GA 3/2/19 ?

Replies

• Just cancel it and give everyone second place rewards. Then figure out how to make two GA tourneys display on the screen similar to the TW and TB menu before launching more back-to-backs.
    Go Pens!
  • YKMisfit
    730 posts Member
    Shadowz wrote: »
    There is definitely a 5v5 GA on. I just joined it with my Alt (I didn't enter the last one). But it's not showing for me on my main.
    So that tells me there seems to be an issue with the overlap. The review phase is stopping us from joining the new GA.

ho4ox0g8sfl7.png
    Shadowz wrote: »
    There is definitely a 5v5 GA on. I just joined it with my Alt (I didn't enter the last one). But it's not showing for me on my main.
    So that tells me there seems to be an issue with the overlap. The review phase is stopping us from joining the new GA.

ho4ox0g8sfl7.png

Exact same thing with me. My alt that didn’t join the last one is already joined in this one, but my main account doesn’t even have the option
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    please cancel and give us the rewards!
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • When your review phase end, then you can join the new GA. You had 1 hour to do it. I just set my phone alarm to wake me up and i join with no problems. Now when i am watching my opponents i see that i will finish first in this GA, if they do not cancel :wink:
  • Tautas
    87 posts Member
    This is nonsence. When they will cancel this bug GA?
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    They shouldn't cancel it. There are numerous people unaffected by it. They should just schedule an additional one later this week. If they cancel it they'll just get a backlash from those who can/have joined the 3/3 one
  • Reyalp wrote: »
    They shouldn't cancel it. There are numerous people unaffected by it. They should just schedule an additional one later this week. If they cancel it they'll just get a backlash from those who can/have joined the 3/3 one

Second this, who cares about those who only play it casually? I'm finally in a bracket where I have a fighting chance (i.e. no Revan).
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    But..."extensive internal testin..." yeah, nevermind.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    But..."extensive internal testin..." yeah, nevermind.

Thats code for the cost benefit analysis telling them each additional day of testing = less money
  • Jack92
    179 posts Member
    GeiloRen87 wrote: »
    Reyalp wrote: »

Second this, who cares about those who only play it casually? I'm finally in a bracket where I have a fighting chance (i.e. no Revan).

Play It casually = 1 hour of join
    XD

There are people sleeping during this period.
    People who work and can't take the phone during that time.
    And so on...

• Jack92 wrote: »

XD

And so on...

Their loss.
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    Jack92 wrote: »

XD

And so on...

I don't see what your point is? I had 24 hours to join. I shouldn't be penalised for their mistake. If they cancel it, then everyone should get 1st place rewards. Just putting another one in solves the problem as the only people affected are those who played the 28/2 one AND didn't register within the hour.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member

XD

And so on...

I don't see what your point is? I had 24 hours to join. I shouldn't be penalised for their mistake. If they cancel it, then everyone should get 1st place rewards. Just putting another one in solves the problem as the only people affected are those who played the 28/2 one AND didn't register within the hour.

Lol they will cancel because 90% of players were unable to join due to RL....if they dont then they will have a much larger riot on their hands.
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    Kokie wrote: »

XD

And so on...

Lol they will cancel because 90% of players were unable to join due to RL....if they dont then they will have a much larger riot on their hands.

Not really. The only people who would gain an advantage is the ones who caught the 1 hour window and signed up. That's probably a tiny amount. Easier to run this and add another.
  • Kokie wrote: »

XD

And so on...

Agreed. My pitchfork and torch are standing by. I haven’t missed a GA yet. I couldn't be available for the 1 forking hour this was open because of other commitments. Not happy.

Honestly...how does stuff like this slip through? The QA has *really* been going downhill here recently...
  • Jack92
    179 posts Member

XD

And so on...

You had 24 hours, all the players who played the last one had 60 minutes.
    In this time window, someone was sleeping (example 3am o'clock), somone was in a meeting, etc.

So the right thing to do is move this GA to another date.
    Or they could remove them and give everyone First place's rewards.

No penalty for those lucky enough to join in 1 hour
    No penalty for the unlucky One
    No penalty for anyone.

Its really simple.

XD

And so on...

Going by your logic, they should just launch another GA now so that the rest of us can sign up and play. It’s fair too - u guys who already signed up dont get to join this for rewards.
  • GeiloRen87 wrote: »

XD

And so on...

Their loss.

That’s what we’re gonna say to u when they cancel it (:
  • LOL, yet another thing on their laundry list of fixes they have to do for their lack of correct implementation
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member

XD

And so on...

TRANSLATION: "I didn't join the previous GA and missed out on rewards so since I just got an undeserved benefit the devs should let me get these rewards as a freebie and they should be unfair to the majority of players who DID join the previous GA. Also, I always lose at GA and love that the smaller pool of players who joined this GA means I'm paired with weaker players for once. Also, I put question marks at the end of sentences that aren't questions."
  • The lack of events and screwing up GA.... I think they need to have a meeting and find out why mistakes like this happen.
  • vksg
    132 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Grimstoned wrote: »
    The lack of events and screwing up GA.... I think they need to have a meeting and find out why mistakes like this happen.
    Maybe it's one of CG_SBCrumb's puzzles and we just haven't found the pattern in it yet o:)

• So, this ridiculous thing already are Live?
    Should I set defenses?
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    dalosto147 wrote: »
    So, this ridiculous thing already are Live?
    Should I set defenses?

If you're in, set defenses. Better safe than sorry.
    Kokie wrote: »

XD

And so on...

Not really. The only people who would gain an advantage is the ones who caught the 1 hour window and signed up. That's probably a tiny amount. Easier to run this and add another.

Or just give us all rewards for their error. Would've been nice to know there was only an 1 hour widow to join. Not like I'm glued to the forums 24/7
  • BeijiraReykvana
    57 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Why is it so hard, @CG_TopHat, to take a quick decision on this and post an update before everyone who has joined the current GA has to put defenses and thus waste additional time in case it will be canceled?
    I honestly don't really mind if you cancel it or not, but you should let us know already whether to invest any more time or not!!!

Suggestion: Give everyone 1m Credits and 8 impulse modulators as a compensation for the mess and any time and resources wasted on this (e. g. for remodding, which I did yesterday for it...), cancel the current event and start it again.
This discussion has been closed.