A ship raid

Prev1
I've seen a lot of posts recently complaining and arguing about a possible ship raid. It seems reasonable to me because that would mean in doing so CG would be rewarding players who like ships and the whales who spend on ships.

Replies

• We need more ships. We only have enough ships for like three or four teams
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    With rancor levels of difficultly, I don’t see why it wouldn’t be possible. However, this Would take focus away from other areas of the game for the developers, and something that simple may not require anything to build towards, ie no revenue generated for devs time/work.

Edit: initially wrote revanue instead of... wait a minute!
  • It would generate a lot of buzz if it was the death star. :#
  • It would be good if it were the Death Star II. 1st Phase: Ridiculous number of tie fighters.
    2nd Phase: Attacking the SSD Executor.
    3rd Phase: Attacking the surface of the DSII.
    4th Phase: Assault on the interior and blowing up the core.

Or something along those lines. I feel like as great as a DSI attack would be, it doesn't lend itself as well to a full attacking model like the Battle of Endor.
  • A ship raid is pretty much the only thing that would get people more interested in ships....currently there isn't enough to do with ships to make it worth it for players to invest more heavily in them.
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    Maybe they could have two versions of this- the first one could be something like the Death Star or the lucrhulk (droid control ship) from episode 1. They would be pretty standard with rancor levels of difficulty, only requiring ships and having 4 phases.

The second way they could do this is to have a big raid with character and ship battles. This could be the Death Star II and Endor, starkiller base, scarif, etc. They could have two phases of characters and ships, with the Death Star II having phases against the shield generator, the executor, the Death Star reactor, and the emperor and Vader.

Those are just some ideas, but either way they’ll have to do something about the amount of ships we have. We either need more ships and capital ships, or they could provide their own capital ship like in the **** legendary event.
  • Col_Janson wrote: »
    It would be good if it were the Death Star II. 1st Phase: Ridiculous number of tie fighters.

Or something along those lines. I feel like as great as a DSI attack would be, it doesn't lend itself as well to a full attacking model like the Battle of Endor.

Nice!
  • Ship raid followed by the inevitable ship nerfs
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    I think ship raid is just a matter of time, but right now, we need more ships and especially capitals.
    It would be good if it were the Death Star II. 1st Phase: Ridiculous number of tie fighters.

It would be cool if it was ships while in space but you actually had to have a ground assault to take out the shields. That way you would be able to use both characters and ships, making it a multi discipline raid. I think that would be sweet.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    2 years in and we don't even have faction based assault battles...which would have made people farm or spend to gear toons to beat the highest tiers....

I want a raid I REALLY WANT A RAID.... but asking for a raid when they cannot even give us some basic PVE content to play around with the ships we have after 2 years..... meh I want it but just don't see it...

I think they will just keep releasing more powerful ships flip the metas hope people will spend but NEVER give us anything fun to play around with ship wise... it's pretty sad especially when people do spend on ships depending on the situation..... ya gotta give a little back there team...

SHIIIIPPPPSSSS

@CG_SBCrumb @CG_Carrie

This guy is a genius, and I want exactly this.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Fives5555 wrote: »
    We need more ships. We only have enough ships for like three or four teams

And a guild of 50 would have like 200ish ship teams?

Seems like enough to me
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Fives5555 wrote: »
    We need more ships. We only have enough ships for like three or four teams

And a guild of 50 would have like 200ish ship teams?

Seems like enough to me

yeah gotta start somewhere...pit like ship raid over time make something bigger... agreee 100%
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    People asking for ship raid just don't realize how awful it'll actually be
  • It would have its roughness to start out with for sure, but it would get ironed out... albeit slowly.

I also like that idea of a mixed character and ship raid. With alternating phases, that way people who didn't invest in ships could help with it too.
  • Not even close to enough ships for a raid to even be considered.
  • Javabeeker
    56 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Anyone else curious about the text for the IG-2000 basic, which says other droid allies gain half the heal? Currently there are NO other droid allies in ships...just sayin’
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Deathstar ship raid with red 5 as reward? I am in.
  • A ship raid would not be as good as people wish. Currently, there aren't mods on ships. which are a large proponent of current raids. Because mods can make characters more suited for things they weren't designed for. like a fast tank, or big damage with criticals. meaning you couldn't really solo a ship raid or do a ton of damage unless it was dead easy. which causes more issues
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Col_Janson wrote: »

It would be cool if it was ships while in space but you actually had to have a ground assault to take out the shields. That way you would be able to use both characters and ships, making it a multi discipline raid. I think that would be sweet.

