Kit Reveal: Ebon Hawk

Replies

• SmurfLAX28 wrote: »
    I don't get all the OR hate. Have these people not played Kotor and Kotor II?? OR is amazing.

Because the content from it have made this game exponentially less enjoyable... Sith Raid and Arena both suck which are the largest parts of leveling up in this game.

Would having a super overpowered Jedi Master Luke that's running arena with an Emperor's Throne Room raid be any better...? The era has nothing to do with it, I have no idea why you're blaming that.
    CG please no more kotor. I understand there was a small hyper vocal minority that asked you for kotor but it has now been over a year of kotor. Please! Enough. A year long theme of only one era isn't fun. There are many things happening in Star Wars right now that are new and exciting. Enough with kotor, Please.

My friend, we have literally had Bounty Hunter Reworks, Separatist reworks (although only partial, I'll grant), Chewbacca, Millenium Falcon, etc. It isn't a continuous one year with just one era, not even close. It has been varied. They're gonna get so many things, they might as well add these lore-rich characters now, no difference than doing it later.
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    How will it be released?
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • This ship seems like a top 5. Obviously a reinforcement. “Dispel all buffs on all enemies”. Buff immunity... this Ship is as good/better than Cassians. It will be Meta-Defining. Book it!
  • This is basically Cassian ship ctrl c ctrl v.
    Just without the rebel tag to kill all synergy.
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    So does Chaff prevent Tie Advanced from reapplying target lock? Since it specifies immune I’d assume so, but looking for clarification. In the same vein, does it apply Chaff before cleansing target lock?

It applies Chaff before cleansing Target Lock so Target Lock will be removed and then can't be reapplied by Vader since the ship is now Immune to Target Lock. Once Chaff wears off, Vader won't reapply immediately Target Lock after Chaff is removed because there was no Target Lock to reapply but Vader can use his basic to apply target lock again.
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    CG please no more kotor. I understand there was a small hyper vocal minority that asked you for kotor but it has now been over a year of kotor. Please! Enough. A year long theme of only one era isn't fun. There are many things happening in Star Wars right now that are new and exciting. Enough with kotor, Please.

It wasnt that small and whats going on with SW thats new? Lol. This is the time to do kotor before ep 9 and the mandalorian and the new cw. Besides We all knew ebon hawk would come to the game.
  • When does this release? How long will the event last?
  • Why do these character strategy updates come out before the update explaination? Kind of kills it to do it that way.
    Go Pens!
  • Is this going to be a Marquee event or something else?
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    So does Chaff prevent Tie Advanced from reapplying target lock? Since it specifies immune I’d assume so, but looking for clarification. In the same vein, does it apply Chaff before cleansing target lock?

It applies Chaff before cleansing Target Lock so Target Lock will be removed and then can't be reapplied by Vader since the ship is now Immune to Target Lock. Once Chaff wears off, Vader won't reapply immediately Target Lock after Chaff is removed because there was no Target Lock to reapply but Vader can use his basic to apply target lock again.

You guys need to fix the description so it lists these things in the order they happen. 'Enter Battle: Dispel Target Lock from all allies and grant them Chaff for 2 turns.' implies the opposite.
  • Is this going to be a legendary or marquee?
  • Target lock? Vader? So 2 metas ago.
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    Kiki200490 wrote: »
    Is this going to be a legendary or marquee?

Probably marquee. Legendary would be too good for this ship. The kit looks really good, just definitely not legendary status.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • What's the release? Marquee OR legendary?
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Why not just call it Target Lock Immunity instead of Chaff?

Because chaff make radar all screwy, which hinders targeting.

Is that a term used in KotoR then? Because none of the dictionary definitions I’ve found say that chaff messes with radars.

Yeah. I think old version used to cut up aluminum strips or something similar.
  • CG please no more kotor. I understand there was a small hyper vocal minority that asked you for kotor but it has now been over a year of kotor. Please! Enough.
    LOL....a small minority? Revan and KOTOR and Old Republic were heavily requested by a lot of people...not by some small minority.
  • Come on CG! Enough of this kotor now, it’s gone on too long! It’s becoming boring!
  • ships taunting **** me off. will be farming the hell out of this ship
  • htid1987 wrote: »
    Come on CG! Enough of this kotor now, it’s gone on too long! It’s becoming boring!

"Objection: We are not done yet! My rework will be next and I will enjoy killing meatbags for my master."
    Circle of Sin. 2 Teams. This is the way! cos.rocks
  • Excellent news. While I'm not a ships lover I think this ship looks promising and I like how the pilots are good characters. Will be a win/win gearing up these pilots. Nice!
  • Wait what. Hardware? :0

Also please don't make Kotor meta here too. I was hoping for a new GK who has a ship and have a Clone Wars meta here at least :(
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Wait what. Hardware? :0

Also please don't make Kotor meta here too. I was hoping for a new GK who has a ship and have a Clone Wars meta here at least :(

Hardware is reinforcement abilities.
  • relo
    3 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Why not just call it Target Lock Immunity instead of Chaff?

Because chaff make radar all screwy, which hinders targeting.

Is that a term used in KotoR then? Because none of the dictionary definitions I’ve found say that chaff messes with radars.

the wiki-page for chaff literally says that:
    Chaff, originally called Window[1] by the British and Düppel by the Second World War era German Luftwaffe (from the Berlin suburb where it was first developed), is a radar countermeasure in which aircraft or other targets spread a cloud of small, thin pieces of aluminium, metallized glass fibre or plastic, which either appears as a cluster of primary targets on radar screens or swamps the screen with multiple returns.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Wait what. Hardware? :0

It synergizes with Cargo Ships so it goes great with Millenium Falcon. It is still going to be a rebel falcon dominant meta. Kills HT and prevents biggs to recover protection. It’s a great anti-tank

If we are getting a Sith capital and meta then this ship will help Ackbar Rebel meta to remain competitive imo

Either way, I don’t mind another couple months of Jedi vs Sith meta, I hope we turn towards FO / Resistance meta soon towards the end of the year
  • I don't get all the OR hate. Have these people not played Kotor and Kotor II?? OR is amazing.

Did you play kotor for a year every day? Too much of content (and meta) is old republic in last year. It is a 15 years old game that gets more spotlight then some of the movies
  • Docx
    94 posts Member
    Can we get a refund on the Finn zeta?
  • There are many things happening in Star Wars right now that are new and exciting. Enough with kotor, Please.

While there may be “new” nothing happening in Star Wars right meow (outside of Galaxies Edge) is exciting. The new movies? blah. Resistance? Blah. Books? Eh. Video games? Better but not exciting. KOTOR and Legends is vastly superior and more exciting then the crap Disney has put out.
  • CG please no more kotor. I understand there was a small hyper vocal minority that asked you for kotor but it has now been over a year of kotor. Please! Enough. A year long theme of only one era isn't fun. There are many things happening in Star Wars right now that are new and exciting. Enough with kotor, Please.

Nope, KOTOR is awesome, stop crying
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    There are many things happening in Star Wars right now that are new and exciting. Enough with kotor, Please.

While there may be “new” nothing happening in Star Wars right meow (outside of Galaxies Edge) is exciting. The new movies? blah. Resistance? Blah. Books? Eh. Video games? Better but not exciting. KOTOR and Legends is vastly superior and more exciting then the crap Disney has put out.

Plenty of great stuff in the clone wars tv show that can be a much needed addition to the game.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited March 2019
    Ship is a 4 star unlock.... Not sure if its a marquee but its definitely not a legendary

EDIT: Guessing its Galactic Chase