Practice againts guildmates squads

Has a mode ever been discussed of, internal to a guild, guildmates can set defensive squads and fellow guildmates can practice/experiment againt them.

Obviously no rewards or anything for winning just neutral fights where one can try out that new set up, try out mod combos or simply...brag 😎

Replies

• Darth_DeVito
    1231 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I love the idea. It's a bit similar to Slaythus's ally vs. ally suggestion in this thread: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/192322/ally-vs-ally-practice
    My first thought was why not make this a guild feature.
    ETA: Or both, for that matter. The more opportunities to practice or try out new teams, the merrier.
  • CG might fear that it reduces crystal spending, but they could give us 1-3 free ally/guild matches per day and charge crystals for additional rounds.
  • Jonnyc2114
    7 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    CG might fear that it reduces crystal spending, but they could give us 1-3 free ally/guild matches per day and charge crystals for additional rounds.

Probably, one of my pet peeves is unlocking that shiny new hero’s but no good way to try them out see where they fit in, galactic war I guess but with internal guild battles I could request specific squads to practice against
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    Many people, including myself, have been pushing for this for years.. With they'd add an ally training/practice arena..
  • Gannon wrote: »
    Many people, including myself, have been pushing for this for years.. With they'd add an ally training/practice arena..

Good to know it’s out there / sad it’s been out there a while and nothing has come of it haha. Keep it simple neutral fight no gains or rewards or anything just practice
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    comes up often, just no traction at this point in time. they spoke about it being a possibility but its looking less likely to have got going anywhere.
  • With GA available it would be helpful for squad development especially with 3v3 which we haven’t had before in the game. So testing for those teams would be fun.
  • Not only would it be a great way to experiment with new combos, but at my level (77) there’s actually not enough actual battles. GW is pretty easy by this point, while I can only make minimum input into high level raids. So, it’s a quick run through GW, pace Squad Arena to maintain ranking, do the same with ships, and that about it. The rest is just a case of clicking sim and hoping for the best. Some ability for free play would MASSIVELY increase value and enjoyment. If you’re not playing, it’s just collecting.

Ideally some system within guild, but even if you could just set squads of your own toons against each other, that would be great. Make it unlock at 70ish (about the time GW gets easy) and most players will have a couple of decent teams and some developing toons by that point. Even if it was limited to 10 battles/day or something (no doubt with some mechanism to get more with crystals - lets not miss a chance to rinse a bit more cash out of loyal customers) it would be a fantastic addition.