Going to laugh hard

Prev13
all of you people crossing your fingers wishing Darth Revan drops. What's going to happen to the population of this game when Darth Malak ends of dropping instead? I guess I'm the only person on planet Earth that thinks this may just happen.

Replies

• So what? Malak would most likely fit into the same sith team.
  • How about darth jar jar.
  • all I'm saying Hunter is I've been around long enough to not read into anything they say too deeply.
  • It's even better then. Revan has been meta for so long that the new toon will definitely counter it. And if it's Malak, it means that they will leave the spot open for a later Darth Revan event. So the OR focus will not die out now, it will only be put on hold for a while. In this case, too bad for those who are fed up with OR.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    It will probably be OR Sith that counters Revan, whether it ends up being Darth Revan or Malak is not all that relevant.
  • I don't care if it's Darth Revan or Darth Malak or Darth Gamorrean Guard. As long as it's a Sith and will change the Arena meta.
  • 212Attack wrote: »
    all of you people crossing your fingers wishing Darth Revan drops. What's going to happen to the population of this game when Darth Malak ends of dropping instead? I guess I'm the only person on planet Earth that thinks this may just happen.

Sure, it only makes sense they would take an obscure character and design him with more zetas than any other Sith so far.

He could be Darth Jarjar, for all I care, as long as he's good and I get him on the first run.
  • mvmss wrote: »
    212Attack wrote: »

Sure, it only makes sense they would take an obscure character and design him with more zetas than any other Sith so far.

He could be Darth Jarjar, for all I care, as long as he's good and I get him on the first run.

Not sure if the primary antagonist of the whole KOTOR counts as "obscure", he's at the same level as Traya and the Triumvirate.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    mvmss wrote: »

Not sure if the primary antagonist of the whole KOTOR counts as "obscure", he's at the same level as Traya and the Triumvirate.

I thought Malak was only on KOTOR 1, but I could be wrong, I guess, since I never played the other games.

I always thought the primary antagonist of the KOTOR saga was the Sith Emperor, Vitiate, but, again, I could be wrong.

My point was, I can't see Malak having 3 zetas to the 2 Vader, Traya and Palp currently have. Moreover, in Kotor 1, I was under the impression that it was Darth Revan who was "the man" and Malak more like an usurper.
  • I don't think anyone really cares whether it's Malak or Emo Revan. The main concern is "powerful sith leader that can usurp Jedi Revan's dominance over arena."
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »
    I don't think anyone really cares whether it's Malak or Emo Revan. The main concern is "powerful sith leader that can usurp Jedi Revan's dominance over arena."

At this point, I would even welcome Jar Jar as long as he clears out the Revan infestation...
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »
    I don't think anyone really cares whether it's Malak or Emo Revan. The main concern is "powerful sith leader that can usurp Jedi Revan's dominance over arena."

At this point, I would even welcome Jar Jar as long as he clears out the Revan infestation...

85% dodge lead? That's would be hilarious.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • xxragnarjsxx
    244 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    No one cares whether it’s malak or Revan. As long as it is a hard counter to current meta.

And if it’s malak. Even better for kotor overs and worse for non kotor lovers.
    But highly doubtful they are doing a Heroes journey 3 zeta 7⭐️ Unlock with Malak.
    Post edited by xxragnarjsxx on
  • I care, only only because I am so sick of the"Revan" meta that replacing it with another 'Revan" meta just feels wrong. I can see it now, the top 200 in my shard will all be one or the other Revan. I'm getting irritated just thinking about it.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Darth Malak isn't 3 zeta worthy (Journey) at all. If Sion and Nihilus were marquee that's where Malak should be. Marquee Plus is the most I would give him.

Also, Malak had no real interaction with HK-47, so that wouldn't make sense to see HK-47 on his squad.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Also, Malak had no real interaction with HK-47, so that wouldn't make sense to see HK-47 on his squad.

Not true. Malak had the most important interaction with HK: he was the original "meatbag."

• Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Roken_Fett wrote: »

Not true. Malak had the most important interaction with HK: he was the original "meatbag."

Lol! Touche. But you know what I mean. He's Revan's assassin droid, not Malak's.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Who drops is irrelevant, their kit is all that matters.
  • Droideka
    615 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    My biggest fear is that it is Malak, because then we will have another few months before Darth Revan, who in turn will rule arena another few months until the next meta. This OR domination of the game seriously needs to die ASAP.

• Jaden
    162 posts Member
    Op says he’s “been around long enough” yet doesn’t underand that it doesn’t matter what the name of the toon is that drops, if it counters revan that’s all that matters.
  • Droideka wrote: »
    My biggest fear is that it is Malak, because then we will have another few months before Darth Revan, who in turn will rule arena another few months until the next meta. This OR domination of the game seriously needs to die ASAP.

Agreed. Just release Revan 2 and be done with this OR crap.
  • Who drops is irrelevant, their kit is all that matters.

This. More on point, Malak would be a welcome addition. Sith-wise, why wouldn’t you want both Revan and Malak
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Who drops is irrelevant, their kit is all that matters.

This. More on point, Malak would be a welcome addition. Sith-wise, why wouldn’t you want both Revan and Malak

Now where is that "I don't care" button? I know it was around here somewhere....
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Zinke7
    194 posts Member
    Lore wise Old Republic is the richest era in SW history. Thanks to Darth Bane and his "Rule of Two" Sith have been pretty much destroyed and later era (prequels) turns Jedi into sit-around wanna-be politicians.

Malak should be Marquee at the best and could be used or not for Darth Revan Hero's Journey.
  • Sthenos
    96 posts Member

You're not alone in thinking this. There are many including some Game changers
  • Sthenos wrote: »

You're not alone in thinking this. There are many including some Game changers

None of the game changers think this.

We know the next character will be triple zeta. The only triple zeta characters are journeys.

Malak could be a legendary, he isn’t worth a journey.

Luke is the OT Journey. Rey is the sequel journey. Revan is the OR journey. Not Malak.