GP Matchmaking & “Fluff”

Replies

  • TRanger
    321 posts Member
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Tanzos wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Tanzos wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Tanzos wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Tanzos wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    There are always gonna be differences in the GA matchups, we all agree on that. No matter which metric they use whether straight GP, number of zetas, number of G12, number of legendaies, Etc there will always be some who will win and some who will lose.

    This new (probably soon to be abandoned GA) is a good example. I have reached the final of every GA so far. Won some and lost some. This time round in my group 3 of the 8 have good Revan squads and if they put them on defence (which I would) it will be very tough indeed to get through them. Pretty much means I won't be able to clear and thus will probably lose that round.

    Bummer? Aye but it doesn't discourage me or make me particularly salty, just makes me more determined that next time Revan comes around I will be ready for him and will get my own. Then I will have a counter for him and I will be more competitive in this and other game modes. And that's kinda the point.

    GA, probably more than any other area of the game, shows places where your roster needs improving. It should make you sit down and look at what you need to work on. Regardless of how much fluff you might have you only need X teams for your bracket and that means a total of X toons for those teams. Plan out those teams, plan out those toons and start working. The faster you do that, the faster you will see results.

    Some people's rosters will always be stronger due to many factors, spending money in game, top rank guilds, very focused player, etc. But it is within your grasp to make your roster better, if you choose to.

    If not, then maybe accepting that GA may not be the game mode for you, is your way forward

    As with so many things in this game, YMMV

    What do you not understand ...all this prior GA..and a huge chunk post TB pre TW..read the game philosophy...posted multiple times a few pages back. If those so called fluff toons weren't meant to be used why are they selling shards or have nodes to collect them. You guys are playing hop scotch with the issue...which remains....GA is in no way fair...

    Will someone any one of you please share why you feel must be given matches you can easily win vs earning the rewards you receive to continue to be matched against players who can not beat you.

    Why is GA I only for you..how about being matched with only players of your similar focus instead..and all players to be matched the same..similar roster/ focus/ toons/ res distribution/ play style....and you guys on the other focus vs your piers.





    Nobody ever told you to fluff your roster..... Period.

    Those toons and nodes to contact left them are there for when it is time to focus on collecting that team.... Nothing more nothing less.....

    And no one told you how to at your game either...still answer me why you feel you should be matched vs people who are no challenge to you in favor of someone else who is. Answer why you shouldn't have to face the kind of matches I have. Because you have different play style..guess what I do too.

    Again, I face many challenging matchups.... You would be surprised how many players focus on one team at a time and build them up.....

    So, to answer your question, because my roster was carefully built towards this type of gameplay I deserve to reap the rewards for my effort, patience and focus.....

    What makes you feel you should be able to build a fluffy roster and still be competitive?...

    [...]

    Before GA there was no "Right or Wrong Way" to build a roster. Now with GA, suddenly many of us have been doing it "Wrong" this whole time and we've never been warned or encouraged. That's not right. No matter who you are, what choices you've made, THAT IS NOT RIGHT.

    There still is no 'right or wrong way' to build your roster. However, how you choose to build your roster influences your chances for success in the different game modes. That's part of the game.

    If there's no wrong way, this thread wouldn't exist.

    There are different ways, yes, and they give you different chances of winning a GA, yes. There's no right or wrong way.

    Okay fine.

    Up until GA there was no BEST way to have a roster. But since GA dropped, it has become clear what the BEST way to have your roster is. Those of us who developed our rosters any way other than this new BEST way is now forced to suffer the consequences of our choices, which were at the time neither good or bad choices.

    That ain't right.

    Better?

    GA didn't introduce anything new, which wasn't already introduced a year earlier with TW, in regard to what would make a strong roster or a weak roster. Fluff GP has the exact same effect on match-making in TW as it does in GA. Many players simply didn't realize how their fluff GP potentially hurt their guild until GA hit.

    Players, who chose to fluff up their roster GP now have a choice to make:
    To continue or to stop fluffing up their roster.

    By that logic I should be losing most of my TW's. Which I'm not, we win about half or so. I'm usually a higher contributer in my guild.

    There's a VERY BIG difference between TW and GA and that's the guild. In regards to this thread, it's not relevant. We're talking about GA matchmaking. Personal roster vs personal roster.

    The only difference between TW and GA is, that one player's fluff GP is not really noticed in TW. It's just a drop in a 50 player sea. The effect is still the same, though.

    The relevans is, that the influence of fluff GP is nothing new, which was introduced with GA, as you claimed. It may not be relevant for the topic of the discussion, but it was your claim - not mine. I simply dispute your (possibly irrelevant) claim.

    Just a drop in a 50 player sea?..... Guess what, that is extra 100k gp you get to deploy in TB is just as small a drop....

    Incorrect..we both can only deploy what amount of GP is assigned to us. We all agree the same rewards...I'm not handed 1-3 Zata mats and you mod salvage. I actually help you with the assignment of my buff roster to squads you can not fill..sharing as a guild all the same rewards.
  • Snake2
    1381 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    Snake2 wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Snake2 wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Snake2 wrote: »
    For the guys that want it to stay the same. Why? It seems from most of the posts that you feel the easy wins are your reward for min/max farming. Don't you want competitive battles against other min/maxers to find out who is the best?

    Or are you afraid if they change something you might end up in an unfair situation where you end up the loser instead?

    My incentive to improve my roster has always been to perform better and win better rewards. I had neglected my DS characters (apart from EP) until DS TB was introduced. I would never have taken Ackbar to g12 if HMF + rebels had not become META. I would never have taken my FOX to g12 if not for TW. (just a few examples). If my chances to win GA would be 50/50 no matter how I build my roster (since I would always be matched with players with similar strength), where would the incentive to build a strong roster (strong for GA, that is) be?

    I personally never took last place yet, but I only took 1st on rare occasions. I have the incentive to improve my roster still, and I also get rewarded, when I do. The incentive and 'sense of accomplishment' would disappear if match-making is changed as suggested by OP and others in this discussion.

    Thanks for responding. It seems you're in it for the rewards more than the competition. Well, maybe you enjoy the larger scale competition of resource management as opposed to in battle skills competition.

    So, what if they improved match making and provided incentive for working on your roster all at the same time? Even if they figured out the "perfect" match making system, there would still be ways to improve your chances of winning simply with strategy.

