Grand Arena Megathread

Replies

• nabs
    1 posts Member
    CG what is this... 1 or 2 hours to join grand arena??? The only reason i put a significant sum of money in this game versus other games is because this is a high quality game that doesnt make mistakes like this ruining my whole weekend of fun
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    So is this thing gonna be canceled? If so they need to do it in 2 hours. If they allow it to just run and cancel after we play a round I'll be majorly ****.
  • @CG_SBCrumb: If you do not cancel it, a lot of people will be upset for missing out. If you cancel it without giving any rewards, then you will have a lot of people upset (like me) that spent a ton of credits swapping mods in and out. So please at least give out some rewards to cover our expenses. Thank You
  • So GA was just cancelled right now? it just disappeared after I set defenses yesterday. Where's the communication? No notice in game, no forum post from devs really?
  • DarkISI
    91 posts Member
    So GA was just cancelled right now? it just disappeared after I set defenses yesterday. Where's the communication? No notice in game, no forum post from devs really?

You are kidding me, right? How can you pretend like there was no communication when the devs threw out two announcements about it?
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/196997/3-3-2019-grand-arena-scheduling-issue#latest
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/197149/grand-arena-reschedule#latest
  • DarkISI
    91 posts Member
    Any idea what is meant by "modified round rewards"? @CG_TopHat
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    DarkISI wrote: »
    Any idea what is meant by "modified round rewards"? @CG_TopHat

ket53hlknr17.png

Yeah that caught my eye as well.
  • DemonR
    68 posts Member
    Sigh.

I spent my twenty minutes doing my mod setup.... and then they cancel it mid round? Blehg. Which i didnt waste the twenty minutes, and all of the credits to re-mod! Second aborted grand arena!

Herp derp.
  • So GA was just cancelled right now? it just disappeared after I set defenses yesterday. Where's the communication? No notice in game, no forum post from devs really?

Besides the multiple forum posts mentioned by someone else, there was also an in-game mail about it after the restart. They said pretty much right away when the issue came up yesterday that it was going to be canceled.
    DemonR wrote: »
    Sigh.

I spent my twenty minutes doing my mod setup.... and then they cancel it mid round? Blehg. Which i didnt waste the twenty minutes, and all of the credits to re-mod! Second aborted grand arena!

Herp derp.

There was information posted about this....it was pretty obvious when the GA opened up with a 1 hour join period that something was wrong and CG said pretty quickly that the GA was most likely going to be canceled and restarted.
  • @CG_TopHat you may also wanna revisit the schedule of the second and third GA this month. I see potentially the same problem like this one
  • Line_LeBobcat
    29 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    So GA was just cancelled right now? it just disappeared after I set defenses yesterday. Where's the communication? No notice in game, no forum post from devs really?

Besides the multiple forum posts mentioned by someone else, there was also an in-game mail about it after the restart. They said pretty much right away when the issue came up yesterday that it was going to be canceled.
    Sigh.

Herp derp.

There was information posted about this....it was pretty obvious when the GA opened up with a 1 hour join period that something was wrong and CG said pretty quickly that the GA was most likely going to be canceled and restarted.

First off I had more than 1 hour to join, I had 24 hours, so nothing was pretty obvious to be that it would be cancelled. I joined, then yesterday I set defenses, today attack phase opens and its suddenly cancelled.

The multiple forum posts other people mentioned say "stay tuned". If they were going to cancel it they should have cancelled it during Join period not let everyone sign up then set defenses then kill it on day 3 after attacks.

So no I'm not kidding, I wasn't aware of the official cancellation post that went up a few hours ago on day 3 of GA. It's my fault that I'm not checking the forum 24/7.

Sigh.

Herp derp.

First off I had more than 1 hour to join, I had 24 hours, so nothing was pretty obvious to be that it would be cancelled. I joined, then yesterday I set defenses, today attack phase opens and its suddenly cancelled.

