"Mythic" Galactic War Idea

TL;DR - An idea for a week long EXTREMELY HIGH difficulty Galactic War, with daily roster resets. Rewards based on how far you get. Something for those bored endgame players.

For those dedicated players in the game, we find the days where no kind of event or key TB/TW/GA days occur a bit lackluster. We used to have the Galactic War to do everyday, which was a challenge at one point in the game. Then it became a chore, and then it became skippable.

What if we could have a really difficult version of the Galactic War - a "Mythic" version. It could last 1 week total, resetting every week. It would have the same feel as the current Galactic war, but could work like a normal Holotable Battle or TB battle - waves of very hard opponents that you need to plow through your roster to defeat. You could have daily resets to get through the nodes (or it could be every 2 days depending on how difficult it would be). The rewards could be based on how many nodes you complete, how much GP you throw at it etc.

Perhaps this could be an idea to consider for the future for those real endgame players approaching 4M GP. No idea what kind of unlock it would be, perhaps a GP unlock of around 3.5M? I think it would be a fresh challenge at that level. Rewards don't need to be insane, but should be worth it for what is asked. Maybe just some gear, some GW currency. Hey, maybe put a GW-store-only toon in the game that is real expensive xD pushing it now? Probably. Just the Mythic GW for now then.

Replies

• Options
    Another annoying time sink? No, thanks.

Also, strong tank/healer/revive squads are at a huge advantage at gw type events.. So, like... Revan... Which everybody in the top300 has maxed already.
  • Options
    No, no no, absolutely no. It would feel like year one again and we don't need to be reminded of that. New players don't know about the battles of GW, they have it super easy now. If GW wasn't so hard in year one this would be a different story but it was and when I got my 150 wins they lowered it to 75. No
  • Options
    I'm glad to have the idea, as long as I can choose to sim it if I'm too busy. The thing that people aren't thinking about is we could use that place to practice new teams, which is invaluable.
  • Options
    If it provides more crystals and mk5 stun guns I’m good with it
  • Options
    I love this idea. I’m tired of napping to the 11th node to have a challenge
  • Options
    Love it. Sign me up.
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    The only reason why I would like this is to test out different teams. I can’t try any different teams in the current GW as they destroy the competition so I can’t get a good gauge of what they can do.
    Post edited by Mr_Sausage on
  • Options
    This or even better imo would be to have a guild gw
  • Options
    You do know Revan team can solo the whole board right?
  • Options
    You do know Revan team can solo the whole board right?

Lots of teams can auto battle the whole thing. But have you considered trying out different teams? What about testing different offense teams on typical defenses to find different counters? Maybe experiment defenses to see how the AI works? There are a lot of reasons to have a proving ground of sorts, that we honestly don't have against really hard opponents.
  • Options
    There is no level of video game content that any developer can ever put out that will be able to keep up with the pace of players being able to churn through it. I remember when SWTOR released some content they thought would take people at least a month to burn through and players were finishing it in one week by playing 20 hours a day, lol. CG isn't going to be able to cure your "boredom". Anything shiny and new will be interesting a few times and then you'll be bored all over again.
  • Lrac
    1 posts Member
    Options
    I'd like it better if it was a "battle your own roster" combo of Galactic War + Grand Arena.
  • Options
    I still vote for In Guild Challenges where you could wage gear against eachother or simply for bragging rights. Just a bit of healthy competition with your guild mates. GA is ok, but it's not personal enough to expand on any conversation or get excited about.
  • Options
    ^^ Could also be nice to test different squads and against other specific squads.
  • Options
    Lrac wrote: »
    I'd like it better if it was a "battle your own roster" combo of Galactic War + Grand Arena.

Now that’s an idea. We would get direct feedback in the way of battling our own roster, which would help us improve it. It would essentially be a practice and experimenting area to have fun in. It would be even better to make it available to players early on in the game as at the beginning it is kind of slow and new players have nothing to do while they wait for their energy to fill up. This will help them learn the ropes early on and they would not have to invest time unless they had free time available.

• Options
    If you would put a bunch mk 5 stun guns and the mk 3 carbantis as rewards, then everyone would be on board with this idea.
  • Options
    I like the idea of a mythic galactic war, provided it is once a week at most.

If it was every other week and lasted a week to to let you complete at your leisure it would be ideal.
  • Options
    It would have to start/open at 4mil GP, imo. But, it could be fun if done right.
    Ooba hutar.
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Options
    Not enough revan fight everyday in the arena?
  • Options
    surjer wrote: »
    I still vote for In Guild Challenges where you could wage gear against eachother or simply for bragging rights. Just a bit of healthy competition with your guild mates. GA is ok, but it's not personal enough to expand on any conversation or get excited about.

This would be the perfect way to test teams/mods and tweak them for TW.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    I'd be on board if I weren't so sure it would just end up being fights against 12 Revan teams in a row with an occasional Traya or CLS.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    I like OP’s idea but have an additional idea to modify it. Instead of letting it last a week, let it continue indefinitely until a player completes it. CG could set up an EXTREMELY hard path of say 12 nodes where the expectation is that you whittle it down daily with your whole roster (that resets and becomes available to use again daily) until it’s completed and this could take days or weeks depending on your roster. As you complete a node, maybe you get 250k-500k credits but once you complete all 12 nodes you get some amazingly incredible rewards including hard-to-get G12/G12+ gear (no challenge gear), credits, mod salvage, achievements, etc. This could provide endgame users with a new challenge and doesn’t penalize newer players. It’s just another feature that those who are committed and love the game can keep pushing themselves.
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    So just like the dark dimension game mode on a certain marvel game 😉
  • Options
    Saraleb wrote: »
    So just like the dark dimension game mode on a certain marvel game 😉

Hey it ain’t a bad idea, provides a challenge and clearly isn’t reinventing the wheel (so shouldn’t be hard for devs to pull off). Lots of SWGOH themes seem prevalent over there. If it works, why not emulate it here?