    Don't confuse your own assumptions with facts. Scroll back to february 24th through 26th in this discussion. The discussion about a particular strategy I use in certain scenarios proves that I enjoy the battle strategy as well.

    Improved matchmaking? The 'perfect' match-making system? Please be specific and elaborate, since I believe you and I have different oppinions about what would be improvements and what the 'perfect' system would be.

    My personal experience is, that with the current system both the aspect of building a stronger roster and the aspect of strategizing well during each round and battle is part of the competition. Why would you prefer to remove the first aspect? Why not keep both aspects?

    I put perfect in quotes because there is no perfect matchmaking. I think roster makeup should absolutely play a part.

    I'm saying that roster composition takes up too much of the pie right now.

    By matching players with other players of even roster strength only, the roster composition part would be completely eliminated - not just reduced.
    What if as you kept winning, you were matched against others who kept winning? And at the same time you got increasing rewards for winning streaks, or some other method to reward you for facing tougher competition.

    If such a system existed, people who lose often would face similar opponents, and eventually find competitive matchup, while people who keep winning would continue to get more competitive match ups while getting rewarded for winning.

    If you win better rewards by loosing a GA in a higher/stronger bracket than you do winning a GA in a lower/weaker bracket, it may work.

    Glad we reached some potential common ground. I hope the other members of this thread (or more importantly cg) can see this and realize there's more than just two solutions to this problem.
  • Waqui
    6269 posts Member
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Tanzos wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Tanzos wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Tanzos wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Tanzos wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    There are always gonna be differences in the GA matchups, we all agree on that. No matter which metric they use whether straight GP, number of zetas, number of G12, number of legendaies, Etc there will always be some who will win and some who will lose.

    This new (probably soon to be abandoned GA) is a good example. I have reached the final of every GA so far. Won some and lost some. This time round in my group 3 of the 8 have good Revan squads and if they put them on defence (which I would) it will be very tough indeed to get through them. Pretty much means I won't be able to clear and thus will probably lose that round.

    Bummer? Aye but it doesn't discourage me or make me particularly salty, just makes me more determined that next time Revan comes around I will be ready for him and will get my own. Then I will have a counter for him and I will be more competitive in this and other game modes. And that's kinda the point.

    GA, probably more than any other area of the game, shows places where your roster needs improving. It should make you sit down and look at what you need to work on. Regardless of how much fluff you might have you only need X teams for your bracket and that means a total of X toons for those teams. Plan out those teams, plan out those toons and start working. The faster you do that, the faster you will see results.

    Some people's rosters will always be stronger due to many factors, spending money in game, top rank guilds, very focused player, etc. But it is within your grasp to make your roster better, if you choose to.

    If not, then maybe accepting that GA may not be the game mode for you, is your way forward

    As with so many things in this game, YMMV

    What do you not understand ...all this prior GA..and a huge chunk post TB pre TW..read the game philosophy...posted multiple times a few pages back. If those so called fluff toons weren't meant to be used why are they selling shards or have nodes to collect them. You guys are playing hop scotch with the issue...which remains....GA is in no way fair...

    Will someone any one of you please share why you feel must be given matches you can easily win vs earning the rewards you receive to continue to be matched against players who can not beat you.

    Why is GA I only for you..how about being matched with only players of your similar focus instead..and all players to be matched the same..similar roster/ focus/ toons/ res distribution/ play style....and you guys on the other focus vs your piers.





    Nobody ever told you to fluff your roster..... Period.

    Those toons and nodes to contact left them are there for when it is time to focus on collecting that team.... Nothing more nothing less.....

    And no one told you how to at your game either...still answer me why you feel you should be matched vs people who are no challenge to you in favor of someone else who is. Answer why you shouldn't have to face the kind of matches I have. Because you have different play style..guess what I do too.

    Again, I face many challenging matchups.... You would be surprised how many players focus on one team at a time and build them up.....

    So, to answer your question, because my roster was carefully built towards this type of gameplay I deserve to reap the rewards for my effort, patience and focus.....

    What makes you feel you should be able to build a fluffy roster and still be competitive?...

    [...]

    Before GA there was no "Right or Wrong Way" to build a roster. Now with GA, suddenly many of us have been doing it "Wrong" this whole time and we've never been warned or encouraged. That's not right. No matter who you are, what choices you've made, THAT IS NOT RIGHT.

    There still is no 'right or wrong way' to build your roster. However, how you choose to build your roster influences your chances for success in the different game modes. That's part of the game.

    If there's no wrong way, this thread wouldn't exist.

    There are different ways, yes, and they give you different chances of winning a GA, yes. There's no right or wrong way.

    Okay fine.

    Up until GA there was no BEST way to have a roster. But since GA dropped, it has become clear what the BEST way to have your roster is. Those of us who developed our rosters any way other than this new BEST way is now forced to suffer the consequences of our choices, which were at the time neither good or bad choices.

    That ain't right.

    Better?

    GA didn't introduce anything new, which wasn't already introduced a year earlier with TW, in regard to what would make a strong roster or a weak roster. Fluff GP has the exact same effect on match-making in TW as it does in GA. Many players simply didn't realize how their fluff GP potentially hurt their guild until GA hit.

    Players, who chose to fluff up their roster GP now have a choice to make:
    To continue or to stop fluffing up their roster.

    By that logic I should be losing most of my TW's. Which I'm not, we win about half or so. I'm usually a higher contributer in my guild.

    There's a VERY BIG difference between TW and GA and that's the guild. In regards to this thread, it's not relevant. We're talking about GA matchmaking. Personal roster vs personal roster.

    The only difference between TW and GA is, that one player's fluff GP is not really noticed in TW. It's just a drop in a 50 player sea. The effect is still the same, though.

    The relevans is, that the influence of fluff GP is nothing new, which was introduced with GA, as you claimed. It may not be relevant for the topic of the discussion, but it was your claim - not mine. I simply dispute your (possibly irrelevant) claim.

    Just a drop in a 50 player sea?..... Guess what, that is extra 100k gp you get to deploy in TB is just as small a drop....

    Ok?
  • Waqui
    6269 posts Member
    edited March 5
    TRanger wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Tanzos wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Tanzos wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Tanzos wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Tanzos wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    There are always gonna be differences in the GA matchups, we all agree on that. No matter which metric they use whether straight GP, number of zetas, number of G12, number of legendaies, Etc there will always be some who will win and some who will lose.

