OP......... No wait, BUFF!!!!!!!!!!

Prev1
Abyss
1651 posts Member
I keep noticing random comments all over about Mace in a positive manner.

My instant response is "****" lol

Am i the only player lucky enough to draw a 4* Mace (if you call it luck since hes so weak) and be overwhelmingly disappointed in him??????
1) decent health i suppose but i would say hes not too furable for a tank
2) what tank does not even have a taunt??? Mace lol thats who
3) his atk is lack luster at best
4) too long a cooldown to use his debuff effectivly imo
5) the list goes on an on, you get the idea

I shutter to think how bent the ppl must be who bought him outrite. They must feel pretty butned on getting one of the coolest toons star wars can offer an have him turn out so undewhelming.

In the wake of all the constant comments an posts about "so-n-so is OP and should be nerf'd", i will voice up an say Mace needs a serious buff haha unless im missing something (which couod be the case as i abandoned him pretty wuickly due to underperformance) he has to be one the most popular toons from the series (not just a random ewok, stormtrooper, etc) yet oerforms like hes a cadet on kamino lol

Whats everyones thoughts??????

MTFBWY

Replies

• He hits harder than Old Ben, Royal Guard, Chewie, and the elf Jedi. He also has a debuff. With that in mind, I can't imagine using Mace in high level PVP.
  • He doesn't bring much to the table in the current pvp meta. You are not wrong in your assumptions.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    TheVinegru wrote: »
    He hits harder than Old Ben, Royal Guard, Chewie, and the elf Jedi. He also has a debuff. With that in mind, I can't imagine using Mace in high level PVP.

Yea i will give u him hitting harder then some of the other tabks but that does not (imo) make up for him epically failing at his role. Plus hitting "harder" is not the same as hitting "hard". His debuff is unreliable too at least when i used him for a short time haha.

I just figure if there is an iconic toon that does need balanced (especially for the price alot of peeps paid) its Mace. He needs some things imo.
    1) taunt
    Or
    2) a serious atk worth using
    Or
    3) 100% chance to debuff
    Or
    4) a serious health boost

Any/all of the above wouod possibly pass him off as a mid-tier decent toon viable for some dif things. With all the "OP crying" i figured a nice break would be discussing some toons that may need buffs :)
  • Yeah my girlfriend has him, and he well, sucks. Lol. Unfortunate because Mace Windu is such a cool character. He deserves a buff.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Yeah my girlfriend has him, and he well, sucks. Lol. Unfortunate because Mace Windu is such a cool character. He deserves a buff.

Yea he is one of my favs, i was so excited to yank him then boom, found out hes terrible across the board haha. I feel terrible for those who bought him :(
  • I agree a buff is in order.

Buff to his speed would be good too.
    Guide to Beating Galactic War from Team Instinct
    TeamInstinct.net -- Community Site and Home to Team Instinct
  • I don't understand making him a tank anyway. He was able to beat Sid 1v1 in the movie so to me, he should be an attacker, not a tank.
  • TheVinegru wrote: »
    He was able to beat Sid 1v1 in the movie so to me, he should be an attacker, not a tank.

Debatable :p Palpatine is a master at manipulation, it's not a coincidence he "lost" just before Anakin arrived to see him at Mace's mercy.

However mace should definitely be an attacker, he utilises Form VII for heavens sake lol the most aggressive form of lightsaber combat, also used by Darth Maul and he's not a tank is he :p. No idea why Windu was chosen for this role then other Jedi are more suited for it.
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    Also his debuff does not remove all buffs from what I've seen.
  • @Abyss I got mace from the bronzium as well. Was super happy because I needed a light side character to replace corusant police but I don't like him at all. I can't imagine the regret from paying 40$ for him LOL
  • FakeRobbo
    179 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Mace is weak and useless currently, anyone who says otherwise doesn't know enough about him or the current meta period. Buff pls
    I should mention I have a 7* mace because he is my favourite star wars character!
  • @Time many buff removal skills don't work as intended. Ventress' only seems to remove Chewies taunt, which is useful in certain situations, but I'd like it if it could do more.
  • Loce
    194 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    TheVinegru wrote: »
    I don't understand making him a tank anyway. He was able to beat Sid 1v1 in the movie so to me, he should be an attacker, not a tank.

