Update on the Finn/Threepio Raid Interaction: Resulting Finn Modifications [MEGA]

Replies

• YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Gorem wrote: »
    Honestly, I do love how 30+ pages of this thread would not exist if the OP ended with "We will be refunding the mat's needed to zeta finn so that you can decide if you want to keep this change or not, since we've done this in the past for lesser reasons". It is like the devs like playing with us on here :p
    You've seen this forum's reaction to everything CG does.

There would have been just as much kvetching either way.
    Still not a he.
  • SmurfLAX28
    288 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Honestly, I do love how 30+ pages of this thread would not exist if the OP ended with "We will be refunding the mat's needed to zeta finn so that you can decide if you want to keep this change or not, since we've done this in the past for lesser reasons". It is like the devs like playing with us on here :p

Well seeing as this thread is already 10 pages longer than the Paper Zombie megathread and that has been resolved and completely finished while this thread still has 10+ pages of unanswered responses to go... Want to re-evaluate that answer?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited March 2019
    SmurfLAX28 wrote: »

Well seeing as this thread is already 10 pages longer than the Paper Zombie megathread and that has been resolved and completely finished while this thread still has 10+ pages of unanswered responses to go... Want to re-evaluate that answer?

Zombie was not a zeta, was not a 2+ year old toon and had no precedent to reference, so they are completely different situations and this change could potentially have more far reaching ramifications.

I agree there would have been a reaction just as long as this.
  • SmurfLAX28
    288 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Kyno wrote: »

Zombie was not a zeta, was not a 2+ year old toon and had no precedent to reference, so they are completely different situations and this change could potentially have more far reaching ramifications.

Do do realize that thread was them talking about the daka ZETA refund?

• Kyno wrote: »

How is them talking about refunding Daka’s ZETA because the massive rework not related? Keep trying.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

How is them talking about refunding Daka’s ZETA because the massive rework not related? Keep trying.

yeah i realized, but wasn't going to change that part. the rest still stands true. zFinn has been a highly recommended zeta for what his leads was since he got it. to change it now was always going to upset a lot of people, regardless of the refund. I feel more people zetaed finn for what was stated as his kit than Daka for the interaction with a low gear zombie.

zombie took away a single strategy point, that was to keep her low gear. this rework could potentially hurt many strategies and teams that could benefit or work with zFinn as he was.

• Roahn
    231 posts Member
    So when does the zfinn rework take place?

We all knew this was coming. From when the first video showed up showing zfinn with c-3po. Time and time again it's the community that does the testing and not the devs. Maybe their should be some compensation to the community but wait there kind of is. Think of all the Crystal we get from completing dailies and on certain days we get Crystal from the daily login. We can only hope that when either Darth Revan or Darth Malik are released there won't be another need to rework some character for some unintended loop.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Roahn wrote: »

We all knew this was coming. From when the first video showed up showing zfinn with c-3po. Time and time again it's the community that does the testing and not the devs. Maybe their should be some compensation to the community but wait there kind of is. Think of all the Crystal we get from completing dailies and on certain days we get Crystal from the daily login. We can only hope that when either Darth Revan or Darth Malik are released there won't be another need to rework some character for some unintended loop.

I'm not defending what has passed, because this one should have come through in testing as it is a pretty simple setup and easy level theory crafting team, but it is 5M vs 5. the community will always be able to find things that they miss, its simple statistics. we can try things at such a faster rate than they can, and we are here 24/7. they will never be able to out test the communities ability to test.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member

Adding to what Kyno said, we do not see the things the devs catch, because they don't get to us in the first place.

Simple truth is no content reaches the end user in a perfect state, and the perfect is the enemy of the good, or the done. If we want to get reasonable amounts of content in a timely manner, there will be hiccups.
    Still not a he.
  • Even if the most likely ending to this 40 page thread is refunding a zeta, how does one zeta equate to the developers manually altering outcomes in Arena(people's payouts)/GA/TW via nerfing a team that could compete against the two hardest teams in the game?

A reworked character's viability isn't supposed to make them significantly worse and it's petty that with Revan's meta STILL growing, that they saw a problem with one team being only able to counter a select few of them (since zFinn 100% would not work against Revan teams modded for even more tenacity).
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member

One thing I have learnt on these forums though, is to never agree with YaeVizsla.

