GP Matchmaking & “Fluff”

Replies

  • I totally agree with what the topic author said.

    I reported here in My last GA, that when I saw the inventory of my first opponent I knew I would win, the second I knew I would lose and the third I knew I would win. second prize track ok.

    And the first place won because he had Revan, 100k more power only in the personanges and 100k less in the power of ships than the others in the GA.

    GA 3x3 could save us time if the algorithm itself declares itself soon to win and the other positions and distribute the prizes, because it would certainly save us time, if it is to continue as it is.
  • BubbaFett
    1999 posts Member
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Tanzos wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    miguelfoo wrote: »
    Totally agree with this post. I feel like CG misled the community encouraging the players to level up and gear up his roosters (see the post about the paper zombie). And now, with GA, I had a great disadvantage against people without useless characters, and I shouldn’t be blame for having this characters because three years ago, when I started the game, I was encouraged to get as much GP as possible.
    And I don’t feel comfortable with the people of this forum that states that some players don’t know how to play this game because of our roosters.
    For the sake of the game, I think everyone will be happy if some kind of minimum GP per char will be added to the GA mode.

    I have yet to see any post from CG misleading any player by telling or encouraging them to gear up their roster. Please kindly provide said post.

    I know that the fluffing of rosters to inflate GP was recognised and in a lot of cases encouraged by individuals and guilds to get better rewards in certain areas and game modes

    Depends on how long you have been playing..but it was encouraged..when TB was released they announced "now you can find use of those characters that were not being used..even droids" Taking it a step further...you buy shards at the shard shop and the drop rates and toons received rarely yield anything usefull..as that is how they make money and they do encourage spending but GA is a huge misappropriation of those funds as they have a half **** game mode that grossly outmatches you hopeing you will buy more garbage. You can't deny that it is encouraged.

    If it wasn't you could pick and choose gear and toons based on your purchase at the time of purchase.

    So CG encouraged people to level every character they owned to 50 and gear lvl 6/7?

    Which is the easiest way to fluff your roster to gain GP and thus get better rewards in certain game modes.

    Levelling characters to 85 and gear 10+ is a way to make use of possibly less mainstream toons but then that is a lot more work. Or maybe even farming teams that can actually finish the mission waves but again that is more work

    Absolutely...why is there a Training Droid heist, or why else will you get some type of training Droid drop on ever node of this game 100% of the time. Let me tell you what it is not for...to collect 150,000 of them just to pretend you own a Battery Store every time you log in.

    And you don't just stop at level 50...you take it as far as your rss will allow..in hopes to come into back to finish it before the next Marquee toon drops. And if it only allows you to get to lvl 50 at the time then so be it. You will always get more!

    i stopped leveling my garbage toons as soon as i could put mods on them for the extra GP. Not going back until they were needed. As per reccomendation by CG.

    Until GA arrived contradicting CG's instruction. So B1, Lando (I know late to that game) droideka... And a few others i unlocked (achievement) but sit at lvl 1.

    Which recommendation? Which instruction? Please give a reference or even a link to your source.

    If you move your goal post you lose this debate. We have done all the work and provide you with what you asked. Here is your proof.

    Except none of those tells you to buff up toons you aren't going to use, except maybe TB.....

    That's not our argument, it's that it's been stated that the intent is to not punish those who upgrade their rosters and that at times it was encouraged.

    Not TOLD to do so, but encouraged. That's the difference.

    Nobody encouraged anyone to buff up characters they didn't intend to use.....

    Ok dude youre right. Its fair. Ead. Youre useless here

    Rudeness is a sign of lack of intelligence..... That was pretty rude....

    Zero correlation. Sorry i hurt your feels cupcake

    And I am sorry you are hurt over a mobile game..... I like cupcakes....
  • Waqui
    6012 posts Member
    TRanger wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    bvphrz19nio8.png
    d2v7zzv1rcih.png

    Here are a few more.

    Yes, every point of GP helps in TB. Nobody is disputing that. This screenshot is irrelevant for this discussion. It's simply and explanation of how TB works. There is no instruction to fluff up one's roster here.

    Read the top.....TB is the first feature where every character collected and upgraded provides value. (Buff up your roster) and this is all done prior to TW and GA when it suddenly shifted.

