People quitting due to Revan?

Prev1
Tompai
17 posts Member
I think about 8% of my allies list quit recently and all lacked Revan.
Is it happening due to overpowered Revan creating an extremely boring squad Arena?
Anyone else notice this trend?
Myself I have 114k CLS team with Chewie, but no C3PO and loose to 90k Revan teams.

Replies

• I have a Revan team, and its still extremely boring in the arena. I'm so sick of fight mirror comps.
    In my shard, in the top 50, 47 of them are JKR, Bastilla, Jolee, GMY, and either Ezra or GK for the 5th.....
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Even when you change it up a bit, it is still a sea of buffs. Like the passenger pigeon flocks in the 19th century, Revan team buffs are so numerous they blot out the sky. Unlike the passenger pigeon, such teams are not destined for extinction. More is the pity.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • marxuke
    163 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Arena has become least favorite gameplay for me. Always the same team setups. Ships are more interesting, but with constant **** teams probably it will get boring too. Only doing them for crystals. But i like GA and Territory wars, more diversity there.
  • revan was the last straw for me. i didn't leave just due to that, but it was representative of what i was no longer going to tolerate in this game.
  • Kurrgan
    100 posts Member
    I'm not quitting yet but I can't stomach climbing anymore so I'll just stick to top 50.
    I'll just cough up $20 a month to make up the difference which is probably what they want.
  • The system of adding new OP heroes to counter existing OP heroes has hit critical mass. They talk about a 5 year plan. I doubt the game sees 5 years. We'll see.
  • HoDA has been going since 2013. SWGOH isn't in any danger of going anywhere for quite some time. CG had the right idea in HoDA with PvP. Every few days, a different faction or sub-set of heroes would be buffed. It gave an incentive to collecting and theory crafting new squad make ups. If a match up wasn't fun, well, it didn't last long enough to be annoying.
  • ruin3rr wrote: »
    HoDA has been going since 2013. SWGOH isn't in any danger of going anywhere for quite some time. CG had the right idea in HoDA with PvP. Every few days, a different faction or sub-set of heroes would be buffed. It gave an incentive to collecting and theory crafting new squad make ups. If a match up wasn't fun, well, it didn't last long enough to be annoying.
    What is HoDA for those of us who don't know?
    HoDA has been going since 2013. SWGOH isn't in any danger of going anywhere for quite some time. CG had the right idea in HoDA with PvP. Every few days, a different faction or sub-set of heroes would be buffed. It gave an incentive to collecting and theory crafting new squad make ups. If a match up wasn't fun, well, it didn't last long enough to be annoying.
    What is HoDA for those of us who don't know?

Heroes of Dragon Age, another CG game.

Read their forums, they have stopped the development schedule, packs are not changing, new hero cycle has been slowed. They are NOWHERE close to being ok. They are approaching EOL imho.
  • Obi1_son
    656 posts Member
    ruin3rr wrote: »

Read their forums, they have stopped the development schedule, packs are not changing, new hero cycle has been slowed. They are NOWHERE close to being ok. They are approaching EOL imho.

Much like this game...
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    HODA died long ago in terms of playerbase. It was already dead in the days this game was released. The main reason was incredible power creep (uncomparable to swgoh) and f2p having zero competetiveness (swgoh is a heaven in that sense too).

So....swgoh is nowhere near dying. It doesn't even look like they are declining if you check their revenue stream quarters.
  • I agree that PVP is dead now. No revan = you loose, slower Revan = you loose. And it goes for both toon and ship PVP (No Hound Tooth = you loose...)
    I no longer even try on PVP F2P. I've spent a bit but quickly realised that you have to spend all the time to stay ahead.Now I just enjoy collecting toons/ships and playing (not simming) the other mods like GW, TB, etc. I only do PvP for the daily quests and I start and withdraw immediately now if there are only Revan teams (99.9% of the time now).
    It is still a good game without the PvP I think.

• I play 2 arena battles on auto just for the daily challenge and 1 ship battle.
    It's too boring
  • Smarty
    35 posts Member
    This game will be dead soon

They don't care, they've made their money and will just bring out shiny new toys for the rich players before the game dies

Sad, this was a great game not so long ago
  • Ct214476
    176 posts Member
    I think that the title of this game should be Star Wars Galaxy of Knights of the Old Republic
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    I think those that think the game will die should just quit themselves and save all of us the trouble.
  • Ryzak620
    215 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »
    I think those that think the game will die should just quit themselves and save all of us the trouble.

All of these people have valid and proven complaints about the state of the game. Your comment is inane. Frankly, you're blind to the serious game issues at hand
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Ryzak620 wrote: »

All of these people have valid and proven complaints about the state of the game. Your comment is inane. Frankly, you're blind to the serious game issues at hand

How did you gather I'm blind to them? Maybe you should check my posts before making such claims.

What's valid and proven about the assumption that game is dying? From when did a game having issues directly equate to it dying?
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    If Revan was the last straw for someone or some percent of the game's population and they quitted over it, I'm totally ok with that. However it's not really sensible to assume Revan is the new state of affairs we'll always get subjected to from here on. It's just one of the naughty spikes throughout the games life...and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9zFt6M_GLo
  • Ryzak620
    215 posts Member
    It's not a nasty spike. It's been ramping up to this for a long time. Revan is just the "straw the broke the camel's back" for a lot more people than the previous over-powered releases.

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Ryzak620 wrote: »
    It's not a nasty spike. It's been ramping up to this for a long time. Revan is just the "straw the broke the camel's back" for a lot more people than the previous over-powered releases.

That depends on which type of data you are looking at. Many seems to think in booleans. Is there power creep or not? Some conclude since there's power creep and there will always be so it's not a problem.

Power creep is a climb and when you take the derivative of it, you get the rate of power creep. If you put that on a graph Revan is a spike.

As I said previously I've seen much worse, irreversable and unslowable power creep in CGs previous game. So I consider and hope this particular occasion an exception which will inform CG to put a leash on it. If it's not an exception but the new rule of the land and it will only get worse from here at some point I will RQ too.
    Post edited by No_Try on
  • Ryzak620 wrote: »

The state of the game has been the same since November 24, 2015.
  • I agree that PVP is dead now. No revan = you loose, slower Revan = you loose. And it goes for both toon and ship PVP (No Hound Tooth = you loose...)
    I no longer even try on PVP F2P. I've spent a bit but quickly realised that you have to spend all the time to stay ahead.Now I just enjoy collecting toons/ships and playing (not simming) the other mods like GW, TB, etc. I only do PvP for the daily quests and I start and withdraw immediately now if there are only Revan teams (99.9% of the time now).
    It is still a good game without the PvP I think.

Its a good game. Slightly boring right now, but still gucchi
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    Droideka is a Revan killer in mirror matches. Unfortunately not FTP at the moment.

How is it a mirror match if you run Droideka... Thus making it not a mirror match?