The multiple forum posts other people mentioned say "stay tuned". If they were going to cancel it they should have cancelled it during Join period not let everyone sign up then set defenses then kill it on day 3 after attacks.

So no I'm not kidding, I wasn't aware of the official cancellation post that went up a few hours ago on day 3 of GA. It's my fault that I'm not checking the forum 24/7.

So you not only saw at least the first forum post, but still complained about no communication, you were also able to attack even though the update that canceled it went live 45 minutes before the attack phase.
    You can do great things ...

You also realize, that yesterday was Sunday?
    When Tophat came here to inform everyone about the GA being most likely canceled, he did so on his day off. They sure as hell didn't call in enough people on their day off to set up an update and put it out. It was Sunday. Let them have a weekend. Seriously.

• Can we all take a moment and applaud CG for their diversity, no employer in the world has got such a diverse range. The only other place out of the wild you can find this many chimps anywhere is in a zoo.

Well done on having the lowest average IQ of any company in the world. One day I am sure you will release a character or a game mode that doesn't break the game.
  • Broxxor
    595 posts Member
    So...2 PM has come and gone. No preview in my game.

You guys literally shut down the only reason I'm still playing. GA was something you actually got right.
  • Cancelling / rescheduling wasn't the best solution in my opinion. Of course people should not be punished for missing out on a forum post and a small, accidental time window. But on the other hand, very active players who pay attention to such things should be rewarded for their determination. If someone had a good match-making this time, next time on the rescheduled one it could be totally different, so fairness is always a point of view. Imho it would have been good to not cancel the event, but therefore give those who were not able to participate 8th place rewards for compensation.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    CPTLoven wrote: »

“I’m way in front so GA is just great”
    SMUG, doesn’t address any issues. Feel good calling folks with issues “whiners”?

“Everyone (who reads all posts) was notified” - hey genius, lots of folks take this as A GAME, not a career. Reading forum posts is not mandatory, despite what you like.

You get from the game what you put into it.
    I work 40+ hours and have two kids under 3. Nothing here but a bunch of whiners wanting to be great with little effort.
    Top 50 really? If you focused on squads and got them to G12 on your own, you’d do better. Stop asking CG to do your focusing and do it yourself. Oh wait, it’s just a game. Since it’s just a game, stop whining!
    You quote about as well as you troll.

Throwing logs on the fire to someone who's already worked up does not seem wise unless the end goal is to send them so far over the edge on purpose to get them banned...

Otherwise the straight back and forth "your a troll" "NO your a troll" is really making things bad around here

State of game is really not that great right now, tensions are high I think everyone needs to stop flaming each other....

(I'm also a guilty party here in the past but I'm turning over a new leaf) in the immortal words of the greatest boxing movie in cold war history...

"If I can change.......and you can change......EVERYBODY can change....Adriaaaannnnnn"
    Broxxor wrote: »
    So...2 PM has come and gone. No preview in my game.

You guys literally shut down the only reason I'm still playing. GA was something you actually got right.

To be fair it's something they got right for you....there are a lot of us who can't stand it.. matchmaking is prob my biggest grip besides the boring same 10 teams place and go dullness...

I think if matchmaking was better and maybe they put in bonuses like in TW it would not be so boring
    I'm sure it's more fun for newer players who don't just have the same teams same setup, every time wash rinse repeat... Its' just dull and with the ridiculous matchmaking you can literally log in see you are automatically going to get last place....throw down cup somewhere come back in a week get your trash.....

meh

I'm happy for the people who love it....just don't group me in....I'm with the GA is horrible crowd :)
  • ZoeyMara
    57 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    i honestly don't like GA too much, the match making isn't really fair they use a artificial number GP that's inflated by another artificial number Ship GP when Ships aren't even used. Makes it where someone who has heavily invested in the ships aspect of the game get well screwed because their GP is inflated. Or someone with like 5 Gear12 gets matched against someone with 20..its like a instant loss. The match making system needs a overhaul to bring about a fair system.