    Again: CG doesn't instruct or encourage players to fluff up their roster. They simply explain that any point of GP (fluff or not) has value in TB. CG leaves it entirely up to the reader to decide how to develop their roster.

    Nobody is disputing wether fluff helped in TB or not. We're discussin wether CG instructed/encouraged players to fluff up their roster or not - and they didn't do that in the referenced announcement.





  • Waqui
    6012 posts Member
    Tanzos wrote: »
    @Waqui

    Care to find a Dev post that says "You should only focus on certain characters and never increase your GP on useless characters with your excess resources"

    Or "Don't use your excessive amount of credits and ability mats because it will make your matchmaking imbalanced."

    I'll be waiting.

    No. Why should I? I never claimed such announcements exist. Do your own research.
  • TRanger
    304 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    bvphrz19nio8.png
    d2v7zzv1rcih.png

    Here are a few more.

    Yes, every point of GP helps in TB. Nobody is disputing that. This screenshot is irrelevant for this discussion. It's simply and explanation of how TB works. There is no instruction to fluff up one's roster here.

    Read the top.....TB is the first feature where every character collected and upgraded provides value. (Buff up your roster) and this is all done prior to TW and GA when it suddenly shifted.

    Again: CG doesn't instruct or encourage players to fluff up their roster. They simply explain that any point of GP (fluff or not) has value in TB. CG leaves it entirely up to the reader to decide how to develop their roster.

    Nobody is disputing wether fluff helped in TB or not. We're discussin wether CG instructed/encouraged players to fluff up their roster or not - and they didn't do that in the referenced announcement.





    It is still the intent of the post as that's how the game makes money spend your cash on our packs,buff up,maximize TB. And the second supporting piece is the other announcement.
  • No_Try
    3790 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    Tanzos wrote: »
    @Waqui

    Care to find a Dev post that says "You should only focus on certain characters and never increase your GP on useless characters with your excess resources"

    Or "Don't use your excessive amount of credits and ability mats because it will make your matchmaking imbalanced."

    I'll be waiting.

    No. Why should I? I never claimed such announcements exist. Do your own research.

    I'll be waiting for the post that says "Do your own research."
  • BubbaFett
    1999 posts Member
    TRanger wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    bvphrz19nio8.png
    d2v7zzv1rcih.png

    Here are a few more.

    Yes, every point of GP helps in TB. Nobody is disputing that. This screenshot is irrelevant for this discussion. It's simply and explanation of how TB works. There is no instruction to fluff up one's roster here.

    Read the top.....TB is the first feature where every character collected and upgraded provides value. (Buff up your roster) and this is all done prior to TW and GA when it suddenly shifted.

    Again: CG doesn't instruct or encourage players to fluff up their roster. They simply explain that any point of GP (fluff or not) has value in TB. CG leaves it entirely up to the reader to decide how to develop their roster.

    Nobody is disputing wether fluff helped in TB or not. We're discussin wether CG instructed/encouraged players to fluff up their roster or not - and they didn't do that in the referenced announcement.





    It is still the intent of the post as that's how the game makes money spend your cash on our packs,buff up,maximize TB. And the second supporting piece is the other announcement.

    People spent cash on junk toons to get them to 7*, level 50?........
  • TRanger
    304 posts Member
    lnx9fc4gcvlw.png

    The philosophy

    3cfvranvpyff.png

    Buff up..please feel free to read again.
  • TRanger
    304 posts Member
    edited March 4
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    bvphrz19nio8.png
    d2v7zzv1rcih.png

    Here are a few more.

    Yes, every point of GP helps in TB. Nobody is disputing that. This screenshot is irrelevant for this discussion. It's simply and explanation of how TB works. There is no instruction to fluff up one's roster here.

    Read the top.....TB is the first feature where every character collected and upgraded provides value. (Buff up your roster) and this is all done prior to TW and GA when it suddenly shifted.

    Again: CG doesn't instruct or encourage players to fluff up their roster. They simply explain that any point of GP (fluff or not) has value in TB. CG leaves it entirely up to the reader to decide how to develop their roster.

    Nobody is disputing wether fluff helped in TB or not. We're discussin wether CG instructed/encouraged players to fluff up their roster or not - and they didn't do that in the referenced announcement.





