Kit Reveal: Ebon Hawk

Replies

• Yeah finish KoTor, then start with KoToR II and TOR please :)
    Circle of Sin. 2 Teams. This is the way! cos.rocks
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Its a Chase event starting March 8.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Ultra wrote: »
    Ship is a 4 star unlock.... Not sure if its a marquee but its definitely not a legendary

EDIT: Guessing its Galactic Chase

Palps shuttle was a four star unlock... possibly another galactic chase type event.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Oh very nice animations! Chaff is cool.
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Why not just call it Target Lock Immunity instead of Chaff?

Because chaff make radar all screwy, which hinders targeting.

Is that a term used in KotoR then? Because none of the dictionary definitions I’ve found say that chaff messes with radars.

It’s real world stuff. I work with the stuff.
    @DaPowerfulJedi found by googling "chaff radar.

Edit: link doesn't link right. Google as above. Wiki page" chaff countermeasure"
    relo wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Why not just call it Target Lock Immunity instead of Chaff?

Because chaff make radar all screwy, which hinders targeting.

Is that a term used in KotoR then? Because none of the dictionary definitions I’ve found say that chaff messes with radars.

the wiki-page for chaff literally says that:
    Chaff, originally called Window[1] by the British and Düppel by the Second World War era German Luftwaffe (from the Berlin suburb where it was first developed), is a radar countermeasure in which aircraft or other targets spread a cloud of small, thin pieces of aluminium, metallized glass fibre or plastic, which either appears as a cluster of primary targets on radar screens or swamps the screen with multiple returns.

Well okay then. I’ve never heard the word used that way until now.
  • SmurfLAX28 wrote: »
    I don't get all the OR hate. Have these people not played Kotor and Kotor II?? OR is amazing.

Because the content from it have made this game exponentially less enjoyable... Sith Raid and Arena both suck which are the largest parts of leveling up in this game.

Wrong, it has made the game 100000000000000000x times better.
  • CG please no more kotor. I understand there was a small hyper vocal minority that asked you for kotor but it has now been over a year of kotor. Please! Enough. A year long theme of only one era isn't fun. There are many things happening in Star Wars right now that are new and exciting. Enough with kotor, Please.

This game should be renamed “Galaxy of the Old Republic”

I’m also tired of this Kotor
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Yes way too much time spent on a fringe aspect of star wars.....KOTOR must die!
  • I am not gonna lie...I'm stoked about this and angry it wasn't launched sooner!
  • Really? He's got an ability against SITH. I'm just about the only guy who runs sith ships as 5 of their lineup.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Hmmm. Cargo ship meta?

HT, Ghost, HMF -> EH, Phantom, Landos Falcon, Rey's Falcon.

Stealth HMF with Ghost, EH reinforce to kill enemy HMF, Phantom as secondary tank who brings in Lando or Rey a turn early for AOE or Direct damage, as needed.

Just spitballing, but might work...
  • Suprème_Lèader_Tsao
    122 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    I’ve been farming Carth and Juhani furiously in anticipation.
    But if we end up needing the Ebon Hawk, I will be a very, very, VERY unhappy man.

I would be very excited for the Ebon Hawk under any normal circumstances, but the Galaxy cannot contain the scope of my building rage right now.

I figured this round would be attainable, but if this round again goes to the largest of whales, then this means that they have read what we had to say about the Hero/Savior round and decided to make it seem attainable just long enough...
  • He's built to rip my lineup to shreds. (Good for rock, paper, scissors, but not when sith ships arent even very good) He dispels all buffs (I hand bomber taunt and retribution fast as possible) and gives this new thing "chaff" which stops Vader completely. He kills mauls ability. Stops the taunt from bomber. He stops palpatines additional taunt by another. The only guy I have left I sith fighter (due to foresight), and the ship will literally blow itself to nothing if you just leave it alone for a few turns, then remove foresight right before an attack.
  • Love KoToR and love this ship. I'm actually mildly surprised it wasn't made a legendary ship! Excited for this.
  • All I know is I'm super hyped for this! I enjoy Ships (go ahead, shoot me) and Kotor. Granted SWGOH is becoming SWGOK, but I always eagerly await any new content headed our way! Lookin' great, CG!
    But plz rerework GG.
  • j6a4uppcz9kf.jpg

Neat, now KOTOR will dominate Arena AND Fleet combat...
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    This kit doesn't seem all that great but the stats are going to be important, we will see how the survivability is

IF you can't target lock HT....great a buff for cargo ships and takes away a few HT counters.... so I basically see this ship as a BUFF for HT and the dispels allow you to kill falcon...

