Update on the Finn/Threepio Raid Interaction: Resulting Finn Modifications [MEGA]

Replies

• Is Finn’s nerf live or not yet ?
  • Suprème_Lèader_Tsao
    122 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    I just want it to be over.

Yep. My guild is close to beating HSTR, but we need some more squads to help us with the last phases. Just make the change. Refund the zeta or don’t, and let people test new squad compositions with zFinn so we can see if his Zeta is still good enough to help us through.

This has all been an enormous waste of energy... wait, not just energy—precious Fleet Battles energy.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    CosmicJ wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

I dont know why they dont post here as often as many would like, but I can make guesses, and my guess is it's pretty obvious when you look at the conversation that happened on reddit when Carrie posted, and the general attitude here.

A little off topic, but since you mentioned this...

If you are talking about the Grievous post, I don't think the response to Carrie was that bad on Reddit. Some ppl were... a little irrational... but that's the passion of the internet.

I think it was actually great that she jumped on. If she can weather it, and continue to handle herself like she did, the company will gain more respect. This is for the simple fact that the community know they are actually being listened to (even if we can come off as an angry whingy mob sometimes).

You misunderstand, the conversation that came from Carrie's post on Reddit was great, and I was pointing out that, that would not happen here.
  • To comment in general, I've heard this theme over and over, and this theme is wrong. Worse than wrong, it makes people into victums.

What theme am I talking about? One's bad behavior, rudeness, constant badgering to get people fired, constant degrading of another (namely the devs) as being incompetent, the cursing and bad language that gets censored, the emotional aggressive responses all because of one thing. And that one thing is?

"Somehow CG wronged me. CG is out to get me. CG is all about money and is purposely designing their game to defraud." Which leads to being the victim and that somehow grants one the moral high ground to be just plain mean.

Kyno said it best. Our responses are our choice. The responsibility to be civil belongs to each one of us, and there is never an excuse to be mean even on the internet.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Kyno wrote: »

I dont know why they dont post here as often as many would like, but I can make guesses, and my guess is it's pretty obvious when you look at the conversation that happened on reddit when Carrie posted, and the general attitude here.

If you are talking about the Grievous post, I don't think the response to Carrie was that bad on Reddit. Some ppl were... a little irrational... but that's the passion of the internet.

I think it was actually great that she jumped on. If she can weather it, and continue to handle herself like she did, the company will gain more respect. This is for the simple fact that the community know they are actually being listened to (even if we can come off as an angry whingy mob sometimes).

You misunderstand, the conversation that came from Carrie's post on Reddit was great, and I was pointing out that, that would not happen here.

Of course not , they would have to actially post here to have a conversation and that in and of itself is the actual issue. Is reddit the official forum. Should i sign up there instead and leave here?
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    there is never an excuse to be mean

Here i agree

In real life thats kinda lol

The Josey Wales speech “ya gotta get mean”. Proves this
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member

All i remember is she kept saying I have a big meeting, i have a big meeting...... then silence, i doubt that meeting went well or we might have heard something about “had a great meeting” “or good news folks”.

Silence quite scary here imo hopefully the “big meeting” is not bad for everyone in general
  • mvmss
    213 posts Member
    We can be civil all we want, dress up with a top hat sit down for afternoon tea, if you will, while we all listen to a little known song by Simon and Garfunkel, echoing far from CG's end, it seems.
  • 3P0 is coming back for the 2nd time and this is still broken... smh...
  • CosmicJ
    348 posts Member

Ahh right. Well, the Reddit community is pretty rough and she did a great job to bring them around. I think you might be surprised that people here can be reasonable too.

Keep in mind the ppl that care enough to post on these forums love this game, that's why they get so mad. :)

If the devs come on a little more often, maintain composure, and respond to at least some of the rants with a little context on why they did xyz (even if it's rehashed), acknowledge any coherent and valid points from the angry mob and actually consider... is this a better way? I think that will help calm things down a bit.
  • KM1
    145 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    You know, as a meta point, @Kyno @YaeVizsla @ImYourHuckleberry , there have been words like "Toxic" and "torches" thrown about by those who believe we should just go out there and support whatever the Devs and community managers do. But let's examine this
    The player base is actually all powerless in the game, it's the Devs and CG that have all the power- they decide whether to nerf or not. We are merely supplicants. We spend our time coming here and begging them to rethink the nerf- and they ignore us . But to point that out is "Toxic". That played out trope to end debate is demeaning to us.

We don't have the power to (and haven't asked) for any consequences for CG people but asking them to refund the investment in the toon, and suggesting alternatives is somehow "uncivil". It's sad how corrosive this is to debate that doesn't favour the nerf and the Dev's silence.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Of course not , they would have to actially post here to have a conversation and that in and of itself is the actual issue. Is reddit the official forum. Should i sign up there instead and leave here?