    It is still the intent of the post as that's how the game makes money spend your cash on our packs,buff up,maximize TB. And the second supporting piece is the other announcement.

    People spent cash on junk toons to get them to 7*, level 50?........

    Correct but mine are not level 50 they are level 85...gear 8&9..... abilities almost complete. Modded....a ton of value invested in each and every toon. Mostely lacking in Zata and omagas..as those are ability mats that are rareist.
  • BubbaFett
    1999 posts Member
    TRanger wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    bvphrz19nio8.png
    d2v7zzv1rcih.png

    Here are a few more.

    Yes, every point of GP helps in TB. Nobody is disputing that. This screenshot is irrelevant for this discussion. It's simply and explanation of how TB works. There is no instruction to fluff up one's roster here.

    Read the top.....TB is the first feature where every character collected and upgraded provides value. (Buff up your roster) and this is all done prior to TW and GA when it suddenly shifted.

    Again: CG doesn't instruct or encourage players to fluff up their roster. They simply explain that any point of GP (fluff or not) has value in TB. CG leaves it entirely up to the reader to decide how to develop their roster.

    Nobody is disputing wether fluff helped in TB or not. We're discussin wether CG instructed/encouraged players to fluff up their roster or not - and they didn't do that in the referenced announcement.





    It is still the intent of the post as that's how the game makes money spend your cash on our packs,buff up,maximize TB. And the second supporting piece is the other announcement.

    People spent cash on junk toons to get them to 7*, level 50?........

    Correct but mine are not level 50 they are level 85...gear 8&9..... abilities almost complete. Modded....a ton of value invested in each and every toon.

    And where do you use them?.....
  • TRanger
    304 posts Member
    In every aspect of the game. I use my entire roster vs my opponent on GA but thier super only viable toons for that game mode is unbalanced as my entire roster that matches thier GP and are counted as potential when they have more zatas and g12 toons vs mine which is an obstacle/gap that will never be closed vs my opponents. So only count the top half or give more balanced matches out of 10m+ accounts in this game mode.
  • TRanger
    304 posts Member
    We're not advocateing for your walk through matches..were advocateing for a more balanced mode taking into account individual play styles and rosters. Not just GP based.
  • BubbaFett
    1999 posts Member
    TRanger wrote: »
    In every aspect of the game. I use my entire roster vs my opponent on GA but thier super only viable toons for that game mode is unbalanced as my entire roster that matches thier GP and are counted as potential when they have more zatas and g12 toons vs mine which is an obstacle/gap that will never be closed vs my opponents. So only count the top half or give more balanced matches out of 10m+ accounts in this game mode.

    So, you use all of your toons your levelled toons a still complain because your opponent was more focused?.....

    Why wouldn't you have as many Zetas?..... Those have been super awesome since they were implemented....
  • TRanger
    304 posts Member
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    In every aspect of the game. I use my entire roster vs my opponent on GA but thier super only viable toons for that game mode is unbalanced as my entire roster that matches thier GP and are counted as potential when they have more zatas and g12 toons vs mine which is an obstacle/gap that will never be closed vs my opponents. So only count the top half or give more balanced matches out of 10m+ accounts in this game mode.

    So, you use all of your toons your levelled toons a still complain because your opponent was more focused?.....

    Why wouldn't you have as many Zetas?..... Those have been super awesome since they were implemented....

    Zata drops are inconsistent..sometimes 0,1,2,3...fleet credits used to continue to build ships..not always the Zata at times toons.

    I was focused just not your style of focus. So tell me if you only won where opponents don't set defense.. constantly massively out matched. Would you sit here and say it was fair? How is it your game focus should allow you to go against opponents who have no chance against you then matching you vs opponents with your same type of focus. How is it you feel you shouldn't have to match stronger opponents much less ones of your same roster focus. And those who have the opposite must be matched vs others such as yourself.

    Please explain how you winning matches hands down winning premium rewards helps me to reach your level...and why they are needed if you are to be continued to be matched vs players with my similar focus. Shouldn't those rewards be helping you vs opponents with your play style and unique focus. Shouldn't you be "trialing" your rosters vs others who are the same?
  • TRanger
    304 posts Member
    TRanger wrote: »
    We're not advocateing for your walk through matches..were advocateing for a more balanced mode taking into account individual play styles and rosters. Not just GP based.