So Buff to HT meta lol highest use ship
    Counter to Falcon which a lot of people been begging for...

Interesting ship I Guess... Seems like a "The last Starfighter quandry tho" Gotta kill the falcon to stand a chance to win, Can't kill the HT to get to the falcon....we're dead lol...

Anyway yeah not sure which teams it will fit on but new ships ALWAYS welcome even bad ones.... JUST NEED SHIP CONTENT TO USE THEM ON DEVS.....CMON.

This ship can be used to kill falcon.... and I see it as the ship people without the falcon can now go to now to get to kill the falcon.... IF you can't get to the falcon with cassian AND carth..... forget it.

Look forward to using this ship when I have it farmed in 2020 !!!!!!!!!!!

• Dk_rek wrote: »
    Gotta kill the falcon to stand a chance to win, Can't kill the HT to get to the falcon....we're dead lol...
    So no change from the way it is at the moment then?

• R2E2s
    43 posts Member
    Keep the OR content coming. Despite what people are saying about a year of OR theme. P.S please don’t forget about Meetra Surik and Revan Reborn :)
  • vksg
    132 posts Member
    Looks like they put a stronger version of Cassian's dispell and a stronger version of Wedge's buff immunity together into this ship. That's 2 KoToR pilots that render 4 old toons with limited usage even more superfluous.

The kit is great but I don't like how they just obviously replace old toons/ships instead of polishing/reworking them.
  • vksg wrote: »
    Looks like they put a stronger version of Cassian's dispell and a stronger version of Wedge's buff immunity together into this ship. That's 2 KoToR pilots that render 4 old toons with limited usage even more superfluous.

The kit is great but I don't like how they just obviously replace old toons/ships instead of polishing/reworking them.

I don’t think it’s replacement so much as it’s redundancy - the other ships are still usable, but now you can use their functionality in multiple fleets, for modes like Grand Arena and Territory Wars.
  • So many cargo ships and yet bodhi have none. hey, he's a former imperial cargo ship pilot after all.
  • Isnt hardware supposed to be reinforcement now? @cg_sbcrumb
  • I think it looks sweet and will definitely be trying to get it
  • TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    Kokie wrote: »

I know right?
    If only they would release main chars like Chewie and Threepio...and cough cough...The Falcon.

Come on guy.

Oh if only they would release Traya,Sion,Revan, Bastila, bastila, jolee, carth,t3m4,canderous,mission,zalbar,juhani. If only half of those toons would be meta for a year now. If only they would release ebon hawk. And all of that for a game that is 15 years old. You may like kotor as a game but a year for a single game is too much
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    Kokie wrote: »

I know right?
    If only they would release main chars like Chewie and Threepio...and cough cough...The Falcon.

Come on guy.

Oh if only they would release Traya,Sion,Revan, Bastila, bastila, jolee, carth,t3m4,canderous,mission,zalbar,juhani. If only half of those toons would be meta for a year now. If only they would release ebon hawk. And all of that for a game that is 15 years old. You may like kotor as a game but a year for a single game is too much
    Meta comes and goes

GK is the most versatile and longest meta toon of all time

Revan is meta partly because of GMY who isn’t even Old Republic

I can name all the rebels and say half of them are meta too. Like why bother mentioning Juhani / T3 etc when they have zero impact on the meta and every game mode other than stretching to prove your point. Which says more about how thin your argument is tbh
  • People will be always complaining about something. Haters gonna hate.

Love all KOTOR, Star Wars as Universe and this game.

This ship is going to be interesting. Cargo ships synergy will bring all strong ships together.
    Also nice f2p friendly option for people who doesn't have HMF. Good addition to those who has it as well.

5 sith ships then probably will be required for Sith Capital Ship once Emperor Shuttle will be back again...

Carth and T3M4 are most obvious choises + give more motivation into investing into 2 zeta mats for the metal buddy.

Good job, CG!
  • billiam425 wrote: »
    I think it looks sweet and will definitely be trying to get it

The kit looks sweet. The ship looks like a bargain bin Millennium Falcon. And quelle surprise, its pilot is a blaster-wielding handsome space cowboy. Because we don't have enough Falcons and Hans at this point. We also need their Great Value versions from some dusty old PC game instead of A-Wings, B-Wings, Y-Wings, TIE Interceptors and Bombers, Sandtroopers, Scout Troopers, Endor rebels, a separatist capital ship, Padme, Ki-Adi Mundi, Shaak Ti, and all the other actual Star Wars content that hasn't been added to the game in playable form as of yet.