Prev13
crzydroid
7254 posts Moderator
edited March 2019
DEV POST
CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
nmdi9lnxa4yb.png

Hi Holotable Heroes!
Here is all the new content you’ll find after today’s update, 3/6/2019.

CHARACTERS AND SHIPS
For more info on these units, check out the kit reveals and strategy guides below:

CHANGES
  • Reverted Jango Fett Attack Sounds - We took a pass at improving his blaster sounds in a previous update but aren’t satisfied with the results. The sound effect will return to its original version for now and we are going to go back to the drawing board to see if we can create a sound effect that is even closer to how it sounds in the movie.
  • B1 Battle Droid and B2 Super Battle Droid now have sound effects when defeated
  • Consolidated and clarified many buff descriptions when you tap and hold a character in battle. This does not have any impact on gameplay but was done for clarity and in preparation for the UI changes coming in the next version update
  • Daily Activities Change: Light Side and Dark Side Hard Battle Daily Activities have been condensed into 1 Daily Activity at Level 85

EVENTS
Galactic Chase - Ebon Hawk
The EBON HAWK has arrived! Ebon Hawk blueprints will be available as bonus rewards on all Fleet Battles nodes for a limited time! Head over to the Fleet Battles holotable March 8th and start earning blueprints for this iconic Old Republic-era ship!
  • Event begins: March 8th

NEW PACKS AND BUNDLES
Clandestine Cargo Pack
Power up the Ebon Hawk with this brand new pack! Each pack guarantees at least 5 blueprints for the Ebon Hawk and may drop up to 330 BLUEPRINTS! In addition, each pack drops ability materials of each kind and Reinforcement Materials.

Possible characters:
  • Ebon Hawk
Date available: Mar 8th
1299 Crystals
Minimum Level requirements: 60

FIXES
  • LOCALISATION - B2 Super Battle Droid's name in the Thai language has been amended to be consistent with all other mentions of B2 Super Battle Droids’ name.
  • LOCALISATION - Many minor changes to Buff descriptions
  • UNIT - Fixed a bug where B2 Super Battle Droid, IG-100 MagnaGuard and General Grievous in events were using the new reworked abilities.
  • UNIT - Fixed a bug where the B2 Super Battle Droid in Light Side, Dark Side, Cantina, Ship Battles and events was using the new reworked abilities.
  • UNIT - Fixed a bug where B1 Battle Droid in Light Side and Cantina nodes and the Tank Takedown raid would not count as Separatists for certain Prestigious quests.
  • UNIT - Updated B1 Battle Droid's "Droid Battalion" description to indicate it is immune to everything that increases its Max Health or Max Protection.
  • UNIT - Fixed a bug where Droideka's basic attack was able to use negative speed values when calculating damage.
  • UNIT - Fixed an issue where Droideka was assisting before Separatist allies completed their abilities.
  • UNIT - Han's Millennium Falcon - updated "Outmaneuver" description for clarity. While Outmaneuver is active, it can't be countered and it can't be targeted while other allies are present, unless Taunting.
  • UNIT - Fixed a bug where C-3PO could inflict Confuse on Darth Traya's lightsabers in Phase 3 of the Sith Triumvirate Raid.
  • UNIT - Fixed a bug where Old Daka's "Serve Again" would not grant Turn Meter to Nightsister Zombie when Zombie revived while Daka was active.
  • UNIT - Added missing audio to Jango Fett's jetpack landing.
  • UNIT - Fixed a bug where Jedi Consular's "Attack as Defense" could not critically hit when it ignored the target's defense.
  • UNIT - Fixed a bug where B2 Rocket Trooper's "Directed to use Special ability" effect in the Tank Takedown raid appeared green like a buff. It will now appear blue as it is a status, not a buff.
  • AUDIO - Fixed a bug where General Grievous' lightsaber activate audio would not trigger when entering battle.

DEV POST
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    Placeholder
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    So everyone, does this ship deserve my crystals to farm it? More than emperor's shuttle?
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    edited March 2019
    Tbirds01 wrote: »
    So everyone, does this ship deserve my crystals to farm it? More than emperor's shuttle?
    Its not like you can farm the shuttle

I'd aim for an unlock and if possible go for 5 stars

EDIT: His 5* reinforcement ability will make your Falcon fleet stronger and opposing falcons easier to beat on offense
  • iBics
    58 posts Member

Well if u are farming carth currently its not a big of a change..
  • Tbirds01 wrote: »

I think it will be important against the coming Sith meta, and the reinforcement ability is very important. I love the ship so I will be donating my soul- I mean, crystals, to it.
  • Was hoping for so much more from this update...HK-47 rework, Finn fix, Darth Revan update, something from the QoL Road Ahead being implemented. I'll take the Ebon Hawk, but I was hoping for more.
  • Grue
    54 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

EDIT: His 5* reinforcement ability will make your Falcon fleet stronger and opposing falcons easier to beat on offense

I think the Reinforcement ability is better for non-Falcon fleets who have to fight Falcons. If you have the Falcon, I think Cassius is still going to be better in that slot.
  • newershadow
    90 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    For the new Force Balance (6x LS or DS battles) Daily Activity, is it a replacement for the 3x LS and 3x DS activities? I didn’t see it in the patch notes.

