Regarding Heroine Bundle Purchases

Replies

• This comp is frankly pathetic. Since clearly the methods and practices of "old" are at play in this game, I am not spending a single penny again. Clearly CG doesn't understand their own game and the costs associated with it. Barrok certainly holds the opinion of the developers here. I don't distinguish between a digital good and a tangible one. I don't know why you would. The description of the character is clearly stated, the character was part of a bundle purchase (and as the most powerful would substantiate most of the value), and the developer made a substantial change to that character that not only damaged the value of the good they purchased, but diminished the substantial time and effort used to advance the character. In a court of law, you would lose sir. Either way, I'm done. Enjoy this type of "giving back to the customer for our bad behavior" as it will happen OFTEN.
  • Hello, as the number 1 squad arena for the past five days, I would like a complete refund for the heroine package. Because of your weak testing, I'm supposed to just accept 500 gems in place of a package that cost exponentially more money. I'm a huge Starcraft nerd and I will be sure to blast this game on every forum I come in contact with. This is an unacceptable proposition that were supposed to just sit back and take it. Very disappointed in EA.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    @cosmicturtle333 .. if only 500 crystals actually WOULD buy lots of energy in this game. :)
    Ignoring ewok (for obvious reasons).. honestly, it's fine if people don't think any sort of compensation should have been given. But if they were going to do it, it should have been meaningful. This wasn't.
    A while back I purchased a smartphone mount for my car. A little plastic ring that holds the pieces together broke several months ago and I put off contacting the company. I finally emailed them last week and just asked them if they could send me the ring (a 10c part) but they said they couldn't do that.
    Instead he asked me for my receipt. When I looked it up, I discovered that I was 5 days past the 1 year warranty. The CS rep said "close enough" and the company sent me an entire new unit. Free.
    That's customer service that engenders loyalty.
    That was an actual manufactured product that cost money to make, plus shipping. The cost of these crystals to EA is.. zero. They could have made a more meaningful gesture. Again, JMHO.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • 500 crystal won't even upgrade a storm trooper..we should all be refunded @ full price.
  • BBB is next to be notified.
  • Your 500 means **** to the 10k I have
  • Don't recognize you as a top player. Enjoy those gems.
  • Qeltar, nicely put. Any reputable company would've given a complete refund. Not a package worth not even 5 bucks. Big corporation sticking it to us.
  • Sizdar, back me!
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    I didn't expect ANY sort of cash refund. That costs money, and it's hard to justify.
    But all the digital stuff costs them nothing. What if they gave everyone 65 Barriss shards? Basically saying "okay, we had to nerf her overall, but here's a bit of a boost to compensate, she's the same but we are giving you the 5* version". That would have been a meaningful gesture. And cost them nothing.
    500 crystals? That's one subscription delivery and one arena award. *shrug*
  • Vallik
    163 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    lol 500 crystals..

your $50 purchase is now considerably less than what was advertised

here is $5 go away now

im glad Google saw it differently
  • What this whole fiasco does is shatter the faith of people who were willing to spend $$ on these hero packs from doing so in the future. 5$ for the dooku - great! Lot of crying about how OP he is, but he didn't get the hammer like Bariss did. But if he got it that bad, it's a cup of starbucks, no big deal.

Now that packs are going for $50 and $100, that starts to make a difference. I will refrain from purchasing anything like that. Instead, I will just log on the forums, cry about how OP the characters in that bundle are, and watch the "balancing". I will instead spend $50 on a good bottle of scotch that I will polish off while reading through the backlash.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    edited December 2015
    disappointed in you Captial , with strength and people like mark otero leading I have to say I am shocked at this response and It In no way comes close to the compensation for the nerf which is the same situation with advisor lel and the gcp pack issue in hoda
    Post edited by Vampire_X on
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • @Vampire.
    Thanks will do.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Guys, you might want to edit that stuff out. I'm pretty sure it's against forum rules.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    @cosmicturtle333 .. if only 500 crystals actually WOULD buy lots of energy in this game. :)
    Ignoring ewok (for obvious reasons).. honestly, it's fine if people don't think any sort of compensation should have been given. But if they were going to do it, it should have been meaningful. This wasn't.
    A while back I purchased a smartphone mount for my car. A little plastic ring that holds the pieces together broke several months ago and I put off contacting the company. I finally emailed them last week and just asked them if they could send me the ring (a 10c part) but they said they couldn't do that.
    Instead he asked me for my receipt. When I looked it up, I discovered that I was 5 days past the 1 year warranty. The CS rep said "close enough" and the company sent me an entire new unit. Free.
    That was an actual manufactured product that cost money to make, plus shipping. The cost of these crystals to EA is.. zero. They could have made a more meaningful gesture. Again, JMHO.

