new "raid" format

One thing I would like to see in this game is: Guild assault raids! Attack another guild, take their resources! That would be great. Admittedly, this is inspired by a broken game that I quit (STFC), but the idea that a guild HAS to stick together to survive appeals to me....

Replies

• Please no. I don't want to lose my resources because of my guild.
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    That sounds like p2w mechanics bro.

I can see half my guild dropping the game.
  • I think you hit the nail in the head by describing the game that used this style of raid as “broken”
  • mvmss
    213 posts Member
    No, please, do not ever implement this idea. There are tons of games with this concept out there, no need to copy a bad idea just because it's different from what we have.

Don't get me wrong, we win 80% of our TWs and I have 1 single loss at GA, but I'm 200% certain a LOT of people would quit guilds and even the game because of such mechanic.
  • Not a big fan of the idea either. I'd prefer a guild sparring mod where you can fight your guild mates and watch replays to see how your team does when defending. No need for credits or anything, the mod itself is its own reward.
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    However, off topic, it was not THIS that broke STFC: What broke that game was Scopely developing the game, not understanding how to get programmer to code properly. Releasing a lot of stuff that did not work as described, and not fixing it when players addressed the issues.

Oh, so I guess this game is safe then right?
    /sarcasm
  • No, just no.
    Next time you have a horrible idea like this please keep it to yourself.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I absolutely hate any guild setup that involves me sinking resources into "guild vaults", it makes leaving a guild or starting a guild hurt the player.

Then adding an element when one guild can take these resources from another, please no.
    I would love to see a punching bag style guild event, runs for X days and there is no Defeating it, just rewards based on how much damage the guild has done in that time.

There are many great battle scenes that could work in a GW style setup for the guild where you either progress through nodes until your team is dead, or face waves upon waves with mini bosses every so often, to achieve a pool of damage for the guild and rewards based on that number.