    This new (probably soon to be abandoned GA) is a good example. I have reached the final of every GA so far. Won some and lost some. This time round in my group 3 of the 8 have good Revan squads and if they put them on defence (which I would) it will be very tough indeed to get through them. Pretty much means I won't be able to clear and thus will probably lose that round.

    Bummer? Aye but it doesn't discourage me or make me particularly salty, just makes me more determined that next time Revan comes around I will be ready for him and will get my own. Then I will have a counter for him and I will be more competitive in this and other game modes. And that's kinda the point.

    GA, probably more than any other area of the game, shows places where your roster needs improving. It should make you sit down and look at what you need to work on. Regardless of how much fluff you might have you only need X teams for your bracket and that means a total of X toons for those teams. Plan out those teams, plan out those toons and start working. The faster you do that, the faster you will see results.

    Some people's rosters will always be stronger due to many factors, spending money in game, top rank guilds, very focused player, etc. But it is within your grasp to make your roster better, if you choose to.

    If not, then maybe accepting that GA may not be the game mode for you, is your way forward

    As with so many things in this game, YMMV

    What do you not understand ...all this prior GA..and a huge chunk post TB pre TW..read the game philosophy...posted multiple times a few pages back. If those so called fluff toons weren't meant to be used why are they selling shards or have nodes to collect them. You guys are playing hop scotch with the issue...which remains....GA is in no way fair...

    Will someone any one of you please share why you feel must be given matches you can easily win vs earning the rewards you receive to continue to be matched against players who can not beat you.

    Why is GA I only for you..how about being matched with only players of your similar focus instead..and all players to be matched the same..similar roster/ focus/ toons/ res distribution/ play style....and you guys on the other focus vs your piers.





    Nobody ever told you to fluff your roster..... Period.

    Those toons and nodes to contact left them are there for when it is time to focus on collecting that team.... Nothing more nothing less.....

    And no one told you how to at your game either...still answer me why you feel you should be matched vs people who are no challenge to you in favor of someone else who is. Answer why you shouldn't have to face the kind of matches I have. Because you have different play style..guess what I do too.

    Again, I face many challenging matchups.... You would be surprised how many players focus on one team at a time and build them up.....

    So, to answer your question, because my roster was carefully built towards this type of gameplay I deserve to reap the rewards for my effort, patience and focus.....

    What makes you feel you should be able to build a fluffy roster and still be competitive?...

    [...]

    Before GA there was no "Right or Wrong Way" to build a roster. Now with GA, suddenly many of us have been doing it "Wrong" this whole time and we've never been warned or encouraged. That's not right. No matter who you are, what choices you've made, THAT IS NOT RIGHT.

    There still is no 'right or wrong way' to build your roster. However, how you choose to build your roster influences your chances for success in the different game modes. That's part of the game.

    If there's no wrong way, this thread wouldn't exist.

    There are different ways, yes, and they give you different chances of winning a GA, yes. There's no right or wrong way.

    Okay fine.

    Up until GA there was no BEST way to have a roster. But since GA dropped, it has become clear what the BEST way to have your roster is. Those of us who developed our rosters any way other than this new BEST way is now forced to suffer the consequences of our choices, which were at the time neither good or bad choices.

    That ain't right.

    Better?

    GA didn't introduce anything new, which wasn't already introduced a year earlier with TW, in regard to what would make a strong roster or a weak roster. Fluff GP has the exact same effect on match-making in TW as it does in GA. Many players simply didn't realize how their fluff GP potentially hurt their guild until GA hit.

    Players, who chose to fluff up their roster GP now have a choice to make:
    To continue or to stop fluffing up their roster.

    By that logic I should be losing most of my TW's. Which I'm not, we win about half or so. I'm usually a higher contributer in my guild.

    There's a VERY BIG difference between TW and GA and that's the guild. In regards to this thread, it's not relevant. We're talking about GA matchmaking. Personal roster vs personal roster.

    The only difference between TW and GA is, that one player's fluff GP is not really noticed in TW. It's just a drop in a 50 player sea. The effect is still the same, though.

    The relevans is, that the influence of fluff GP is nothing new, which was introduced with GA, as you claimed. It may not be relevant for the topic of the discussion, but it was your claim - not mine. I simply dispute your (possibly irrelevant) claim.

    Incorrect my guild who faces this in TW as well...but one issue at a time. If you need to know my guild is vintage by game standards..we have been around for a long time..still together. A few top heavy but mostely "buff" rosters. My new term no such thing as fluff.

    Fluff GP may get you matched against an opponent with more (fluff or non-fluff) GP in TW just like it does in GA.

    Please explain, why you believe, that's incorrect.

    The topic of this discussion says 'fluff', so I'm going to stick with that expression to avoid confusion.
    Post edited by Waqui on
  • EA_Rtas
    1094 posts EA Moderator
    Ok folks I've asked already to keep this respectful and on topic. Reel it in.
  • TRanger
    321 posts Member
    edited March 5
    Waqui wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Tanzos wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Tanzos wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Tanzos wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Tanzos wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    There are always gonna be differences in the GA matchups, we all agree on that. No matter which metric they use whether straight GP, number of zetas, number of G12, number of legendaies, Etc there will always be some who will win and some who will lose.

    This new (probably soon to be abandoned GA) is a good example. I have reached the final of every GA so far. Won some and lost some. This time round in my group 3 of the 8 have good Revan squads and if they put them on defence (which I would) it will be very tough indeed to get through them. Pretty much means I won't be able to clear and thus will probably lose that round.

    Bummer? Aye but it doesn't discourage me or make me particularly salty, just makes me more determined that next time Revan comes around I will be ready for him and will get my own. Then I will have a counter for him and I will be more competitive in this and other game modes. And that's kinda the point.

    GA, probably more than any other area of the game, shows places where your roster needs improving. It should make you sit down and look at what you need to work on. Regardless of how much fluff you might have you only need X teams for your bracket and that means a total of X toons for those teams. Plan out those teams, plan out those toons and start working. The faster you do that, the faster you will see results.

    Some people's rosters will always be stronger due to many factors, spending money in game, top rank guilds, very focused player, etc. But it is within your grasp to make your roster better, if you choose to.

    If not, then maybe accepting that GA may not be the game mode for you, is your way forward

    As with so many things in this game, YMMV

    What do you not understand ...all this prior GA..and a huge chunk post TB pre TW..read the game philosophy...posted multiple times a few pages back. If those so called fluff toons weren't meant to be used why are they selling shards or have nodes to collect them. You guys are playing hop scotch with the issue...which remains....GA is in no way fair...

