If they made LOTR

Smidday
134 posts Member
edited February 2019
Just for fun but I would love it if CG made an LOTR game like SWGOH, hobbits would be ewoks, elves would be Jedi, ringwraiths would be sith, Sauron is Darth Revan, Rangers could be bounty hunters etc. So many factions available.

Just a fun idea. Is there any films, books or games people would like to see made into a similar Swgoh game?

Replies

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    So arena would be 50 elves
  • Probably lol but hey theres a lot more to choose from
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Smidday wrote: »
    Probably lol but hey theres a lot more to choose from

Rework Gimli
  • "OMGZ you need the brand new Elf Warrior: Pelennor Fields to complete Platoons in Mordor TB!! CG PLZ fix this!"
  • I think there was a thread a really long time ago that mentioned an idea kind of like this. I personally think it's a really cool idea and I like your faction breakdown! To answer your last question, I always thought a mythology version of the game would be very cool, with factions being different myth groups (ex. Greeks, Norse, Egyptian, etc). The light side/dark side break would be heroes/monsters.
  • If CG made it, Sauron and Elrond would be on the same team lol
  • Gollum’s basic attack goes for the finger. If he attacks Frodo, he immediately gains stealth, speed, crit chance, crit damage, and a new ability called exhuberence. Then he immediately dies and the other team wins.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    All the Marvel movies do well....maybe based on that?

haha, well played.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Chucko_marek
    3817 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!!!
  • I'm wondering when we get the Monty Python Quest for the Holy Grail spoof of the game.
  • Austin9370 wrote: »

I used to play the Marvel one when it launched, got bored with it, it just wasn’t as appealing to me, the graphics and ingame fighting was trying too hard and the currency system was confusing. I was really similar to SWGOH but lacked something
  • Would Gandalf and the other Istari get their own faction?
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!

Why not, in stead of ships we have wargs and horseback or nazgul and great eagles, giant troll raids, seiges on gondor for TW, instead of orbital attacks its trebuchets and catapults. The list goes on
  • And an urukhai faction!
  • Chucko_marek
    3817 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    I wonder how the high ground would be handled...

But Count Dooku has let himself go for that game...lol
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    "OMGZ you need the brand new Elf Warrior: Pelennor Fields to complete Platoons in Mordor TB!! CG PLZ fix this!"

That's silly, elf platoons weren't at pelennor plains. 😉
  • I would like it. There are actually a lot of characters you could use if they pulled from The Silmarillion and The Children of Húrin, etc.

The real question 🤔 is if you would get 13 spots so they could put down teams like Feanor and all his kids, the Company of Thorin Oakenshield, The 9, saruman, sauron, morgoth, and gollum, the fellowship with faramir, elrond, radagast, and eowyn, etc.
  • Smidday wrote: »
    Austin9370 wrote: »

I used to play the Marvel one when it launched, got bored with it, it just wasn’t as appealing to me, the graphics and ingame fighting was trying too hard and the currency system was confusing. I was really similar to SWGOH but lacked something

I played it for about a month and never felt challenged by it, nor did I have any sense of achievement. The game hands everybody the same characters on a silver platter at about the same time, and everyone immediately gears and uses them without having to make game-changing decisions or do any real work.

It doesn't help that the ability kits are overly simple, with no leadership skills and very little in terms of faction synergy. Or that the loading time before every quest node or arena round takes longer than the fight itself (the graphics are apparently so memory-intensive that the game downloads a ton of data for every battle and deletes it again later). And then there's the terrible guild and raid system with zero human interaction. The only thing I liked about it was the ability to set a separate defense team in arena.
  • MagicMatthews99
    1124 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    There are 15 Dwarves - Thorin and his company, Gimli, and Dain II. Out of those, only two (Thorin and Dain II) can be seen as leaders, leaving 5 Dwarves out of the fight. We need another Dwarve Leader!
  • How would the first raid and the reward character be set up?
  • Smidday
    134 posts Member
    How would the first raid and the reward character be set up?

I would suggest fighting the troll in Moria, couple of goblins to fight and 4 phases, this unlocks ... legolas lol ... or the raid boss could be Balrog and unlocks Gandalf
  • First raid could be Smaug.
  • A interesting one could be on Warhammer 40K. Eventually leading up to the Emperors resurrection with it too.
  • Smidday wrote: »
    Just for fun but I would love it if CG made an LOTR game like SWGOH, hobbits would be ewoks, elves would be Jedi, ringwraiths would be sith, Sauron is Darth Revan, Rangers could be bounty hunters etc. So many factions available.

Just a fun idea. Is there any films, books or games people would like to see made into a similar Swgoh game?

All Rick Riordans books, Inheritance Cycle, Harry Potter.