I am 100% with you. I bopught the pack when I first joined because of the reviews on Barriss as a big healer. Wanted something to help me get rolling. I have bought the 15,710 Crystal refill multiple times and the 7,370 one multiple times. In my upgrading of Barriss I'd say I used at least the 15,710 one given how the drop rate is and the cost to get the mats and gear. That is $100 worth of Crystals, atop the $50 I never would have spent if not for her being reviewed as an massively strong healer with huge health. So I invested at least $150 into this 1 single toon, and not even having her 3 weeks my over $150 invested and time was destroyed like the Death Star. EA/CG made a gesture, but really, 500 Crystals? 610 cost $4.99 I invested over 30x that into her and not on others as fast as I would have. I appreciate the gesture, albeit an incredible weak one. I had spent well over $500 in a couple weeks here. After this gesture I will not be spending another cent and will find another game to invest in and just slow grind from here on out. My 5* JC and 4* Lum heal better than Barriss does and they hit way harder. Is she serviceable, yes, on my c or d team, B in GW, but I did not invest $150+ for a toon to not be on my A team. Oh before the f2p folks start saying if you can't afford don't buy, I spend more than that on a glass of scotch or bottle of wine to go with my entree on a casual unwind night out. It is not the amount of money, it is the consumer trust. A toon that many invested good money on has now lost a lot of her luster. Her heal powers were cut in half with no add to her very weak offense and no decrease on her cooldown, and $4 worth of crystals is supposed to make up for it. That will not even get you 1 full shipment purchase in shipments, or 4 cantina energy refills. It is what it is. Like I said nice that they made a gesture, just it was a very weak one that did not instill any confidence in me on spending to level up or buy packs so from here on I will join the f2p ranks.
  • Same as cosmicturtle. Whenever I see Barris as leader I get relief from knowing it's 4 vs 5 in my favor - almost. The again, I don't use a heavy damage team, but each char hits hard, with no Barris or tanks. Today, the Barris nerf makes it a no brainer. I still haven't seen, but a 7* Barris may be much more annoying.
    I didn't expect ANY sort of cash refund. That costs money, and it's hard to justify.
    But all the digital stuff costs them nothing. What if they gave everyone 65 Barriss shards? Basically saying "okay, we had to nerf her overall, but here's a bit of a boost to compensate, she's the same but we are giving you the 5* version". That would have been a meaningful gesture. And cost them nothing.
    500 crystals? That's one subscription delivery and one arena award. *shrug*

Agreed again.

I am 100% with you. I bopught the pack when I first joined because of the reviews on Barriss as a big healer. Wanted something to help me get rolling. I have bought the 15,710 Crystal refill multiple times and the 7,370 one multiple times. In my upgrading of Barriss I'd say I used at least the 15,710 one given how the drop rate is and the cost to get the mats and gear. That is $100 worth of Crystals, atop the $50 I never would have spent if not for her being reviewed as an massively strong healer with huge health. So I invested at least $150 into this 1 single toon, and not even having her 3 weeks my over $150 invested and time was destroyed like the Death Star. EA/CG made a gesture, but really, 500 Crystals? 610 cost $4.99 I invested over 30x that into her and not on others as fast as I would have. I appreciate the gesture, albeit an incredible weak one. I had spent well over $500 in a couple weeks here. After this gesture I will not be spending another cent and will find another game to invest in and just slow grind from here on out. My 5* JC and 4* Lum heal better than Barriss does and they hit way harder. Is she serviceable, yes, on my c or d team, B in GW, but I did not invest $150+ for a toon to not be on my A team. Oh before the f2p folks start saying if you can't afford don't buy, I spend more than that on a glass of scotch or bottle of wine to go with my entree on a casual unwind night out. It is not the amount of money, it is the consumer trust. A toon that many invested good money on has now lost a lot of her luster. Her heal powers were cut in half with no add to her very weak offense and no decrease on her cooldown, and $4 worth of crystals is supposed to make up for it. That will not even get you 1 full shipment purchase in shipments, or 4 cantina energy refills. It is what it is. Like I said nice that they made a gesture, just it was a very weak one that did not instill any confidence in me on spending to level up or buy packs so from here on I will join the f2p ranks.

