Best Resistance Team??

So I basically need to farm resistance toons for Rey (JT) , HSTR P1 and TW/GA/TB, but I dont want to make the mistake I did with my BH in gearing up mediocre toons. At the moment, I'm assuming JTR, Fin,
BB-8, RT and Scav? (I know C3 and R2 are good but they are used in my rebel team). Basically resistance only best team (assuming Finn is post-rework)?
Thank you in advanced

Replies

• That may work, but you may find it tricky to avoid getting worn down by his AOE attacks (assuming heroic), R2 really does help you spread the pain around with targeted foresight (yes, you can do the same with JTR but that is cutting into damage potential since you won’t be calling bb8 every time, plus you are increasing RNG factor since you can’t hide a wounded character behind a smokescreen while they recover).

Curious as to what Rebel team (and for which phase) you are building that is worth dropping an optimized JTR squad and your potential Chex mix team for phase 3 (not that there isn’t better options for phase 3 now, but it is still one of the easiest teams to build to contribute your share)?

Right now the optimum phase 1 (or phase 3 they can pull over 10% of heroic there as well) is JTR, BB8, RT, R2, C3PO.

I suspect that Finn could replace one of those after his rework (I guess threepio), but we will have to play around with the line up to see how much we can squeeze out of it in the various incarnations.
  • TheJEFFtm wrote: »
    That may work, but you may find it tricky to avoid getting worn down by his AOE attacks (assuming heroic), R2 really does help you spread the pain around with targeted foresight (yes, you can do the same with JTR but that is cutting into damage potential since you won’t be calling bb8 every time, plus you are increasing RNG factor since you can’t hide a wounded character behind a smokescreen while they recover).

Curious as to what Rebel team (and for which phase) you are building that is worth dropping an optimized JTR squad and your potential Chex mix team for phase 3 (not that there isn’t better options for phase 3 now, but it is still one of the easiest teams to build to contribute your share)?

Right now the optimum phase 1 (or phase 3 they can pull over 10% of heroic there as well) is JTR, BB8, RT, R2, C3PO.

I suspect that Finn could replace one of those after his rework (I guess threepio), but we will have to play around with the line up to see how much we can squeeze out of it in the various incarnations.

Sorry my bad, I would run R2 and C3 on HSTR just like TB and stuff as they are on my rebels. Just want to know as I don't like having extra characters which dont fit in a squad (it bugs me with GA matchmaking)
  • I wouldn’t use R2 with rebels, since there aren’t any teams that need him. His cleanse on criticals really helps keep the TM train/ID train rolling in P1. For GA/TW I’d maybe sub in Holdo, if you can gear her. Her daze AOE is underrated, and can catch players off guard if she’s on defense.
  • TheBloodyTongue
    111 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    I use RJT, BB, R2, C3 and ResTrooper for STR Phase 1.
    When Finn rework goes live, I'll test him in place of R2 or ResTrooper.
    It's hard to decide between Res Trooper's TM gain and R2's Number Crunch's bonus stat.