I'd be down for this. Would love more ship content.
  • No
  • We need a Skywalker X-wing if we're gonna have a death star raid. Atleast have it in the game mode and bring it to us sooner than later
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    While a ship raid seems inevitable at some point, I really don't want a Death Star Raid. A thermal exhaust port or main reactor is a lame final wave boss. Besides there are probably a few players who have blown up both Death Stars from the older Star Wars simulator games like X-Wing, X-Wing Alliance, Rogue Squadron/Rogue Leader and its been done to death.

You want to do the battle of Endor where you have to clear the defenses around the Executor? Sweet. You want to assault the Mon Calamari Cruiser Liberty that is supported by Rogue Squadron? Sweet.(Balance of Power Campaign) You want us to destroy fleeing Rebel ships from Hoth or assault the Invisible Hand, awesome.

Do not get me wrong. I know how pivotal these battles are to Star Wars and that many fans would be delighted to have it in the game. I don't really blame them for that and they are entitled to that desire. But having played it in other Star Wars games that have done it well, I would like something that has not been played out before.
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    As far as scale goes, does it need to be as hard as the sith raid? Would it be a fail if it was as hard as rancor? Would tank level difficulty be the perfect difficulty?

Would it be a lame raid if it was just waves of empire ships in each phase? Each phase has different backgrounds: phase 1 executrix in the background with 25 waves, phase 2 is death star in the background with 25 waves, phase 3 is trenches in the background with 35 waves, and phase 4 is 10 waves with beefed up tie advanced.

Now that I think of it, it could be layed out like a TB but with a space background.
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    HK22 wrote: »
    While a ship raid seems inevitable at some point, I really don't want a Death Star Raid. A thermal exhaust port or main reactor is a lame final wave boss. Besides there are probably a few players who have blown up both Death Stars from the older Star Wars simulator games like X-Wing, X-Wing Alliance, Rogue Squadron/Rogue Leader and its been done to death.

You want to do the battle of Endor where you have to clear the defenses around the Executor? Sweet. You want to assault the Mon Calamari Cruiser Liberty that is supported by Rogue Squadron? Sweet.(Balance of Power Campaign) You want us to destroy fleeing Rebel ships from Hoth or assault the Invisible Hand, awesome.

Do not get me wrong. I know how pivotal these battles are to Star Wars and that many fans would be delighted to have it in the game. I don't really blame them for that and they are entitled to that desire. But having played it in other Star Wars games that have done it well, I would like something that has not been played out before.

Then battle of scarif?

P1 space fight to cover some to go in
    P2 inside scarif, fight ships and ATAT
    P3 space fight to destroy shield generator
    P4 fight Vader, buying time for leia escape
  • We need a Skywalker X-wing if we're gonna have a death star raid. Atleast have it in the game mode and bring it to us sooner than later

That's likely the reward for a Death Star raid.

It's a good idea for a purely ship-based raid, but a Battle of Endor raid starting as a ground battle for two phases and ending with destroying Executor and Death Star might be a little easier to handle at this point with the small number of options we have for ships.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    People asking for ship raid just don't realize how awful it'll actually be

Or you could accept that lots of people might think it would be bad but still gladly take it because i could use ships i farmed for TWO years for SOMETHING....

Zero excuse for no pve/guild ship content
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    ThisYeezy wrote: »
    Col_Janson wrote: »

It's a good idea for a purely ship-based raid, but a Battle of Endor raid starting as a ground battle for two phases and ending with destroying Executor and Death Star might be a little easier to handle at this point with the small number of options we have for ships.

More for ship only

Everytime they have blended ships and toons is a disaster total disaster. TB 20 minute slog with toons TEN second ship fight 3 basics gg. Ship part of TB is so horrible right now.... not sure why its even there especially post HT which the ai cant beat

GA lolololololololo need i speak

TW meh horrible.....

Again ill take what i can get ship content is ship content but if its like the above.... mehhhhh