    Will someone any one of you please share why you feel must be given matches you can easily win vs earning the rewards you receive to continue to be matched against players who can not beat you.

    Why is GA I only for you..how about being matched with only players of your similar focus instead..and all players to be matched the same..similar roster/ focus/ toons/ res distribution/ play style....and you guys on the other focus vs your piers.





    Nobody ever told you to fluff your roster..... Period.

    Those toons and nodes to contact left them are there for when it is time to focus on collecting that team.... Nothing more nothing less.....

    And no one told you how to at your game either...still answer me why you feel you should be matched vs people who are no challenge to you in favor of someone else who is. Answer why you shouldn't have to face the kind of matches I have. Because you have different play style..guess what I do too.

    Again, I face many challenging matchups.... You would be surprised how many players focus on one team at a time and build them up.....

    So, to answer your question, because my roster was carefully built towards this type of gameplay I deserve to reap the rewards for my effort, patience and focus.....

    What makes you feel you should be able to build a fluffy roster and still be competitive?...

    [...]

    Before GA there was no "Right or Wrong Way" to build a roster. Now with GA, suddenly many of us have been doing it "Wrong" this whole time and we've never been warned or encouraged. That's not right. No matter who you are, what choices you've made, THAT IS NOT RIGHT.

    There still is no 'right or wrong way' to build your roster. However, how you choose to build your roster influences your chances for success in the different game modes. That's part of the game.

    If there's no wrong way, this thread wouldn't exist.

    There are different ways, yes, and they give you different chances of winning a GA, yes. There's no right or wrong way.

    Okay fine.

    Up until GA there was no BEST way to have a roster. But since GA dropped, it has become clear what the BEST way to have your roster is. Those of us who developed our rosters any way other than this new BEST way is now forced to suffer the consequences of our choices, which were at the time neither good or bad choices.

    That ain't right.

    Better?

    GA didn't introduce anything new, which wasn't already introduced a year earlier with TW, in regard to what would make a strong roster or a weak roster. Fluff GP has the exact same effect on match-making in TW as it does in GA. Many players simply didn't realize how their fluff GP potentially hurt their guild until GA hit.

    Players, who chose to fluff up their roster GP now have a choice to make:
    To continue or to stop fluffing up their roster.

    By that logic I should be losing most of my TW's. Which I'm not, we win about half or so. I'm usually a higher contributer in my guild.

    There's a VERY BIG difference between TW and GA and that's the guild. In regards to this thread, it's not relevant. We're talking about GA matchmaking. Personal roster vs personal roster.

    The only difference between TW and GA is, that one player's fluff GP is not really noticed in TW. It's just a drop in a 50 player sea. The effect is still the same, though.

    The relevans is, that the influence of fluff GP is nothing new, which was introduced with GA, as you claimed. It may not be relevant for the topic of the discussion, but it was your claim - not mine. I simply dispute your (possibly irrelevant) claim.

    Incorrect my guild who faces this in TW as well...but one issue at a time. If you need to know my guild is vintage by game standards..we have been around for a long time..still together. A few top heavy but mostely "buff" rosters. My new term no such thing as fluff.

    Fluff GP may get you matched against an opponent with more (fluff or non-fluff) GP in TW just like it does in GA.

    Please explain, why you believe, that's incorrect.

    The topic of this discussion says 'fluff', so I'm going to stick with that expression to avoid confusion.

    Different topic.. separate thread. Let's deal with GA first.
    Stop moving your goal post your looking incompetent!
  • Waqui
    6269 posts Member
    TRanger wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Tanzos wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Tanzos wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Tanzos wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Tanzos wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    There are always gonna be differences in the GA matchups, we all agree on that. No matter which metric they use whether straight GP, number of zetas, number of G12, number of legendaies, Etc there will always be some who will win and some who will lose.

    This new (probably soon to be abandoned GA) is a good example. I have reached the final of every GA so far. Won some and lost some. This time round in my group 3 of the 8 have good Revan squads and if they put them on defence (which I would) it will be very tough indeed to get through them. Pretty much means I won't be able to clear and thus will probably lose that round.

    Bummer? Aye but it doesn't discourage me or make me particularly salty, just makes me more determined that next time Revan comes around I will be ready for him and will get my own. Then I will have a counter for him and I will be more competitive in this and other game modes. And that's kinda the point.

    GA, probably more than any other area of the game, shows places where your roster needs improving. It should make you sit down and look at what you need to work on. Regardless of how much fluff you might have you only need X teams for your bracket and that means a total of X toons for those teams. Plan out those teams, plan out those toons and start working. The faster you do that, the faster you will see results.

    Some people's rosters will always be stronger due to many factors, spending money in game, top rank guilds, very focused player, etc. But it is within your grasp to make your roster better, if you choose to.

    If not, then maybe accepting that GA may not be the game mode for you, is your way forward

    As with so many things in this game, YMMV

    What do you not understand ...all this prior GA..and a huge chunk post TB pre TW..read the game philosophy...posted multiple times a few pages back. If those so called fluff toons weren't meant to be used why are they selling shards or have nodes to collect them. You guys are playing hop scotch with the issue...which remains....GA is in no way fair...

    Will someone any one of you please share why you feel must be given matches you can easily win vs earning the rewards you receive to continue to be matched against players who can not beat you.

    Why is GA I only for you..how about being matched with only players of your similar focus instead..and all players to be matched the same..similar roster/ focus/ toons/ res distribution/ play style....and you guys on the other focus vs your piers.





    Nobody ever told you to fluff your roster..... Period.

    Those toons and nodes to contact left them are there for when it is time to focus on collecting that team.... Nothing more nothing less.....

    And no one told you how to at your game either...still answer me why you feel you should be matched vs people who are no challenge to you in favor of someone else who is. Answer why you shouldn't have to face the kind of matches I have. Because you have different play style..guess what I do too.

    Again, I face many challenging matchups.... You would be surprised how many players focus on one team at a time and build them up.....

    So, to answer your question, because my roster was carefully built towards this type of gameplay I deserve to reap the rewards for my effort, patience and focus.....

    What makes you feel you should be able to build a fluffy roster and still be competitive?...

    [...]