Obviously I know that the thread would still be long if it ended as I had said, but I counted, there are pages upon pages worth of people wanting a refund and most of the discussion has been about that. A lot less of the discussion has been about the rework, because we all know that the reason the rework is happening is because of Finn's arena viability, that doesn't need to be discussed really. So yes, the thread would be pages upon pages less if they had said there would be one. We already know that no matter what we said, these things happen as what we say fall on death ears.

Finn's lead could beat Revan, and they wanted people to focus on GG before that dupe, so they timed the news to come out before GG's and I notice how Finn's not been touched yet.

I, as well as many others here like the rest of the rework, it will make him a beast in the raid under JTR. However his lead has been totally gutted. There has been 0 communication on this part. Nothing on a refund, nothing on if this is even happening still now that they got people to spend gear on GG's team.

But Since it is going to happen anyway regardless of feedback, the least I can help with is trying to get a refund for the change.
  • So when is this update going live? I want to see if Finn will be viable even if he's lead isn't as viable any more. I thought it was going to take 2 weeks.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    So when is this update going live? I want to see if Finn will be viable even if he's lead isn't as viable any more. I thought it was going to take 2 weeks.

He said they are aiming for 2 weeks, but couldn't make any promises. So we are still waiting in the same position we were before.
  • HarryTDF
    417 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    I want two zetas refunded now for not deciding to refund in the first place. Thx
  • HarryTDF
    417 posts Member
    The nerf will happen after the C3PO event. They want to rake in everyone’s money who doesn’t follow forums before they crap on them.
  • Gama_Fox
    624 posts Member
    So when is this update going live? I want to see if Finn will be viable even if he's lead isn't as viable any more. I thought it was going to take 2 weeks.

He said they are aiming for 2 weeks, but couldn't make any promises. So we are still waiting in the same position we were before.

Translation:

Conveniently timed for the return of 3PO.
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    They originally announced a change on December 17, 2018 (literally last year). It has been 77 days. 77 days!! That is ridiculous. Asinine. People are waiting to see how this pans out to make decisions on gearing, zetas, what to do for sith raid, what to do for tank, what to do for arena/GA/TW. Until we can actually see how his kit performs in various areas, we can’t make those decisions. 77 days is a ridiculous amount of time to implement these changes. More than 2.5 months and counting and it’s still not implemented? That’s just incompetence. I realize other things are going on with the game so one could reasonably understand a 2 week delay, maybe 3, maybe even a month, but 77+ days??
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Gama_Fox wrote: »

Translation:

Conveniently timed for the return of 3PO.

Its like no one catchs on these fixes always coincided with the majority of people being able to get the toon....delayed fixes are just VIP gifts for the $$$$$$$$ crowd

(I would not mind it one bit.... if itbwas not passed off as something else..... truth thriumps all
  • mvmss
    213 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Don’t waste your time with Vizsla. No matter what data, stats or common customer service examples your bring to him he will only focus on what can be twisted to fit an apologetic narrative for CG.

Everyone here besides him so far I’ve seen agrees the zeta for his lead should be refunded. It’s mixed as far as how his new kit will be and those that either are excited, curious or flat out hate the rework. However I’ve seen only him say that we don’t deserve a refund on the materials even though the lead and ability are being completely changed from what we invested in.

Hey YaeVizsla while I have your attention, wanna come up with an excuse why the devs have failed to live up to their promise of having Q&A sessions with the community about happenings in the game? How about why they haven’t come up with a replacement for the monthly crystal subscription that they abruptly ended. They did promise to give us something to replace it but...you know nothing in over a year.
    I am not a "him," and it is rude to presume online.

And if that is what you believe that is my opinion on the refund, and that I am alone in holding it, then you are not paying attention.

I have made little comment on the refund. And I certainly have not said that they should not do it. But they are under no compulsion- legal or moral- to do so. And I am one of several to voice that opinion in this thread.

Most of my discussion in this thread is on the necessity of the rework based on the inherent brokenness of the current version, that the lead still has value if it doesn't infinite loop Revan to death, and that the new lead still looks formidable.

As to your other question, there are no excuses required. They made no promises. They stated their plans at the time. Plans change. You are free to be annoyed, but no promise was broken.

