IPD node forever longer than Leia

Prev1
Gair
616 posts Member
I've had my leia organa 7* for quite awhile from TB. IPD on the other hand is like a nightmare.

Leia got a lot easier on most since captain solo isnt required. Where is IPD lovin?

Replies

• UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    Gair wrote: »
    I've had my leia organa 7* for quite awhile from TB. IPD on the other hand is like a nightmare.

Leia got a lot easier on most since captain solo isnt required. Where is IPD lovin?

He's in Galactic Bounties. Apart from that the only thing slowing your progress is your guild. The requirements aren't that high frequency that mission. I get 100 shards of IPD every DSTB and it goes straight to the shard shop.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    The IPD mission is definitely harder than the ROLO mission was. However, get your guild to focus on their imperial trooper teams. They are great for Dark Side TB, Territory Wars, and they earn the IPD. Overall, it's a great investment for your guild to make.
  • Our guild has to file a complain every DSTB just to get IPD shards. There is a bug that if you do the Ship Sector with the Guild Currency special mission (that requires 5 star Chimera) and the IPD special mission during the same phase you won't get rewards for either. We just got the rewards for the 2 DSTB in December and the one in January. We are missing the February one now.

Funny thing is that the new people that joined the guild got them too. One person received 84 IPD shards the day after joining. He/she was happy.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Blindfate wrote: »
    Our guild has to file a complain every DSTB just to get IPD shards. There is a bug that if you do the Ship Sector with the Guild Currency special mission (that requires 5 star Chimera) and the IPD special mission during the same phase you won't get rewards for either. We just got the rewards for the 2 DSTB in December and the one in January. We are missing the February one now.

Funny thing is that the new people that joined the guild got them too. One person received 84 IPD shards the day after joining. He/she was happy.

How do you do those two battles in the same phase? The 5-star Chimaera Special Mission is in phase 4, whereas the IPD shard-granting mission is in phase 3. You should never be able to access both at the same time.
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    jkray622 wrote: »
    Our guild has to file a complain every DSTB just to get IPD shards. There is a bug that if you do the Ship Sector with the Guild Currency special mission (that requires 5 star Chimera) and the IPD special mission during the same phase you won't get rewards for either. We just got the rewards for the 2 DSTB in December and the one in January. We are missing the February one now.

How do you do those two battles in the same phase? The 5-star Chimaera Special Mission is in phase 4, whereas the IPD shard-granting mission is in phase 3. You should never be able to access both at the same time.

If you get 0 stars in a zone it doesn't open the next zone in the next phase and you get to/have to retry the zone. Sounds like they're sacrificing a zone on P6 to get more stars on an earlier zone.
  • Gair
    616 posts Member

****, I would be happy too! Lol. Strangely our guild really hasnt progressed at all on IPD. Troopers are kind of a long shot to bother with for most, especially since there is a lot more pressing farms.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    I think it's just that ROLO's node only requires like, Hoth Soldier or something, whereas IPD requires a full Imp. Troopers team. Personally I've had to back-burner the troopers about fifteen times because something more "urgent" always seems to come up - new legendary, heroic Sith teams, etc etc etc.

And I know a lot of guildmates are in the same boat: want to build the team but it just doesn't seem that important because IPD is the only thing that explicitly requires them, and IPD isn't super amazing or anything.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Prosser
    278 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »
    I think it's just that ROLO's node only requires like, Hoth Soldier or something, whereas IPD requires a full Imp. Troopers team. Personally I've had to back-burner the troopers about fifteen times because something more "urgent" always seems to come up - new legendary, heroic Sith teams, etc etc etc.

And I know a lot of guildmates are in the same boat: want to build the team but it just doesn't seem that important because IPD is the only thing that explicitly requires them, and IPD isn't super amazing or anything.

This.

We are in the same boat. We just got Hsith on farm so now we are making a guild wide effort for imps and Rogue one teams so we can squeeze more stars out of our TBs.

Of course if a new raid drops that doesn't need either they may go to the back burner again...
  • Prosser wrote: »

This.

We are in the same boat. We just got Hsith on farm so now we are making a guild wide effort for imps and Rogue one teams so we can squeeze more stars out of our TBs.

Of course if a new raid drops that doesn't need either they may go to the back burner again...

ROLO’s mission used t require Hoth Han too, but there was some sort of bug with him so they removed him from the requirements. It made getting ROLO 100x easier.
  • Prosser
    278 posts Member
    Prosser wrote: »

This.

ROLO’s mission used t require Hoth Han too, but there was some sort of bug with him so they removed him from the requirements. It made getting ROLO 100x easier.

Ya that happened right around when I started playing. Saw those rolo shards skyrocket!
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member

Just a suggestion here, but can like 10 of your guildies focus on imp troopers? It's the same advice I give guilds trying to complete sith heroic. If people are willing to skip the new and shiny then they could help imp troopers for ipd. They really only need to be gear 9 to get through it if modded semi well.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Also, a tip on how to gear a little faster. I never have more than 6 favorites at a time. I usually work on a squad/faction plus 1 character that I like or that has been a back burner character. For example, right now its Carth, Juhani, Dbas, Ordo and HK plus Echo. The first 5 are obvious, Echo is there because I have a feeling a clone rework is coming at some point, and even if it doesnt TW keeps getting clone bonuses so it still works.