    Before GA there was no "Right or Wrong Way" to build a roster. Now with GA, suddenly many of us have been doing it "Wrong" this whole time and we've never been warned or encouraged. That's not right. No matter who you are, what choices you've made, THAT IS NOT RIGHT.

    There still is no 'right or wrong way' to build your roster. However, how you choose to build your roster influences your chances for success in the different game modes. That's part of the game.

    If there's no wrong way, this thread wouldn't exist.

    There are different ways, yes, and they give you different chances of winning a GA, yes. There's no right or wrong way.

    Okay fine.

    Up until GA there was no BEST way to have a roster. But since GA dropped, it has become clear what the BEST way to have your roster is. Those of us who developed our rosters any way other than this new BEST way is now forced to suffer the consequences of our choices, which were at the time neither good or bad choices.

    That ain't right.

    Better?

    GA didn't introduce anything new, which wasn't already introduced a year earlier with TW, in regard to what would make a strong roster or a weak roster. Fluff GP has the exact same effect on match-making in TW as it does in GA. Many players simply didn't realize how their fluff GP potentially hurt their guild until GA hit.

    Players, who chose to fluff up their roster GP now have a choice to make:
    To continue or to stop fluffing up their roster.

    By that logic I should be losing most of my TW's. Which I'm not, we win about half or so. I'm usually a higher contributer in my guild.

    There's a VERY BIG difference between TW and GA and that's the guild. In regards to this thread, it's not relevant. We're talking about GA matchmaking. Personal roster vs personal roster.

    The only difference between TW and GA is, that one player's fluff GP is not really noticed in TW. It's just a drop in a 50 player sea. The effect is still the same, though.

    The relevans is, that the influence of fluff GP is nothing new, which was introduced with GA, as you claimed. It may not be relevant for the topic of the discussion, but it was your claim - not mine. I simply dispute your (possibly irrelevant) claim.

    Incorrect my guild who faces this in TW as well...but one issue at a time. If you need to know my guild is vintage by game standards..we have been around for a long time..still together. A few top heavy but mostely "buff" rosters. My new term no such thing as fluff.

    Fluff GP may get you matched against an opponent with more (fluff or non-fluff) GP in TW just like it does in GA.

    Please explain, why you believe, that's incorrect.

    The topic of this discussion says 'fluff', so I'm going to stick with that expression to avoid confusion.

    Different topic.. separate thread. Let's deal with GA first.
    Stop moving your goal post your looking incompetent!

    The topic of this discussion is:

    GP matchmaking & "fluff"

    In that regard, GA didn't bring anything, which wasn't already there in TW matchmaking contrary to what you claim.

    Feel free to discuss, but stop the personal attacks, please.
  • TRanger
    321 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Tanzos wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Tanzos wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Tanzos wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Tanzos wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    There are always gonna be differences in the GA matchups, we all agree on that. No matter which metric they use whether straight GP, number of zetas, number of G12, number of legendaies, Etc there will always be some who will win and some who will lose.

    This new (probably soon to be abandoned GA) is a good example. I have reached the final of every GA so far. Won some and lost some. This time round in my group 3 of the 8 have good Revan squads and if they put them on defence (which I would) it will be very tough indeed to get through them. Pretty much means I won't be able to clear and thus will probably lose that round.

    Bummer? Aye but it doesn't discourage me or make me particularly salty, just makes me more determined that next time Revan comes around I will be ready for him and will get my own. Then I will have a counter for him and I will be more competitive in this and other game modes. And that's kinda the point.

    GA, probably more than any other area of the game, shows places where your roster needs improving. It should make you sit down and look at what you need to work on. Regardless of how much fluff you might have you only need X teams for your bracket and that means a total of X toons for those teams. Plan out those teams, plan out those toons and start working. The faster you do that, the faster you will see results.

    Some people's rosters will always be stronger due to many factors, spending money in game, top rank guilds, very focused player, etc. But it is within your grasp to make your roster better, if you choose to.

    If not, then maybe accepting that GA may not be the game mode for you, is your way forward

    As with so many things in this game, YMMV

    What do you not understand ...all this prior GA..and a huge chunk post TB pre TW..read the game philosophy...posted multiple times a few pages back. If those so called fluff toons weren't meant to be used why are they selling shards or have nodes to collect them. You guys are playing hop scotch with the issue...which remains....GA is in no way fair...

    Will someone any one of you please share why you feel must be given matches you can easily win vs earning the rewards you receive to continue to be matched against players who can not beat you.

    Why is GA I only for you..how about being matched with only players of your similar focus instead..and all players to be matched the same..similar roster/ focus/ toons/ res distribution/ play style....and you guys on the other focus vs your piers.





    Nobody ever told you to fluff your roster..... Period.

    Those toons and nodes to contact left them are there for when it is time to focus on collecting that team.... Nothing more nothing less.....

    And no one told you how to at your game either...still answer me why you feel you should be matched vs people who are no challenge to you in favor of someone else who is. Answer why you shouldn't have to face the kind of matches I have. Because you have different play style..guess what I do too.

    Again, I face many challenging matchups.... You would be surprised how many players focus on one team at a time and build them up.....

    So, to answer your question, because my roster was carefully built towards this type of gameplay I deserve to reap the rewards for my effort, patience and focus.....

    What makes you feel you should be able to build a fluffy roster and still be competitive?...

    [...]

    Before GA there was no "Right or Wrong Way" to build a roster. Now with GA, suddenly many of us have been doing it "Wrong" this whole time and we've never been warned or encouraged. That's not right. No matter who you are, what choices you've made, THAT IS NOT RIGHT.

    There still is no 'right or wrong way' to build your roster. However, how you choose to build your roster influences your chances for success in the different game modes. That's part of the game.

    If there's no wrong way, this thread wouldn't exist.

    There are different ways, yes, and they give you different chances of winning a GA, yes. There's no right or wrong way.

    Okay fine.

    Up until GA there was no BEST way to have a roster. But since GA dropped, it has become clear what the BEST way to have your roster is. Those of us who developed our rosters any way other than this new BEST way is now forced to suffer the consequences of our choices, which were at the time neither good or bad choices.

    That ain't right.

    Better?

    GA didn't introduce anything new, which wasn't already introduced a year earlier with TW, in regard to what would make a strong roster or a weak roster. Fluff GP has the exact same effect on match-making in TW as it does in GA. Many players simply didn't realize how their fluff GP potentially hurt their guild until GA hit.

    Players, who chose to fluff up their roster GP now have a choice to make:
    To continue or to stop fluffing up their roster.