    Let me requote myself here..perhaps you didn't read it. If you did this explains it again.
  • I was one of the "victims" of the end of the paper zombie. I was very angry at the time, but the reason for the rework was plausible. the complaint is, there is a way to manipulate the PG to pick up weaker opponents and better prizes.

    1) Such manipulation is unacceptable. The EA countered this manipulation in the zombie case and therefore the minimum start to find a solution to this problem, especially for GA 3x3.

    2) Everyone has already realized that the algorithm is unbalanced, mods issues, Revan can not be defeated in 3x3 and etc.

    So instead of the staff give a statement, saying we are looking for a solution or there is no possible solution, the case of GA 3x3 and the threat of destroying the finn zeta.

    Problems do not always have an immediate solution, but making a topic about what is known about GA problems should suffice.
  • BubbaFett
    1999 posts Member
    TRanger wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    In every aspect of the game. I use my entire roster vs my opponent on GA but thier super only viable toons for that game mode is unbalanced as my entire roster that matches thier GP and are counted as potential when they have more zatas and g12 toons vs mine which is an obstacle/gap that will never be closed vs my opponents. So only count the top half or give more balanced matches out of 10m+ accounts in this game mode.

    So, you use all of your toons your levelled toons a still complain because your opponent was more focused?.....

    Why wouldn't you have as many Zetas?..... Those have been super awesome since they were implemented....

    Zata drops are inconsistent..sometimes 0,1,2,3...fleet credits used to continue to build ships..not always the Zata at times toons.

    I was focused just not your style of focus. So tell me if you only won where opponents don't set defense.. constantly massively out matched. Would you sit here and say it was fair? How is it your game focus should allow you to go against opponents who have no chance against you then matching you vs opponents with your same type of focus. How is it you feel you shouldn't have to match stronger opponents much less ones of your same roster focus. And those who have the opposite must be matched vs others such as yourself.

    Please explain how you winning matches hands down winning premium rewards helps me to reach your level...and why they are needed if you are to be continued to be matched vs players with my similar focus. Shouldn't those rewards be helping you vs opponents with your play style and unique focus. Shouldn't you be "trialing" your rosters vs others who are the same?

    In case you haven't seen how the meta in this game goes etc, it has been very obvious for a very long time that focusing on, and building a team one at a time will pay off.....

    You shouldn't reach my level..... From the amount of posts you have in here, its pretty obvious that this matters to you...... So maybe stop levelling every tom, **** and harry toon and focus on building solid useful teams with your resources...... TW, and even TB should have taught people how to build if they interpreted it right.......

    As for ships, I will totally agree with you there...... I have a very solid ship team, but other than that one team, my ships stink...... Leaving them out of GA gives me an advantage I shouldn't have......
  • TRanger
    304 posts Member
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    In every aspect of the game. I use my entire roster vs my opponent on GA but thier super only viable toons for that game mode is unbalanced as my entire roster that matches thier GP and are counted as potential when they have more zatas and g12 toons vs mine which is an obstacle/gap that will never be closed vs my opponents. So only count the top half or give more balanced matches out of 10m+ accounts in this game mode.

    So, you use all of your toons your levelled toons a still complain because your opponent was more focused?.....

    Why wouldn't you have as many Zetas?..... Those have been super awesome since they were implemented....

    Zata drops are inconsistent..sometimes 0,1,2,3...fleet credits used to continue to build ships..not always the Zata at times toons.

    I was focused just not your style of focus. So tell me if you only won where opponents don't set defense.. constantly massively out matched. Would you sit here and say it was fair? How is it your game focus should allow you to go against opponents who have no chance against you then matching you vs opponents with your same type of focus. How is it you feel you shouldn't have to match stronger opponents much less ones of your same roster focus. And those who have the opposite must be matched vs others such as yourself.

    Please explain how you winning matches hands down winning premium rewards helps me to reach your level...and why they are needed if you are to be continued to be matched vs players with my similar focus. Shouldn't those rewards be helping you vs opponents with your play style and unique focus. Shouldn't you be "trialing" your rosters vs others who are the same?

    In case you haven't seen how the meta in this game goes etc, it has been very obvious for a very long time that focusing on, and building a team one at a time will pay off.....

