GP Matchmaking & “Fluff”

Replies

• TRanger wrote: »
    Move away from the fluff argument, it is a weak one ... leveling up toons playing the game as it was designed to....yes you choose which ones too level but it no way makes you somehow superior to me..it is a different play style...of your choosing...which is fine...face off against those of the same play design/style of you. To demand there be no change and too keep it as is, is testiment to you having no skill. Just a stronger roster path and selfish personality. Which is proof it needs to change. GP is not a fair assessment of build comparison. If it was then my gp and your GP would cancel out.

Surely though GP is a reflection of how you have played the game. The decisions you have made along your play path, which toons to level, how to use your resources, etc.
    If our GP is the same then they will cancel each out numerically but one person or the other will have an advantage somewhere, be it in ships or toons or zetas, etc.
    In a PVP style game mode that utilises their entire roster, those choices will be shown up and in some cases magnified.
    People were very happy to take the extra rewards for fluffing their rosters, when it helped them in certain situations and game modes. Now they feel disadvantaged in another game mode. Why should they have their cake and eat It?

Oh and you should probably try and avoid the wide sweeping and vitriolic comments regarding other people and players having no skill or selfish personalities.
    Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't give you the right to come out with that kind of rhetoric, it just makes you look like you have a chip on your shoulder and want to lash out
    miguelfoo wrote: »
    Totally agree with this post. I feel like CG misled the community encouraging the players to level up and gear up his roosters (see the post about the paper zombie). And now, with GA, I had a great disadvantage against people without useless characters, and I shouldn’t be blame for having this characters because three years ago, when I started the game, I was encouraged to get as much GP as possible.
    And I don’t feel comfortable with the people of this forum that states that some players don’t know how to play this game because of our roosters.
    For the sake of the game, I think everyone will be happy if some kind of minimum GP per char will be added to the GA mode.

I have yet to see any post from CG misleading any player by telling or encouraging them to gear up their roster. Please kindly provide said post.

I know that the fluffing of rosters to inflate GP was recognised and in a lot of cases encouraged by individuals and guilds to get better rewards in certain areas and game modes

Depends on how long you have been playing..but it was encouraged..when TB was released they announced "now you can find use of those characters that were not being used..even droids" Taking it a step further...you buy shards at the shard shop and the drop rates and toons received rarely yield anything usefull..as that is how they make money and they do encourage spending but GA is a huge misappropriation of those funds as they have a half **** game mode that grossly outmatches you hopeing you will buy more garbage. You can't deny that it is encouraged.

If it wasn't you could pick and choose gear and toons based on your purchase at the time of purchase.

So CG encouraged people to level every character they owned to 50 and gear lvl 6/7?

Which is the easiest way to fluff your roster to gain GP and thus get better rewards in certain game modes.

Levelling characters to 85 and gear 10+ is a way to make use of possibly less mainstream toons but then that is a lot more work. Or maybe even farming teams that can actually finish the mission waves but again that is more work

Wasnt the work it was the speed necesaary to max TB. That was encouraged. Its great one someone cant understand that thats account is post TB and TW

Plus in TB you only boost to purple since purples are actually worth aomething in your top toons. And at moat you only need to 7 star a toon so it's viable in platoons. You still only use roughly the same 7 teams every phase. No need to boost 70 toons when 35 will do it. And that was what was promoted in game prior to when You joined.

Lol. Good job you know when I started playing the game so that your statement is entirely correct.

Or maybe you don't and are making a huge assumption. Hmmm. Option 2 sounds much more likely

Screen shot your accounts start date and toons. Prove me wrong. Youve left a few details on this thread that would make it easily verrifiable if you screen shot an account yourr not talking about here.
    TRanger wrote: »
    Totally agree with this post. I feel like CG misled the community encouraging the players to level up and gear up his roosters (see the post about the paper zombie). And now, with GA, I had a great disadvantage against people without useless characters, and I shouldn’t be blame for having this characters because three years ago, when I started the game, I was encouraged to get as much GP as possible.
    And I don’t feel comfortable with the people of this forum that states that some players don’t know how to play this game because of our roosters.
    For the sake of the game, I think everyone will be happy if some kind of minimum GP per char will be added to the GA mode.

I have yet to see any post from CG misleading any player by telling or encouraging them to gear up their roster. Please kindly provide said post.

I know that the fluffing of rosters to inflate GP was recognised and in a lot of cases encouraged by individuals and guilds to get better rewards in certain areas and game modes

Depends on how long you have been playing..but it was encouraged..when TB was released they announced "now you can find use of those characters that were not being used..even droids" Taking it a step further...you buy shards at the shard shop and the drop rates and toons received rarely yield anything usefull..as that is how they make money and they do encourage spending but GA is a huge misappropriation of those funds as they have a half **** game mode that grossly outmatches you hopeing you will buy more garbage. You can't deny that it is encouraged.