    By that logic I should be losing most of my TW's. Which I'm not, we win about half or so. I'm usually a higher contributer in my guild.

    There's a VERY BIG difference between TW and GA and that's the guild. In regards to this thread, it's not relevant. We're talking about GA matchmaking. Personal roster vs personal roster.

    The only difference between TW and GA is, that one player's fluff GP is not really noticed in TW. It's just a drop in a 50 player sea. The effect is still the same, though.

    The relevans is, that the influence of fluff GP is nothing new, which was introduced with GA, as you claimed. It may not be relevant for the topic of the discussion, but it was your claim - not mine. I simply dispute your (possibly irrelevant) claim.

    Incorrect my guild who faces this in TW as well...but one issue at a time. If you need to know my guild is vintage by game standards..we have been around for a long time..still together. A few top heavy but mostely "buff" rosters. My new term no such thing as fluff.

    Fluff GP may get you matched against an opponent with more (fluff or non-fluff) GP in TW just like it does in GA.

    Please explain, why you believe, that's incorrect.

    The topic of this discussion says 'fluff', so I'm going to stick with that expression to avoid confusion.

    Different topic.. separate thread. Let's deal with GA first.
    Stop moving your goal post your looking incompetent!

    The topic of this discussion is:

    GP matchmaking & "fluff"

    In that regard, GA didn't bring anything, which wasn't already there in TW matchmaking contrary to what you claim.

    Feel free to discuss, but stop the personal attacks, please.

    You have that matching proof right?... perfect! Please share it.

    As I have stated multiple times...GA matches me with lean rosters...always. you are gonna have too take my word on this ..I'm not gonna screen shot my opponents or name them because I have seen thier play style and how they stack thier rosters. And they have a right to thier secret. On occasion a buff roster... But still more zatas then I own. That is the best I can do for this explaination demand. And yes our TW matches the same. Let's fixing matching....trial it and then revisit this. I have argued and explained and played your game..go back and read the 30+ pages of argument....now you are just having us repeat ourselves.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Please stop with getting too personal and don't get the topic locked. It's important this archive to be alive. Especially if you have expectations for any change, getting it locked will diminish that goal.
  • Tanzos
    200 posts Member
    edited March 5
    If we're discussing TW then let's discuss TW. Winning or losing in TW usually came down to a few factors:

    1) Participation. That's the biggest.
    2) Defensive Placement
    3) Meta Characters available (Revan, etc)
    4) Mis-plays on offense.

    Never has "The opponent has more G12 and Zetas than us" been a reason why we lost. Which of course is due to fluff. But that's not why we lose if we do.

    Here's the factors I encounter with winning or losing in GA.

    1) Participation. (Not setting D)
    2) Defensive Placement
    3) Meta Characters (Revan)
    4) Mis-plays on offense
    5) Having enough squads to fight on offense while maintaining a stout defense.

    #5 is where fluff comes into play. In TW we've cleared the enemy many times while I have a bunch of good teams unused.

    In GA, I barely have enough squads to use on offense unless I go completely lean on defense. But that only makes it way easier for the opponent.

    In TW you don't get more points for full health/prot units left. In GA you do, so sending out 11 squads of lvl 1 characters will give the opponent WAY more points than an actual defense.
  • Waqui
    6269 posts Member
    .
    Tanzos wrote: »
    If we're discussing TW then let's discuss TW. Winning or losing in TW usually came down to a few factors:

    [...]

    That's not what TRanger and I were discussing, so I'll that discussion to you.

  • Waqui
    6269 posts Member
    edited March 5
    Tanzos wrote: »
    Tanzos wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Tanzos wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Tanzos wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Tanzos wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    There are always gonna be differences in the GA matchups, we all agree on that. No matter which metric they use whether straight GP, number of zetas, number of G12, number of legendaies, Etc there will always be some who will win and some who will lose.

    This new (probably soon to be abandoned GA) is a good example. I have reached the final of every GA so far. Won some and lost some. This time round in my group 3 of the 8 have good Revan squads and if they put them on defence (which I would) it will be very tough indeed to get through them. Pretty much means I won't be able to clear and thus will probably lose that round.

    Bummer? Aye but it doesn't discourage me or make me particularly salty, just makes me more determined that next time Revan comes around I will be ready for him and will get my own. Then I will have a counter for him and I will be more competitive in this and other game modes. And that's kinda the point.

    GA, probably more than any other area of the game, shows places where your roster needs improving. It should make you sit down and look at what you need to work on. Regardless of how much fluff you might have you only need X teams for your bracket and that means a total of X toons for those teams. Plan out those teams, plan out those toons and start working. The faster you do that, the faster you will see results.

    Some people's rosters will always be stronger due to many factors, spending money in game, top rank guilds, very focused player, etc. But it is within your grasp to make your roster better, if you choose to.

    If not, then maybe accepting that GA may not be the game mode for you, is your way forward

    As with so many things in this game, YMMV

    What do you not understand ...all this prior GA..and a huge chunk post TB pre TW..read the game philosophy...posted multiple times a few pages back. If those so called fluff toons weren't meant to be used why are they selling shards or have nodes to collect them. You guys are playing hop scotch with the issue...which remains....GA is in no way fair...

    Will someone any one of you please share why you feel must be given matches you can easily win vs earning the rewards you receive to continue to be matched against players who can not beat you.

    Why is GA I only for you..how about being matched with only players of your similar focus instead..and all players to be matched the same..similar roster/ focus/ toons/ res distribution/ play style....and you guys on the other focus vs your piers.





    Nobody ever told you to fluff your roster..... Period.

    Those toons and nodes to contact left them are there for when it is time to focus on collecting that team.... Nothing more nothing less.....

    And no one told you how to at your game either...still answer me why you feel you should be matched vs people who are no challenge to you in favor of someone else who is. Answer why you shouldn't have to face the kind of matches I have. Because you have different play style..guess what I do too.

    Again, I face many challenging matchups.... You would be surprised how many players focus on one team at a time and build them up.....

    So, to answer your question, because my roster was carefully built towards this type of gameplay I deserve to reap the rewards for my effort, patience and focus.....

    What makes you feel you should be able to build a fluffy roster and still be competitive?...

    [...]

    Before GA there was no "Right or Wrong Way" to build a roster. Now with GA, suddenly many of us have been doing it "Wrong" this whole time and we've never been warned or encouraged. That's not right. No matter who you are, what choices you've made, THAT IS NOT RIGHT.