    You shouldn't reach my level..... From the amount of posts you have in here, its pretty obvious that this matters to you...... So maybe stop levelling every tom, **** and harry toon and focus on building solid useful teams with your resources...... TW, and even TB should have taught people how to build if they interpreted it right.......

    As for ships, I will totally agree with you there...... I have a very solid ship team, but other than that one team, my ships stink...... Leaving them out of GA gives me an advantage I shouldn't have......

    Respects mate..but please reread all the post. It has all already been done prior to GA. I can not take it back.

    Still you failed to answer any questions of why you feel you must continue to outmatch your opponents instead of those with your similar roster. Somehow you should be exempt and handed wins at others expense for rewards you don't need too beat them.

    Yes I'm very passionate about this as I have invested alot of capital into my roster and somehow don't deserve a fair and balanced opportunity to enjoy what I have already invested.

  • Tanzos
    197 posts Member
    @Waqui

    I did my research.

    3hoxp2kwlwq0.png

    Again I realize it's just Tournaments and that was a while ago. However, it's cold hard evidence of an official post staying to buff up your roster. Whatever buff up meant at the time is irrelevant, because it didn't say "Get only your top teams ready" it said "Buff your roster".
  • Phoenixeon
    1086 posts Member
    edited March 4
    People with wide collection probably want GA to be a place to use all their collections and favors them, but GA favors those meta chasers, again. And they are asking for a fair fight.
  • Dk_rek
    3180 posts Member
    edited March 4
    TRanger wrote: »
    lnx9fc4gcvlw.png

    The philosophy

    3cfvranvpyff.png

    Buff up..please feel free to read again.

    /thread

    Edit
    TRanger wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    In every aspect of the game. I use my entire roster vs my opponent on GA but thier super only viable toons for that game mode is unbalanced as my entire roster that matches thier GP and are counted as potential when they have more zatas and g12 toons vs mine which is an obstacle/gap that will never be closed vs my opponents. So only count the top half or give more balanced matches out of 10m+ accounts in this game mode.

    So, you use all of your toons your levelled toons a still complain because your opponent was more focused?.....

    Why wouldn't you have as many Zetas?..... Those have been super awesome since they were implemented....

    Zata drops are inconsistent..sometimes 0,1,2,3...fleet credits used to continue to build ships..not always the Zata at times toons.

    I was focused just not your style of focus. So tell me if you only won where opponents don't set defense.. constantly massively out matched. Would you sit here and say it was fair? How is it your game focus should allow you to go against opponents who have no chance against you then matching you vs opponents with your same type of focus. How is it you feel you shouldn't have to match stronger opponents much less ones of your same roster focus. And those who have the opposite must be matched vs others such as yourself.

    Please explain how you winning matches hands down winning premium rewards helps me to reach your level...and why they are needed if you are to be continued to be matched vs players with my similar focus. Shouldn't those rewards be helping you vs opponents with your play style and unique focus. Shouldn't you be "trialing" your rosters vs others who are the same?

    In case you haven't seen how the meta in this game goes etc, it has been very obvious for a very long time that focusing on, and building a team one at a time will pay off.....

    You shouldn't reach my level..... From the amount of posts you have in here, its pretty obvious that this matters to you...... So maybe stop levelling every tom, **** and harry toon and focus on building solid useful teams with your resources...... TW, and even TB should have taught people how to build if they interpreted it right.......

    As for ships, I will totally agree with you there...... I have a very solid ship team, but other than that one team, my ships stink...... Leaving them out of GA gives me an advantage I shouldn't have......



    Yes I'm very passionate about this as I have invested alot of capital into my roster and somehow don't deserve a fair and balanced opportunity to enjoy what I have already invested.

    More /thread
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    In every aspect of the game. I use my entire roster vs my opponent on GA but thier super only viable toons for that game mode is unbalanced as my entire roster that matches thier GP and are counted as potential when they have more zatas and g12 toons vs mine which is an obstacle/gap that will never be closed vs my opponents. So only count the top half or give more balanced matches out of 10m+ accounts in this game mode.

    So, you use all of your toons your levelled toons a still complain because your opponent was more focused?.....

    Why wouldn't you have as many Zetas?..... Those have been super awesome since they were implemented....