They do post here, but rather than trying to have a conversation some people decide to make snarky remarks. :wink:
  • mvmss
    213 posts Member

They do post here, but rather than trying to have a conversation some people decide to make snarky remarks. :wink:

Do they?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Dk_rek wrote: »

All i remember is she kept saying I have a big meeting, i have a big meeting...... then silence, i doubt that meeting went well or we might have heard something about “had a great meeting” “or good news folks”.

Silence quite scary here imo hopefully the “big meeting” is not bad for everyone in general

??

Um, ok.

You think this because?

Does she normally report back about meeting she has ? Wasn't she just being polite, and letting them know why she wouldnt be able to respond after open up a dialog to discuss a point?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Ahh right. Well, the Reddit community is pretty rough and she did a great job to bring them around. I think you might be surprised that people here can be reasonable too.

Keep in mind the ppl that care enough to post on these forums love this game, that's why they get so mad. :)

If the devs come on a little more often, maintain composure, and respond to at least some of the rants with a little context on why they did xyz (even if it's rehashed), acknowledge any coherent and valid points from the angry mob and actually consider... is this a better way? I think that will help calm things down a bit.

There is nothing wrong with being mad, that doesnt mean we shouldnt try to be civil. The dev team are not the ones that have composure issues.

Unfortunately it's not possible to comment on a "coherent point" when the forums have an angry mob. There is also no reason that a group of people should let themselves get to the point of being called an angry mob, just because they are upset and have some general anonymity of the internet. The responses we do get are rarely met by a calming crowd, so no generally speaking I don't think that has been the case. I think if more would try to stay calm when expressing themselves from the beginning we might see more, but that is just my opinion.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited March 2019
    dominiQC wrote: »

Oh (and sorry to quote you twice) but this is the top topic on Reddit SWGOH (you probably know already) and I am not quite sure we can qualify this as "great" nor "positive" and it is far less "constructive" than most replies on this topic here. But as I said, Reddit is the "official non official forums for everything"...

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/awe6wh/the_most_wretched_hive_of_scum_and_villainy/

It opened up and was civil enough for her to have a few remarks and no one calling her names or insulting her ability to do a job, or ethical position of what she does for a job. That is more than can be said for pages upon pages of what many refer to as a response from the community here.

I'm not saying that Reddit is better than anything here all the time, I'm just pointing out that a conversation may be able to happen if here if we all look at the general mood here and maybe focus it a little to not be so off topic. Personal attacks and any comments about the dev teams professionalism dont really carry much weight from a community that is acts like everything is a "riot" worthy action IMO.

Edit: this is the conversation I was referring too:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/atjyon/angry_incoherent_rant_from_a_whale/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Post edited by Kyno on
  • mvmss
    213 posts Member
    You know this goes both ways, right?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    mvmss wrote: »

Of course, all I am saying is that IMO, maybe we as a community could tone it down a little to see if we can stear things a different way.
  • Madlax
    119 posts Member

Of course, all I am saying is that IMO, maybe we as a community could tone it down a little to see if we can stear things a different way.

Not defending CG but I wouldnt wanna read through all them pages either ^^ Maybe just make a poll about this and deactivate comments? :expressionless:
  • KM1 wrote: »
    You know, as a meta point, @Kyno @YaeVizsla @ImYourHuckleberry , there have been words like "Toxic" and "torches" thrown about by those who believe we should just go out there and support whatever the Devs and community managers do. But let's examine this
    The player base is actually all powerless in the game, it's the Devs and CG that have all the power- they decide whether to nerf or not. We are merely supplicants. We spend our time coming here and begging them to rethink the nerf- and they ignore us . But to point that out is "Toxic". That played out trope to end debate is demeaning to us.

We don't have the power to (and haven't asked) for any consequences for CG people but asking them to refund the investment in the toon, and suggesting alternatives is somehow "uncivil". It's sad how corrosive this is to debate that doesn't favour the nerf and the Dev's silence.

The passion the community on the forums has is definitely a redeeming quality. We're human, and we should be alive and lively. Can you see the difference between being passionate in a polite way and passionate in a down right mean way. I hope that you see 'blaming' CG/Devs for our responses does not grant license to be rude and impolite.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    KM1 wrote: »
    You know, as a meta point, Kyno YaeVizsla ImYourHuckleberry , there have been words like "Toxic" and "torches" thrown about by those who believe we should just go out there and support whatever the Devs and community managers do. But let's examine this...