100%
    the f2p community only see that we got profits from her, but spend more into her then we got. those 500 crystals are not even 1 Itemslot on her Epic Gear
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    BookFodda wrote: »
    Don't recognize you as a top player. Enjoy those gems.

Oh... you the guy that occupies the 1st spot that lvl 53 Mol Elza keeps sniping you just before the rewards? :)
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • BookFodda
    11 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    BBB and Attorney General have been notified. Please take time to voice your complaints.
    Attorney General website for California https://oag.ca.gov/consumers
  • 500 crystals? What a joke! With how terrible the drop rate to investment ratio is for 7 staring characters they could of at least given $25 worth of crystals. Not like anyone would of opened their 8 pull and been like "Yes! Now I don't have to spend any more money on the game!". Seriously, the gacha for this game is terrible.

At least it was easy to get my money back for not only the Bariss pack, but ALL my purchases. :)
  • What's BBB? I thought someone meant BB-8 when I first saw this.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Sorry, better business bureau. Of course they're not accredited with them but it's good to get the word out.
  • Hey all. Just a couple of ideas of this issue. People didn´t waste any gem to get this Pack. Keep this in mind. It was a purchase paid by real money. Another thing to keep in mind, as Starkiller pointed, is that Barris was the main reason that we dediced to buy the Pack, not Asajj Ventress or Ashoka Tano at all. Considering the value of the purchase was close to 7500 crystalls, we are getting like a 15% of the total value of the pruchase. In my opinion, the value of this purchase in gameplay is obsolete or practically obsolete, so the compensation to those who bought it should be the total or almost the total of the cost in terms of crystalls. 15% is, as some stated, pathetic. Hope you can reconsider this :smile:
    My Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes channel: youtube.com/channel/UChbo9FA2_LS9XqlQG1AqXMQ
  • At first I thought it was 5,000 crystals and i thought "well, that is not really getting my money back but I guess that is okay with me." Instead, they really just slapped us all in the face. What terrible decision making on their behalf. Apple will now have to intervene.
  • What's BBB? I thought someone meant BB-8 when I first saw this.

Better Business Bureau... BBB
  • Well that was certainly an underwhelming gesture on their part.
    Guess they should have held off until Tuesday at 3pm PST like they said and come up with something better.

After buying all the packs, including the Kylo and many of the 2800 and 7370 crystal shipments, I don't think I'll be investing any more, thanks CG, for nothing.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Preemo_Magin
    1826 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Lately, all my viewpoints are best summed up by Qeltar. I have stated in the expectation survey that anything like 300-500 Crystals was insulting. It's 5 shards? It's not even worth $3. The 7 day subscription brings more than 500 in the first 3 days, and still has 4 more days to run.

What a cheap compensation for a company that wanted to make it right. 5 shards for a fully geared char that's of very little use now.

This changed my perception of CG completely. Not happy.
  • Darkstar wrote: »
    At first I thought it was 5,000 crystals and i thought "well, that is not really getting my money back but I guess that is okay with me." Instead, they really just slapped us all in the face. What terrible decision making on their behalf. Apple will now have to intervene.

Yeah I thought $5k too and I was like, ok I can live with that, despite what i paid in to level and gear her atop the pack, then I noticed there was only two zeros after the 5 and honestly just shook my head and said why bother. Again it was a gesture and often gestures are not made, it was just a poor one.
This discussion has been closed.