They even refer to his saber skills more than once I believe. If he is known for his saber then they could make him an attacker or even go the other way and up his evasion and mix in a taunt. Saber skills is attacking or defense would definitely suit his character in star wars.
    Now that I think of it he is actually very defensive in his fight against sid in the movie haha.
  • I agree that MW needs a buff of some kind. If his dispel were on all toons that'd be nice - or if his hitting power were better. Another option would be keeping the dispel on +vs enemy effects single, but giving him ally negative effect dispelling ability as well.
  • Yeah, he's lackluster. I have him and I never slot him in for anything except for the tank-only challenges.

By the way, what does MTFBWY stand for?
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Yeah, he's lackluster. I have him and I never slot him in for anything except for the tank-only challenges.

By the way, what does MTFBWY stand for?

MTFBWY = May The Force Be With You
  • Nah, let's just give Sid 100% counter and increase Darth Maul's HP to 3 times it's current value and double Dooku's crit rating.
    That's what people want right?

Just kidding.
    Do you remember the clone wars episode with Mace Windu in it where it is from the point of view of that little boy and he jumps over him and completely destroys an entire army of droids? Yeah, Mace needs a massive buff urgently. His game stats in no way represent his character 'stats'.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Nah, let's just give Sid 100% counter and increase Darth Maul's HP to 3 times it's current value and double Dooku's crit rating.
    That's what people want right?

Just kidding.
    Do you remember the clone wars episode with Mace Windu in it where it is from the point of view of that little boy and he jumps over him and completely destroys an entire army of droids? Yeah, Mace needs a massive buff urgently. His game stats in no way represent his character 'stats'.

From a star wars reality point of view he was arguably the most bada** jedi ever (one of em at least). He did kick sids butt, he killed jango effortlessly. He was an absolute monster and the game has insukted his memeory imo haha
  • Another thing I think would be cool would be a Jedi council class. Where Yoda's leader ability applies to members like Mace Windu, Kit Fisto, Obi Wan Kenobi and other future heroes.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Mace is supposedly the galaxy best swordsman, He needs a boost to be more like dooku, pethaps a chance to double attack and counter.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    He needs alot imo. Some toons are subpar while others are more balanced and some are better as in their positives outweigh their negatives. Mace as far as star wars is absolutly "OP". Mace as far as GoH is absolutly "UP".

Seems off to me haha, he should easily be setup to be in the caliber of old ben. He should be excessivly useful in many teams imo rather then riding the bench in any team haha. They made him like a mascot or somethin haha. Hes just in ur inventory for moral support i suppose lol.
  • Windu needs the skill "Sai cha" that he used to kill Jango :) high chance to crit and deal massive dmg against the target.
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    Imagine if windus unique gave all allies turn meter when any ally died. Might actually make him op lol. Who's going to attack a low damage tank with no taunt? I suppose they could just give him one of those 2 turn taunts instead...
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Agree! Mace is one of the coolest toons. Lorewise he is one of the strongest swordsfighters and in clone wars animation he was beast. Give him some droid killing aoe and make him attacker ^^
    I also pulled him from bronzium like topic starter. He definately needs a nerf.... I mean buff.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Samuel L. Jackson would be ashamed to see how weak this character is.
  • Windu needs the skill "Sai cha" that he used to kill Jango :) high chance to crit and deal massive dmg against the target.

This sounds good, I don't have windu but I only use him as an ally when I'm grinding mssions on auto.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Agreed to all points. Issue with changing his role alone is hat he sux at every role. If they want him as a tank he needs to be built like a tank not a squishy low damage scrub.
    Major Buff Needed
  • moddom wrote: »
    Samuel L. Jackson would be ashamed to see how weak this character is.

Lol so true it hurts
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Agreed that Mace sucks. He needs to be reworked from the ground up.

However, they allude to in the movie, and confirm in the novelization of the movie, that Palpatine was faking the whole thing to suck Anakin in. Palpatine was significantly stronger than Mace.
  • Wasn't he a master swordsman with the ligthsaber? Shouldn't he be more of a high damage attacker or even a counter attacker with healing debuff?