If it wasn't you could pick and choose gear and toons based on your purchase at the time of purchase.

So CG encouraged people to level every character they owned to 50 and gear lvl 6/7?

Which is the easiest way to fluff your roster to gain GP and thus get better rewards in certain game modes.

Levelling characters to 85 and gear 10+ is a way to make use of possibly less mainstream toons but then that is a lot more work. Or maybe even farming teams that can actually finish the mission waves but again that is more work

Absolutely...why is there a Training Droid heist, or why else will you get some type of training Droid drop on ever node of this game 100% of the time. Let me tell you what it is not for...to collect 150,000 of them just to pretend you own a Battery Store every time you log in.

And you don't just stop at level 50...you take it as far as your rss will allow..in hopes to come into back to finish it before the next Marquee toon drops. And if it only allows you to get to lvl 50 at the time then so be it. You will always get more!

i stopped leveling my garbage toons as soon as i could put mods on them for the extra GP. Not going back until they were needed. As per reccomendation by CG.

Until GA arrived contradicting CG's instruction. So B1, Lando (I know late to that game) droideka... And a few others i unlocked (achievement) but sit at lvl 1.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

Wasnt the work it was the speed necesaary to max TB. That was encouraged. Its great one someone cant understand that thats account is post TB and TW

Plus in TB you only boost to purple since purples are actually worth aomething in your top toons. And at moat you only need to 7 star a toon so it's viable in platoons. You still only use roughly the same 7 teams every phase. No need to boost 70 toons when 35 will do it. And that was what was promoted in game prior to when You joined.

Lol. Good job you know when I started playing the game so that your statement is entirely correct.

Or maybe you don't and are making a huge assumption. Hmmm. Option 2 sounds much more likely

Screen shot your accounts start date and toons. Prove me wrong. Youve left a few details on this thread that would make it easily verrifiable if you screen shot an account yourr not talking about here.

Screenshot or not, he's correct that CG never encouraged any player to fluff up their roster. It was always the player's own choice. The original quote about finding a use for characters that are otherwise unused - even droids - may very well be a reference to platoons. A g1, lvl 1 character does the job in platoons just as well as a g12, lvl 85 character (or g8, lvl 53). Fluffing up is a choice.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

Absolutely...why is there a Training Droid heist, or why else will you get some type of training Droid drop on ever node of this game 100% of the time. Let me tell you what it is not for...to collect 150,000 of them just to pretend you own a Battery Store every time you log in.

And you don't just stop at level 50...you take it as far as your rss will allow..in hopes to come into back to finish it before the next Marquee toon drops. And if it only allows you to get to lvl 50 at the time then so be it. You will always get more!

i stopped leveling my garbage toons as soon as i could put mods on them for the extra GP. Not going back until they were needed. As per reccomendation by CG.

Until GA arrived contradicting CG's instruction. So B1, Lando (I know late to that game) droideka... And a few others i unlocked (achievement) but sit at lvl 1.

Which recommendation? Which instruction? Please give a reference or even a link to your source.
  • Waqui wrote: »

Screenshot or not, he's correct that CG never encouraged any player to fluff up their roster. It was always the player's own choice. The original quote about finding a use for characters that are otherwise unused - even droids - may very well be a reference to platoons. A g1, lvl 1 character does the job in platoons just as well as a g12, lvl 85 character (or g8, lvl 53). Fluffing up is a choice.[/quote

Sure if your entire point is all toons are place holders. Otherwise no theyre not the same, anymore than a 4 year old and an 18 year old in a race. Sure they can be on the block but its not an equal race.

And you quoted the encouragement. Aka coaching. Aka recommendation.

Youre right its a choice NOW, before if you chose not to you werent doing your guild a favor in TB and you were welcomed out of the guild.
  • Waqui wrote: »

Which recommendation? Which instruction? Please give a reference or even a link to your source.

Youve provided reference. Carry on
  • Tanzos
    219 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Ahem, this was the post about "Paper Zombie". Please read the highlighted section and tell me how it doesn't apply to our current GA situation of matchmaking.

da7dwkfilyrr.jpg

This is ALL the way back in 2016 so I don't take much stock in this. However, it's a quote that suggested broadening my roster. For Tournaments...

mcoddzditkzo.png

Here's another about GP and it's intended use. GP is not a measure of strength.

28n4jqrt0euo.png
    Post edited by Tanzos on
  • TRanger
    329 posts Member
    bvphrz19nio8.png
    d2v7zzv1rcih.png

Here are a few more.
  • TRanger
    329 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »

If you move your goal post you lose this debate. We have done all the work and provide you with what you asked. Here is your proof.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member

If you move your goal post you lose this debate. We have done all the work and provide you with what you asked. Here is your proof.