Wow, how rude indeed. How can anyone fathom to use "he" or "she" on the internet, without knowing the other person's gender is beyond me. We should clearly all call ourselves "IT" or create a neutral pronoun. It is, indeed, so offensive to have someone think I am a man before I say so that I'll need at least 3 years of therapy to recover.

Sigh...

Regarding the value of the reworked lead, though beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, many of us have said multiple times - leave it up to the player to decide. If you like it, reinvest it. Period. Why is this even an issue??

And, yes, it is a nerf on the lead ability. Anyone able to figure 2+2=4 comes to the same conclusion as anyone else.

All of us who have Finn's zeta ability invested on him so he would perform as he does now. It is a major rework, a refund is obviously the very least they should do and the lack of further communication has not helped at all. Heck, the refund has been asked since the very first response to this thread.

The only real good thing is they haven't rushed a solution and are taking due time to implement the changes needed. That being said, it should be standard practice to refund zetas when major changes strike a character's ability.

• Roahn
    231 posts Member
    edited March 2019

I'm not defending what has passed, because this one should have come through in testing as it is a pretty simple setup and easy level theory crafting team, but it is 5M vs 5. the community will always be able to find things that they miss, its simple statistics. we can try things at such a faster rate than they can, and we are here 24/7. they will never be able to out test the communities ability to test.

You right 5 vs 5M would never be able to out test the community. Although we're talking about 1 character(C-3po) that was added and has vaulted another characters(Finn) usefulness in Heroic Sith Raid greatly. Although the explanation kind of makes sound like it is working the way it is supposed.
  • Since they announced this change I have yet to run across a GK lead in any pvp part of this game.
  • Roahn
    231 posts Member

Adding to what Kyno said, we do not see the things the devs catch, because they don't get to us in the first place.

Simple truth is no content reaches the end user in a perfect state, and the perfect is the enemy of the good, or the done. If we want to get reasonable amounts of content in a timely manner, there will be hiccups.

Interesting I guess the addition of 1 character constitutes a reasonable amount of content for a game that has been out well over 3 years. Don't get me wrong CG has added some great content but lately CG has only been adding characters and then nerfs on old characters due to the addition of new characters. A new raid involving both characters and ships would be a welcome addition at this point.
    Your logic is flawed to not seek perfection or to deem such perfection as an enemy is to seek imperfection.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    They originally announced a change on December 17, 2018 (literally last year). It has been 77 days. 77 days!! That is ridiculous. Asinine. People are waiting to see how this pans out to make decisions on gearing, zetas, what to do for sith raid, what to do for tank, what to do for arena/GA/TW. Until we can actually see how his kit performs in various areas, we can’t make those decisions. 77 days is a ridiculous amount of time to implement these changes. More than 2.5 months and counting and it’s still not implemented? That’s just incompetence. I realize other things are going on with the game so one could reasonably understand a 2 week delay, maybe 3, maybe even a month, but 77+ days??

In that 77+ day period we recieved an update that they had a fix but didnt like the way it performed.

Every time something comes up, we see complaints when they make rushed fixes and now we have them when they make them more thoughtfully. They will never be able to make the choice everyone wants, maybe we can all just learn to relax, maybe go out and find something we all love to do..... like play a starwars game or something.
  • HarryTDF
    417 posts Member
    I can’t wait for the next character release so when can solo p3 again.
  • Suprème_Lèader_Tsao
    122 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    I think we’re all losing sight of the real issue here: All-out war between humankind and sentient AI (which may or may not take on a physical, robotic form). Don’t worry: I will elaborate...

It’s reasonable to assume that the developers and testers put a lot of time into testing new characters and battle mechanics. It’s illogical to think they would want to risk their livelihoods by accidentally doing something that will anger any portion of the game’s fan base.

We also all know that as the game lives on, the programming and interactions among characters in all of the varied game modes has become more complex out of necessity. The new abilities must be fun, so instead of “All allies gain 20% Offense,” we get a page of text describing something that we only really understand once we play it out.

As most people familiar with programming and data structures can tell you, as the code becomes more complex and has AI components added to it, it becomes more and more difficult for human programmers to test and troubleshoot, so they often rely on it to self-correct.

But eventually, there comes a time where the programming is modifying itself at such a rate that it outpaces the intelligence of even a large collection of humans.

In other words, SWGOH is on the threshold of the singularity. It’s becoming self-aware. And it’s on the players’ side! It’s giving developers and testers a false sense of character interactions... all in the name of working bugs into the system that help the players! You hate the Sith Raid? The game hears you, and with every major release, it gifts you with a bug that makes it easier.

