Where is Mara Jade?!?

If we can have characters from the animated shows... we can have tons of Old Republic characters that many Star Wars fans have never heard of... we can have Thrawn and his ship...

Then where the heck is Mara Jade?!?!?!?!

You could even do a Light/Dark like Bastilla. Mara Jade: The Emperor's Hand, and Mara Jade Skywalker.

I'm sure I can't possible be the only one who wants this.

Replies

• Who is mara jade?
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Richfxxx
    449 posts Member
    Who is mara jade?

Exactly
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Mara is part of Timothy Zahn's book series that introduced Thrawn. It's considered non-canon now (Legends series). While I'd like to see her in the game, likely the only reason we got Thrawn was because he appeared in SW:Rebels (which is canon). I don't recall if KOTOR is or isn't canon these days, but it's pretty safe to draw from considering its time period is thousands of years before ep1.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Legends
  • Who is mara jade?

In The old EU. She was a force sensitive mercenary who the empire employed chased down and kill Luke but fell in love with him and turned to the lightside and became a Jedi Knight. She married Luke and gave him a son Ben Skywalker and she served as a Jedi until she was murdered by Darth Caedus her nephew Jacen Solo. She was a very powerful jedi and weilder of the purple lightsaber.

She even went out like a boss in her duel with Jacen.
  • Would conflict too much with Current Canon
  • Who is mara jade?

In The old EU. She was a force sensitive mercenary who the empire employed chased down and kill Luke but fell in love with him and turned to the lightside and became a Jedi Knight. She married Luke and gave him a son Ben Skywalker and she served as a Jedi until she was murdered by Darth Caedus her nephew Jacen Solo. She was a very powerful jedi and weilder of the purple lightsaber.

She even went out like a boss in her duel with Jacen.

Sounds boss but has obvious conflict with the sequels, so I doubt we'll be seeing her in-game!
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Who?
    Why this endless claiming for unknown characters?
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    edited March 2019
    KOTOR is also currently Legends.

I get that people don't follow every spin-off and what have you--I had no idea who Triumvirate or Visas Marr were before this game--but I find it really surprising that people would legitimately not know who Mara Jade is.
  • Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    crzydroid wrote: »

I get that people don't follow every spin-off and what have you--I had no idea who Triumvirate or Visas Marr were before this game--but I find it really surprising that people would legitimately not know who Mara Jade is.

The issue is there are legends that conflict with Disney and the rest. Mara Jade conflicts with Disney so I doubt she will be added. KOTOR doesn't conflict with Disney and was even alluded to in an episode of rebels so it is much more on the table.
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    dimi4a wrote: »
    Riffinator wrote: »
    crzydroid wrote: »

The issue is there are legends that conflict with Disney and the rest. Mara Jade conflicts with Disney so I doubt she will be added. KOTOR doesn't conflict with Disney and was even alluded to in an episode of rebels so it is much more on the table.

Nope, if Mara Jade is added during her time as an Emperor's Hand instead of during her time as a Jedi and wife to Luke, it won't conflict the new canon.
    P.S. God i hate the new "canon"!

dsmGaKWMeHXe9QuJtq_ys30PNfTGnMsRuHuo_MUzGCg.jpg
    just because we COULD have a version of her doesnt mean we WILL. Still plenty of actual characters to use, including all of episode nine.
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Richfxxx wrote: »
    Who is mara jade?

Exactly

The baddest female bounty Hunter, turned Jedi in star wars eu better than bastilla and Rey. Sorry you don't exactly know much or research before making a fool of yourself. Followed by jaina solo and senya. I want empress vaylin and Darth talon
  • You're talking about a Battle Vs game that has almost no story, why the heck would it matter if she was "Cannon: or not? this is one of the reasons why I hate the disney take over, they are still releasing "action Figures" from Star Wars Legends. GoH? heck have a "Legends" tournament or something. would love to see

Mara Jade
    Dash Rendar
    Jacen Solo (also Darth Caedus)
    Jaina Solo (Sword of the Jedi)
    Kyle Katarn (from Jedi Knight)
    Nom Anor
    tsavong lah

Some Jedi Fallen Order characters would be great too

Cal Kestis with Bd-1
    The Second Sister
    and Cere Junda
  • Mara Jade is not only a part of books. There were the games serie named Jedi Knight. The main hero was Kyle Katarn but there were a little add-on to Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II. It could be a stand-alone game: Mysteries of the Sith. Mara Jade was playable character there.

As an old Star Wars fan I'm a really big fan of adding characters from old Star Wars games (Kyle Katarn, Dessan, Tavion, Jerek, Jan, Mara Jade, Starkiller, Jedi Exile, Lord Scourge, Valkorion, Arcann and Thexan, Malbus, Satelle Shan) and I'm totally against adding chars from the books (because there were so much stupid and naive ideas). However SW:GoH is addressed to kids and kids these days know only Episodes I - IX and these poor cartoons like Rebels and Clone Wars. I'm pretty disappointed with all the things that these cartoons did to Star Wars (Spider Maul? Really?), but it's not me who bought the franchise.

PS. Have you spotted that there is no pure blood Sith in the game?
  • KaloVisor wrote: »
    You're talking about a Battle Vs game that has almost no story, why the heck would it matter if she was "Cannon: or not? this is one of the reasons why I hate the disney take over, they are still releasing "action Figures" from Star Wars Legends. GoH? heck have a "Legends" tournament or something. would love to see

Mara Jade
    Dash Rendar
    Jacen Solo (also Darth Caedus)
    Jaina Solo (Sword of the Jedi)
    Kyle Katarn (from Jedi Knight)
    Nom Anor
    tsavong lah

Some Jedi Fallen Order characters would be great too

Cal Kestis with Bd-1
    The Second Sister
    and Cere Junda

Well... It seems your wishes have been granted. Dash Rendar is already in the game and Mara Jade is coming!!
    "You could warn me when I do something bad. Blink once for dark side, twice for light"
This discussion has been closed.