Well? Any suggestions?

You guys know how op revan is, so maybe you guys can come up an idea to counter him. I have no idea right now, unless i come up with ways that will make darth reven seriously op.

Tell me what you think.
Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales

Replies

• Some kind of death mark that you can’t be revived from-
    This feels most likely - either his version of JKRs marking or HKs-
    Maybe some mass dazed to prevent the assisting.
  • Drazz127
    770 posts Member
    Revan has a good kit, but I think he mostly is complimented by some great Jedi around him, which makes him so good. Sith have a ton of good characters, and it wouldn't be hard to have a lead that easily makes them meta. They're already the best counter to him.
    You give Darth Revan a similar kit with deathmark instead of mark and it's easy to see that Sith will be back on top.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Revan is absolutely not overpowered. He requires the best mods and strategy and dedication to excelllence to learn his very demanding kit.

This guy sitting at #84 in my squad arena is proof. He is complimented by his excellent +50 speed Yoda, a +48 speed Bastilla, and +29 speed Jolee:

3eywoq9qrvrs.png
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    Ugh. +3 speed? Dude, that guy needs to learn mods.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »
    Revan is absolutely not overpowered. He requires the best mods and strategy and dedication to excelllence to learn his very demanding kit.

This guy sitting at #84 in my squad arena is proof. He is complimented by his excellent +50 speed Yoda, a +48 speed Bastilla, and +29 speed Jolee:

3eywoq9qrvrs.png

So? There are few revans in my shard sitting at 300ish.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    traya
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Daze locked!

Daze that cannot be dispelled. :p
  • Bouu
    109 posts Member

3eywoq9qrvrs.png

I think you proved the exact opposite. How can anyone break the top 100 with such terrible mods unless they are OP. Unless that was facetious in which case exactly...
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Bouu wrote: »

3eywoq9qrvrs.png

I think you proved the exact opposite. How can anyone break the top 100 with such terrible mods unless they are OP. Unless that was facetious in which case exactly...

@Bouu @Phoenixeon

I hoped it was obvious that I Was being a ****. ;)

So to be clear: if a dude can make top 100 with a +3 speed Revan and no one faster than +50, it means Revan is horribly horribly broken.

Which means that they next guy they release to beat him is going to be even more horribly broken.
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Or you see G8 zRevans (single z intentional)and their posse of G8-10 Jedi with +50-75 speed move up past you in your shard through a sea of G12 multi-zeta Palps, Bastilas, etc. All with excellent mods and ridiculous fast Vaders. No he's not OP at all.
  • Bouu
    109 posts Member
    I do think there is potential for a leader ability to put sith back on top. Unfortunately I think this will only make things worse.. I don’t claim to have a better solution opposed to power creep. I just wish there were more reworks to go with the constant power creep
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    2ufk9i.jpg
  • Droideka
    615 posts Member
    Tbirds01 wrote: »
    Ugh. +3 speed? Dude, that guy needs to learn mods.
    Why? Whatever he is doing seems to be working for him. Don’t want to rock the boat.
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Tough. You want him to get better at the game. You also want to beat him easier. :D

Get that easy win.
  • The thing is, jolee and yoda are the most annoying things around him, and perhaps kenobi. Disabling jolee is the first, and yoda second.

I can see that scion and nihlus may be useable again, as scion clears all buffs no matter what, and nihlus instantly kills everything. Makes a lotta sense, what might work though is perhaps tenacity reduction as well as outtheroof damage, and that might take care of them easier, and make debuffs spread faster.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Teams to stomp Revan take some serious investment...

CLS team with Chewie, Han, R2 and 3PO can breeze through Revan teams... but that’s considering you have the full strong team... with zetas and solid mods.... and that you follow a certain pattern of attack... offensively it’s great but defensively it’s a target

Grievous and the reworked separatist droids crush Revan as well... it’s maybe the quickest and easiest way to face Revan teams... but again it requires the team to be very strong and several zetas to function properly. I think it’s even stronger defensively than CLS lead... but also still a target (probably mostly because it’s something different)

There are a few other options as well (NS, some funky JTR teams, etc)

... but other than Revan mirror fights these are the most reliable options to deal with the cliche Revan team atm...

Grievous & friends is my current team and I’m taking #1 quite easily now that I’ve gotten a feel for the team and put some resources into them...