Edit: looks like it was edited into the patch notes since I checked, answer is yes.
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member

I think it will be important against the coming Sith meta, and the reinforcement ability is very important. I love the ship so I will be donating my soul- I mean, crystals, to it.

Cool, sounds like a plan man.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    For the new Force Balance (6x LS or DS battles) Daily Activity, is it a replacement for the 3x LS and 3x DS activities? I didn’t see it in the patch notes.

Edit: looks like it was edited into the patch notes since I checked, answer is yes.
    That's a great QoL update
  • Carth and his ship in a same place! Salute CG.
  • Honestly.. New characters/ ships are all well and good... But an application for them would be way more interesting...

There have been so many mediocre-to decent characters added over the last few months, but there is nothing in the game that hasn't been achievable with the toons that were already available.

I... I just don't care...

Half my guild keeps talking about being on autopilot until something new comes along, so when are we going to get something that adds new and exciting gameplay? All we have these days is JKR mirror matches and the same, worn out TBs and Assault Battles... And TW is becoming mechanical as well.

Any hint at SOMETHING new and exciting would be appreciated...
  • Fahrius
    620 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    @CG_SBCrumb nice, but still no fix to geo spy not gaining tm by dots under ig88 lead, neither plo koon's basic not dispelling :'(
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • @CG_SBCrumb any chance we’ll get that Ewok Ultimate Bundle in the store for the C-3PO event tomorrow? Need to finish off a couple of my Ewoks.
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    Fahrius wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb nice, but still no fix to geo spy not gaining tm by dots under ig88 lead, neither plo koon's basic not dispelling :'(
    Negative. I'll poke to the team to make sure those fixes have not been lost in shuffle somewhere
  • Droideka not getting his bubble the entire time he has damage immunity no?
  • Was hoping for so much more from this update...HK-47 rework, Finn fix, Darth Revan update, something from the QoL Road Ahead being implemented. I'll take the Ebon Hawk, but I was hoping for more.

Not sure why anyone would expect a Darth Revan ancient journey event to just drop out of the blue...they always up those events with a tease and an official announcement ahead of time....they don't just get thrown into an update. The new Falcon and C3PO had teases 12 days before their events.....Chewie and Revan had teases ahead of time, etc.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Grue wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

I think the Reinforcement ability is better for non-Falcon fleets who have to fight Falcons. If you have the Falcon, I think Cassius is still going to be better in that slot.

The ship is the answer to people complaining they can't beat falcon without the falcon... Still the ship is a major buff to the Hounds Tooth which is already the highest usage ship... I was kind of hoping we would be able to move away from HT someday to mix things up....

Pretty boring meh update IMO BUT ships is my favorite so I"m loving that..... NOW IF WE COULD JUST GET SOME ACTUAL SHIP CONTENT TO USE the ships they want us to pay for I would be in dream land
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Fahrius wrote: »
    Negative. I'll poke to the team to make sure those fixes have not been lost in shuffle somewhere

Give them a double poke about giving us some place to actually use our ships and I'll add you to my christmas card list sir.....:)
  • 1 qol and no major issue brought in, this may actually be the most successful patch to date.
  • Trenchfun
    6 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Still 1.5 years since Nihilus lead actually displayed protection up
    (and with the release of Traya this includes bonus protection) they used to be displayed as a purple bar above the health bar back in 2017 and they’ve disappeared between then and 2018.
    I’ve sent in several tickets to bug support and they’ve been closed without a response within 30 minutes of being sent.
    If Nihilus lead is supposed to be allowed to gain these purple protections they should be visible..
    If not they should be blocked from gaining any form of protection.
  • Why can we get experience for completing the 6 Light/Dark side battles? They combine when you get to level 85, so the experience is useless unless CG increases the level cap soon.
    Looking for an amazing new guild? Check out Boba's Allience: discord.gg/trr93Ty
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Fulcrum + C3PO still bugged, great.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • CrysSyling
    41 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    This is a complaint that is only relevant for 1 day - but when the "Complete 3 light side" and "Complete 3 dark side" battles were replaced with "Complete 6 light/dark side battles", why am I forced to complete 6 more just to get my daily activities completed? I ran through more than enough energy today to complete this task 5 times over - but because I didn't finish my daily activities before the update, I'm forced to spend crystals to get more energy just to complete 6 more to finish my daily activities?

Seems logical that when these types of changes are pushed, they should either be retroactive and respect the fact that the old tasks were completed, or not kick in until the next day
  • Am I the only one wondering why ebony hawk is a chase? I mean they havnt done anything with the palpmobile, all their going to do is,burn out this release style just like marquee. What I'm saying is this was intended to "mix" things up, so MIX it up.
  • Geez just do six more battles......
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Hmm, perhaps. But it will make every day after today so much better, so the good definitely out weighs the simming of a whole 6 extra battles.
  • @Randocalrissian As I mentioned - I'm out of energy, so I need to spend crystals to get more just to do this.

@Monel hardly, I always have more than enough farming to do in Light and Dark that this change is completely irrelevant to me.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member

@Monel hardly, I always have more than enough farming to do in Light and Dark that this change is completely irrelevant to me. [/quote]

To you, not to everyone. And the great thing is if you are working 5 farms and they are all lightside you dont have to squeeze in a darkside farm just cause. Trust me, you may not be there yet but one day you will be.