    Zata drops are inconsistent..sometimes 0,1,2,3...fleet credits used to continue to build ships..not always the Zata at times toons.

    I was focused just not your style of focus. So tell me if you only won where opponents don't set defense.. constantly massively out matched. Would you sit here and say it was fair? How is it your game focus should allow you to go against opponents who have no chance against you then matching you vs opponents with your same type of focus. How is it you feel you shouldn't have to match stronger opponents much less ones of your same roster focus. And those who have the opposite must be matched vs others such as yourself.

    Please explain how you winning matches hands down winning premium rewards helps me to reach your level...and why they are needed if you are to be continued to be matched vs players with my similar focus. Shouldn't those rewards be helping you vs opponents with your play style and unique focus. Shouldn't you be "trialing" your rosters vs others who are the same?

    In case you haven't seen how the meta in this game goes etc, it has been very obvious for a very long time that focusing on, and building a team one at a time will pay off.....

    You shouldn't reach my level..... From the amount of posts you have in here, its pretty obvious that this matters to you...... So maybe stop levelling every tom, **** and harry toon and focus on building solid useful teams with your resources...... TW, and even TB should have taught people how to build if they interpreted it right.......

    As for ships, I will totally agree with you there...... I have a very solid ship team, but other than that one team, my ships stink...... Leaving them out of GA gives me an advantage I shouldn't have......

    It's about building one team at a time, until that team becomes obsolete and now pads your stats in a bad way, not to mention building peripheral teams to aid the process. What a waste with Jawas for example, geared up to clear the mod challenge, then now completely obsolete.

    Then there's TB, which required players to boost their GP by levelling up the entire roster. Before TW existed, the level 1s were the liability to the guild by holding others back with not enough GP. Padding GP was the thing players should have been doing.
  • Waqui
    6012 posts Member
    TRanger wrote: »
    lnx9fc4gcvlw.png

    The philosophy

    3cfvranvpyff.png

    Buff up..please feel free to read again.

    Yes, it says buff up your characters. It doesn't say:
    Do it mindlessly and take all jawa and tusken to g8/lvl53.

    The post is from back when there were only few game modes, and players could pretty much get by by only having 1 strong team (for arena) and 1 - 3 more for Rancor and hAAT (and not many guilds even did hAAT). So yes, for tournaments you needed to broaden your roster. It's then up to the reader/player to decide wether to take Wiggs to g11/lvl80 or take all jawa and tusken to g8/lvl53.
  • Waqui
    6012 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Tanzos wrote: »
    @Waqui

    Care to find a Dev post that says "You should only focus on certain characters and never increase your GP on useless characters with your excess resources"

    Or "Don't use your excessive amount of credits and ability mats because it will make your matchmaking imbalanced."

    I'll be waiting.

    No. Why should I? I never claimed such announcements exist. Do your own research.

    I'll be waiting for the post that says "Do your own research."

    Stop your silly trolling. You're wasting bandwidth.
  • Waqui
    6012 posts Member
    TRanger wrote: »
    We're not advocateing for your walk through matches..were advocateing for a more balanced mode taking into account individual play styles and rosters. Not just GP based.

    You're assuming, that GP is the only parameter used at matchmaking. You don't have an official source for that. It's only speculations.
  • Waqui
    6012 posts Member
    This:
    Tanzos wrote: »
    @Waqui

    I did my research.

    [image deleted]

    Again I realize it's just Tournaments and that was a while ago. However, it's cold hard evidence of an official post staying to buff up your roster. Whatever buff up meant at the time is irrelevant, because it didn't say "Get only your top teams ready" it said "Buff your roster".

    Is completely irrelevant for this:
    Waqui wrote: »
    Tanzos wrote: »
    @Waqui

    Care to find a Dev post that says "You should only focus on certain characters and never increase your GP on useless characters with your excess resources"

    Or "Don't use your excessive amount of credits and ability mats because it will make your matchmaking imbalanced."

    I'll be waiting.

    No. Why should I? I never claimed such announcements exist. Do your own research.

    If you want to see those dev posts, do your own research. I never claimed they exist. I'm not obliged to find them.
  • Waqui
    6012 posts Member
    Geshtianna wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    In every aspect of the game. I use my entire roster vs my opponent on GA but thier super only viable toons for that game mode is unbalanced as my entire roster that matches thier GP and are counted as potential when they have more zatas and g12 toons vs mine which is an obstacle/gap that will never be closed vs my opponents. So only count the top half or give more balanced matches out of 10m+ accounts in this game mode.