Except none of those tells you to buff up toons you aren't going to use, except maybe TB.....
  • Tanzos
    219 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    BubbaFett wrote: »

Except none of those tells you to buff up toons you aren't going to use, except maybe TB.....

That's not our argument, it's that it's been stated that the intent is to not punish those who upgrade their rosters and that at times it was encouraged.

Not TOLD to do so, but encouraged. That's the difference.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Tanzos wrote: »

That's not our argument, it's that it's been stated that the intent is to not punish those who upgrade their rosters and that at times it was encouraged.

Nobody encouraged anyone to buff up characters they didn't intend to use.....
  • TRanger
    329 posts Member

A year ago we didn't have a choice to choose between buffing up toons for TB or go lean for GA. TB all the same rewards are shared with the guild. GA I have been matched with none other then lean "roosters". I can only gain a level 8 reward..or 7'6'5 level if my opponent didn't set a defense giving me a win. We didn't know GA was.going too drop and be disadvantage because if it. Which is why GA matching needs changed...because CG has now created a.mode that goes against the spirit of the game.
  • TRanger
    329 posts Member

Incorrect refer to the screenshot above from TB Dev announcement.
  • TRanger
    329 posts Member
    40de2fkp1eri.png

At the top, the first thing in the description.

So someone has to date stamp themselves to have a differing opinion than yours? Well i think that's a bit extreme.

If memory serves TB was introduced August/September 2017 sort of time. If you have a look at my profile here, it shows I joined these here forums June 2016. When I started playing the game.

I hope this now allows me to have a opinion that differs from some others in this thread, if not, well get used to disappointment
  • #1 - the people with the "lean" rosters are probably the ones complaining that TW buffs like Clones and Geos are unfair, lol. I'd expect CG to keep doing things like this to encourage people to build deeper rosters or at least reward those that do. #2 - at some point the matchmaking formula will get tweaked and won't include GP from bottom of the roster toons....get ready for the flood of forum/reddit tears when that happens and the "lean" roster people start seeing their GA difficulty level going up significantly because they have no more mismatches. (Although mods and strategy and skill can make much of the difference in battles....I routinely face people with 2 to 3 times as many G12s as me and beat them)
  • TRanger
    329 posts Member
    edited March 2019

So someone has to date stamp themselves to have a differing opinion than yours? Well i think that's a bit extreme.

If memory serves TB was introduced August/September 2017 sort of time. If you have a look at my profile here, it shows I joined these here forums June 2016. When I started playing the game.

I hope this now allows me to have a opinion that differs from some others in this thread, if not, well get used to disappointment

Your opinion is allowed..we all have those. We are only providing as asked..proof that the "fluffy" argument was not suggested/incouraged. And our argument on how the current matchmaking in GA is wrong. Which we have found is actually against the spirit of the game.

I didn't join the forums for 1-2 years after I started...so to use that as date stamp of start is useless. I only joined back then to look for a guild at or near my GP and too be able to participate in TB. That was my primary reason for joining. I actually started in December 2016. Near 1 year anniversary and only 500k had downloaded the game now it has grown to over 10m. Just a little FYI. This is how "fluffy" my roster is.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    40de2fkp1eri.png

That's why I said "except TB" earlier...... That being said, TB has been around for way over a year..... Even TW is a year and a half old..... TW changed things as it made fluffing your roster actually hurt your guild, players had lots of time between the advent of TW and then GA to change the way they looked at farming their squads....
  • TRanger
    329 posts Member
    40de2fkp1eri.png

That's why I said "except TB" earlier...... That being said, TB has been around for way over a year..... Even TW is a year and a half old..... TW changed things as it made fluffing your roster actually hurt your guild, players had lots of time between the advent of TW and then GA to change the way they looked at farming their squads....

Perhaps...but that is along time to invest in toons and farming before TW was introduced...I spent alot of cash during that time doing just that. And as started we can not go back and change what we were incouraged to do in connection with the spirit of the game. To be down the road several years and disadvantage because of it now. As stated even guys with lean rosters are gaining the same.rewards as those with fluff in TB and now they have an added game mode gaining premium rewards for matches that they obviously don't need to continue in those matches. Because I embraced the spirit of the game now I'm disadvantage in a game mode where the matching is against the spirit of the game.
  • TRanger
    329 posts Member
    Regardless of pre TW, GA..or post TB..the challenge was to show proof that CG incouraged buffing your roster. Fact proof, we have done just that, multiple times with many Dev announcements. And this entire thread multiple parties have spoken up about the current mismatch in GA. Even players who have lean roster have acknowledge it.but defend it stridently. All the my race cars vs your moped senario's (sp?) GA is a defective product, broken matching system, in dire need of repairs. As it counters the very spirit of the game. (as quoted by Devs) No one should be disadvantaged due to leveling past a point where there was no knowledge of strategy in a game mode.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Ahem, this was the post about "Paper Zombie". Please read the highlighted section and tell me how it doesn't apply to our current GA situation of matchmaking.