    There still is no 'right or wrong way' to build your roster. However, how you choose to build your roster influences your chances for success in the different game modes. That's part of the game.

    If there's no wrong way, this thread wouldn't exist.

    There are different ways, yes, and they give you different chances of winning a GA, yes. There's no right or wrong way.

    Okay fine.

    Up until GA there was no BEST way to have a roster. But since GA dropped, it has become clear what the BEST way to have your roster is. Those of us who developed our rosters any way other than this new BEST way is now forced to suffer the consequences of our choices, which were at the time neither good or bad choices.

    That ain't right.

    Better?

    GA didn't introduce anything new, which wasn't already introduced a year earlier with TW, in regard to what would make a strong roster or a weak roster. Fluff GP has the exact same effect on match-making in TW as it does in GA. Many players simply didn't realize how their fluff GP potentially hurt their guild until GA hit.

    Players, who chose to fluff up their roster GP now have a choice to make:
    To continue or to stop fluffing up their roster.

    By that logic I should be losing most of my TW's. Which I'm not, we win about half or so. I'm usually a higher contributer in my guild.

    There's a VERY BIG difference between TW and GA and that's the guild. In regards to this thread, it's not relevant. We're talking about GA matchmaking. Personal roster vs personal roster.

    @Waqui Here's what you're gonna say probably. I'll save you the trouble.

    "I never said that your fluff makes TW harder, I just simply stating that a fluff roster has had an effect on the game before GA and you still chose to make that choice. That's your choice."

    I never claimed that your fluff GP makes your TW harder. I claim that fluff has the exact same influence on TW matchmaking as it does on GA matchmaking.
    To which I'll reply:

    My choice was made based on my experience in TW not being affected by my fluff.

    The matchmaking was affected by it. Apparently you didn't realize it.
    . My success with my guild in TW was not a determining factor of my roster choice.
    TB was as we were still looking to hit that final star.

    But that's PvE. GA arena is a straight up dual. This is a completely different animal than TW or TB.

    And hence in GA you finaly realised how fluff GP influences matchmaking. Your personal fluff was only a drop in the 50-players ocean in TW. In GA it's not.

  • Tanzos wrote: »
    If we're discussing TW then let's discuss TW. Winning or losing in TW usually came down to a few factors:

    1) Participation. That's the biggest.
    2) Defensive Placement
    3) Meta Characters available (Revan, etc)
    4) Mis-plays on offense.

    Never has "The opponent has more G12 and Zetas than us" been a reason why we lost. Which of course is due to fluff. But that's not why we lose if we do.

    Here's the factors I encounter with winning or losing in GA.

    1) Participation. (Not setting D)
    2) Defensive Placement
    3) Meta Characters (Revan)
    4) Mis-plays on offense
    5) Having enough squads to fight on offense while maintaining a stout defense.

    #5 is where fluff comes into play. In TW we've cleared the enemy many times while I have a bunch of good teams unused.

    In GA, I barely have enough squads to use on offense unless I go completely lean on defense. But that only makes it way easier for the opponent.

    In TW you don't get more points for full health/prot units left. In GA you do, so sending out 11 squads of lvl 1 characters will give the opponent WAY more points than an actual defense.

    1 that you missed on TW is guild coordination for defensive placement and for offense. We have about 20 players that coordinate and the rest just do whatever they want. When we play well coordinated guilds, we have much lower success.

    This is not to take away from your point though. Fluff doesn’t seem to affect TW success as much as GA. In my experience (guild hovers around 100 million GP), those top 20 players can usually carry a guild to success.
  • When TW launched there were a ton of complaints on the forums about GP disparity in guild matchups. CG responded multiple times saying that GP is not the only factor they use for TW matchmaking.

    CG has said, and it's apparent, that GP is the only criteria in GA matchmaking. Fluff does not have a clear impact on TW matchmaking or performance like it does for GA. People keep comparing the two but it's not very relevant.
  • When TW launched there were a ton of complaints on the forums about GP disparity in guild matchups. CG responded multiple times saying that GP is not the only factor they use for TW matchmaking.

    CG has said, and it's apparent, that GP is the only criteria in GA matchmaking. Fluff does not have a clear impact on TW matchmaking or performance like it does for GA. People keep comparing the two but it's not very relevant.

    Uh oh...better watch out because now you have to cite your references.
  • Waqui
    6269 posts Member
    CG has said, and it's apparent, that GP is the only criteria in GA matchmaking.

    Are you sure about this? Do you have a source for this?

  • TRanger
    321 posts Member
    I have said my piece on GA..and at times I have lowered my own standard to regain footing. It was not my intent to alienate or belittle, just calling it The way I see it.

    @Waqui I don't know you but I see alot if myself the same, our passion for what we feel is just and unjust and sometimes blindly chase.

    For anyway who helped me fight this fight I see I am not alone in my experience and we only want to see balance.

    For all you lean roster guys...I have seen some of the most lean rosters this game has too offer and it is beautiful. I couldn't even trade what I have for . similar without eventually screwing it up too.

    In closing...I don't think GA matching is fair..I will never win and my lean match guys will never lose. And why should they,,, compared to my roster I have gone so extremely off point for pvp.. I will never catch up, I could get close eventually. I don't have any ideas in what would be good fix. I will say it was an honor to see some lean rosters, I really had no idea. Fight hard for what you believe is right.

    I have always seen myself as the defense. So I build and play that way. And I respect all people equally. I really do. And our right to choose our own path is something everyone should fight for..because someday your choice will be at risk. And you may need a few others.in your corner..so you can tag out.

    This is my tag out.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    CG has said, and it's apparent, that GP is the only criteria in GA matchmaking.

    Are you sure about this? Do you have a source for this?

    It's really not hard to find. From the Dev megapost on GA (below). Also it's been consistently observed, I haven't seen anyone call out a GP disparity in their GA matchups.
    m85a9fojsq25.jpg

    Now, compare that to the Dev post on TW matchmaking. Right at the top of the TW section of the forum.
    281ee0l6114j.jpg
  • Was hoping GA like this:

    Everyone have 14 5v5 territories + 1 ship to defend, and there's no frontline backline or something, you can attack any of it from the very beginning.

    So focused player with lean rosters will face the problem that tgey dont have enough squads - the fame favors them in many ways especially arena, so why not this mode favors collectors?