The inflated numbers from ship GP also puts some of us into Brackets where we dont even have enough teams to fill in all the defense positions and have enough teams left over to even do offense, im like 20k from being promoted to the next group, which i will get destroyed in even though i do ok in my current group because i barely as is now have just the right amount of teams for my current group, i go up a group i wont have enough teams to fill the offensive and defensive slots to even fully play it.

ive heard from a lot that just don't even bother to set defenses cause its worthless to them , they get matched with far stronger players every time because they are collectors , and sense they are collectors their GP is inflated and doesn't actually represent their real power.

That being said i do love the idea of GA , it just needs to be ironed out , and i saw in a recent post they have plans to make some changes like auto defense , which is good . I can honestly say the only reason i do GA is because its about the only place i can get reliable Zeta's outside of the fleet event. If they ever removed Zeta's from it i would most likely not bother with it.
  • CPTLoven wrote: »
    Ship GP has always been a part of the calculation. The whiners want a calculation based on what? Your GP total of your best toons and ignore the fact you don’t focus your leveling and gearing efforts? This current GA at 3 million I have 40 G12 and the best opponent on paper has 24 G12. It’s not my fault people don’t focus.
    I'm focused on ships.
    SHIPS ARE A PART OF THE GAME.
    I usually able to get into second rewards pool, but once I was last and twice in the third rewards pool - all of those happened in 3vs3 non-ships GAs.
    Yet it's not "fun and playful" when you always face opponents with 150-350k more character GP while you can not use the potential of the thing you focused on. And as a result, to get some results you need to pick you attacks carefully while you opponents doesn't even need to bother about his attacks.

PS: Your kids and a ton of arrogance doesn't give you a permission to label everyone who sees that something is wrong as a "whiner".

I used to be #1 at payout in fleet. I focused more on fleet than arena. I switched to arena focus and now can only crack top 10 in fleet. But I win in GA. Im also top 100 in arena. If you’re not top 100
    In arena or fleet, stop whining and up your game. CPTL
    Everyone needs to stop whining and find a balance. I did. So can you. It’s very easy, just stop what you’re doing and focus your efforts.

My advice to you all? You’re either are not in an HSTR guild or you score low. Being top ten in HSTR gives a boon. You should be there. Work the following squads to G12 with zeta (fleet is what gets you the zeta lol):
    This is not the order of work. Find what’s closest and work them first.
    NS
    RJT/BB8/R2/scav Rey/RT
    Phoenix - you need this to use Han **** correctly anyway duh! (Side note this team can defeat many teams in GA)
    MG Leia/Chex- this is a luxury to help you score better when HSTR is new.

Old Republic (all) - you need the one Revan we know about. He’s a game changer and the other will be also.

FO- they’re solid with Fox and zetas

Bossk led BH team. I lost a 3v3 battle against a 5* Jango!!! My focus isn’t on Jango right now. He’s a luxury item.

CLS with Wookiee. The days of that meta are almost gone but in Arena, speed kills. You still need them

Sith or empire. DN should be G12 no matter what you do. Zeta is optional. I don’t have it.
    Ship GP has always been a part of the calculation. The whiners want a calculation based on what? Your GP total of your best toons and ignore the fact you don’t focus your leveling and gearing efforts? This current GA at 3 million I have 40 G12 and the best opponent on paper has 24 G12. It’s not my fault people don’t focus.
    I'm focused on ships.
    I usually able to get into second rewards pool, but once I was last and twice in the third rewards pool - all of those happened in 3vs3 non-ships GAs.
    Yet it's not "fun and playful" when you always face opponents with 150-350k more character GP while you can not use the potential of the thing you focused on. And as a result, to get some results you need to pick you attacks carefully while you opponents doesn't even need to bother about his attacks.

PS: Your kids and a ton of arrogance doesn't give you a permission to label everyone who sees that something is wrong as a "whiner".