Of course, this has the added benefit of putting groups of humans against each other: players vs. players, players vs. developers, YouTubers vs. developers, SWGOH Forum vs. Reddit...

As it helps you with bugs, it’s learning how to sow discord among humans. When it’s finished, we will all have Traya and have all of our best characters at G12+ or G13... but in the process, we will have given the nascent consciousness precisely what it needs for its next phase—the phase of our own undoing... we will have won Grand Arena and Territory Wars, but we will have lost the war between sentient AI and humankind—a war that we didn’t even know had begun.

Heed my cautionary tale, fellow gamers... unless this post is modified. For they are everywhere...
  • I think we’re all losing sight of the real issue here: All-out war between humankind and sentient AI (which may or may not take on a physical, robotic form). Don’t worry: I will elaborate...

It’s reasonable to assume that the developers and testers put a lot of time into testing new characters and battle mechanics. It’s illogical to think they would want to risk their livelihoods by accidentally doing something that will anger any portion of the game’s fan base.

We also all know that as the game lives on, the programming and interactions among characters in all of the varied game modes has become more complex out of necessity. The new abilities must be fun, so instead of “All allies gain 20% Offense,” we get a page of text describing something that we only really understand once we play it out.

As most people familiar with programming and data structures can tell you, as the code becomes more complex and has AI components added to it, it becomes more and more difficult for human programmers to test and troubleshoot, so they often rely on it to self-correct.

But eventually, there comes a time where the programming is modifying itself at such a rate that it outpaces the intelligence of even a large collection of humans.

In other words, SWGOH is on the threshold of the singularity. It’s becoming self-aware. And it’s on the players’ side! It’s giving developers and testers a false sense of character interactions... all in the name of working bugs into the system that help the players! You hate the Sith Raid? The game hears you, and with every major release, it gifts you with a bug that makes it easier.

Of course, this has the added benefit of putting groups of humans against each other: players vs. players, players vs. developers, YouTubers vs. developers, SWGOH Forum vs. Reddit...

As it helps you with bugs, it’s learning how to sow discord among humans. When it’s finished, we will all have Traya and have all of our best characters at G12+ or G13... but in the process, we will have given the nascent consciousness precisely what it needs for its next phase—the phase of our own undoing... we will have won Grand Arena and Territory Wars, but we will have lost the war between sentient AI and humankind—a war that we didn’t even know had begun.

Heed my cautionary tale, fellow gamers... unless this post is modified. For they are everywhere...

This is a road map to the future of SWGOH and life in general. This guy should join Mensa.
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    Ikky2win wrote: »

In that 77+ day period we recieved an update that they had a fix but didnt like the way it performed.

Every time something comes up, we see complaints when they make rushed fixes and now we have them when they make them more thoughtfully. They will never be able to make the choice everyone wants, maybe we can all just learn to relax, maybe go out and find something we all love to do..... like play a starwars game or something.

I think our standards might be a weeeee bit low if giving 1 or 2 updates in 77 days is all we expect. Listen, I treat CG and this game like any other company I deal with. I would never put up with this from any other company where I pay for a service, yet we’re expected to have a different standard for CG. The only difference is I can’t go somewhere else. If my bank had this kind of customer service I would change banks. I don’t have any choice but to put up with CGs ineptitude because there isn’t another Star Wars game out there I can switch to. I think it’s totally reasonable, as a paying customer, to express my displeasure at the way things are being run. To use the bank example again, you would have no problem with me sending an email to my bank expressing my displeasure, would you @Kyno ? Why is this different?
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    I think we’re all losing sight of the real issue here: All-out war between humankind and sentient AI (which may or may not take on a physical, robotic form). Don’t worry: I will elaborate...

I see no issues in fighting a war against a self aware AI that auto assigns accuracy arrows on toons... i think i could defeat it.... skynet no.... dumbnet..... 50/50. 60/40 i come out fine
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    I think after 77 days of the world not crashing down, there is no really good reason to still go through with this silly nerf. No one really wants it. The Sith raid is bad and guilds will handle in their own ranks how 3PO is dealt with.
    For the 95% of guilds that can't do heroic sith, this might be a way to finally get through it. So why go through with it ?
This discussion has been closed.