewoks for C3PO.

If it starts 21st, we are getting two extra weeks. That sounds suspiciously generous...

Only 1 extra week, since based on previous releases it wouldn't have been until 3/14 anyway.

It does make sense, since we only have a single node for each character, and for JKR they doubled up on hard nodes with fleet nodes, or did Cantina.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

Ewoks for C3PO.

Only 1 extra week, since based on previous releases it wouldn't have been until 3/14 anyway.

It does make sense, since we only have a single node for each character, and for JKR they doubled up on hard nodes with fleet nodes, or did Cantina.

Really? I was expecting 2+1 weeks, so 3/7.
  • StarSon wrote: »

So much time is still suspicious.
    With a very good ranking, that makes Darth Revan achievable for dolphins, and for f2p with both top arenas. (average of 8 shards per day for carth, 35 days between f2p farm and end of event, 50 from marquee event : 35*8+50, you have your 330)
    JKR was much tougher, with his double cantina farm.
    Heck, I wouldn't have to buy a ultimate pack or shipment to get it, that's crazy !
  • Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Which is dumb because Bastila was NEVER Darth Revan's apprentice. She was Darth Malak's apprentice for a short time. Darth Malak was Revan's apprentice.

CG really messed up all the KOTOR stuff if we are talking in terms of timeline/lore.

If you choose the dark side path late in the game though, then she IS his apprentice by the end of the game and helps him destroy the Republic fleet with her battle meditation and helps him defeat Malak. In KOTOR 2, there's even an option if you select the history as being Revan going dark side and re-taking the Sith Empire from Malak, there is a scene from a holocron where Bastila oversaw a re-formed Sith academy on Korriban and waited for "Darth Revan" to return to her after venturing off into the unknown regions of space. So it's consistent as the whole point of the game was to have a LS story and a DS story, depending on which way you wanted to play the game.

• Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Which is dumb because Bastila was NEVER Darth Revan's apprentice. She was Darth Malak's apprentice for a short time. Darth Malak was Revan's apprentice.

CG really messed up all the KOTOR stuff if we are talking in terms of timeline/lore.

If you choose the dark side path late in the game though, then she IS his apprentice by the end of the game and helps him destroy the Republic fleet with her battle meditation and helps him defeat Malak. In KOTOR 2, there's even an option if you select the history as being Revan going dark side and re-taking the Sith Empire from Malak, there is a scene from a holocron where Bastila oversaw a re-formed Sith academy on Korriban and waited for "Darth Revan" to return to her after venturing off into the unknown regions of space. So it's consistent as the whole point of the game was to have a LS story and a DS story, depending on which way you wanted to play the game.

Yes, I get that. I played the games. But that's not the "official" story of how it all went down. I know the EU isn't technically canon now, but the story reads as I have described it. The accepted story, before Disney bought Star Wars.

So yes, you can make all sorts of crazy moves in the games that alter the storyline, including Revan being female.

But that's not his story.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • If anyone read Carrie's responses to a post on Reddit regarding the outrage over GG, she mentioned that a large percentage of the entire player base doesn't have JKR still. Of course, those of us in the top end of arena don't experience that at all; we just do mirror match after mirror match and feel like everyone has him. The point I'm making is that with the original release of JKR there were so many players that were nowhere close to being ready, that even though some people spent hundreds of dollars to catch up, that was a huge minority of players. I think this time they will make it easier for those of us on the top to get Darth Revan with minimal spending and make it a situation where more people are closer and hence will spend some to catch up. IMO it sounds like they didn't make as much money overall from JKR as we think they did plus they got a ton of negative backlash. Even though the spending per person was higher, I bet the bottom line was less. This time it looks like they've expanded the timeline and cadence of release so that more people are getting these characters to like 5 or 6 stars so they'll feel more invested to a point in their development that they'll splurge and spend more. Overall spending per person will be down, but overall bottom line will increase. Thankfully I'm at the top of the heap and won't have to spend anything extra. Unless they release it earlier than expected....

💯 agreed.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    If anyone read Carrie's responses to a post on Reddit regarding the outrage over GG, she mentioned that a large percentage of the entire player base doesn't have JKR still. Of course, those of us in the top end of arena don't experience that at all; we just do mirror match after mirror match and feel like everyone has him. The point I'm making is that with the original release of JKR there were so many players that were nowhere close to being ready, that even though some people spent hundreds of dollars to catch up, that was a huge minority of players. I think this time they will make it easier for those of us on the top to get Darth Revan with minimal spending and make it a situation where more people are closer and hence will spend some to catch up. IMO it sounds like they didn't make as much money overall from JKR as we think they did plus they got a ton of negative backlash. Even though the spending per person was higher, I bet the bottom line was less. This time it looks like they've expanded the timeline and cadence of release so that more people are getting these characters to like 5 or 6 stars so they'll feel more invested to a point in their development that they'll splurge and spend more. Overall spending per person will be down, but overall bottom line will increase. Thankfully I'm at the top of the heap and won't have to spend anything extra. Unless they release it earlier than expected....