It’s about a minute to a minute and a half only to win most fights... and decisively at that

GP10sxM.jpg

4i2iSa0.jpg
  • Smapty wrote: »
    Teams to stomp Revan take some serious investment...

CLS team with Chewie, Han, R2 and 3PO can breeze through Revan teams... but that’s considering you have the full strong team... with zetas and solid mods.... and that you follow a certain pattern of attack... offensively it’s great but defensively it’s a target

Grievous and the reworked separatist droids crush Revan as well... it’s maybe the quickest and easiest way to face Revan teams... but again it requires the team to be very strong and several zetas to function properly. I think it’s even stronger defensively than CLS lead... but also still a target (probably mostly because it’s something different)

There are a few other options as well (NS, some funky JTR teams, etc)

... but other than Revan mirror fights these are the most reliable options to deal with the cliche Revan team atm...

Grievous & friends is my current team and I’m taking #1 quite easily now that I’ve gotten a feel for the team and put some resources into them...

It’s about a minute to a minute and a half only to win most fights... and decisively at that

GP10sxM.jpg

4i2iSa0.jpg

Your. Probably one of the few who can actually do this.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    A guild mate of mine frequently takes 1st on an old shard with:

Zaul lead and Sion (both modded for max. damage)
    Nest and Traya (bot modded for tenacity / crit avoidance / health and very slow speed)
    DN (modded for speed, but still slightly slower than Sion).

I have tested it just for fun. It works against fast Revans, since the AI will then target the only available target, Nest, with his mark. Against slower Revans, some of the sith on the team may come out of stealth and become targettable instead of only Nest.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    2ufk9i.jpg

"Sometimes both Revans leave, actually, because Jolee got his revive off and the match timed out. BUT USUALLY IT'S JUST ONE LEAVING!"

*crowd goes insane*
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Beating Revan isn't the problem. I can do it on a consistent basis with JTR/droids or GG/separatist droids. It's that those teams are trash on defense because the AI doesn't know how to use them properly.
  • Drazz127 wrote: »
    Revan has a good kit, but I think he mostly is complimented by some great Jedi around him, which makes him so good. Sith have a ton of good characters, and it wouldn't be hard to have a lead that easily makes them meta. They're already the best counter to him.
    You give Darth Revan a similar kit with deathmark instead of mark and it's easy to see that Sith will be back on top.

This!

Marked is obnoxiously annoying as is savior, but honestly i 💩 all over any Revan squad without Jolee who is the gorilla glue that binds them together. First you have to trigger savior then manage to kill Jolee while fighting through the never ending waves of foresight from Yoda and obnoxious taunts/crit immunity from GK, and this is all happening while Jolee snickers softly every time he counters/attacks and regens an insane amount of health AND protection!

With that being said i dont want to see Revan/Jedi nerfed into the ground or another new dark side character that is even more OP released, but i would like a character like Darth Revan who could put the hurt on jedi but is weak to other previously popular squads like Rebels or Nightsisters. An arena shard with 3+ contender squads is MUCH more fun than this nightmare we've been dealing with.
  • Perhaps they could just make it where darth revan only kills jedi knight revan instantly
    (Malak would not make sense because he lost against revan most of the time. Im definetly believeing revan is going to be the major counter)
  • Darth revan*
  • Drazz127 wrote: »

This!

Marked is obnoxiously annoying as is savior, but honestly i 💩 all over any Revan squad without Jolee who is the gorilla glue that binds them together. First you have to trigger savior then manage to kill Jolee while fighting through the never ending waves of foresight from Yoda and obnoxious taunts/crit immunity from GK, and this is all happening while Jolee snickers softly every time he counters/attacks and regens an insane amount of health AND protection!

With that being said i dont want to see Revan/Jedi nerfed into the ground or another new dark side character that is even more OP released, but i would like a character like Darth Revan who could put the hurt on jedi but is weak to other previously popular squads like Rebels or Nightsisters. An arena shard with 3+ contender squads is MUCH more fun than this nightmare we've been dealing with.

We can call it the "revanmare"
  • Better yet, what if they made revan a marquee, just to compensate for making revan op, and the ebon hawk being a chase was pointing towards that. Because beside wasting your crystals on not farming for revan, it would be pointless, right?
  • Also, what i would not mind at all, and would also help out for you guys double revan haters, is that they made malak the more prominent one, and darth revan the second in command. Then malak would be an ancient journey and revan a marquee, right?

Its doubtful to happen, but another idea to point out.