I used to be #1 at payout in fleet. I focused more on fleet than arena. I switched to arena focus and now can only crack top 10 in fleet. But I win in GA. Im also top 100 in arena. If you’re not top 100
    Everyone needs to stop whining and find a balance. I did. So can you. It’s very easy, just stop what you’re doing and focus your efforts.

My advice to you all? You’re either are not in an HSTR guild or you score low. Being top ten in HSTR gives a boon. You should be there. Work the following squads to G12 with zeta (fleet is what gets you the zeta lol):
    NS
    RJT/BB8/R2/scav Rey/RT
    Phoenix - you need this to use Han **** correctly anyway duh! (Side note this team can defeat many teams in GA)

Old Republic (all) - you need the one Revan we know about. He’s a game changer and the other will be also.

Bossk led BH team. I lost a 3v3 battle against a 5* Jango!!! My focus isn’t on Jango right now. He’s a luxury item.

CLS with Wookiee. The days of that meta are almost gone but in Arena, speed kills. You still need them

Sith or empire. DN should be G12 no matter what you do. Zeta is optional. I don’t have it.

And yes, sir in some zeta. I have 120 right now. Waiting for the next game changed and keeping someninreserve.
  • Screw CUP. He’s a waste of resources.
    I'm focused on ships.

NS
    RJT/BB8/R2/scav Rey/RT

And yes, sir in some zeta. I have 120 right now. Waiting for the next game changed and keeping someninreserve.
    I'm focused on ships.

NS
    RJT/BB8/R2/scav Rey/RT

Oh I forgot. Check your mods before GA starts. Every big team needs speed secondaries. If you don’t use mod layouts, you’re lazy and that’s why you lose. Speed kills!!
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    modified ROUND rewards looooooooooooooooooooool what a joke
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Tautas
    87 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    Cancelling / rescheduling wasn't the best solution in my opinion. Of course people should not be punished for missing out on a forum post and a small, accidental time window. But on the other hand, very active players who pay attention to such things should be rewarded for their determination. If someone had a good match-making this time, next time on the rescheduled one it could be totally different, so fairness is always a point of view. Imho it would have been good to not cancel the event, but therefore give those who were not able to participate 8th place rewards for compensation.

Ya, that's the saying of player who joined that bug. If you would be player that not joined that bug and write this - it would be ok, but we all know that's not the case, so all your text is just......

It is the same as for me saying, - they should given 1st place to all who not able to join because of bug and to those who joined it - they should given the place they won in GA themselves.

Thanks for canceling this bug.
  • Anyword of when the modified round awards will be given out?
  • Tautas wrote: »
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    Cancelling / rescheduling wasn't the best solution in my opinion. Of course people should not be punished for missing out on a forum post and a small, accidental time window. But on the other hand, very active players who pay attention to such things should be rewarded for their determination. If someone had a good match-making this time, next time on the rescheduled one it could be totally different, so fairness is always a point of view. Imho it would have been good to not cancel the event, but therefore give those who were not able to participate 8th place rewards for compensation.

Ya, that's the saying of player who joined that bug. If you would be player that not joined that bug and write this - it would be ok, but we all know that's not the case, so all your text is just......

It is the same as for me saying, - they should given 1st place to all who not able to join because of bug and to those who joined it - they should given the place they won in GA themselves.

Thanks for canceling this bug.
    You are assuming a lot while being completely wrong. If I had missed out, my opinion would not be different. I would only be angry at myself and be happy for getting at least anything, and for doing nothing 8th place rewards are fine. It's the same thing as with other parts of the game, when you time your battles before your arena po and log in for every bonus energy refresh, you are ahead of those who don't / can't / want for whatever personal reasons.

• Hoping they have fixed the broken matchmaking that includes Ship GP in the calculations for non-ship events! We'll know for sure in 2 hours, but I'm not holding my breath since they haven't announced the change yet. I'm probably going to get matched up with several people that have 30% more squad GP than I do again.