    Clearly I am wrong, GA favors those competitive players with lean rosters, again.
  • Guys, it isn't going to matter. You get placed against people that have roughly the same win/loss record as you. As time goes by, the people with the more fluffy GP's will be matched against each other. Stop insisting on instant perfection.
  • Waqui
    6269 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    CG has said, and it's apparent, that GP is the only criteria in GA matchmaking.

    Are you sure about this? Do you have a source for this?

    It's really not hard to find. From the Dev megapost on GA (below). Also it's been consistently observed, I haven't seen anyone call out a GP disparity in their GA matchups.
    m85a9fojsq25.jpg

    I know this dev post already. It says that you're matched with players of the same GP, yes. We have all experienced, that this is correct. Nobody is disputing that. However, you claimed, that it is the only criteria. So, again:
    Waqui wrote: »
    Are you sure about this? Do you have a source for this?


  • Waqui
    6269 posts Member
    Guys, it isn't going to matter. You get placed against people that have roughly the same win/loss record as you. As time goes by, the people with the more fluffy GP's will be matched against each other. Stop insisting on instant perfection.

    This is not correct. Before GA was released, some mined data suggested, that this would be, how GA would work, yes. However, this is not how the live GA works.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    CG has said, and it's apparent, that GP is the only criteria in GA matchmaking.

    Are you sure about this? Do you have a source for this?

    It's really not hard to find. From the Dev megapost on GA (below). Also it's been consistently observed, I haven't seen anyone call out a GP disparity in their GA matchups.
    m85a9fojsq25.jpg

    I know this dev post already. It says that you're matched with players of the same GP, yes. We have all experienced, that this is correct. Nobody is disputing that. However, you claimed, that it is the only criteria. So, again:
    Waqui wrote: »
    Are you sure about this? Do you have a source for this?


    @Kyno said he knows GP is not the only factor numerous times as a fact.

    I fail to see whatever those hidden factors are in effect though and doubtful of that being the case unless I see a dev post.
  • Guys, it isn't going to matter. You get placed against people that have roughly the same win/loss record as you. As time goes by, the people with the more fluffy GP's will be matched against each other. Stop insisting on instant perfection.

    If that's true that would be great. Did I miss CG saying that somewhere?
  • Waqui wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    CG has said, and it's apparent, that GP is the only criteria in GA matchmaking.

    Are you sure about this? Do you have a source for this?

    It's really not hard to find. From the Dev megapost on GA (below). Also it's been consistently observed, I haven't seen anyone call out a GP disparity in their GA matchups.
    m85a9fojsq25.jpg

    I know this dev post already. It says that you're matched with players of the same GP, yes. We have all experienced, that this is correct. Nobody is disputing that. However, you claimed, that it is the only criteria. So, again:
    Waqui wrote: »
    Are you sure about this? Do you have a source for this?


    You have to be trolling. If CG was using more than GP to calculate matchups we would see evidence of that like we do in TW and they'd likely have said so by now like they did with TW. We have no evidence that they use anything else but we do have evidence that it's the only factor.
  • Waqui
    6269 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    CG has said, and it's apparent, that GP is the only criteria in GA matchmaking.

    Are you sure about this? Do you have a source for this?

    It's really not hard to find. From the Dev megapost on GA (below). Also it's been consistently observed, I haven't seen anyone call out a GP disparity in their GA matchups.
    m85a9fojsq25.jpg

    I know this dev post already. It says that you're matched with players of the same GP, yes. We have all experienced, that this is correct. Nobody is disputing that. However, you claimed, that it is the only criteria. So, again:
    Waqui wrote: »
    Are you sure about this? Do you have a source for this?


    You have to be trolling.

    You may not be able to prove your claim, but that doesn't justify personal attacks.
    If CG was using more than GP to calculate matchups we would see evidence of that like we do in TW and they'd likely have said so by now like they did with TW. We have no evidence that they use anything else but we do have evidence that it's the only factor.

    So, you don't have a resource that supports your claim.

    No, you don't have any evidence, that it's the only factor. You only have your theory. I have a different theory, which I have explained previously in this discussion and in other similar discussions:

    I believe, it's on purpose and part of the match-making algorithm, that players with stronger rosters and players with weaker rosters (or lean/broad rosters) of the same GP are mixed during match-making. Yes, it's just a theory, but that's what I'm seeing in those few GAs I've played so far.
  • Waqui
    6269 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    CG has said, and it's apparent, that GP is the only criteria in GA matchmaking.

    Are you sure about this? Do you have a source for this?

    It's really not hard to find. From the Dev megapost on GA (below). Also it's been consistently observed, I haven't seen anyone call out a GP disparity in their GA matchups.
    m85a9fojsq25.jpg

    I know this dev post already. It says that you're matched with players of the same GP, yes. We have all experienced, that this is correct. Nobody is disputing that. However, you claimed, that it is the only criteria. So, again:

    Are you sure about this? Do you have a source for this?


    You have to be trolling.

    You may not be able to prove your claim, but that doesn't justify personal attacks.
    If CG was using more than GP to calculate matchups we would see evidence of that like we do in TW and they'd likely have said so by now like they did with TW. We have no evidence that they use anything else but we do have evidence that it's the only factor.

    So, you don't have a resource that supports your claim.

    No, you don't have any evidence, that it's the only factor. You only have your theory. I have a different theory, which I have explained previously in this discussion and in other similar discussions:

    I believe, it's on purpose and part of the match-making algorithm, that players with stronger rosters and players with weaker rosters (or lean/broad rosters) of the same GP are mixed during match-making. Yes, it's just a theory, but that's what I'm seeing in those few GAs I've played so far.
  • Waqui
    6269 posts Member
    And regarding, that CG would have said so by now, if other criteria than GP is used:

    CG have announced, that they don't reveal all details of their match-making algorithm.
  • I believe, it's on purpose and part of the match-making algorithm, that players with stronger rosters and players with weaker rosters (or lean/broad rosters) of the same GP are mixed during match-making. Yes, it's just a theory, but that's what I'm seeing in those few GAs I've played so far.

    Your theory is based on less evidence. And a system based soley on GP would still result in match-ups like we all observe. No reason to assume more complexity than we have evidence for.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    And regarding, that CG would have said so by now, if other criteria than GP is used:

    CG have announced, that they don't reveal all details of their match-making algorithm.

    Source?
Sign In or Register to comment.