    So, you use all of your toons your levelled toons a still complain because your opponent was more focused?.....

    Why wouldn't you have as many Zetas?..... Those have been super awesome since they were implemented....

    Zata drops are inconsistent..sometimes 0,1,2,3...fleet credits used to continue to build ships..not always the Zata at times toons.

    I was focused just not your style of focus. So tell me if you only won where opponents don't set defense.. constantly massively out matched. Would you sit here and say it was fair? How is it your game focus should allow you to go against opponents who have no chance against you then matching you vs opponents with your same type of focus. How is it you feel you shouldn't have to match stronger opponents much less ones of your same roster focus. And those who have the opposite must be matched vs others such as yourself.

    Please explain how you winning matches hands down winning premium rewards helps me to reach your level...and why they are needed if you are to be continued to be matched vs players with my similar focus. Shouldn't those rewards be helping you vs opponents with your play style and unique focus. Shouldn't you be "trialing" your rosters vs others who are the same?

    In case you haven't seen how the meta in this game goes etc, it has been very obvious for a very long time that focusing on, and building a team one at a time will pay off.....

    You shouldn't reach my level..... From the amount of posts you have in here, its pretty obvious that this matters to you...... So maybe stop levelling every tom, **** and harry toon and focus on building solid useful teams with your resources...... TW, and even TB should have taught people how to build if they interpreted it right.......

    As for ships, I will totally agree with you there...... I have a very solid ship team, but other than that one team, my ships stink...... Leaving them out of GA gives me an advantage I shouldn't have......

    It's about building one team at a time, until that team becomes obsolete and now pads your stats in a bad way, not to mention building peripheral teams to aid the process. What a waste with Jawas for example, geared up to clear the mod challenge, then now completely obsolete.

    Then there's TB, which required players to boost their GP by levelling up the entire roster. Before TW existed, the level 1s were the liability to the guild by holding others back with not enough GP. Padding GP was the thing players should have been doing.

    And then only few months after TB came TW, where boosting your GP with useless characters would have a similar effect as it does now in GA:
    It may give you a stronger opponent. GA didn't come until a year later. Players had time to adjust.
  • Snake2
    1376 posts Member
    Let's steer this in a different direction from the current "cg said this!" "Nu-uh!" path.

    This is a game about collecting. You can use some of your collection to play various modes in the game, which helps increase your collecting power.

    There is now a mode in GA which negatively affects collectors. For the first time since bronziums had a smaller drop rate for activated toons I have unactivated toons on my roster by choice in droideka and b1. I can't change the past, but I can change my future play. I don't think this is what cg wants people to do, but it's going to become more common. That is reason enough to correct the match making.

    For the guys that want it to stay the same. Why? It seems from most of the posts that you feel the easy wins are your reward for min/max farming. Don't you want competitive battles against other min/maxers to find out who is the best?

    Or are you afraid if they change something you might end up in an unfair situation where you end up the loser instead?
  • As a collector, I'm one of the player that has been affected by the GP system for pairing opponents and I claim for a better match making system in GA.

    I understand that GA is a brand new mode, and developers are monitoring the impact on the game, and there are still some things that have to be tuned.

    This post contains several proofs that show how the game has shifted from develop your roster as much as you can, towards keep your roster lean no matter what, with the inconvenience that you can not go back once you had choosen buff your roster.

    And as it's said, I don't understand why players prefers an easy win with no challenge at all, versus to a pairing with other players from whom you can learn offense tactics, defense line-up, etc...
  • No_Try
    3790 posts Member
    edited March 4
    Waqui wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Tanzos wrote: »
    @Waqui

    Care to find a Dev post that says "You should only focus on certain characters and never increase your GP on useless characters with your excess resources"

    Or "Don't use your excessive amount of credits and ability mats because it will make your matchmaking imbalanced."

    I'll be waiting.

    No. Why should I? I never claimed such announcements exist. Do your own research.

    I'll be waiting for the post that says "Do your own research."

    Stop your silly trolling. You're wasting bandwidth.

    Relax lol

Sign In or Register to comment.