Also, they are probably aware of the sorry state of arena on old shards. If Darth Revan is a hard counter to JK Revan but not that OP overall, making him more available will help restore the balance of the Force.
    Its because Crumb announced he was working on a new puzzle during Ahnold and Cubsfan's live broadcast.
    Expect the puzzle to drop soon (tm).

CG joined a recent GameChanger stream and said they were working on a puzzle.

Doesn’t mean the puzzle is for Revan, but I doubt any other puzzle-worthy toon is that close.
  • My guess is puzzle tomorrow and the event starts next week...You guys acting like Darth Revan will be FTP or something
  • MoBlaq wrote: »
    My guess is puzzle tomorrow and the event starts next week...You guys acting like Darth Revan will be FTP or something

This was my initial timeline. I edited my post based on the March calendar.

Darth Revan next week is entirely possible.

Ewoks for C3PO.

Yes, since we had 3 weeks from Mission/Zaalbar/T3 being farmable until the start of the JKR event. As such, I figured 3/14 start for Darth Revan.
    Gluckychou wrote: »

So much time is still suspicious.
    With a very good ranking, that makes Darth Revan achievable for dolphins, and for f2p with both top arenas. (average of 8 shards per day for carth, 35 days between f2p farm and end of event, 50 from marquee event : 35*8+50, you have your 330)
    JKR was much tougher, with his double cantina farm.
    Heck, I wouldn't have to buy a ultimate pack or shipment to get it, that's crazy !

I have to point out a lot, that this is not true for the vast majority of the game's population. What we see on the forums, and reddit, and Discord is the minority. Most players aren't even kind of aware that these characters might be needed, much less when. And then of the players that *are* aware, lots don't believe they'll be needed, and others don't have to means to do the amount of refreshes needed even for a 3/21 start.

If it's a 3/21 start, I suspect it may be more widely available than JKR was, but still overall pretty rare. Maybe 300k unlocks, compared to about 200k each for RJT and CLS.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

Ewoks for C3PO.

Yes, since we had 3 weeks from Mission/Zaalbar/T3 being farmable until the start of the JKR event. As such, I figured 3/14 start for Darth Revan.

Didn't we have 3 weeks until the end of the event?

Ewoks for C3PO.

No. They were put on nodes on 9/26, and the event started on 10/18.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

Ewoks for C3PO.

No. They were put on nodes on 9/26, and the event started on 10/18.

In that case, I stand corrected.
  • Jarvind wrote: »
    I still don't understand why people make up event schedules in their heads and then come here and proclaim them as unassailable truth.

You saw the question mark in the TITLE, right?

The question mark wasn't there when I posted. You edited it.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Keja
    43 posts Member
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Roken_Fett wrote: »

Yes, I get that. I played the games. But that's not the "official" story of how it all went down. I know the EU isn't technically canon now, but the story reads as I have described it. The accepted story, before Disney bought Star Wars.

So yes, you can make all sorts of crazy moves in the games that alter the storyline, including Revan being female.

But that's not his story.
    You know what else isn't his story? Teaming up with two versions (clones!?) of Yoda to fight Kylo Ren!
    My God! They've destroyed canon!!!

...or it's just a game within the Star Wars universe like they've said all along.
  • CazNeerg
    361 posts Member
    There is no official version of Revan anymore. Even if there was, this game could still have the dark and light ending versions for one very simple reason; the entire thing is a holotable simulation set sometime past the end of all current Star Wars content.

This means if Revan existed at all, it was thousands of years in the past (at least), and the historical records could be muddied to the point where there are legends of both paths he could have taken being the one he actually did take, and the people who run the holotables decided to stick both versions in. Because it's holograms, not real people, so they can do that.
  • Madlax
    119 posts Member
    I do aggree whith the ppl in here who point out that if there should be a Darth Revan as playable character, it wont be the pre-KotoR version but rather the dark side choice one can take in the game. Now if CG wants to surprise us, they will make Darth Revan a female ^.^
  • Darth Revan will come in August.

Honestly, I m still farming Jolee (45/100) and Mission Vao (60/65), the rest I have 7* for Jedi Revan.
    After that I have to farm the Bounty Hunter ships.

So basically Darth Revan I will get him in August 2020
  • I was told a puzzle on the 2nd of march then kit reveal tuesday 3/5 along with hk rework. Then thursday 3/7 darth revan event
  • I agree with most of what you said, except the fact that "Jedi Revan" will be needed. The game itself is not one that you go from light to dark back to light. Since these characters are used for non-canon Darth Revan, it will be similar to the Jedi Revan event where they will give you the new Darth Revan to use.
  • Looks like it could work. Still cant wait till he comes out.
    Also, do you think darth revan will have a red or purple lightsaber.

I mean sure, purple shows his affinity with both sides, but what do you guys think?
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • I would think he'd dual wield red and purple.