da7dwkfilyrr.jpg

This is ALL the way back in 2016 so I don't take much stock in this. However, it's a quote that suggested broadening my roster. For Tournaments...

mcoddzditkzo.png

28n4jqrt0euo.png

1. Paper zombie issue was about a character being stronger at lower gear levels due to battle mechanics and strategy. The quote has nothing to do with match-making. It's about that a character should always be stronger in battle with better gear/abilities/rank/level.
    (Ironicaly a paper initiate and Talzin will make setting up a good run in hSTR p4 easier)

2. Yes, in this source CG encourages players to broaden theit collections, but it's still the player's own choice wether he would use his brains and take Wiggs to g11 or shut off his brains and take all jawa and tusken to g7 only. This source is not an instruction to mindlessly fluff up one's roster.

3. Match-making is not a battle functionality. Battle functionality is the functionality and mechanics in the actual battle between two teams. GP driving match-making doesn't violate what's written in the dev. post.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    bvphrz19nio8.png
    d2v7zzv1rcih.png

Here are a few more.

Yes, every point of GP helps in TB. Nobody is disputing that. This screenshot is irrelevant for this discussion. It's simply and explanation of how TB works. There is no instruction to fluff up one's roster here.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

Incorrect refer to the screenshot above from TB Dev announcement.

The TB screenshot simply states that every point of GP provides value in TB - which is correct. There is no instruction to develop useless characters in that screenshot.
  • TRanger
    329 posts Member
    bvphrz19nio8.png
    d2v7zzv1rcih.png

Here are a few more.

Yes, every point of GP helps in TB. Nobody is disputing that. This screenshot is irrelevant for this discussion. It's simply and explanation of how TB works. There is no instruction to fluff up one's roster here.

Read the top.....TB is the first feature where every character collected and upgraded provides value. (Buff up your roster) and this is all done prior to TW and GA when it suddenly shifted.

da7dwkfilyrr.jpg

mcoddzditkzo.png

28n4jqrt0euo.png

1. Paper zombie issue was about a character being stronger at lower gear levels due to battle mechanics and strategy. The quote has nothing to do with match-making. It's about that a character should always be stronger in battle with better gear/abilities/rank/level.
    (Ironicaly a paper initiate and Talia will make setting up a good run in hSTR p4 easier)

2. Yes, in this source CG encourages players to broaden theit collections, but it's still the player's own choice wether he would use his brains and take Wiggs to g11 or shut off his brains and take all jawa and tusken to g7 only. This source is not an instruction to mindlessly fluff up one's roster.

3. Match-making is not a battle functionality. It's the functionality and mechanics in the actual battle between two teams. GP driving match-making doesn't violate what's written in the dev. post.

It is against the spirit of the game to disadvantage players who level past a point. It is against the spirit of the game.
  • TRanger
    329 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    All the announcements provided insinuate buff, buff, buff....and there is still the point that disadvantage to players who level past a point is against the spirit.of the game. That was stated as thier philosophy... In No way just a NS zombie problem. You asked for proof anywhere that CG supported buffing rosters. It was provided..you agreed that they did for TB. Don't be contradictory now.
    Post edited by TRanger on
  • Tanzos
    219 posts Member
    @Waqui

Care to find a Dev post that says "You should only focus on certain characters and never increase your GP on useless characters with your excess resources"

Or "Don't use your excessive amount of credits and ability mats because it will make your matchmaking imbalanced."

I'll be waiting.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Why are people still complaining? This is a game of resources and their scarcity. If you haven’t figured that out by now that’s on you.
    Why are people still complaining? This is a game of resources and their scarcity. If you haven’t figured that out by now that’s on you.

Becauae the only people who think we dont have a valid complaint joined post TB or are primarily running an alt that they started poat TB.

This

But hey if i had an insane advantage and was racking up mods n gear n zetas increasing power gap i would fight to keep that advantage any way possible.... who wouldnt... just wish their dont fix it arguments held water
  • I totally agree with what the topic author said.

I reported here in My last GA, that when I saw the inventory of my first opponent I knew I would win, the second I knew I would lose and the third I knew I would win. second prize track ok.

And the first place won because he had Revan, 100k more power only in the personanges and 100k less in the power of ships than the others in the GA.

GA 3x3 could save us time if the algorithm itself declares itself soon to win and the other positions and distribute the prizes, because it would certainly save us time, if it is to continue as it is.