Echo will always be last priority if shared gear comes up, but it will still happen.
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    Prosser wrote: »

This.

That's the actual problem is there is little to no incentive on getting imperial troopers up to even bother with IPD. There are a ton of more important farms.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Imperial Troopers are really good at TW, GA, and dark side TB. Shore and Death Trooper are required crew of a really good imperial ship. Death Trooper is important for Heroic Sith raid phase 3. Troopers are also a huge chunk of the platoons required in Dark Side TB.

They aren't arena meta, but there is lots of value to be obtained from acquiring them.

Plus, if IPD is ever needed for something critical, it's not a character you can "quick-farm." It will take a guild at least 4 dark side TB (read: 4 months) to go from 0 to 330 shards, and that's if 42 members are beating the mission. The later your guild starts, the longer it will take to get there.

• OP has a point.
    It's bad enough Capt Solo requirement was lifted due to bug, but it's worse now that the bug has not been fixed for months (or maybe a year but who knows. it's been so long).
  • It's not a bug it's a feature.
  • Man, you guys are missing the boat here. IPD is an amazing toon and the Imperial Troopers are fan-freaking-tastic. I am guessing that if you do not have Troopers then you are in a lower GP level guild.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Troopers are worth the investment....I slow farmed and geared mine but now I'm loving them
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    Yeah only 4 of us currently can complete it, including myself and our guild has 130million gp.

You cant justify farming an entire comp for IPD either when you have c3po, both revans now, ot falcon , etc etc. Devs need to throw a bone at IPD for those of us stuck in that later meta madness.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    It depends on your guild and its priorities. Mine can get, like, seventy shards normally.

You need strong troopers, though not necessarily an ideal lineup. I couldn't do it consistently until I got Deathtrooper, and it's still not a trivial fight. Right now, I use Veers, Starck, Storm, Snow, Death.
    Yeah only 4 of us currently can complete it, including myself and our guild has 130million gp.

You cant justify farming an entire comp for IPD either when you have c3po, both revans now, ot falcon , etc etc. Devs need to throw a bone at IPD for those of us stuck in that later meta madness.
    IPD isn't even important for anything.

Troopers are a strong general-purpose dark side team, flexible mix-and-match components for Empire teams, a strong check on a lot of defensive teams in TW/GA including Nightsisters, and just generally very useful. It's an overstatement to say they're just for IPD.

And even if they were just for IPD, it's more neat than crucial for anything. You could put it off indefinitely and miss little, just like my Rogue One team for the last node of LSTB gets consistently dropped down the priority list.
    Still not a he.
  • Kokie wrote: »
    Troopers are worth the investment....I slow farmed and geared mine but now I'm loving them

Yeah, but they are hard to gear up...
  • Gair wrote: »
    That surprises me. I’d say most guilds at that level have Troopers. Great for TB progress and a good counter for TW. In our guild a zeta Veers trooper team was heavily recommended for progress.

• Gair
    616 posts Member
    AdiSecura wrote: »
    That surprises me. I’d say most guilds at that level have Troopers. Great for TB progress and a good counter for TW. In our guild a zeta Veers trooper team was heavily recommended for progress.

I have both Veers and Stark zeta'd actually. I run them with snow, range, and shore trooper. Range trooper underrated btw bigtime. I found it to be infinitely easier with range vs death.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    I have both Veers and Stark zeta'd actually. I run them with snow, range, and shore trooper. Range trooper underrated btw bigtime. I found it to be infinitely easier with range vs death.
    Every report on Rangetrooper I've heard is that they're fantastic.

But few have been able to spare the resources to farm Range compared to other units dropped in similar timeframe.
    Still not a he.
  • Riffinator
    2585 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Every report on Rangetrooper I've heard is that they're fantastic.

But few have been able to spare the resources to farm Range compared to other units dropped in similar timeframe.

that is simply priorities my guy
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • DJayK3
    90 posts Member
    Got my 7 star IPD not long ago. Yes it’s harder to acquire than Leia, but I’m a 2.6M GP dolphin with a hSTR guild and it STILL took us a long minute. Not everything comes easy in this game. Besides, he’s not very viable except those rare occasions you want to detonate a pesky opponent. Baby steps.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Riffinator wrote: »
    that is simply priorities my guy
    And for me, Rangetrooper isn't gonna be a priority for a hot minute, no matter how big a jump in the effectiveness of my troopers team.
    Still not a he.
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    Jppc wrote: »
    You can farm stormtrooper from cantinas’s shop, starck from guild shop, magma from GW so 3 out of 5 are easy, veers is hard node but you can get a ship in the same node, so It isn’t too bad. Snowtrooper and DT are on cantina’s node (you will want DT for Chexmix at some point so why not now?). It’s not the best comp of IT but they work to get IPD.

Having them 7* isn't the hard part, the hard part is gearing them. I have a g8-g9 IT team and I still can't beat it.