ALIGNMENT: Light Side
CATEGORIES: Light Side, Old Republic, Support, Cargo Ship
PILOTS: Carth Onasi, T3-M4
Durable Old Republic Support that dispels enemies and prevents Target Lock

k3ht6pbco6jr.gif

ABILITIES:

Basic: Heavy Laser Turrets
orcgq7r35ca3.gif

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and attack again. Grant another random buffed ally 15% Turn Meter for each attack.

Special 1 (Carth Onasi): Potent Pilot (Cooldown 3)
jzoegn6yh491.gif
FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and dispel all buffs on them. This attack deals 20% more damage for each ally with Chaff, and can't be evaded by Sith enemies.

Chaff: Immune to Target Lock

Special 2 (T3-M4): Scramble Scanners (Cooldown 3)
3je1iudyefr5.gif

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Buff Immunity for 2 turns. Dispel Target Lock from all allies and grant them Chaff for 2 turns. This attack gains 20% Critical Chance for each other Cargo Ship ally.

Unique 1: Critical Cargo

FINAL TEXT: The Ebon Hawk gains Foresight for 1 turn each time it is critically hit. It has +15% Defense for each other ally, doubled for Cargo Ship allies. All allies have +20% Potency, and the Ebon Hawk gains 30% Turn Meter each time it scores a critical hit.

Hardware: Special Delivery

FINAL TEXT: Enter Battle: Dispel Target Lock from all allies and grant them Chaff for 2 turns. Dispel all buffs on all enemies and inflict Evasion Down on them for 2 turns, which can't be evaded.

Developer Notes:
The Ebon Hawk was a really interesting ship to design because we don’t have an Old Republic fleet for it to nest into, and there are a limited number of scenes in the original games where it was directly involved in combat. From the outset, we designed this ship to be a viable plug-and-play option with more focus on strong reinforcement utility (vs. front line play).

Compared to character combat - which has a tremendous breadth of status effects - ships lacks some of that diversity today, so we're interested in continuing to expand this part of combat whenever we can. Early on in the design process we aligned around granting immunity to allies as the core of the new status effect, and this became central to how we built up what would eventually become Chaff.

We think the Ebon Hawk pairs particularly well with the Galactic Republic, Geonosians, and Bounty Hunter, however the ability to dispel all enemy buffs on reinforcement should help many different fleet configurations fare better against some of the more challenging fleets you may face.

Here are some of the lineups we played with:
0j9endhdrbyh.png
szjl549hgvjh.png
dwoejh3zy9sx.png
wew927d7ohuf.png

Post edited by CG_SBCrumb on

Replies

• Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Yeah! More Kotor!!! /sarcasm. But it is a new ship, so I’m 50/50 on this one.
  • KOTOR is killing this game
  • This kit doesn't seem all that great but the stats are going to be important, we will see how the survivability is
  • Awesome so glad you put T3M4 in there
  • theatomicpun
    492 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Dispel enemies and inflict evasion down on reinforce. Another way to kill HMF.
  • I'm actually excited for this ship to come. The debuffs and extra attack sound nice.
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    This kit doesn't seem all that great but the stats are going to be important, we will see how the survivability is

It's probably going to be strongest as a reinforcement ship with that AoE enemy team cleanse but removing target lock can also be helpful in some situations
  • Why not just call it Target Lock Immunity instead of Chaff?
  • Oh, great. OR ships now. 🙄
  • So does Chaff prevent Tie Advanced from reapplying target lock? Since it specifies immune I’d assume so, but looking for clarification. In the same vein, does it apply Chaff before cleansing target lock?
  • I don't get all the OR hate. Have these people not played Kotor and Kotor II?? OR is amazing.
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    This kit doesn't seem all that great but the stats are going to be important, we will see how the survivability is

It's probably going to be strongest as a reinforcement ship with that AoE enemy team cleanse but removing target lock can also be helpful in some situations

I agree. It seems like it will be the key to many things, like how Jolee was: seemed to be "okay" but will be much better in actuality. Truth is, I'm incredibly excited, I absolutely love the Ebon Hawk and I can't wait to get it. I do hope the sequel KotOR characters will be appearing with it too.... ;)
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Shame we didn't get a puzzle for this reveal
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Why not just call it Target Lock Immunity instead of Chaff?

Because chaff make radar all screwy, which hinders targeting.
  • Wow that reinforcement ability is pretty great
  • Mstrefe1
    281 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    So if Vader was on the other side, the clear would be pointless? Wow.
    Looking for an amazing new guild? Check out Boba's Allience: discord.gg/trr93Ty
  • Mstrefe1 wrote: »
    So it doesnt actually prevent Target Lock, but can clear it? So if Vader was on the other side, the clear would be pointless? Wow.

Chaff: Immune to Target Lock
  • Mstrefe1 wrote: »

If they have Chaff, it would prevent it...
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Anti Falcon Ship is good. Cargo Ship is Good.

Anti-Sith Ship for yet to be released Sith Ships maybe? We will see.

Got a picture?
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    Everyone saying they can’t wait for ebon hawk. Now the time has co e and everyone is hating it. Help please, I’m very confused.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Mstrefe1 wrote: »

Can you be immune to something you are already afflicted with?

I think its an interesting scenario which is a race in order of operations

Target Lock is dispelled and then it depends on what happens first, Chaff or Vader's re-applying Target Lock similar to Fracture and Old Ben Zeta

Hope they tested out and we don't get a bug on this
  • I don't get all the OR hate. Have these people not played Kotor and Kotor II?? OR is amazing.

Because the content from it have made this game exponentially less enjoyable... Sith Raid and Arena both suck which are the largest parts of leveling up in this game.
  • CG please no more kotor. I understand there was a small hyper vocal minority that asked you for kotor but it has now been over a year of kotor. Please! Enough. A year long theme of only one era isn't fun. There are many things happening in Star Wars right now that are new and exciting. Enough with kotor, Please.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Mstrefe1 wrote: »

Can you be immune to something you are already afflicted with?

I think its an interesting scenario which is a race in order of operations

Target Lock is dispelled and then it depends on what happens first, Chaff or Vader's re-applying Target Lock similar to Fracture and Old Ben Zeta

Hope they tested out and we don't get a bug on this

Ebon Hawk applies Chaff anyway. Which means that if it throws Chaff onto them ("Dispel Target Lock from all allies and grant them Chaff for 2 turns.") they won't be getting Target Lock for those two turns. All I agree with hoping that Chaff prevents the re-application of Target Lock with order of operations though, that would just make sense to me.

@FREEDOMfrom I think most folks issue is that OR has pretty much dominated the game for just over a year now (with introduction of Traya and the Sith Raid). They're probably ready for a new "era" to get the limelight. Clone Wars era would be great, considering how many of those characters are junk in the game. They touched on Grievous and a couple Droids, but not enough to make a difference, and pretty much all of the Jedi from that time period need a lot of work.
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »

Is that a term used in KotoR then? Because none of the dictionary definitions I’ve found say that chaff messes with radars.
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    a ship with Old republic tag .. you know what that means...
  • This is cool, was expecting JKR though instead of Carth as Pilot
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

Is that a term used in KotoR then? Because none of the dictionary definitions I’ve found say that chaff messes with radars.

It’s real world stuff. I work with the stuff.
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    @DaPowerfulJedi found by googling "chaff radar.

Edit: link doesn't link right. Google as above. Wiki page" chaff countermeasure"