Wrong, at no point have I ever said we should just support them.
  • Lol... If you don't like the zFinn rework, it's entirely OK to say, "I don't like it". No one is say you can't express your opinions!
  • mvmss
    213 posts Member
    Lol... If you don't like the zFinn rework, it's entirely OK to say, "I don't like it". No one is say you can't express your opinions!

CG asked us for our opinion, in fact. A poll is very incomplete, in terms of data gathering.

It would be a community if we had a dialogue, perhaps? As of now, if feels like a church and we are waiting for the return of the deity to speak back to us.

I don't mean to say how people should do their jobs, but it must be someone's job and someone gets paid to do this, right? I can assure you there are much worse jobs around, than answering to mobs that frow angry on internet forums. Also, it's very reasonable, on our end, to expect some sort of "back and forth", when our opinion was asked to be expressed.

As we all can see, this has become a metadiscussion and, 42 pages later, we are stilk waiting for someone to talk back to us.

Who is unreasonable, at this point??
  • Ripperpa
    298 posts Member
    Is anybody on the official reddit forum and can tell me if a refund is happening or not?
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member

Crumb, last reply to a thread 2/28: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/profile/comments/CG_SBCrumb

Carrie, last reply to a thread 2/1: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/profile/comments/CG_Carrie

TopHat, last reply to a thread 3/2: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/profile/comments/CG_TopHat

So, do they post here? Sure, once a week or so between the three of them.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Lol... If you don't like the zFinn rework, it's entirely OK to say, "I don't like it". No one is say you can't express your opinions!

CG asked us for our opinion, in fact. A poll is very incomplete, in terms of data gathering.

It would be a community if we had a dialogue, perhaps? As of now, if feels like a church and we are waiting for the return of the deity to speak back to us.

I don't mean to say how people should do their jobs, but it must be someone's job and someone gets paid to do this, right? I can assure you there are much worse jobs around, than answering to mobs that frow angry on internet forums. Also, it's very reasonable, on our end, to expect some sort of "back and forth", when our opinion was asked to be expressed.

As we all can see, this has become a metadiscussion and, 42 pages later, we are stilk waiting for someone to talk back to us.

I understand, but how many pages of those 42 are just trash talking rather than any constructive comments to the point of what the community wants/is talking about.

I believe they would be more apt to respond with, some mild rhetoric of "we are reviewing the feedback, but have no changes at this time" if as a collective we were more constructive. But that is just my opinion. I also believe comments like that are not as helpful because they seem to spark less constructive comments than "calm the masses", but it's hard to gauge that, and is just speculation on my part.

Also, at no point have I said they should not communicate more (and here), I am not putting this all on the community in any way, just offering some thoughts on how things could be changed from our end to maybe spurn changes on the other side. I am not discouraging feedback, just saying that we could try to do it in a more constructive manner to make the situation as a whole, less off putting for someone to respond to, even if they dotn have anything to say.
  • Kyno wrote: »

I understand, but how many pages of those 42 are just trash talking rather than any constructive comments to the point of what the community wants/is talking about.

I believe they would be more apt to respond with, some mild rhetoric of "we are reviewing the feedback, but have no changes at this time" if as a collective we were more constructive. But that is just my opinion. I also believe comments like that are not as helpful because they seem to spark less constructive comments than "calm the masses", but it's hard to gauge that, and is just speculation on my part.

Also, at no point have I said they should not communicate more (and here), I am not putting this all on the community in any way, just offering some thoughts on how things could be changed from our end to maybe spurn changes on the other side. I am not discouraging feedback, just saying that we could try to do it in a more constructive manner to make the situation as a whole, less off putting for someone to respond to, even if they dotn have anything to say.

LOL, you literally said that you believe the devs don't engage with fans here because the tone of the community on this board

• Let's take your comments one by one.

This hyperbole is not constructive. As a person, I'd just dismiss it and ignore your comments. I wouldn't expect a response from anyone at CG, and if you do expect one, you're really not seeing the point I'm making. This is just mean.

You come off as 'being' reasonable, but in actuality you're not. You don't mean to tell CG how to do their job, then you go right ahead and tell them exactly how to do their job. Again, don't expect a response. Your comments are just rude. If you're expecting 'back and forth' from comments like this, you'll not get one.

42 pages is not the total comments worth responding to. If you going to be _____(insert adjective) ____ then don't expect an answer.

I can see that you're still not getting it. To end your mean response you called CG unreasonable. Look, maybe it's not your strong point, but ridicule is not polite. It can be mean especially in text when non-verbal signs, body language, tone of vouce, inflection are not present.

In summary. Reading your respinse, I wouldn't blame anyone at CG for not responding to you.

This discussion has been closed.